Amillennialism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

inchrist

Sep 23, 2016
This is silly. The Jews did not tear down the Temple by doing so.

Right because heaven forbid they did any damage to the temple... You know what is even more silly thinking the "Roman legions" werent entirely made up of arabs and that provincial legions are citizens of Rome.

Jesus NEVER "confirmed" any (there's more than one) OT Covenant at the beginning of His Ministry.
See Marcus will continue to argue with Christ on this matter

The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand.

Jesus' Ministry did not last 3.5 years.
The prophetic work of Jacob, leah and Rachel refutes this.

Christ ministry is the one seven, christ earthly ministry was 3.5 years to be completed in the later half by the two witnesses in revelation

Gods covenant with Abraham refutes also refutes yoir claim.

Jesus made the NEW Covenant on the eve of His Crucifixion.
Again christ ministry of healing the sick and forgiving sins refutes this

He "cut the deal" -karat- when He shed His Blood on the Cross.
That Covenant did not expire in seven years.

Once we are married with Christ in the resurrection Christ work (covenant) will be completed.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
inchrist said:
The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand.
Folk: that utterance by our Lord does NOT make a Biblically binding Covenant.

Do some research on what makes a Biblical Covenant. Read what God does with Abraham. Jesus made a Biblically correct Covenant with the New Covenant.

Saying the time if fulfilled for the Kingdom of God is an announcement - not a Covenant.

atin-christ is continuing to grasp at straws in some hope of saying Jesus "confirmed" a Covenant at the start of His Ministry - YET he cannot answer any of these points which refutes his Preterist leanings.
  • Jesus NEVER "confirmed" any (there's more than one) OT Covenant at the beginning of His Ministry.
  • Jesus' Ministry did not last 3.5 years.
  • Jesus made the NEW Covenant on the eve of His Crucifixion.
  • He "cut the deal" -karat- when He shed His Blood on the Cross.
  • That Covenant did not expire in seven years.

inchrist

Sep 23, 2016
Marcus O said:
Folk: that utterance by our Lord does NOT make a Biblically binding Covenant.
Then you do not know what the covenant is either. At the core of the Renewed Covenant is Jesus, its that simple. In Jesus Christ, God has given us a renewed basis for our relationship with God and reconciliation between the House of Judah and the House of Ephraim which ultimately also saves humankind. This is the covenant God has given; we respond to Christ with either yes or no. You either respond to the Covenants utterances or you dont.

Yeshua the messiah is the covenant himself .

Isaiah 42:6

I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles,

It is through the life and death of Christ, God has provided the one and only means by which we can be the faithful.

Christ wasnt the covenant only through death but also through his life.

Here is Yeshua the Messiah the very Covenant uttering

Luke 4:18

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Backed up by:-

Mark 1:15

"And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Christ is the good news, Christ is the gospel, Christ is the covenant.

You either respond to Christ or you dont...you respond to Christ it is binding.

Do some research on what makes a Biblical Covenant. Read what God does with Abraham.
Why do you act as though I never brought up the covenant God made with Abraham did I not go into details concerning the similarities between Abrahams covenant and Daniel 9:27....

Did I not post the following, here is my quote again?

Lets look at the next word "briyth" (covenant)

There is an established rule of interpreting scripture and this is called - The Law of First Mention. In otherwords the first time that a concept is presented in scripture, it then becomes the precedent for when the same concept is presented again in other scriptures.

For example, Genesis 15:9 is the first time the concept of briyth is used

Genesis 15:9 And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.

Heifer, Ram and Goat is used for passover and Christ our messiah portrayed the role of all three of these animal sacrifices during his earthly ministry of 3.5 years.

Now of we go to Genesis 15:10

And he took unto him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each piece one against another

And what does Daniel 9:27 tell us that Messiah would do? It says that he would “cause the sacrifices to cease in the midst of the week

Now the next bit is important as its a prophecy that would concern the House of Judah and the House of Joseph being divided as the covenant jas been breached. The animal pieces in Abraham’s covenant were divided in order to restore the schism in both houses ( the house of Judah and the house of Ephraim - the christian house) and this is also why in the midst of the week the last seven years of Daniel’s 70th Week was divided into two parts of 3.5 years.

Christ fulfilled only “half” of Daniel’s 70th Week and then he will fulfill the other “half” through his Two Witnesses, so that both families will no longer bedivided

Hence the below reenactment.

Genesis 15:17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.

God gave Abraham details of this covenant by telling him that his descendants would become more numerous than the stars of the heaven and the sand on the seashore. In other words, Abraham would have descendants from the Gentiles nations who would be grafted into the family through the blood of Christ.

Genesis 22:17 That in blessing I will bless you, and in multiplying I will multiply your seed as the stars of the heaven,and as the sand which is upon the sea shore;

And this brings us to the Daniel 9:27 “many”

Mark 14:24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for MANY.
Do not grasp the law of first mention?

Do you not grasp that we see the same pattern where Abrahams covenant was split in the midst, Daniel 9:27 split in the midst. In Luke 4:18 where Christ splits Isaiah's prophecy....where Solomon was to cut the horlets baby in half...do you not understand the connections here?

Do you not grasp that through the covenant of Abraham he would have many descendants, where we see the same pattern in Daniel 9:27 where the covenant was with many? Confirmed by Matthew 26:28 covenant with many?

No where, absolutly no where in the entirety of scriptire can you find a verse that states the antichrist confirms a covenant with many by two scriptual witnesses like Daniel 9:27 and Matthew 26:28.

You are building a doctrine on ONE verse which is prohibited by scripture. Your logic and your doctrine is FALSE.

Jesus' Ministry did not last 3.5 years.
Why do you persist in acting as though I never answered or provided you scripture support...i am not interested in your logic or opinions, provide scripture to refute the folllowing:

Christ ministry, His work of 1 seven for his brides is found in the prophetic pattern of Jacob, leah and Rachel....what part of this do you not grasp?

That Covenant did not expire in seven years.
Again the later half of the 1 seven it is to be completed in the future by the 2 witnesses for the bride of Christ...when we marry Christ, both houses of Israe, there is no more need for reconciliation, we are reconciled.

It is beyond despute Marcus, this topic matter has been well and truly over your head...you are out of your depth to display such arrogance.

Truly I do feel sorry for prewraths everything in scripture must seem like coincidences to a prewrath...they do not and are incapable of following biblical patterns

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
This is a friendly reminder for all parties of this discussion to keep in mind. Address the post content and refrain from insults.

Thank you.