America Was Not Founded Upon Godly Principles.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

preciousmessage

Oct 28, 2007
(tim_from_pa;24712)
I sense that since I believe that the US came from Israel that you think that I am advocating the Old Covenant and back to the Law as opposed to the New Covenant and the Life in Christ. You severely misunderstand me. The Old Israel was lost to history so that these same people could become Gentiles and become recovenanted in Christ for the New Covenant! Hence, God used the seed of Abraham as He promised him in Genesis instead of non-Israelite Gentiles the way the church teaches!! There is a whole theology, thought and purpose behind the lost tribes teaching. There's more to it than "Usa is Manasseh" or whatever. Basically, people who do not understand it, as I sense you are, has to restudy their bible just like the first time they read it as a baby Christian and learn all over again and discard the junk that they've been taught. Most of the church is in reality worldly.
I gave you the word of God, you give me "quips, thrusts" and opinions." Let's reveal a Christian gentlemanly spirit please, if you wish. God speaks of lovingkindness, mercy, and tenderheartedness. Let's be men of honor, not bullies of subtle, personal sarcasm. I forgive you. I'll share what I believe to be truth, you share what you believe truth, and if you simply don't think I know anything, then "win" me over with truth, line upon line. Jacob received a new name, who fought the good fight of faith, his name being changed to "Israel." Repentance and faith are the only means of deliverance and of the inheritance. Jacob did not possess the new name by nature, so nobody else can. The true Israelite is who pleases God; but "without faith it is impossible to please Him." No gentile will inherit anything. Abraham was a gentile (a heathen) who became a Jew (an Israelite) for he "praised the Lord." "They are not all Israel, which are of Israel;" "but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." Romans 9:6, 8). And all the promises of God are yes in Christ. Are we holding fast to the promises of God? Only Israelites will share the kingdom with Him; for Israelites are overcomers, and the promise is, "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in My throne .." Revelation3:21. For God is the "Israel of God." The Life of Christ is everlasting, no one was ever saved by lawkeeping in the Old Testament. Abraham, Moses, David were saved by grace through faith in the Life of Christ. The Old Covenant never saved anyone, it was valueless from the beginning. The blood of animals can never take away sin. Hebrews 8, 9, 10. Jake

Daquine

Oct 9, 2007
Perhaps that may be the case, but that doesn't mean God wouldn't want you to be free and to be happy and to have rights.Better to be free to worship in a free country than in a country where they'd shoot you and kill you as soon as look at you because you weren't worshiping some other God or deity.

jkdjr25

Nov 5, 2007
Both types of nations are important. The free nation creates people willing to spread that freedom to others, because we know how important it is. The repressive nation builds Christians without compromise, with the spine and dedication to look evil in the eye with an unflinching heart. Both are necessitative to the spreading of God's word.

blessed1195

Nov 9, 2007
I can pray to GOD in the name of Jesus anytime and anywhere but that won't change the truth. Our founding Fathers did in fact use the Bible to help create the founding documents and the laws of our land. Here is a perfect example taken out of the KJV Bible. " Duet 17:15 is where they got the law that the President had to be a natural born citizen to be our ruler. Ezra 7:24 Where they got the law that the church is a tax exempt organization. Then in 1959 some liberal politician added to the law "that these organizations, now called 501 C3's under IRS regulations, can not talk ,under penalty of losing their tax exempt status. There are endless examples but you have got to do alittle work for yourself. David Barton of Wallbuilders.com has published sermons dated in the 1700-1800's that demonstrate that the pastor's sermons discussed current issues as relating to GOD's word. Examples that I saw were: sermons on Executions of murderers according to GOD's law and various elections: who was the best candidate that would follow GOD's law.One of the reasons The United States of America was founded so that we could have freedom of religion where the government doesn't tell us what or how to worship as the Church of England had done. Also the folks wanted to have their own democracy, where the majority rules, founded on Judeo- Christian principles by the people and for the people. We are historically a Christian nation under GOD. Other people have the right to come and worship whatever heathen religion they want but America will stay a nation under GOD based on biblical principles. They can not change our history even though liberals are constantly trying to revise it! We just have to be smarter than the serpent and keep educating ourselves in the truth of GOD's word and the truth about our history, not the revised liberal american history taught in our government run public schools.

