"All things are lawful..."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still out for a Troll?

So, Phoneman777....Have you confessed your sin lately?
See, When you were sinning, you were "in the pollutions of this world".. "caught"
Are you able to comprehend that fact about yourself?
See, the instant you chose to commit that last sin, you were caught in the "corruptions of the world".
That's why you do it.

And...Based on all your posts, its obvious and unfortunate that you were dragged into some bizarre theology at some point in your life, that often happens when a person does not find this verse as their foundation.

Hebrews 13:9

The thing that i find a bit amusing, is that you queerly connect me with Jesuit's.
Do you not know that everything connected to the "cult of Mary" believes you can lose your salvation?
That is a Catholic Doctrine.
Perhaps that's were you learned to believe it.
You keep using that word "troll"...I don't think you know what it means.

What I do is try to turn your focus on texts which disprove your false doctrine, but instead of exploring them and discussing the depth of their meaning, you stop your ears and shut your eyes. It's like trying to deal with a stubborn 4 year old...it's like herding cats.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im a Friend of God, when i became born again.
He literally sent Himself as Jesus into this world to saves sinners.
And he found me a while back, and said..."if you will believe in me, i will give you eternal life and you shall never perish".
I did, and now i Do.

"God, who started Salvation is all the born again, will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL to complete IT"..

""JESUS< THE.... author and FINISHER of our FAITH"...

That is such Amazing Grace......the wonder of Eternal Security "in Christ", having become "The righteousness of God, in Christ".
YOU'RE NOT A FRIEND OF GOD IF YOU'RE TELLING OTHERS THAT "SAVED" PEOPLE WHO IMPENITENTLY DO THINGS WHICH VIOLATE THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD CAN STILL CLAIM THE PROMISES OF GRACE.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"If any man DRAW BACK, My soul shall have no pleasure in him."

You should post all the verse...

"1.) Now the just shall live by faith: 2.) but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.""""

Let me teach this verse... as its a unique one.
Its typical of so many verses in the bible, that are teaching more than one idea.

1.) The just shall live by faith.... "Faith is counted as Righteousness"... "Justification BY......faith...."the JUST"...= the JUSTIFIED, >the BORN AGAIN....shall LIVE<<<......have eternal life.....= by FAITH..... because God accepted their faith and Jesus is now..."Christ in you the Hope of Glory........ Eternal life.

2.)...""My Soul Shall have no pleasure in him""?
Who is that one, ? as that one is not the one who is Justified... because he "drew back" instead of believing... So, If God's Soul can't find or have pleasure IN HIM.....then God is not IN HIM at all, and that is why there is no pleasure, as to please God is this.... "Without FAITH it is impossible to PLEASE GOD", and without giving God your faith, you are not born again.

See that reader?
So this verse is like many whereby the verse is drawing a distinction between a believer, and a non-believer.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yep, once again, you ignore the point which is the "simultaneousness" of the coming of Jesus and our "gathering together".

I didnt ignore it.

See.....the NT makes the distinction between :

1. The time of the Gentiles

2. The Great Tribulation

3. The Millennial Reign of Christ.

You have been taught not to make those distinctions, so, you just ram them together, yet they wont fit except in your Theology inside your head.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
YOU'RE NOT A FRIEND OF GOD IF YOU'RE TELLING OTHERS THAT "SAVED" PEOPLE WHO IMPENITENTLY DO THINGS

"shouting" in Text isn't going to help you.
But listening might....

Listen....You've sinned many times since you were saved... and im giving you the benefit of the Doubt, as i generally remain keenly skeptical of anyone's connection to the Cross, when they deny Christ keeps His Bride.
Thats You, Phoneman777.

Understand....Its a lie to teach that Jesus doesn't keep His Bride that He died to join in Spiritual Union....., and so, can a continual lier actually be born again?
That's always the mystery on Forums where you find Cross Deniers, trying to save themselves all the way to ??????? Hell? , as they are found trying to ruin real believer's Faith on Forums.

