Altars of Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
Romans: [sup]3[/sup] Because of the privilege and authority[sup][a][/sup] God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.[sup][b]

In our lives of worship to God, God has given us a way to establish our progress in our walk of obedience with God.

James 1:3-4

[/sup][sup]3[/sup] For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. [sup]4[/sup] So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

Back in the day (the OT), the Israelites used to set up altars whenever God did something great or worth remembering for their nation. Too many times I think we set up altars of remembrance of our failures. We look back and we see how far we walked from the last time we failed God.

Let's instead build up altars of God's faithfulness in our lives. Stop counting the days since you last blew it, but remember and hold on to God's faithfulness, and if you can't remember the last time God was faithful in your life, build that altar today.

Worship God for who he is in your life despite all the pain, suffering, and trials. When your faith is tested, God's faithfulness is tested in your life, so commune with God, and remember God's track record.

We don't have to rely on our own past results but we have the record of God's faithfulness throughout all history. His promise came through undeserving Israel. It wasn't about their good works, or their righteousness, but God was faithful, and as God chose Israel for a purpose.

He also chose you for a purpose. God's plans are good and His promises are true. Trust God today for His goodness and build an altar to remember God, no matter what trials you experience today; let it build upon your faith; upon God's faithfulness in your life.

Clarity

Mar 30, 2011
Australia
I really appreciated this post.
I would be one of those who sometimes gets down over failures.
It's a question of having the right focus though isn't it?
Don't focus on what you can't do, focus on what God has done and will do in the future.
There is that quote in Philippians about 'forgetting the things which are behind and pressing on towards the mark...'

Thanks again.