blessed1195

Nov 9, 2007
(preciousmessage;24724)
No gentile will inherit anything. Abraham was a gentile (a heathen) who became a Jew (an Israelite) for he "praised the Lord." "They are not all Israel, which are of Israel;" "but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." Romans 9:6, 8). And all the promises of God are yes in Christ. Are we holding fast to the promises of God? Only Israelites will share the kingdom with Him; for Israelites are overcomers, and the promise is, "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in My throne .." Revelation3:21. For God is the "Israel of God." The Life of Christ is everlasting, no one was ever saved by lawkeeping in the Old Testament. Abraham, Moses, David were saved by grace through faith in the Life of Christ. The Old Covenant never saved anyone, it was valueless from the beginning. The blood of animals can never take away sin. Hebrews 8, 9, 10. Jake
Please keep studying! Have you ever read 1Peter4:17 where we are told judgement begins at the household of GOD? When I read your response, I prayed for you. Please keep seeking the truth before you mislead anyone and are held in judgement for it.The Old testament is our schoolmaster. Yes, Jesus is our savior and through forgiveness and repentance we can have a clean slate in the book of life and obtain eternal life, but how do you know how to be righteous and not sin, if you do not know the law, statutes, and ordinances given to us in the OT? When Jesus came in Matt 5: 17 )he said" Think not that I am come to destroy the law , or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18)" Verily, I say unto you Till heaven and earth pass,one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled"What this means, is that Jesus came to fulfill the Messianic prophesies in the OT ( Examples: Gen 3:15,Isaiah 7, Psalms22, and many more) and not one sound of the letter of the OT law is changed by him( jots and tittle are marks over the Hebrew letters that change the sound of the letter). Of course, blood ordinances were eliminated as we are told by Paul in Col.2:14" Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross"Also in 1 John 3:4" Whosoever comitteth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." Once again, how do you know if you sin, if you do not know the law, statutes and ordinances from the Old Testament. In Rev 19;8 the wife of Christ's clothes "will be of fine linen, clean and white;for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints." So how can you ever be righteous, if you do not know what is right according to GOD?Now you made the false statement that Abraham was a gentile and a heathen. Not in my KJV. I recommend you have a Stong's KJV concordance with Hebrew/Chaldee and Greek dictionaries and a Green's Interlinear Bible. This is an inexpensive way to own a copy of the manuscripts used for the KJV. Abram was from the Adamic race, a descendant of Adam through Noah and Shem his father,Noah and Shem, Abram's father and grandfather were 2 of the 8 Adamic souls that were saved in the flood of Genesis 7. Gen 7:1 they had a pure pedigree, meaning they had not mixed with the fallen angels of Gen 6., so they along with two of every flesh would be saved by GOD. Bottom line is that You must study Genesis with understanding. You will see in Chapter 12:1, GOD is talking to Abram, In Gen 17 GOD changed his name to Abraham, the father of many nations, and made a covenant with him. The 12 tribes of Israel began with the 12 sons of Jacob. From Adam to Noah to Abraham, Isaac then Jacob, whose name was changed to Israel in Gen 32:28. Those we know as Jews today are primarily from the tribe of Judah, so that leaves many more tribes of Israel. That was what I believe Tim fromPA was trying to explain to you. The word Gentile # 1484 in the Greek dictionary is "ethnos" which are described as foreign races, non Jewish. Also called heathen,nation and peoples in the Bible. These are the ethnic races of today. # 1471 in Hebrew/chaldee Dictionary describes heathen. The word in hebrew is goy meaning a foreign nation;hence a Gentile, a troop of animals or a flight of locusts, also used interchangeably with Gentile, nations and peoples.Once again,I think "tim from PA" was trying to teach you about the lost tribes of Israel and you seem to reject it because it is not quoted from the Bible. As you become a deeper student you might want to look into history books like Antiquities of Josephus to help you better understand events as they actually happened. History means " His Story". The Bible is a story of a family ( made up of believers and unbelievers) and their encounters with others throughout the ages and from umbilical cord to umbilical cord from Eve to Christ and from Christ to the manymembered body, whether born of the 12 tribes or adopted. The adoption was opened up to all in the NT. In Acts 9:15"And the LORD said unto him,"Go thy way; for he is a chosen vessel to bear my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. Paul was given this order by Christ to teach to these 3 groups/on 3 levels so that John 3: 15/16 could be fulfilled. 