Alone, the Christian life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PicsArt_08-03-11.12.02-356x633.jpg

The true Christian life is often a very lonely one. The Bible, in both new and old testaments, are full of scripture on this subject. You, we had better draw as close to Him as we can for He's the best friend we'll ever have and times of pressing are coming in life that will cause us to seek His wonderful face and presence as a dying man after a drink of cool water. How do I know? Because life is like this. There are multitudes of lonely people, many many of them true Christian believers. It is a part of the firey trial that is to try us so think it not strange when it hits. Perhaps you've already experienced this. (1Peter 4:12-13) God will work qualities into you through this experience of loneliness. Jesus knew it very well. In all of my study of the master I find...

... he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Isaiah 53: 2-3

Jesus was not a back slapping, life of the party, everybody loves him, charasmatic personality contest winner. Far from it. Despised and rejected, I can identify with that can't you? Ever been rejected? Hurts doesn't it? The reason I continue to post is for the slight hope some hungry soul may receive some degree of encouragement. It's certainly not for the roar of the crowd or the big money.

When each of us gets the same treatment as He did then we're closer to walking as He walked. The one man or woman that is hungry for the spirit of the living God is all that keeps me going. Nothing else at all. Appearing a fool goes with the job. That so much adversity would come from confessed believers was the surprise. That's my fault, my ignorance for not plainly seeing it in the Scriptures. If you, being filled with His spirit press on to do His will, then you will experience the same things He did. What saith the word?

Mat 10:25 — Mat 10:26 (NKJV)
It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call those of his household! Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known.

John 16:32 KJVS
Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

Who did He have to confide in but the Father? No one. Certainly not the immature, squabbling disciples. The reason God knows us so well is that He lived in a house of flesh just like you and me. That's why we can draw near to Him without fear of rejection. Even so we still have to deal with being alone.

"Jesus wept" the word tells us. John 11:35. What it doesn't record is those times of weeping and pouring His heart out to the Heavenly Father. All those private hours of prayer. He was getting His batteries charged.

John 4:32 KJVS
But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.

Not long after I'd been saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit and given the gift of tongues (Acts 19th chapter) I was out praying one night and pouring my heart out to God with strong weeping. (Psalm 62:8)

After awhile I found myself slowly nodding my head up and down in a yes motion and also saying over and over "you felt these same things, you felt these same things" He told me in my spirit that He knew exactly what I was feeling. The loneliness, the separation from the world, the ache to draw nearer to God and crawl up into His lap and let Him rock me in His big rocking chair while I lay my head on His bosom. You may belong to a church and fill your life with all kinds of activities but they will not fill that vast hole in the middle of you that yearns for the spirit of God to come embrace you. Being alone in a crowd is true for Christians too.

The loneliness that grips us cannot be remedied by adding people. It is a yearning of our spirit man to draw closer to the creator from whom we came. That longing will remain until we are once again joined to Him in the place that He has prepared for us. Then we shall never ever be lonely again and so shall we be with the Lord forever.

If you are a dedicated disciple then when you're away from all of the activity and busyness of the days you will feel that hollow nameless ache. You yearn to draw near to Him in your loneliness. He really really knows how you feel. If you do not desire this "closer than a brother" fellowship with Jesus then just ask yourself "why not"? Is there more in the Bible than I've been able to see?

Remember the skinny cows? They were a picture of all those that are forever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Your times of loneliness are normal but the savior will comfort you as you sincerely seek His wonderful face. It's no joy being set apart, being alone. We must know that Jesus controls all of the details of our life, if He knows about every little sparrow that falls how much more is He aware of every detail of your life? In time you can come to have peace with your lonely circumstances even though it seems impossible.

The knowledge that Jesus will never leave me or forsake me is the wonderful knowledge that keeps me going forward, even though I may feel I'm going nowhere. It's not a popular teaching that Jesus was a man of sorrows and well acquainted with grief. But Jesus knew, knows every detail, every emotion, every heartache of your life and mine. We can take comfort knowing that the great creator of all, of you and of me, is taking care of us through everything.

