Amillennialism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No I'm not. No physical MK. It will be in heaven where Christ will rule the earth from for 1000 years which cannot be found in the bible.
Um...still missing my point! I get it...you like to drill down on your side of things. I was only saying we can probably find a little grace towards one another simply from the fact that we all long for this 'glorious event', whatever that event, in our own minds, is exactly.
But, by all means, keep missing my point, as is your right to do. I'll keep enjoying my room with a view over here.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um...still missing my point! I get it...you like to drill down on your side of things. I was only saying we can probably find a little grace towards one another simply from the fact that we all long for this 'glorious event', whatever that event, in our own minds, is exactly.
But, by all means, keep missing my point, as is your right to do. I'll keep enjoying my room with a view over here.
I drill down for the truth. Very important for understanding and sanctification.

The bible never to choose your ho-hum thinking.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I drill down for the truth. Very important for understanding and sanctification.

The bible never to choose your ho-hum thinking.
My "ho-hum thinking"? Well...I disagree with that. You know that I do have a solid personal view on these things. I just think that when all is said and done, it's not a closed hand issue...it's not something that will shake the salvation issues, and therefore we shouldn't go to war and be dogmatic over them. After all:
If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. -Romans 12:18
But if you prefer to be ornery about it all, rather than taking a moment to enjoy with us all the one thing we can agree on...Christ's coming and how much we all long for it and want it...well, that's on you and that's fine I suppose. I just don't think it's entirely acturate or fair to claim that in doing so you are being true to scripture while I am not. Are we not supposed to be excited about his return? Are we not supposed to, on occasion at least, find common ground with others we can share, so we can put aside arguements for a time? If you can tell me and show me these to be wrong, fine, but if not, how about you lighten up a bit, yeah?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My "ho-hum thinking"? Well...I disagree with that. You know that I do have a solid personal view on these things. I just think that when all is said and done, it's not a closed hand issue...it's not something that will shake the salvation issues, and therefore we shouldn't go to war and be dogmatic over them. After all:
If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. -Romans 12:18
But if you prefer to be ornery about it all, rather than taking a moment to enjoy with us all the one thing we can agree on...Christ's coming and how much we all long for it and want it...well, that's on you and that's fine I suppose. I just don't think it's entirely acturate or fair to claim that in doing so you are being true to scripture while I am not. Are we not supposed to be excited about his return? Are we not supposed to, on occasion at least, find common ground with others we can share, so we can put aside arguements for a time? If you can tell me and show me these to be wrong, fine, but if not, how about you lighten up a bit, yeah?

I present my views and scripture. You present yours.

It's hard to show someone wrong who does not read the bible literally. Not an attack, just a factual observation.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I present my views and scripture. You present yours.

It's hard to show someone wrong who does not read the bible literally. Not an attack, just a factual observation.
You do realise the same can be said of you guys...who take the bible "literalistically". In other words...those who hold so tight to their "literal" rule, that they don't allow for when the bible actually calls for...nay...insists, for interpretation in light of analogy or metaphor. But then, those very same people don't follow their own hermenuetic rule, which means while accusing us of not being "literal" they have those within their own school believing Demons rising from pits are attack helicopters, but then not taking it literally when Jesus is described as a Lamb...and a Lion.
So which is it? Can you follow your own hermenuetic or not? It seems dubious at best. And then you guys have the gall to accuse us of not taking the bible literally. If you guys get to dodge and weave with literal interpretation, why are we wearing the devils hat when we do it? Hmmm?
It is all just a bit rich, you know.
Just sayin'.

Reactions: Keraz

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realise the same can be said of you guys...who take the bible "literalistically". In other words...those who hold so tight to their "literal" rule, that they don't allow for when the bible actually calls for...nay...insists, for interpretation in light of analogy or metaphor. But then, those very same people don't follow their own hermenuetic rule, which means while accusing us of not being "literal" they have those within their own school believing Demons rising from pits are attack helicopters, but then not taking it literally when Jesus is described as a Lamb...and a Lion.
So which is it? Can you follow your own hermenuetic or not? It seems dubious at best. And then you guys have the gall to accuse us of not taking the bible literally. If you guys get to dodge and weave with literal interpretation, why are we wearing the devils hat when we do it? Hmmm?
Just sayin'.

Hey! Don't you think my pit bull picture was cute? He never posted a picture like that!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes. Definitely "solid personal views on things." :) More like holds to her views like a bulldog does a bone, and will fight you over it to her last dying breath, LoL.

I'm sure after he's had a few more debates with you he'll find out there's a little more behind the polite exterior. Of all the people I'm not wild about debating here, I think you take the cake, LoL. Ha! :p
Um...excuse me? Have we somehow got our lines crossed here? I thought you and I had chatted about all this in a friendly manner a few times and then decided we'd drawn the line on it for now?
Yes I hold these views, yes I love defending them, as I see it's what scripture says! But i have to say, out of everyone here I'd think I would be the least likely to got nut-so if you disagreed with my end times view. If you think something different, more power to you! My Grandparents were Dispensationalists and I loved them so very dearly...the best people in the world. I hold that view and people who hold it in respect if for nothing else than them.
So...I can't really see why you would suddenly start posting such things about me. When have we "gotten into it"?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um...excuse me? Have we somehow got our lines crossed here? I thought you and I had chatted about all this in a friendly manner a few times and then decided we'd drawn the line on it for now?
Yes I hold these views, yes I love defending them, as I see it's what scripture says! But i have to say, out of everyone here I'd think I would be the least likely to got nut-so if you disagreed with my end times view. If you think something different, more power to you! My Grandparents were Dispensationalists and I loved them so very dearly...the best people in the world. I hold that view and people who hold it in respect if for nothing else than them.
So...I can't really see why you would suddenly start posting such things about me. When have we "gotten into it"?

No, no. I was just teasing you, Naomi. I meant it as a compliment...

and said it as a friend.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just sayin'.

I guess you don't understand that figurative and metaphorical of known meaning are considered literal in grammar.

Just sayin'

That

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess you don't understand that figurative and metaphorical of known meaning are considered literal in grammar.

Just sayin'

That
Yes, grammar is important, and that's something 'we' do too. But so is genre. The 'intent' behind why something was written, and in what manner it was written, is also massively important, and should be taken into account as well. Why is that something that you do so well in other parts of scripture, but then not in Revelation? Just wondering.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, perhaps it was, but it actually wasn't very funny. You said:
"More like holds to her views like a bulldog does a bone, and will fight you over it to her last dying breath, LoL.

I'm sure after he's had a few more debates with you he'll find out there's a little more behind the polite exterior. Of all the people I'm not wild about debating here, I think you take the cake, LoL. Ha! :p"

I'm a bulldog, under my "polite exterior" and I "take the cake"? Followed by a picture of an actual dog? I'm sorry, but pehaps you didn't think that through really well.
Yes, yes I do hang onto views if I see the bible clearly saying it, because it's God's truth, and worth repeating and defending. Isn't that why we're all here? And yes..yes I do debate. I debate because too often I find people use opinion and not scripture for their reasoning, and I don't think that cuts it. So I push for scripture, and I push to understand what others think, and to try and make others get what I think.
But I attempt to do so without being rude, and to do so with a measure of open enquiry rather than 'bull-dog' nastiness. Maybe I don't always suceed, but I certainly try. Which, I believe, is something not everyone here does.

You just took me wrong. I'm sorry I said anything now.

You wouldn't be the first to misread me. It happens more than I'd like.

I'll go back and erase it.