15) "That whosoever believeth in him (Jesus)should not perish, but have eternal life". This applies to all races today. Not just Israelites as you stated. Also,The overcomers of Rev 3 that you quoted are GOD's elect and not just Israelites as you stated. This is another teaching for another day. But you might want to study Matt 24, Mark 13,Luke 21, 2 Thess 2. for yourself.I hope I am not overloading your donkey but I am led to reveal some more interesting facts. Abraham lived in UR of the chaldee nation( in IRAQ of today) but he was not one of Babylonians, he was of the Adamic race. Now what is the Adamic race?Let's start with the word adam # 119 in the Hebrew dictionary. In the manuscripts, when GOD made Adam on the eighth day, you will see him called ETH HA ADAM or "the man adam". 119 describes this adam as to show blood in the face, flush or turn rosy or ruddy (complected). GOD's husbandman or the one he created to tend the garden was the start of the ADAMIC Race that is the caucasian race that exists still today. E Raymond Capt's booklet" The Abrahamic Covenant" will show you historical and biblical accounts of the migrations of the 12 tribes. This booklet will give you the biblical verses you need to help understand the migration of the tribes. It's up to you to do the work.Jake,you have to decide if you want the truth.Most pastors today won't teach truth if it is controversial to their churches teachings, since they could lose their pensions.Most pastors won't teach you how to go back to the original manuscripts Even though the translators of the KJV, 1611 Authorized version, wrote a preface apologizing for mistakes made in the translations.You have to decide to trust in GOD or to trust in man( and Satan and the ways of the world). Please read Jeremiah 17:5-8 to help you make that decision. GOD or Satan,Blessings or cursings- your choice!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Shelli
n2,Try to follow this.Even of all of the lineage of Israel does exist today, as you say, what does that have to do with the supposed "Godly" founding of America? The two things are not related outside of your imagination. Did any of the founding fathers speak of this "10 Jewish tribes in America" business? No, they did not.If God provided Prophesy in Deut. 32:26 saying He would "make the remembrance of them [the 12 tribes] to cease," how can you reliably talk of them today?When speaking of God, and when attempting to represent His Kingdom, it is best to avoid flakey ideas.
The point was to show why we are so blessed,and trust me it's not my imagination,and nowhere did I say the tribe was Jewish.Deuteronomy 32:26 "I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men:"Where are the ten tribes of the old "House of Israel" today? Very few Christians today know, or have any idea where they went, and what became of them. Jesus' command to His apostles in Matthew 10:6; "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel". To most Christians in the world today, Jesus is sending them to the Jews. These poor "lost sheep of Israel" don't even know who they are. How in the world are they going to understand Bible teaching, doctrine, and prophecy, when they are ignorant of their own heritage. Is it any wonder God is angry with our people. There is a reason that God still blesses His people, and that is because God keeps His promises to father Abraham.If you can't see it,put it on the shelf,I think I have given more than enough proof,it's so ovious,to me anyway.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;23952)
precious message GOD BLESS YOU! I'm happy more Christians are more Up to Heaven, you know how people use that term You're a down to earth guy. Well I have a new term, or a less commonly used term, More up to Heaven. You know the Truth brother and I love it and it brings joy to my heart and my spirit and soul to know brothers think alike with Me! It's a wonderful sight to see brothers in our Lord Y'shua HaMashiach know the Truth, live against the grain(the World) and stay with his Word. God Bless HaShem Y'shua HaMashiach(In the Name of Jesus Christ)
Are you able to speak to the topic of this forum, or do you just babble about what you think are more superior perspectives because you feel "spiritual?"