So,

Here's the thing.
When God saved the UNGODLY< He didn't require them at that time to sign up for "good behavior later, to try to stay saved"., as the HERETICS teach.
Yet, that is what cult's like the Catholic Church teach, and its what your's teache's, as proven by you teaching it, Phonemann777.

You are one of those odd theological people who believe that ETERNAL LIFE is Temporary, and that Salvation that is paid for by Jesus's blood and death, is only as good as your behavior, today and tomorrow.
So, that is broken faith, if you are born again, and its just Cross Denying Heresy, specifically.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should post all the verse...

"1.) Now the just shall live by faith: 2.) but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.""""

Let me teach this verse... as its a unique one.
Its typical of so many verses in the bible, that are teaching more than one idea.

1.) The just shall live by faith.... "Faith is counted as Righteousness"... "Justification BY......faith...."the JUST"...= the JUSTIFIED, >the BORN AGAIN....shall LIVE<<<......have eternal life.....= by FAITH..... because God accepted their faith and Jesus is now..."Christ in you the Hope of Glory........ Eternal life.

2.)...""My Soul Shall have no pleasure in him""?
Who is that one, ? as that one is not the one who is Justified... because he "drew back" instead of believing... So, If God's Soul can't find or have pleasure IN HIM.....then God is not IN HIM at all, and that is why there is no pleasure, as to please God is this.... "Without FAITH it is impossible to PLEASE GOD", and without giving God your faith, you are not born again.

See that reader?
So this verse is like many whereby the verse is drawing a distinction between a believer, and a non-believer.
Thanks, but I'm not in need of enlightenment on this verse - we're all well aware of what it means to "live by faith", however you are not. You don't understand that our battle against temptation is fought not with carnal weapons, but by our faith which is "the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12 KJV) He imparts to us.

You also are in need of instruction concerning "backsliding" - the Christian who backslides is rendered incapable of "pleasing" God, WHICH MEANS THAT CHRISTIAN HAS CEASED TO EXERCISE FAITH, WITHOUT WHICH PLEASING HIM IS IMPOSSBLE.

Got it?

Reactions: Wrangler

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didnt ignore it.

See.....the NT makes the distinction between :

1. The time of the Gentiles

2. The Great Tribulation

3. The Millennial Reign of Christ.

You have been taught not to make those distinctions, so, you just ram them together, yet they wont fit except in your Theology inside your head.
You've been taught - or rather seduced - by Jesuit lies, friend. There's no such thing as a pre-trib rapture.

Your eschatological model - Jesuit Futurism - is one uninterrupted span of continuous activity down here on Earth from Adam until the end of time, which ignores the many verses which depict a coming period of total desolation on planet Earth devoid of all life and activity. I've already shown you 2 Peter 3:10-11 KJV - which is part of that collection of verses - plainly says when Jesus comes as a "thief in the night", there won't be 7 more MINUTES of activity down here, let alone 7 more YEARS.

Are you going to keep running away from this point or will you answer it?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"shouting" in Text isn't going to help you.
But listening might....

Listen....You've sinned many times since you were saved... and im giving you the benefit of the Doubt, as i generally remain keenly skeptical of anyone's connection to the Cross, when they deny Christ keeps His Bride.
Thats You, Phoneman777.

Understand....Its a lie to teach that Jesus doesn't keep His Bride that He died to join in Spiritual Union....., and so, can a continual lier actually be born again?
That's always the mystery on Forums where you find Cross Deniers, trying to save themselves all the way to ??????? Hell? , as they are found trying to ruin real believer's Faith on Forums.

So,

Here's the thing.
When God saved the UNGODLY< He didn't require them at that time to sign up for "good behavior later, to try to stay saved"., as the HERETICS teach.
Yet, that is what cult's like the Catholic Church teach, and its what your's teache's, as proven by you teaching it, Phonemann777.