Act 3:19 — Act 3:20 (NKJV)
Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before,

Alone. What saith the word? Jesus spent as much alone time with God the Father as He could.

Matthew 14:23 KJVS
And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.

Mark 6:47 KJVS
And when even was come, the ship was in the midst of the sea, and he alone on the land.

Luke 9:18 KJVS
And it came to pass, as he was alone praying, his disciples were with him: and he asked them, saying, Whom say the people that I am?

Luke 9:35-36 KJVS
And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. [36] And when the voice was past, Jesus was found alone. And they kept it close, and told no man in those days any of those things which they had seen.

John 8:29 KJVS
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

(if we always please Him then we will never be without Him!)

John 12:24 KJVS
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

God Himself had the writer of Genesis write;

Genesis 2:18 KJVS
And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

The truth is we always arrive at the very same conclusion. We each must throw ourselves entirely on Jesus and trust Him for every day of our lives.

To continue doing the very best we can while hoping and praying for something better. I trust that He hears us and in due time we will receive if we don't faint.

1 Peter 5:6-9 KJVS
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: [7] Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. [8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: [9] Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

May your heart be lifted in the love of God all who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Nothing can ever touch you that is beyond His experience. For all you need seek Him. He will not fail you.

Reactions: Josho and mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
View attachment 1054

The true Christian life is often a very lonely one. The Bible, in both new and old testaments, are full of scripture on this subject. You, we had better draw as close to Him as we can for He's the best friend we'll ever have and times of pressing are coming in life that will cause us to seek His wonderful face and presence as a dying man after a drink of cool water. How do I know? Because life is like this. There are multitudes of lonely people, many many of them true Christian believers. It is a part of the firey trial that is to try us so think it not strange when it hits. Perhaps you've already experienced this. (1Peter 4:12-13) God will work qualities into you through this experience of loneliness. Jesus knew it very well. In all of my study of the master I find...

... he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Isaiah 53: 2-3

Jesus was not a back slapping, life of the party, everybody loves him, charasmatic personality contest winner. Far from it. Despised and rejected, I can identify with that can't you? Ever been rejected? Hurts doesn't it? The reason I continue to post is for the slight hope some hungry soul may receive some degree of encouragement. It's certainly not for the roar of the crowd or the big money.

When each of us gets the same treatment as He did then we're closer to walking as He walked. The one man or woman that is hungry for the spirit of the living God is all that keeps me going. Nothing else at all. Appearing a fool goes with the job. That so much adversity would come from confessed believers was the surprise. That's my fault, my ignorance for not plainly seeing it in the Scriptures. If you, being filled with His spirit press on to do His will, then you will experience the same things He did. What saith the word?

It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call those of his household! Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known.

Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

Who did He have to confide in but the Father? No one. Certainly not the immature, squabbling disciples. The reason God knows us so well is that He lived in a house of flesh just like you and me. That's why we can draw near to Him without fear of rejection. Even so we still have to deal with being alone.

"Jesus wept" the word tells us. John 11:35. What it doesn't record is those times of weeping and pouring His heart out to the Heavenly Father. All those private hours of prayer. He was getting His batteries charged.

Not long after I'd been saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit and given the gift of tongues (Acts 19th chapter) I was out praying one night and pouring my heart out to God with strong weeping. (Psalm 62:8)

After awhile I found myself slowly nodding my head up and down in a yes motion and also saying over and over "you felt these same things, you felt these same things" He told me in my spirit that He knew exactly what I was feeling. The loneliness, the separation from the world, the ache to draw nearer to God and crawl up into His lap and let Him rock me in His big rocking chair while I lay my head on His bosom. You may belong to a church and fill your life with all kinds of activities but they will not fill that vast hole in the middle of you that yearns for the spirit of God to come embrace you. Being alone in a crowd is true for Christians too.

The loneliness that grips us cannot be remedied by adding people. It is a yearning of our spirit man to draw closer to the creator from whom we came. That longing will remain until we are once again joined to Him in the place that He has prepared for us. Then we shall never ever be lonely again and so shall we be with the Lord forever.