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(tim_from_pa;23966)
Just for the record, what I believe is not in the mass of Christianity since most have no clue what I am talking about (as evidenced), nor is it worldly. I am looking forward more than many of the coming of our Lord to set up His Kingdom here on Earth.However, I'm telling you all, that the people of the United States, Great Britain and other Christian countries especially in NW Europe had their physical roots in Israel. God used all of us to spread His message--- the founding of the United States was under divine guidance and prophecy as without it Christianity would not have the impact it does today with just individuals being saved in all heathen nations. I am just as frustrated as the rest of you regarding the worldly system and how things are corrupted, but that has to do with human nature.Tell me, if all nations are worldly (as if it matters not to God whether they exist or not) then does Israel in the Middle east have a right to exist? Are they worldly, too, and if so, can God change that?
How was the founding of the United Stated under divine guidance?

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(tim_from_pa;23967)
Well Shelli, if what you said had an ounce of truth in it, I would believe it since I believe in truth. It has nothing to do about feeling good. Obviously you have no clue of the divine intervention that brought about America and as it now stands, I would estimate you severely misunderstand about 7/8's of the Bible.
Well, Tim,Obviously, you have no clue of what I should "repent of," because you could not say.Obviously, nobody has ever explained to you what "circular reasoning" is, because you just did some.And, you have no clue about how to address the topic of a thread without becoming upset, and starting a personal exchange.And, you have no clue about how America was founded and why it was founded. Obviously, you believe a lot of speculative trash, otherwise your talk would make sense.I would estimate you have never read the Bible.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(tim_from_pa;23986)
Here's a site that explains it easily---- go to the yellow 5 steps box.http://www.britishisrael.co.uk/old/You can also read my downloadable book, instead of challenging the revelations the bible gives.Next of all, you mentioned a document giving freedoms and rights earlier. That's not what it says. It says:So, according to the document, who gives these rights? The government? NO, that's the thinking of the vast majority of the clueless population. God does. It's government's duty, as a servant, to PROTECT these rights. I look to the US government for nothing granted to me in these three areas. It's their job to protect them as "we the people".Now, does God give life? Let's check our bibles on this one shall we?There's life and liberty in Christ. Like parents that plan a child, they intend for him/her to be born and have life. What did Jesus give? Death and bondage? And as for happiness:I think what the issue here is that when you say nobody has a "right" according to scripture, I think you are misinterpreting that as meaning demands from the person's side. The declaration of Independence on the other hand acknowledges life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness because God already has given people this right (not because they demanded it) by virtue of the fact that they are created and exist. That's why I used the predestination scripture to illustrate life and liberty because that decision was made before the person existed, God ordained life to the person. That act is the "right" that the Declaration of Independence is talking about.
Tim,Try to focus on what I am saying, here.Where has "The Creator!!" said we have "inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?" None of the Scriptures you quoted spoke of "happiness" or "liberty." Scripture speaks of Spiritual life, the founding fathers spoke of physical life. You still have not spoken what you boasted you could produce.Just answer the question without dodging it, and without running your mouth about other stuff.Keep trying real hard.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(tim_from_pa;24027)
I think you are just taking things too much internally. I did not sense this at all, in spite of the fact that I am pretty much of a prescient person. I'm debating doctrine here---- and I tend to separate the message from the messenger. Back to the debate..... any other thoughts?
Yes, Tim,You are indeed "prescient" since you use your imagination to "explain" stuff.Stay away from those facts. They might embarrass your precious "prescience."

