America

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(tim_from_pa;38236)
Yes. You will know what I mean if you've been following posts like mine or Kriss.
Verse and scripture please I got to read this for myself......:eek:

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Two;38237)
Verse and scripture please I got to read this for myself......:eek:
First of all, critics of the lost tribes think that God should spell out specifically that they are here or they are over there. NO. That's one of the prophecies in Hosea that if we knew who they were, that would make the prophecy false. Other scriptures state they would be known by "new name". Another severe misconception is that lost Israel should behave "like the Jew" whatever that means. No. The scripture clearly says they were exiled because they worshiped other Gods. Israel in her latter days did not practice Judaism, so why would we expect them to (for example) circumcise their children or keep the Sabbath? They did not know about these things.Here's a starter thread using Genesis as the base.im-hungry-sell-me-your-birthrightThere are scores of scriptures that depicts the direction they went, their manners and whatnot that clues in who they are. Then conventional archeology fills in the rest regarding the sudden appearance of the Celtic tribes at the same time and place in history as captive Israel was taken. From there, its just a manner of tracing their route across Asia minor and vicinity, into Europe and up to NW Europe. The thread link above states their purpose.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(The Duke of Vandals;38344)
In other words, the bible doesn't mention America. Got it. Why did you state otherwise?
I was using "mention" as in the form of being addressed as a people as opposed to name. We weren't known as America back then, but Manasseh, but are the same people, so anyone addressing them would be addressing the descendants as well.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
In other words, the bible doesn't mention America. Got it. Why did you state otherwise?
Ezekiel 13: Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?In this verse the England symbol is the Lion and the US is the young lion.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Because there is a lot of hidden meaning.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
Gen.25:21-23 Gen.27:26-29 Gen.48:7-22 Gen.49:22-26 Jer.51:19-20 II Sam.7:10 Deut.33:13-17Isa.18:1-7Isa.41:1-2 Who do you think the House of Israel is?Where do you think Joseph's land is?