You are one of those odd theological people who believe that ETERNAL LIFE is Temporary, and that Salvation that is paid for by Jesus's blood and death, is only as good as your behavior, today and tomorrow.
So, that is broken faith, if you are born again, and its just Cross Denying Heresy, specifically.
When it comes to "sin", you fail to differentiate between the Just Man and the OSAS License to Sin Presumptuous Man.

Until you do, you won't realize spiritual enlightenment. You must set aside your trust in doctrines that are intended to grant a License allowing us to simultaneously cling to presumptuous sin and Jesus, and accept the truth.

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Would a true Christian believe they have a licence to sin if they believed their sole righteousness before God was faith in his son? We could ask, is a true Christian someone who only wants to be a Christian because they are afraid of hell if they are not one, or, is a true Christian someone who in their heart loves God and wants to obey because they love him? I don’t see how, if you truly love God, you could view righteousness solely by faith in Christ as a licence to do whatever you want.

Think of the person you love most in this world. Let’s call them x. A government official of your country comes knocking on your door. He tells you, he has the authority to inform you, if you harm in any way, or kill x, you will not be held accountable for it as far as the government is concerned. You will receive no punishment by doing so. How would that information affect you? Would you rub your hands with glee and think of all the different ways you could harm or kill the person you love most in this world? It’s ridiculous isn’t it.

And apart from that, the law God desires a believer to follow is written in their mind and placed on their heart under the new covenant, and it will not be removed as long as you live on this earth. You want to follow what is in your heart, and, when you at times fail to, due to the flesh, you will be struck by a severe conscience in doing so. For you are going against how you in your mind know you should live, and how you in your heart want to live, for that is where the law now is. If you believed you can act however you like because you have righteousness solely based on faith in Christ, and you then believe you can happily sin without conscience as much as you like, the law has not been put in your heart, therefore, you were never truly saved in the first place

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thanks, but I'm not in need of enlightenment on this verse - we're all well aware of what it means to "live by faith", however you are not. You don't understand that our battle against temptation is fought not with carnal weapons, but by our faith which is "the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12 KJV) He imparts to us.
You also are in need of instruction concerning "backsliding" - the Christian who backslides is rendered incapable of "pleasing" God, WHICH MEANS THAT CHRISTIAN HAS CEASED TO EXERCISE FAITH, WITHOUT WHICH PLEASING HIM IS IMPOSSBLE.

Everything related to actual Christianity, is by faith.
However, Salvation is Christ on the Cross. Jesus is Salvation, not faith.
Faith does not save you.....but rather God saves you through your faith. ONE TIME and its ETERNAL LIFE.....lasts forever.
Some have this idea that holding unto faith is holding unto Salvation, and in fact its God that holds unto the believer by Justifying them through faith.
The faith of the believer is accepted ONCE, and they are "made righteous", born agin, never to be repented of by God, as salvation is a "GIFT", and the gifts of God are "without repentance".
You can't stop being born again.
You can't stop being the 'body of Christ"
You can't stop being "the bride of Christ".
You can't stop being SAVED, as God does this, and not the person.

End Result? Eternal Security = The spirit is born again.
And a born again Spirit has become part of God's Spirit, as "One with God".
BEHAVIOR, has no role to play, as the born again are counted righteous, made righteous, and remain righteous, as proven by being born again.

"backsliding" is done within a carnal mind that isn't renewed, however the born again Spirit that is the redeemed, is not affected as its already become "in Christ", "Seated in Heavenly places", having becoming and always remaining "the righteousness of God in Christ".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You also are in need of instruction concerning "backsliding" - the Christian who backslides is rendered incapable of "pleasing" God,

What you have not realized about yourself yet, is that once you stopped trusting in Christ to keep you saved, if you ever did at all, your faith became subverted and "pleasing God" can't be accomplished when you have no faith in Christ to keep you saved.
As that means, you have faith in yourself to do it, = "fallen from Grace".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You've been taught - or rather seduced - by Jesuit lies, friend. There's no such thing as a pre-trib rapture.