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(n2thelight;24051)
Anyone suggesting that Christianity had little influence on America is not familiar with history. Thirty-two percent of the Founding Fathers quotes – directly or indirectly – came from the Bible. The Bible was quoted four times more frequently than any other source. Most states required of their elected officials a profession of faith in Jesus Christ and the Bible before taking office.Spoken at the signing of the Declaration of Independence:"We have this day restored the Sovereign to whom all men ought to be obedient. He reigns in heaven, and from the rising to the setting of the sun, let His kingdom come.” Samuel Adams --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Spoken to the chiefs of the Delaware Indian Tribe:"You do well to wish to learn our arts and our ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ… Congress will do every thing they can to assist you in this wise intention.” George Washington --------------------------------------------------------------------------------"In this age there can be no substitution for Christianity… That was the religion of the founders of the republic, and they expected it to remain the religion of their descendants.” House Judiciary Committee - 1854 PUBLIC SCHOOLS WERE CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS“Religion, morality, and knowledge, being necessary to good government and the happiness of mankind, schools and the means of education shall forever be encouraged.” Northwest Ordinance 1789 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Public schools were initially established to insure that all children received lessons in the Bible so that propagation of the Christian faith would continue to the glory of God. Of the first 108 colleges, 106 were founded on the Christian faith established by Evangelical Christians.“Seeing God is the giver of all wisdom, every scholar, besides private or secret prayer, where all we are bound to ask shall be present morning and evening at public prayer in the hall at the accustomed hour….” Yale University requirement --------------------------------------------------------------------------------“For Christ and the church.” Official Harvard University motto --------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Religion is the only solid basis of good morals; therefore education should teach the precepts of religion, and the duties of man towards God.” Gouverneur Morris --------------------------------------------------------------------------------How times have changed. Our nation is at risk! Our children are the victims! Is it reasonable to assume that government, without God, will solve our problems? Although our present day Supreme court purports to rule according to the precepts of the Constitution, their actions and statements do not coincide with those who drafted the document; suggesting that they are better equipped to understand the Constitution than those who wrote it."The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: it connected, in one indissoluble bond, the principals of civil government with the principles of Christianity.” John Quincy Adams --------------------------------------------------------------------------------“Our Constitution was made for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” John Adams --------------------------------------------------------------------------------“And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that His justice cannot sleep forever.” Thomas Jefferson ENTER THE GODLESS “Almighty God, we acknowledge our dependence on Thee, and we beg Thy blessings upon us, our parents, our teachers, and our country.” Prayer ruled illegal 1966 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------“We thank you for the flowers so sweet; we thank you for the food we eat; we thank you for the birds that sing; we thank you for everything.” Poem ruled illegal 1967 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------“If the posted copies of the Ten Commandments are to have any effect at all, it will be to induce the school children to read, meditate upon, perhaps to venerate and obey the commandments…. This…is not a permissible state objective under the Establishment Clause” Supreme Court 1980 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------God has officially been removed from public education. Christian parents have acquiesced (given consent quietly without protest). The Founding Fathers knew what would result if the Christian faith faltered. “In 1940, teachers listed the top problems in public schools as: talking out of turn, chewing gum, making noise and running in halls.In 1990, teachers listed the top problems as: drug abuse, alcohol abuse, pregnancy, suicide and rape.” Heritage Foundation --------------------------------------------------------------------------------“As nations cannot be rewarded or punished in the next world they must be in this. By an inevitable chain of causes and effects providence punishes national sins, by national calamities.” George Mason We are seeing in America the results of a society giving in to the belief that man is no longer accountable to his Creator. Today we mock the wisdom of our founders because we ignore the Christian principals that they lived by. The turmoil that grows around us every day, is proof of our foolishness. “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” John Adams --------------------------------------------------------------------------------“A general dissolution of principals and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” Samuel Adams --------------------------------------------------------------------------------“And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that His justice cannot sleep forever.” Thomas Jeffersonhttp://www.perry4congress.com/christianity.html
Anyone who thinks America was "founded" on Godly principles has very poor reading skills, and has very good imaginative skills. Such a person cannot cite Scripture stating God has given anybody the "inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" as the writers of the original American documents meant it.Quoting Scripture does not mean a person is actually implementing it. Just look at all of the hairbrain preachers who quote Scripture and do not observably demonstrate it for their congregations to see. Christians need none of the American documents or political freedoms to be Godly. Only nonthinking talkers would try to say that we do.America was founded for the preservation of institutionalized religion, which is what we have today. Just look around you.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(jkdjr25;24421)
I guess it must be nice to lead sinless lives and be perfect here on earth. To be able to determine who was and wasn't a Christian post mortem must be a great talent. *sarcasm mode off*The founding fathers weren't perfect, nor were they sinless. They did however found a nation based on the God given principle that we are ALL created equal in His eyes. That we are endowed with certain freedoms by that Creator and that the chiefest of these freedoms is that which allows us to practice our faith openly and without fear of persecution by the government. We must not forget this truth nor take it for granted, such things always lead to pride and a fall.
You have no Scripture which clearly says:1. We are endowed with certain freedoms, with the "chiefest [sic]" freedom being to practice our faith openly and without fear of persecution. You need to read what Jesus said.2. All men are created "equal." Scripture is loaded with examples of people being created very unequal.Wake up to the truth, instead of sleeping in your imagination.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(jkdjr25;24508)
America was never founded as a theocracy. I don't think anyone has claimed that.However the republic that was founded was grouned in Biblical principles, something that Chesterton noted was proof that our Constitution was dogmaticly correct.I believe it was Paul who wrote that Christ came that we might have life and live it more abundantly. I don't remeber the exact chapter and verse but that line sticks out in my head.In order that we might create a union where people are free to worship God openly and without fear of Government intrusion or persecuation. That is the true meaning of liberty. It is a gift from the Most High God to us. Freedom is the natural desire of the spirit and no greater freedom can be found outside of God's grace. Those are all Christian ideals. We may not achieve happiness but God does not forbid us from pursuing it. In fact I believe people can't be truly happy unless they are acting in obedience to God. If you truly believe we have it so bad here in the United States, by all means move to a country in the middle east and see how free you are to worhip there. In many of those countries being a non-muslim is a death penalty offense.That's exactly the kind of thing that the founding fathers didn't want. That's why there was no state established Chruch. People must be free to make the choice to come to God. Our country has had the unique blessing of being able to beam the Gospel over satelite and over the internet, giving us access to nations where missionaries are forbidden to travel by the government. If for other reason than this, I thank Almighty God for my country, and I thank Him for the Biblical principles upon which it was founded.
Find the Scriptures quoted by the "founding fathers" which showed these so called "Godly principles" you think we were founded upon. Just do it. Do not run your mouth about other ideas.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(tim_from_pa;24712)
I sense that since I believe that the US came from Israel that you think that I am advocating the Old Covenant and back to the Law as opposed to the New Covenant and the Life in Christ. You severely misunderstand me. The Old Israel was lost to history so that these same people could become Gentiles and become recovenanted in Christ for the New Covenant! Hence, God used the seed of Abraham as He promised him in Genesis instead of non-Israelite Gentiles the way the church teaches!! There is a whole theology, thought and purpose behind the lost tribes teaching. There's more to it than "Usa is Manasseh" or whatever. Basically, people who do not understand it, as I sense you are, has to restudy their bible just like the first time they read it as a baby Christian and learn all over again and discard the junk that they've been taught. Most of the church is in reality worldly.
You need to restudy your Bible to find these imaginary "principles" we were founded on. Give me the Chapter and Verse of each one, without any of your lame and useless "explanations."Do not run away. Do not change this into a personal discussion. Speak the facts without hairbrained ideas mixed in.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(Daquine;24762)
Perhaps that may be the case, but that doesn't mean God wouldn't want you to be free and to be happy and to have rights.Better to be free to worship in a free country than in a country where they'd shoot you and kill you as soon as look at you because you weren't worshiping some other God or deity.
Go ahead and show us Scripture where God says He wants us to have political and economic freedoms as within our American rights. Is there anything stopping you from doing just that?

