Alternate Reality- a different point of view

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God let Moses and the whole nation wander around the wilderness, lost and confused for forty years to travel what could be crossed in an 11 day journey. Stephen says-- they carried around the tabernacle of Molech and the star of Repham--- things they made themselves.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a very important testimony that Stephen gives, and most people read it with little or no thought-

Stephen makes the point about Moses and those forty years-- how many Christians completely miss it?

‘It was not to me that you offered slain animals and sacrifices forty years in the wilderness, was it, house of Israel? But you took along the tabernacle of Moloch and the star of the god Rephan, the images you made to worship, but I will deport you beyond Babylon.’
Beyond Babylon indeed, they were still sitting in the seat of Moses when the light and truth came into the world.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard it said that it was a literal curtain that was torn in half in a stone temple upon his crucifixion. I’ve recently come to see it wasn’t this wool curtain. It was the flesh of Jesus that was between them and reconciliation. When this veil was torn/rent all had an ability to enter, yet they continued their apostate religious practices.

Hebrews 10:20 KJV
[20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

All of the current alleged Judaism and most of the Christian practices till this day I believe to be only an eminence front
It’s a put on,,,,, it’s a put on

Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They forget they’re hiding!
Come and join the party
Dress to kill
Won't you come and join the party
Dress to kill, dress to kill
Drinks flow
People forget
That big wheel spins, the hair thins
People forget
Forget they're hiding
The news slows
People forget
Their shares crash, hopes are dashed
People forget
Forget they're hiding

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the tent was a literal tent in this case, and God could and most probably represented himself as a pillow of low hanging clounds atop the mountain.

Yes, the tent that Moses had made was a literal tent. --

If I told you that I go into my closet and talk to God, would you think that God dwells in my closet?

How about if I told you that in my closet He talks to me face to face? What about the person who talks to God in their bed, while they are sleeping? Could that be considered 'in the clouds' or 'on the mountain top' -- if that is how they perceive Him in dreams? -in spirit?

EVERYTHING Moses made was an abomination to God, who specifically instructed him NOT to make a copy of anything seen in spirit. That's scripture. And after him, David-- he was told- "You will not be the one to build my house."

But God said unto me, Thou shalt not build a house for my name, because thou hast been a man of war, and hast shed blood. Howbeit the LORD God of Israel chose me before all the house of my father to be king over Israel forever: for he hath chosen Judah to be the ruler; and of the house of Judah, the house of my father; and among the sons of my father he liked me to make me king over all Israel: And of all my sons, (for the LORD hath given me many sons,) he hath chosen Solomon my son to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel. And he said unto me, Solomon thy son, he shall build my house and my courts: for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father.

There is more to the story. Just like that tent of meeting, there are two kinds-- one a physical place, one a spiritual reality that is greater and different than a literal, physical image. -The spiritual things can't be copied. Shouldn't be copied-- because any replica, no matter how exact is not the representation of that spiritual reality. A tent seen in spirit is NOT a physical tent. You can make a physical tent, but that isn't where God meets you. YOU are the tent He comes into to speak with you.

So too, the temple. The house that David planned and Solomon built are NOT the house of God that they supposed it to be. As grand as Solomon's temple was-- it was just that... Solomon's temple. It was not the house of God. Did God really choose Solomon to build Him a house? No. David chose Solomon to succeed him as King and that was the dynastic house of David.

Reactions: APAK

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the tent that Moses had made was a literal tent. --

If I told you that I go into my closet and talk to God, would you think that God dwells in my closet?

How about if I told you that in my closet He talks to me face to face? What about the person who talks to God in their bed, while they are sleeping? Could that be considered 'in the clouds' or 'on the mountain top' -- if that is how they perceive Him in dreams? -in spirit?

EVERYTHING Moses made was an abomination to God, who specifically instructed him NOT to make a copy of anything seen in spirit. That's scripture. And after him, David-- he was told- "You will not be the one to build my house."

But God said unto me, Thou shalt not build a house for my name, because thou hast been a man of war, and hast shed blood. Howbeit the LORD God of Israel chose me before all the house of my father to be king over Israel forever: for he hath chosen Judah to be the ruler; and of the house of Judah, the house of my father; and among the sons of my father he liked me to make me king over all Israel: And of all my sons, (for the LORD hath given me many sons,) he hath chosen Solomon my son to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel. And he said unto me, Solomon thy son, he shall build my house and my courts: for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father.

There is more to the story. Just like that tent of meeting, there are two kinds-- one a physical place, one a spiritual reality that is greater and different than a literal, physical image. -The spiritual things can't be copied. Shouldn't be copied-- because any replica, no matter how exact is not the representation of that spiritual reality. A tent seen in spirit is NOT a physical tent. You can make a physical tent, but that isn't where God meets you. YOU are the tent He comes into to speak with you.

So too, the temple. The house that David planned and Solomon built are NOT the house of God that they supposed it to be. As grand as Solomon's temple was-- it was just that... Solomon's temple. It was not the house of God. Did God really choose Solomon to build Him a house? No. David chose Solomon to succeed him as King and that was the dynastic house of David.
I believe the whole thing was nothing more than a geographical conquest, and it continues till this day, just as the Spaniards Catholic in Meso America, us in North America, the crusaders.

All in the name of god?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello from the other side….
I seem to remember you criticizing my OPs for not having a clearly stated thesis.
Then I see your topic title. - LOL

Alternate Reality- a different point of view​

Hmm... alternates alternate. (go back and forth between two, or more options)
Old cars with spark plugs use an alternator to distribute power to the plugs in a circular repeating sequence.
Perhaps you meant alternative? As in an optional choice. Like this...

Alternative Reality- a different point of view​

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seem to remember you criticizing my OPs for not having a clearly stated thesis.
Then I see your topic title. - LOL

Alternate Reality- a different point of view​

Hmm... alternates alternate. (go back and forth between two, or more options)
Old cars with spark plugs use an alternator to distribute power to the plugs in a circular repeating sequence.
Perhaps you meant alternative? As in an optional choice. Like this...

Alternative Reality- a different point of view​

I guess my critique must have been a momentous occasion for you, even if not memorable for me. I don't recall. --But it seems to have made an impact on, and stuck with you. You'll get over it. As for me, I don't hold grudges, your feelings are your own.

Let me help you, since you seem stuck. Let me offer you an alternate idea>>> It's synonomous but different.

NORTH AMERICAN
taking the place of; alternative.
"the rerouted traffic takes a variety of alternate routes"

But I'm glad you got that off your chest. Here we have a thread presenting unorthodox ideas, alternative, or alternate, or even contrarian ideas in the Unorthodox section of the Forum. Around here we call that on topic. On point.

Next.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NORTH AMERICAN
taking the place of; alternative.
"the rerouted traffic takes a variety of alternate routes"
I suppose you would also approve of a parking ramp sign that reads; DRIVE SLOW
(instead of drive slowly)

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose you would also approve of a parking ramp sign that reads; DRIVE SLOW
(instead of drive slowly)

Maybe if instead of all-ter-n8, if you pronounced it all-ter-net.... that might help with your mental block.

Otherwise.... meds.

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen