Amillennialism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually...this is interesting. I've not heard the Pentecost version of it, myself. What I've heard is that when Jesus says in Luke 10:17-18:
The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!” And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

Well I'm not sold on his having been bound yet, but I do have to admit that's a pretty fancy shmancy verse to support the hypothesis, LoL.
To be perfectly honest with you...hadn't ever thought about it. :D
I suppose I had lumped it in the category of 'figurative' with the giant key and chain. A literal key and chain probably can't hold a spirit being, so, you know...chalked that up to figurative. The pit...nope...would have to do a bit of actually thinking on that one!

See here's the thing with me. I do a lot of interpreting parables and Biblical symbolism, and through experience I notice they adhere to certain rules. One of those rules is that if a parable is referring to literal events, people and places, it will remain consistent in doing so, and not suddenly switch out to referencing non-literal things in the same narrative.

For instance, in the Parable of the Sower, the whole thing references literal seed, soil, birds, weeds, sun, bearing 30, 60 or 100 fold seeds, etc. The whole thing stays literal. In Revelation 20:3, the reference to preventing him from deceiving the nations is literal, i.e. he is referring to the nations literally. Thus his being bound literally to prevents this should likewise be literal, and in some form of literal prison/abyss.

Now I've heard it said before by Amillenialists (Dave L, I think) that spirits cannot be bound, therefore it must not be literal chains and a literal prison. But that only applies regarding trying to bind spirits with material chains in material prisons. Spiritually these things exist, just as do demons and angels. They are around us all the time and very real, but they can move through material things (like walls) whereas we cannot because material things do not bind them. But clearly they can stop one another's movements. In Daniel, the Prince of Persia (a demonic prince) prevented the angel Gabriel from getting to Daniel for 21 days (Daniel 10:13), and it was only after the archangel Michael arrived on the scene that Gabriel was able to get through. Likewise, the Book of Enoch, quoted by Jude, states that some of those angels who sinned were thrown into a pit which was then covered over, which seems to coincide with what Peter said about the angels who were cast down into Tartarus (2 Peter 2:4).

I'm simply saying that either the whole thing is figurative or the whole thing is literal.

See, and the other problem that I have with spiritualizing things is that not enough thought usually gets put into exactly what the reality is first behind which the spiritualization is built. If Satan is literally kept from deceiving the nations, how exactly is he kept from doing only this, when he is still apparently able to fill men with sinful thoughts (Acts 5:3), bring about the destruction of men in the flesh (1 Corinthians 5:5), hinder the movements of the saints (1 Thessalonians 2:18), tempt believers to sin (1 Corinthians 7:5), and deceive those who are seduced away from the faith (1 Timothy 5:15). I'm not saying it's impossible, but in order to believe it I would first want to know exactly how the mechanics work that make him unable to deceive the nations. I've always interpreted it that he was unable to attack and destroy the church until such time as humanity truly wanted to do this in their hearts. And while this is indeed the work of evil spirits, it takes a great deal of deception. The holocaust for me was a precursor of the evil Satan will convince men to do against the Jews and Christians in the end-times, and they must first become deluded into thinking they are actually doing "good" by ridding the world of a terrible scourge by eliminating a particular class or race of people...

Anyway, I'm the type who wants the specifics. I want to know how he will specifically be bound (from deceiving the nations) if he will literally be kept from doing so.

Sorry if I rambled, but I'm just going to click "post reply" on this and send it.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started life Catholic. Was converted at age 24...42 years ago. After some a little time in Presbyterian, I joined the AOG. Was there for as lay preacher and youth leader for 10 years. For several reasons I fell, or drifted, away from church, and the Christian lifestyle. As a result my marriage began to fall apart, and my children started into the same life I imbibed in before I became a Christian. I was left with only one choice. Allow my entire family to disintegrate and end up goodness knows where, or repent and return to Jesus.
I turned to Jesus. His promise to me at that time we if I sought His kingdom and His righteousness, he would save my family. I did and He did.
But when I came back to Him, I asked him for a new beginning. I did not want to go over the same road...I wanted truth...I had way too many gaps in understanding of theology...I had only a very shallow understanding of soteriology (similar to many of the views on this forum) and the only understanding of eschatology was based on Hal Lindsay's The Late Great Planet Earth. I never could reconcile his beliefs with scripture... So I wanted to understand and give my faith a firm foundation.
It was Jesus that led me to the SDA church. When I sat down to study their teachings I spent 6 months ( I was unemployed.. every day and all day with my Bible, concordance, and their fundamental doctrines comparing scripture with scripture) before accepting the basics...a further 5 years before I committed myself as a member. I have no regrets. And I did not rely on my secular past or natural intelligence to come to my decision. I had the holy Spirit with me every step of the way. And despite the antagonism and opposition I met along the way, the unreasonable and unwarranted accusations of heresy and sectarianism we still get from every quarter, I am more convinced today than I was 20 years ago when I began my search for truth. I have come across no sound biblical reason to change my mind on Adventism. And your time didn't in "intelligence" means nothing when it comes to understand spiritual matters.
Is that thorough enough do you think?

Working intelligence is not a spiritual thing, but an education on how to collect information, sorted, examine it and apply it.

And there is a big difference and looking for information to find the truth and information to support what you want to find.

As with the sanctuary judgment. You cannot find anything in the bible to support it. But there's plenty to deny it.

Romans 8
29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

No investigation required. God has always known.

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,k]">[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

OSAS

I have experienced more spiritually and in the world than most. But since I cannot prove it spiritually, I learned a long time ago to not talk about it. In just confuses people.

I am a member of no denomination the cause Paul said it was wrong and not healthy.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well I'm not sold on his having been bound yet, but I do have to admit that's a pretty fancy shmancy verse to support the hypothesis, LoL.

See here's the thing with me. I do a lot of interpreting parables and Biblical symbolism, and through experience I notice they adhere to certain rules. One of those rules is that if a parable is referring to literal events, people and places, it will remain consistent in doing so, and not suddenly switch out to referencing non-literal things in the same narrative.

For instance, in the Parable of the Sower, the whole thing references literal seed, soil, birds, weeds, sun, bearing 30, 60 or 100 fold seeds, etc. The whole thing stays literal. In Revelation 20:3, the reference to preventing him from deceiving the nations is literal, i.e. he is referring to the nations literally. Thus his being bound literally to prevents this should likewise be literal, and in some form of literal prison/abyss.

Now I've heard it said before by Amillenialists (Dave L, I think) that spirits cannot be bound, therefore it must not be literal chains and a literal prison. But that only applies regarding trying to bind spirits with material chains in material prisons. Spiritually these things exist, just as do demons and angels. They are around us all the time and very real, but they can move through material things (like walls) whereas we cannot because material things do not bind them. But clearly they can stop one another's movements. In Daniel, the Prince of Persia (a demonic prince) prevented the angel Gabriel from getting to Daniel for 21 days (Daniel 10:13), and it was only after the archangel Michael arrived on the scene that Gabriel was able to get through. Likewise, the Book of Enoch, quoted by Jude, states that some of those angels who sinned were thrown into a pit which was then covered over, which seems to coincide with what Peter said about the angels who were cast down into Tartarus (2 Peter 2:4).

I'm simply saying that either the whole thing is figurative or the whole thing is literal.

See, and the other problem that I have with spiritualizing things is that not enough thought usually gets put into exactly what the reality is first behind which the spiritualization is built. If Satan is literally kept from deceiving the nations, how exactly is he kept from doing only this, when he is still apparently able to fill men with sinful thoughts (Acts 5:3), bring about the destruction of men in the flesh (1 Corinthians 5:5), hinder the movements of the saints (1 Thessalonians 2:18), tempt believers to sin (1 Corinthians 7:5), and deceive those who are seduced away from the faith (1 Timothy 5:15). I'm not saying it's impossible, but in order to believe it I would first want to know exactly how the mechanics work that make him unable to deceive the nations. I've always interpreted it that he was unable to attack and destroy the church until such time as humanity truly wanted to do this in their hearts. And while this is indeed the work of evil spirits, it takes a great deal of deception. The holocaust for me was a precursor of the evil Satan will convince men to do against the Jews and Christians in the end-times, and they must first become deluded into thinking they are actually doing "good" by ridding the world of a terrible scourge by eliminating a particular class or race of people...

Anyway, I'm the type who wants the specifics. I want to know how he will specifically be bound (from deceiving the nations) if he will literally be kept from doing so.

Sorry if I rambled, but I'm just going to click "post reply" on this and send it.

All really good points, none of them to be dismissed I think. And sometimes, we have to be honest and say: we don't have the answers. Every system has it holes.
But, there are some answers I can put before you to consider here.
You are totally right in that just because Satan is a spirit being, doesn't mean he cannot be bound, in some shape or form. When we look at the story of Job we see a form of what we Amillennials are positing in Rev 20 directly. God tells Satan 'you may go forth and do (x) to Job, but not (y)'. Is Satan literally bound, physically bound against doing these things, or is he forced to operated under the directive of God almighty?
We see all throughout Revelation that even the demons that come forth to wage 'evil' and horror onto the earth only do so at direct permission of God. Nothing acts without his allowing it to. Basically...he holds the reigns of the universe, and while Satan and demons might hate that, buck against that, they are helpless against it. Those are the real chains and keys.

The other thing I would perhaps point out is the reality of the survival of God's people throughout history. If we cast our minds back to the OT and Israel, we see quite easily that Israel only survived because of God's direct intervention. Satan truly tried his best to wipe them from the face of the earth, knowing of God's promise to send "the one who would crush his head" through the chosen nation.
Then came the NT, with the new Covenant...the Church. And like Israel, we too see our share of suffering, persecution, foolishness and strife within our own borders. That is human nature, sadly, not a direct result of Satan. But when we look back throughout history, and then consider the world as it is now, and think about how...marginalized and outright hated the Church has been in other countries, we begin to realise that our continued existance is thanks to God as well. How, exactly? I posit it's because he's bound Satan against gathering the nations against us.
Because...what do we know about Satan? We know he's a liar, a murderer and that he's prideful. He wants to sit where God does, in a place of worship and adoration. Do we ever stop and wonder why he's not more visible here on earth where he's been cast? We know spirit beings have the abilitiy to take on visible appearance. Surely someone who wants praise, who wants to decieve people againsts Christians and against God and his Christ, would wage an active war of miracles and other things that people in their foolishness and hunger for 'the other' would flock to. Why hasn't he? Why has he kept his actions here on earth 'covert'? Why does his demons operate on the 'down-low'. Sure they have some who outright are 'Satan worhippers', but by and large they're seen as laughing stocks. Why does Satan operate in the shadows, turning people aside by any means he can, when by all reasoning, he could be, as we see suggested in Revelation, wowing the world with his powers?
I think it's because he can't. God isn't allowing him to. A time will come when that restraint will be lifted, but for now, both the Church and the gospel is going forth. The Kingdom...that which the Son went to recieve (Luke 19:11), is growing, and it is not time for Satan's stage act yet.
Anyway...that's sort of how I see it. However...I do totally understand how others just go "whoa! Satan can't be bound...too much evil is around!" Part of me wants to agree with that. But, I just feel I have to remain true to the text, and the text only gives me leave to say that he is bound from decieving. So...it's kind of where I land. Hope that helps explain it, at the very least!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are totally right in that just because Satan is a spirit being, doesn't mean he cannot be bound, in some shape or form. When we look at the story of Job we see a form of what we Amillennials are positing in Rev 20 directly. God tells Satan 'you may go forth and do (x) to Job, but not (y)'. Is Satan literally bound, physically bound against doing these things, or is he forced to operated under the directive of God almighty?

Ah! This is an interesting point, but for me the difference here is between preventing Satan from doing something and literally binding him. God's people are under His protection 24/7, and the only way Satan can attack them is if God allows it by removing the hedge of angelic protection they are surrounded with. But binding to me speaks again of no freedom of movement, of being contained in a prison, which is one of the words the text in Revelation uses.
when we look back throughout history, and then consider the world as it is now, and think about how...marginalized and outright hated the Church has been in other countries, we begin to realise that our continued existance is thanks to God as well. How, exactly? I posit it's because he's bound Satan against gathering the nations against us.

I think we agree that His protections are in place for His own, except when lifted at His discretion like they were in Acts, and then under the persecution of Nero. I just think we disagree on it being the result of Satan being bound. That's the part I'd still want specifics on.

So how's the weather in Australia these days? Your days are getting hotter as ours get colder, yes?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah! This is an interesting point, but for me the difference here is between preventing Satan from doing something and literally binding him. God's people are under His protection 24/7, and the only way Satan can attack them is if God allows it by removing the hedge of angelic protection they are surrounded with. But binding to me speaks again of no freedom of movement, of being contained in a prison, which is one of the words the text in Revelation uses.

I think we agree that His protections are in place for His own, except when lifted at His discretion like they were in Acts, and then under the persecution of Nero. I just think we disagree on it being the result of Satan being bound. That's the part I'd still want specifics on.

So how's the weather in Australia these days? Your days are getting hotter as ours get colder, yes?

There's a big difference and restrained and chained.

Those change in the pit are not doing anything to humanity. But restrained means limited scope.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a big difference between restrained and chained.

Those chained in the pit are not doing anything to humanity. But restrained means limited scope.

Well that's putting it a little more straight to the point, but yes. I agree.

Just a heads up for you, CoreIssue: I noticed your posts contain a high amount of typos. I do the same thing, so I know how it is. But I manage to catch most of them after I post my responses. You might want to consider reviewing your posts to clean them up. Most people can still make out what you're saying on most occasions, but it's still nice to clean them up for the sake of others.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As you say...interesting point...the difference between preventing, and bound. It made me think, and then do a little digging. This is what I found on the word bound:
In Merriam/webster Dictionary: 1 : to tie or wrap securely (as with string or rope) The machine binds the hay into bales. 2 : to hold or restrict by force or obligation The oath binds you. 3 : to wrap or cover with a bandage bind a wound.
And in the Greek: deó, δέω, I bind, tie, fasten; I impel, compel; I declare to be prohibited and unlawful.

So...while yes, it could be a physical binding against all things. It also can be a "restricting by force or obligation', a 'compelling' or 'declaring to be prohibited or unlawful'.
So...when we come to Revelation 20, and it says quite specifically that Satan is bound "so that he might not decieve the nations any longer", should we not take notice of the "SO" in this passage? It is giving us the reason Satan is being bound. And it really doesn't say that Satan will be bound against all things, in the manner of a literal binding.

Yep, warming up! Things are pretty dry here, what with the drought. So...we're hoping we don't have a bad fire season. But...all things are in his hands....and we have the blessing of air conditioning!

B

brakelite

Also, about this, what do you interpret the pit to be that Satan was cast into? ("And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him... And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations...").
I know this is in context of a conversation with Naomi, but may I make a comment? That word '''pit", is
12 ‭ἄβυσσος‭ abussos ‭ab’–us–sos
‭the same word used in Genesis 1:2 in the Septuagint. The same word describes the state of the earth before creation. Dark, devoid of life, barren and desolate. We believe such is an appropriate description of the state of the earth throughout the millennium. As the earth was before creation, so will the earth be before recreation. Then there is the idea of the earth having its Sabbath rest during that period. 6000 years of work, 1000 years of rest.
Remember, that the millennium begins with several different but connected events. The resurrection and the 'rapture' of the saints... The wicked destroyed by the 'brightness of His coming'... And of course the second coming itself. But there is no mention of Christ or his Saints remaining on the earth... At least not yet.
That event doesn't take place until the end of the millennium, which is why amils get their confusion from. The new Jerusalem descends out of heaven and settles on the ground previously occupied by the Israelite nation.... All the Saints that were raised at the beginning, are in the city. Then the second resurrection takes place.
In the meantimee earth was Satan's prison. Bound by circumstance and no nations to deceive. Abussos.