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(jkdjr25;24788)
Both types of nations are important. The free nation creates people willing to spread that freedom to others, because we know how important it is. The repressive nation builds Christians without compromise, with the spine and dedication to look evil in the eye with an unflinching heart. Both are necessitative to the spreading of God's word.
You keep dodging the question, "Where is the Scripture which says we have a right from God for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as intended by the Constitution?"

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
ShelliLet me ask you a question,throughout all of history God has always had a people who followed Him and whom He has blessed,the Israelites as an example,my question to you is,where are these people today?Genesis 22:16 "And said, "By Myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:"Genesis 22:17 "That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;"Genesis 22:18 "And in you seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed My voice."Where are these nations today?

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(blessed1195;24789)
I can pray to GOD in the name of Jesus anytime and anywhere but that won't change the truth. Our founding Fathers did in fact use the Bible to help create the founding documents and the laws of our land. Here is a perfect example taken out of the KJV Bible. " Duet 17:15 is where they got the law that the President had to be a natural born citizen to be our ruler. Ezra 7:24 Where they got the law that the church is a tax exempt organization. Then in 1959 some liberal politician added to the law "that these organizations, now called 501 C3's under IRS regulations, can not talk ,under penalty of losing their tax exempt status. There are endless examples but you have got to do alittle work for yourself. David Barton of Wallbuilders.com has published sermons dated in the 1700-1800's that demonstrate that the pastor's sermons discussed current issues as relating to GOD's word. Examples that I saw were: sermons on Executions of murderers according to GOD's law and various elections: who was the best candidate that would follow GOD's law.One of the reasons The United States of America was founded so that we could have freedom of religion where the government doesn't tell us what or how to worship as the Church of England had done. Also the folks wanted to have their own democracy, where the majority rules, founded on Judeo- Christian principles by the people and for the people. We are historically a Christian nation under GOD. Other people have the right to come and worship whatever heathen religion they want but America will stay a nation under GOD based on biblical principles. They can not change our history even though liberals are constantly trying to revise it! We just have to be smarter than the serpent and keep educating ourselves in the truth of GOD's word and the truth about our history, not the revised liberal american history taught in our government run public schools.
The birth place of the President? Taxes? That is all the Scripture you can come up with? Those Scriptures were intended for Israel, not us.You need to be just a little bit smart. Tell us how America is "under God."

