Am I the only one on the planet who understands Romans 7?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no
that is not what it says.
It says he was in the Spirit FIRST.(on a certain day of the week)
...and while in the Spirit, He turned and saw Jesus.
So you need to re read what it really says.
It was never called the Lord's Day--first of the week.Jesus said He was Lord of the Sabbath.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed you qualified your response. I asked you whether you lust, not whether you lust when you are following the Spirit. I maintain that you lust just like everyone else.
I been saying the same thing to everyone for a long time on here. I don't lust when I'm in Christ and I'm in him kinda from morning, noon, and night.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I the only one on the planet who understands Romans 7?

Possibly few do not FIRST know…Paul’s
TASK given him by the Lord, that which Paul accepted.

Acts 9:
(Ananas is told to leave. The Lord has chosen Paul. Paul has accepted his task…(Acts 9:6)
Acts 9:16 reveals the tasK the Lord gives to Paul.)

Acts 9:
[15] But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

WHEN Paul is speaking, TO whom Paul is speaking MAY BE A MIX of the “children of Israel, Gentiles and kings.

It is the individual IN THE Crowd, WHO KNOW, what applies to THEM…
IF they are, a Gentile, a king or one of the children of Israel.

A Gentile, SHOULD be ABLE to discern what does and does NOT APPLY to them….
HOWEVER….
Many do Not!

And ODDLY, there has been, and continues on multiple occasions, for another to pipe up and say in an aTEMPT, to disparage the other…..by charging in a negative connotation that they “are CHERRY-PICKING”. <—-> that is a rouse,

Absolutely…one MUST Discern (regardless of TEMPTERS acting on behalf of the Devil, to provoke one to NOT Discern Scriptures for what DOES and DOES NOT apply to them.)

Gentiles are Not the children of Israel, and the children of Israel are Not Gentiles.

They EACH have a 6,000+ Year History.
They EACH for the PAST 2,000+ years have been OFFERED a WAY, to put away their DIVISION and BECOME “MADE” ….
BY the Power of God;
The SAME….(no longer called; Gentiles or children of Israel….) but rather;
… “sons of God”… and THEY….’brethren’.

And NO doubt…the Division continues…and that process continues….and Ignorance continues….and daily, the ignorance is the world’s top promoted agenda, blasted, waxing 24-7.

Glory to God,
Taken

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I been saying the same thing to everyone for a long time on here. I don't lust when I'm in Christ and I'm in him kinda from morning, noon, and night.
Since you are unable to admit your condition, I worry about you.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you are unable to admit your condition, I worry about you.
What condition? That I'm the righteousness of God in him.

2 Corinthians 5:21
...that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You lost me. Was the last statement that you made saying we are all sinners both Jew and Gentile. To which I applied that I was neither.
Paul is distinguishing between the man and his actions. A man may submit his members to righteousness via the Holy Spirit; but this doesn't change the fact that he continues to have lust in his heart. You have lust in your heart just as I do.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is distinguishing between the man and his actions. A man may submit his members to righteousness via the Holy Spirit; but this doesn't change the fact that he continues to have lust in his heart. You have lust in your heart just as I do.
The reason I cannot lust in the flesh when following after the spirit is because it's impossible to do so since the spirit of Christ does not lust after the flesh. The difference between us is I walk in the spirit and you probably walk in your flesh if you're having lust. Victory in the Christian life is as simple as renewing our minds to who we are and what we have already received in Christ. It’s not the struggle of two natures inside of us. We will continue to struggle with sin if we see ourselves as old sinners saved by grace. And so it's also true we will manifest the change that took place in our new nature when we understand we are not old sinners saved by grace. Thus, we act like being part of the senses world when we see ourselves as being part of the senses world. We act like being part of the Christian world when we see ourselves as being part of Christ—i.e., in our born-again spirits.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason I cannot lust in the flesh when following after the spirit is because it's impossible to do so since the spirit of Christ does not lust after the flesh. The difference between us is I walk in the spirit and you probably walk in your flesh if you're having lust. Victory in the Christian life is as simple as renewing our minds to who we are and what we have already received in Christ. It’s not the struggle of two natures inside of us. We will continue to struggle with sin if we see ourselves as old sinners saved by grace. And so it's also true we will manifest the change that took place in our new nature when we understand we are not old sinners saved by grace. Thus, we act like being part of the senses world when we see ourselves as being part of the senses world. We act like being part of the Christian world when we see ourselves as being part of Christ—i.e., in our born-again spirits.
Wake up before it is too late.

1John 1: 8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wake up before it is too late.