B

brakelite

. Surely someone who wants praise, who wants to decieve people againsts Christians and against God and his Christ, would wage an active war of miracles and other things that people in their foolishness and hunger for 'the other' would flock to. Why hasn't he? Why has he kept his actions here on earth 'covert'? Why does his demons operate on the 'down-low'. Sure they have some who outright are 'Satan worhippers', but by and large they're seen as laughing stocks. Why does Satan operate in the shadows, turning people aside by any means he can, when by all reasoning, he could be, as we see suggested in Revelation, wowing the world with his powers?
I think it's because he can't.
Do you see the connection between Satan's ambitions and those of the Antichrist? The prophecy from 2Thess2:4? The reason Satan doesn't walk straight into the church, even as an angel of light, yet, is because it's too obvious. He is being more subtle, more deceptive. So Being more upfront had more to do with success in the long term than instant gratification in the short term. You know I'm an Adventist, and I have said many times that the reformers, and many even before then, recognised the papacy as the proxy... Antichrist... Who sits in the temple of God the church, claiming he is God.
And his deception is working. Very few see it. Which is entirely to be expected. But the evidence is in plain sight. The criteria that accurately and unerringly identifies the papacy as the Antichrist is clear and plain. But folk just don't want to see it because it upsets too many of their preconceived opinions and beliefs.
The number of his name...six hundred and sixty six, is the final arrow that pins the tail to the donkey. Vicarius Filei Dei.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know, as much as I like a good debate, it sometimes strikes me that the whole "Millennium...1000 years of 'peace' the Church likes to fight about" is pretty much right. But think of it! Let's say the Pre-Mills are right...that's not going to suck! Awesome earthly Kingdom with Christ in charge? I'm in! How about Amill's? Straight onto eternity? That can't suck either! What about what brakelite is suggesting? 1000 years in heaven? Sign me up!
I just don't see how we can loose here! It's actually going to be pretty cool to see who was right, and well...to just experience it. So when push comes to shove...I don't think I really care...just bring it on!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is in context of a conversation with Naomi, but may I make a comment? That word '''pit", is
12 ‭ἄβυσσος‭ abussos ‭ab’–us–sos
‭the same word used in Genesis 1:2 in the Septuagint. The same word describes the state of the earth before creation. Dark, devoid of life, barren and desolate. We believe such is an appropriate description of the state of the earth throughout the millennium. As the earth was before creation, so will the earth be before recreation. Then there is the idea of the earth having its Sabbath rest during that period. 6000 years of work, 1000 years of rest.
Remember, that the millennium begins with several different but connected events. The resurrection and the 'rapture' of the saints... The wicked destroyed by the 'brightness of His coming'... And of course the second coming itself. But there is no mention of Christ or his Saints remaining on the earth... At least not yet.
That event doesn't take place until the end of the millennium, which is why amils get their confusion from. The new Jerusalem descends out of heaven and settles on the ground previously occupied by the Israelite nation.... All the Saints that were raised at the beginning, are in the city. Then the second resurrection takes place.
In the meantimee earth was Satan's prison. Bound by circumstance and no nations to deceive. Abussos.

That is SDA theology, which also believes the earth will be made desolate and lifeless at the second coming.

Here is the meaning for pit in the Greek:

Strong's Number:
5421 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
frevar of uncertain derivation
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Phrear None
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
freh'-ar Noun Neuter
Definition
  1. a well
  2. the pit of the abyss (because the nether world is thought to increase in size the further it extends from the surface of the earth and so resemble a cistern, the orifice of which is narrow)

As for 12 ‭ἄβυσσος

Entry for Strong's #12 - ἄβυσσος
Transliteration
ábyssos
Phonetics
ab'-us-sos
00:00 / 00:02
Word Origin
from (1) (as a negative particle) and a variation of (1037)
Parts of Speech
Noun Feminine
TDNT
1:9,2
Word Definition [ Thayer | Strong | Mounce ]
Thayer's Definition
  1. bottomless
  2. unbounded
  3. the abyss
    1. the pit
    2. the immeasurable depth
    3. of Orcus, a very deep gulf or chasm in the lowest parts of the earth used as the common receptacle of the dead and especially as the abode of demons
Hebrew Equivalent Words:
Strong #: 4688 ‑ מְצוּלָה ((1,2) mets‑o‑law', (3,4) mets‑oo‑law'); 6683 ‑ צוּלָה (tsoo‑law'); 7338 ‑ רַחַב (rakh'‑ab); 8415 ‑ תְּהֹם (teh‑home', teh‑home');

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you see the connection between Satan's ambitions and those of the Antichrist? The prophecy from 2Thess2:4? The reason Satan doesn't walk straight into the church, even as an angel of light, yet, is because it's too obvious. He is being more subtle, more deceptive. So Being more upfront had more to do with success in the long term than instant gratification in the short term. You know I'm an Adventist, and I have said many times that the reformers, and many even before then, recognised the papacy as the proxy... Antichrist... Who sits in the temple of God the church, claiming he is God.
And his deception is working. Very few see it. Which is entirely to be expected. But the evidence is in plain sight. The criteria that accurately and unerringly identifies the papacy as the Antichrist is clear and plain. But folk just don't want to see it because it upsets too many of their preconceived opinions and beliefs.
The number of his name...six hundred and sixty six, is the final arrow that pins the tail to the donkey. Vicarius Filei Dei.