If you are a dedicated disciple then when you're away from all of the activity and busyness of the days you will feel that hollow nameless ache. You yearn to draw near to Him in your loneliness. He really really knows how you feel. If you do not desire this "closer than a brother" fellowship with Jesus then just ask yourself "why not"? Is there more in the Bible than I've been able to see?

Remember the skinny cows? They were a picture of all those that are forever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Your times of loneliness are normal but the savior will comfort you as you sincerely seek His wonderful face. It's no joy being set apart, being alone. We must know that Jesus controls all of the details of our life, if He knows about every little sparrow that falls how much more is He aware of every detail of your life? In time you can come to have peace with your lonely circumstances even though it seems impossible.

The knowledge that Jesus will never leave me or forsake me is the wonderful knowledge that keeps me going forward, even though I may feel I'm going nowhere. It's not a popular teaching that Jesus was a man of sorrows and well acquainted with grief. But Jesus knew, knows every detail, every emotion, every heartache of your life and mine. We can take comfort knowing that the great creator of all, of you and of me, is taking care of us through everything.

Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before,

Alone. What saith the word? Jesus spent as much alone time with God the Father as He could.

And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.

And when even was come, the ship was in the midst of the sea, and he alone on the land.

And it came to pass, as he was alone praying, his disciples were with him: and he asked them, saying, Whom say the people that I am?

And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. [36] And when the voice was past, Jesus was found alone. And they kept it close, and told no man in those days any of those things which they had seen.

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

The truth is we always arrive at the very same conclusion. We each must throw ourselves entirely on Jesus and trust Him for every day of our lives.

To continue doing the very best we can while hoping and praying for something better. I trust that He hears us and in due time we will receive if we don't faint.

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: [7] Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. [8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: [9] Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

May your heart be lifted in the love of God all who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Nothing can ever touch you that is beyond His experience. For all you need seek Him. He will not fail you.

Moses 40 years in the desert, the Israelites 40 years in the desert, Jesus after receiving the Holy Spirit, 40 days in the desert, part of growing in Him and dying to self.

Best post I have read for a while.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
View attachment 1054

Thanks for the encouraging post.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PicsArt_07-02-12.09.13-306x544.jpg For whatever His reasons God set my wife and I alone. Even when were younger and in church every time the doors opened. We still were on our own. Living in a rural wooded place in the country neighbors are scarce and Christian neighbors scarcer. I was alone when Jesus saved me outside of any church walls and alone when just a few weeks later baptized me in His Holy Spirit. Not understanding what any of the things that happened to me were before reading them in the Bible. No denomination had ever instilled fear in me by teaching me all the things God didn't do any more.

When He foretold us of our son's birth after 14 childless years we didn't realize the burden of miracles. When the Lord blesses you with a miracle you become a bigger target for our adversary whose name shall not be mentioned.

If we hold onto Jesus with all our might, which we must then He will strengthen us in the solitude and separation which will most surely come. It's not by running to others at every turn that we receive His strength. It's by exercising our battle strength while clothed in the whole armor of God. By standing against the enemy by the blood of Jesus, by the cross of Jesus, by the word of God, by the power and anointing of the Holy Spirit. By exercising our faith praying with all supplication in the spirit, in the prayer language gifted to our care.

Forty years ago this fall He came for me and has brought us through every one of the many storms arising against us. Sickness, hardship, lack, death of children, failures of churches. Through it all as the old hymn, I've learned to trust in Jesus. He is all sufficient for every need. Trust Him friends, He'll not fail You.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
f we hold onto Jesus with all our might, which we must then He will strengthen us in the solitude and separation which will most surely come. It's not by running to others at every turn that we receive His strength. It's by exercising our battle strength while clothed in the whole armor of God. By standing against the enemy by the blood of Jesus, by the cross of Jesus, by the word of God, by the power and anointing of the Holy Spirit. By exercising our faith praying with all supplication in the spirit, in the prayer language gifted to our care.
Hello Frank.........Love your testimony.....What a wondrous Lord we are part of ! You sure are right about becoming a target too..........Thank you for sharing, as many still refuse to believe in the Power of His Resurrection.....Have a blessed day in Him Pia :)

Reactions: Helen