There is a pre-trib rapture, according to the NT and according to Protestant Scholarship that is involved in mainline denominations.
Paul talked about "attaining to it".
The religious fringe groups of course teach 'No rapture" and "you can lose your salvation".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You've been taught - or rather seduced - by Jesuit lies, friend. There's no such thing as a pre-trib rapture.Your eschatological model - Jesuit F?

Jesuit's teach what you teach, Phonema777/
= That Salvation is only as good as your behavior..... it can be lost if you are not good enough or work hard enough to keep yourself saved.

Im not one of those, cultists.
I actually trust in Christ to keep me saved as that is the proof of real faith in Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When it comes to "sin", you fail to differentiate between the Just Man and the OSAS License to Sin Presumptuous Man.

Ive made the distinction clear as a bell, but the thing is, i can't comprehend it for you.
That's on you.

There is no sin, "in Christ" and all the born again are "In Christ".
See, you dont realize that the body is dead because of sin, and the mind is not born again, and has to be renewed.
If you understood that the Son of God is the born again spirit that is not the old man of sin that can be tempted, then you would be on your way to actually understanding "born again" as "the righteousness of God, IN Christ".
It could be a while.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As long as we understand that "all things are lawful" doesn't include worshiping Satan or murder - unfortunately, that's what many Christians actually believe: that "freedom in Christ" means "freedom from punishment if we break the Ten Commandments".
Yes, where it says "all things are lawful" and that "where no law is there is no transgression" I believe it's talking about the ordinances of the Law rather than moral things and righteousness. The ordinances were nailed to the cross and have been done away with, but righteousness certainly has not been. And I believe there is some leeway under grace....God's longsuffering and grace giving us room to learn and grow, as we walk according to our conscience according to what we have attained. Whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Reactions: Phoneman777

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesuit's teach what you teach, Phonema777/
= That Salvation is only as good as your behavior..... it can be lost if you are not good enough or work hard enough to keep yourself saved.

Im not one of those, cultists.
I actually trust in Christ to keep me saved as that is the proof of real faith in Christ.
I've said repeatedly salvation isn't obtained by good works or rejected/forfeited by bad works.

Works are merely the outward evidence which follows our inward choice to either accept/abide in the Vine or not. Isn't that what 1 John 2:3-4 KJV is telling you?

"Hereby we do know that we know Him IF we keep His commandments. He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments is a liar and the truth (Jesus) is not in him."

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I've said repeatedly salvation isn't obtained by good works or rejected/forfeited by bad works.
"

Yes you say that, but you are not being honest.
See, your entire theology is "here is how you keep from losing your Salvation.....dont become this, and dont become that, and be sure to keep doing THIS".

See that?
That is SELF Righteousness, that has no connection to God's Gift of Salvation that is given to the UNGODLY Sinner.

You dont seem able to realize, Phoneman777, that all the sins you have committed after you were saved, if that is the case, .... .God knew about them, before you did them.

Salvation is the Divine Exchange, whereby God takes your sin, and Christ takes care of them. And God gives to the BELIEVER, His very RIGHTEOUSNESS, that is not part time, or temporary, or based on you being good enough later to keep it.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't stop being born again.
You can't stop being the 'body of Christ"
You can't stop being "the bride of Christ".
You can't stop being SAVED, as God does this, and not the person.
"But I keep my body under and bring it into submission, lest after I have preached to others, I myself be found a castaway".
You presume to argue with Paul?

"For if they have escaped the pollutions of this world...and are again entangled therein..."
You presume to argue with Peter?

"And because iniquity shall abound, the "agape" of many shall wax cold, but he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved."
You presume to argue with Jesus?

"Then his lord...said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt...and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him."
You still arguing with Jesus?

"For it is impossible...If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame."
Are you back to arguing with Paul?