You know...I've never put much stock (as you know) in the whole RCC as Antichrist. But...you make a good point of hiding deception in plain sight. Perhaps it is only wise to do some digging into before making any sort of decision. Can I assume that you have all this info on your website?

B

brakelite

You know, as much as I like a good debate, it sometimes strikes me that the whole "Millennium...1000 years of 'peace' the Church likes to fight about" is pretty much right. But think of it! Let's say the Pre-Mills are right...that's not going to suck! Awesome earthly Kingdom with Christ in charge? I'm in! How about Amill's? Straight onto eternity? That can't suck either! What about what brakelite is suggesting? 1000 years in heaven? Sign me up!
I just don't see how we can loose here! It's actually going to be pretty cool to see who was right, and well...to just experience it. So when push comes to shove...I don't think I really care...just bring it on!
Yep, like i said elsewhere, it is not a hill to die on.

Reactions: Helen and Naomi25

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, warming up! Things are pretty dry here, what with the drought. So...we're hoping we don't have a bad fire season. But...all things are in his hands....and we have the blessing of air conditioning!

A lot of people dying in California this year from wildfires. More than in our history.
I know this is in context of a conversation with Naomi, but may I make a comment? That word '''pit", is 12 ‭ἄβυσσος‭ abussos ‭ab’–us–sos‭, ‭the same word used in Genesis 1:2 in the Septuagint. The same word describes the state of the earth before creation. Dark, devoid of life, barren and desolate. We believe such is an appropriate description of the state of the earth throughout the millennium.

Yeah, I was aware of the Greek word being used there. I would get into a few things with you, but I think I'm all "milleniumed out," LoL. Maybe later or something, and thanks for the post.
You know, as much as I like a good debate, it sometimes strikes me that the whole "Millennium...1000 years of 'peace' the Church likes to fight about" is pretty much right. But think of it! Let's say the Pre-Mills are right...that's not going to suck! Awesome earthly Kingdom with Christ in charge? I'm in! How about Amill's? Straight onto eternity? That can't suck either! What about what brakelite is suggesting? 1000 years in heaven? Sign me up! I just don't see how we can loose here! It's actually going to be pretty cool to see who was right, and well...to just experience it. So when push comes to shove...I don't think I really care...just bring it on!

That's kinda what was running through my mind just a while ago as well, LoL. I was also thinking, "I don't think it will take place before I go on to be with the Lord anyway, so whatever will be will be." : )

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, that bible denies the straight into eternity claim. Eternity is not for the current earthly flesh.

As well there's no 1000 years in heaven. No Christian alive today will be in the MK. They will be in the New Jerusalem in glorified bodies for eternity on the new earth. I'm already signed up.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A lot of people dying in California this year from wildfires. More than in our history.
Yeah, I know, we've been watching in the news and praying, it's quite terrible.

Yeah, I was aware of the Greek word being used there. I would get into a few things with you, but I think I'm all "milleniumed out," LoL. Maybe later or something, and thanks for the post.

That's kinda what was running through my mind just a while ago as well, LoL. I was also thinking, "I don't think it will take place before I go on to be with the Lord anyway, so whatever will be will be." : )
Ha! Yeah...sometimes theres only so many times you can go over something!

B

brakelite

You know...I've never put much stock (as you know) in the whole RCC as Antichrist. But...you make a good point of hiding deception in plain sight. Perhaps it is only wise to do some digging into before making any sort of decision. Can I assume that you have all this info on your website?
And of course, as with every successful story, there's a sequel...
Antichrist Revealed

Reactions: Naomi25
B

brakelite

I am not one to attempt to blame the devil for all the sins of mankind. We are our own worst enemies. Nevertheless, there are incidents from time to time, the senselessness of which can lead one to conclude that demon possession can be the only arch contributor. I have seen many things...read of many things......in fact we all have right?...that one can never come to the conclusion that Satan is bound...either figuratively or literally. At least not yet...
106-year-old grandmother is beaten to death while sleeping inside her humble Brazilian home by intruder who stole just $8 from her purse

Reactions: Enoch111

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, that bible denies the straight into eternity claim. Eternity is not for the current earthly flesh.

As well there's no 1000 years in heaven. No Christian alive today will be in the MK. They will be in the New Jerusalem in glorified bodies for eternity on the new earth. I'm already signed up.
Sorta missed my point and the spirit of the thing....but sure.

Reactions: Helen