1John 1: 8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.
To whom is it addressed seems to be a huge problem for you. You are always reading what is written to other people and thinking it is written to you. A belief system called Gnosticism was taking root in Christianity at the time the book of John was being written that taught there was a supreme and unknowable Being, which they designated as the "Monad." The Monad produced various gods, who in turn produced other gods, and one of these gods called the "Demiurge" created the earth and then ruled over it as an angry, evil and jealous god. Gnostics believe this evil god was the god of the Old Testament who is called "Elohim" and so the Monad had to send another god known as the "Christ" to bring special knowledge to mankind and free them from the influence of the evil Elohim. And this is why the gnostics do not seek salvation from repenting of their sin (but rather from the ignorance of which sin is a consequence) that they believe the evil creator God and his angels caused. They emphasize salvation of select humans from bodily existence through their awakening to the knowledge of their original divine identity. I believe the Apostle John had them on his mind when he wrote the Epistle of 1 John saying you must realize you have sin and repent. John was not talking to the already saved Christian as the Catholics would like you to believe.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason I cannot lust in the flesh when following after the spirit is because it's impossible to do so since the spirit of Christ does not lust after the flesh.
According to Paul, if you have the body you were born with, you have lust. Simple as that.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To whom is it addressed seems to be a huge problem for you.
What makes you say that? Did I say it was a problem for me. No. It's a problem for you, which is why you base your argument on it.

You are always reading what is written to other people and thinking it is written to you.
Again, this is not my problem. You are projecting your views onto me..
A belief system called Gnosticism was taking root in Christianity at the time the book of John was being written that taught there was a supreme and unknowable Being, which they designated as the "Monad."
This is incorrect. Gnosticism, which came into being two hundred years after the apostles was not a problem for the apostles.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you say that? Did I say it was a problem for me. No. It's a problem for you, which is why you base your argument on it.

Again, this is not my problem. You are projecting your views onto me..

This is incorrect. Gnosticism, which came into being two hundred years after the apostles was not a problem for the apostles.
Everyone agrees that Gnosticism must have originated well before the year 180 AD. That’s because Bishop Irenaeus of Lyons, a fierce opponent of the Gnostics, describes them as flourishing throughout the Roman Empire in a book written right around that time. Without any television or Internet and still have a group all over the large Roman Empire at that time would mean they got started or their views long before 180 AD. It does not matter if it was them or who later became them. John was not telling Christians to confess their sin to get right with God. You are already right with God.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone agrees that Gnosticism must have originated well before the year 180 AD. That’s because Bishop Irenaeus of Lyons, a fierce opponent of the Gnostics, describes them as flourishing throughout the Roman Empire in a book written right around that time. Without any television or Internet and still have a group all over the large Roman Empire at that time would mean they got started or their views long before 180 AD. It does not matter if it was them or who later became them. John was not telling Christians to confess their sin to get right with God. You are already right with God.
Does John say that if you are unwilling to confess your sin you are not in fellowship with the Father? Yes, he did. Are you unwilling to confess your sin?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does John say that if you are unwilling to confess your sin you are not in fellowship with the Father? Yes, he did. Are you unwilling to confess your sin?
I see this 1 John chapter 1 and 2 as we are either walking in our old dead nature if we are into sin. Or we are walking in the spirit if we are not into sin.

Chapter 1
6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"

6. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

7. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

8. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

9. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

10. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

Chapter 2
1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

1. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

2. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

3 "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments."

3. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

4 "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

4. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

5 "But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."

5. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

6 "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

6. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see this 1 John chapter 1 and 2 as we are either walking in our old dead nature if we are into sin. Or we are walking in the spirit if we are not into sin.

Chapter 1
6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"

6. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
7. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
8. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
9. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."
10. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

Chapter 2
1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

1. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."
2. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

3 "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments."
3. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

4 "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."
4. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

5 "But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."
5. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

6 "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."
6. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.
You are inserting ideas that John didn't wish to express. Walking in the Spirit is in Romans and you have superimposed Paul's ideas onto John, without justification. John tells his readers that if they don't admit they have sinned, they don't have fellowship with God. John's purpose is NOT to describe how a person can become a non-sinner. John is dealing with the Pharisees who taught, just like you, that they have no sin.

This verse is a direct challenge to your view. Why do you insert your views into John's text?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are inserting ideas that John didn't wish to express. Walking in the Spirit is in Romans and you have superimposed Paul's ideas onto John, without justification. John tells his readers that if they don't admit they have sinned, they don't have fellowship with God. John's purpose is NOT to describe how a person can become a non-sinner. John is dealing with the Pharisees who taught, just like you, that they have no sin.

This verse is a direct challenge to your view. Why do you insert your views into John's text?
He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

The Greek word menō translated "abide" often deals with being in him, which I'm very concerned about when it comes to walking in Christ, which I believe is the same as walking in the spirit. To be in him or to abide in him deals with remaining or continuing to be present. To dwell, live, and be within him to the end that we are operative in him by his divine influence and energy. My first red flag that started me looking into how to do this was when I realized it's the Catholics that teach we are sinners. They teach us to look at ourselves and our sin. I teach that we should look at Christ and to walk in his spirit.