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(blessed1195;24953)
Please keep studying! Have you ever read 1Peter4:17 where we are told judgement begins at the household of GOD? When I read your response, I prayed for you. Please keep seeking the truth before you mislead anyone and are held in judgement for it.The Old testament is our schoolmaster. Yes, Jesus is our savior and through forgiveness and repentance we can have a clean slate in the book of life and obtain eternal life, but how do you know how to be righteous and not sin, if you do not know the law, statutes, and ordinances given to us in the OT? When Jesus came in Matt 5: 17 )he said" Think not that I am come to destroy the law , or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18)" Verily, I say unto you Till heaven and earth pass,one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled"What this means, is that Jesus came to fulfill the Messianic prophesies in the OT ( Examples: Gen 3:15,Isaiah 7, Psalms22, and many more) and not one sound of the letter of the OT law is changed by him( jots and tittle are marks over the Hebrew letters that change the sound of the letter). Of course, blood ordinances were eliminated as we are told by Paul in Col.2:14" Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross"Also in 1 John 3:4" Whosoever comitteth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." Once again, how do you know if you sin, if you do not know the law, statutes and ordinances from the Old Testament. In Rev 19;8 the wife of Christ's clothes "will be of fine linen, clean and white;for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints." So how can you ever be righteous, if you do not know what is right according to GOD?Now you made the false statement that Abraham was a gentile and a heathen. Not in my KJV. I recommend you have a Stong's KJV concordance with Hebrew/Chaldee and Greek dictionaries and a Green's Interlinear Bible. This is an inexpensive way to own a copy of the manuscripts used for the KJV. Abram was from the Adamic race, a descendant of Adam through Noah and Shem his father,Noah and Shem, Abram's father and grandfather were 2 of the 8 Adamic souls that were saved in the flood of Genesis 7. Gen 7:1 they had a pure pedigree, meaning they had not mixed with the fallen angels of Gen 6., so they along with two of every flesh would be saved by GOD. Bottom line is that You must study Genesis with understanding. You will see in Chapter 12:1, GOD is talking to Abram, In Gen 17 GOD changed his name to Abraham, the father of many nations, and made a covenant with him. The 12 tribes of Israel began with the 12 sons of Jacob. From Adam to Noah to Abraham, Isaac then Jacob, whose name was changed to Israel in Gen 32:28. Those we know as Jews today are primarily from the tribe of Judah, so that leaves many more tribes of Israel. That was what I believe Tim fromPA was trying to explain to you. The word Gentile # 1484 in the Greek dictionary is "ethnos" which are described as foreign races, non Jewish. Also called heathen,nation and peoples in the Bible. These are the ethnic races of today. # 1471 in Hebrew/chaldee Dictionary describes heathen. The word in hebrew is goy meaning a foreign nation;hence a Gentile, a troop of animals or a flight of locusts, also used interchangeably with Gentile, nations and peoples.Once again,I think "tim from PA" was trying to teach you about the lost tribes of Israel and you seem to reject it because it is not quoted from the Bible. As you become a deeper student you might want to look into history books like Antiquities of Josephus to help you better understand events as they actually happened. History means " His Story". The Bible is a story of a family ( made up of believers and unbelievers) and their encounters with others throughout the ages and from umbilical cord to umbilical cord from Eve to Christ and from Christ to the manymembered body, whether born of the 12 tribes or adopted. The adoption was opened up to all in the NT. In Acts 9:15"And the LORD said unto him,"Go thy way; for he is a chosen vessel to bear my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. Paul was given this order by Christ to teach to these 3 groups/on 3 levels so that John 3: 15/16 could be fulfilled. 15) "That whosoever believeth in him (Jesus)should not perish, but have eternal life". This applies to all races today. Not just Israelites as you stated. Also,The overcomers of Rev 3 that you quoted are GOD's elect and not just Israelites as you stated. This is another teaching for another day. But you might want to study Matt 24, Mark 13,Luke 21, 2 Thess 2. for yourself.I hope I am not overloading your donkey but I am led to reveal some more interesting facts. Abraham lived in UR of the chaldee nation( in IRAQ of today) but he was not one of Babylonians, he was of the Adamic race. Now what is the Adamic race?Let's start with the word adam # 119 in the Hebrew dictionary. In the manuscripts, when GOD made Adam on the eighth day, you will see him called ETH HA ADAM or "the man adam". 119 describes this adam as to show blood in the face, flush or turn rosy or ruddy (complected). GOD's husbandman or the one he created to tend the garden was the start of the ADAMIC Race that is the caucasian race that exists still today. E Raymond Capt's booklet" The Abrahamic Covenant" will show you historical and biblical accounts of the migrations of the 12 tribes. This booklet will give you the biblical verses you need to help understand the migration of the tribes. It's up to you to do the work.Jake,you have to decide if you want the truth.Most pastors today won't teach truth if it is controversial to their churches teachings, since they could lose their pensions.Most pastors won't teach you how to go back to the original manuscripts Even though the translators of the KJV, 1611 Authorized version, wrote a preface apologizing for mistakes made in the translations.You have to decide to trust in GOD or to trust in man( and Satan and the ways of the world). Please read Jeremiah 17:5-8 to help you make that decision. GOD or Satan,Blessings or cursings- your choice!
You still are dodging the topic of this thread. Why is that? No real answers?