amillennialism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He comes in the clouds for the rapture. No further.
Please confirm your claim with scripture.
He comes to the earth in judgment at the second coming.
Please confirm your claim with scripture.
Your questions are moot.
In other words you are not prepared to answer these questions that I had posted.

Are you prepared to die for what you believe so that God can be Glorified through your death?

Do you trust God enough to rely on His protection during any time of tribulation where your death may be a likely outcome?

Reactions: OzSpen

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The article was written by Dr. Thomas Ice, now deceased. I probably downloaded the article when I was downloading lots of the Pre-trib articles ten or more years ago, but I now make no reference to them as they do not represent God's "truth" on the matters of the End Times and when we will see Christ coming on the Clouds to Judge the world.

Shalom
Huh...is Tommy Ice dead? Hadn't heard that. Disagreed with much he wrote and taught. Suppose he knows more than us now!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Spoken by in amillennialist who rejects reading the Bible literally.
Ah, hello? I just called for focusing on a literal reading of text in question and a leaving behind of "my church father trumps your church father".
And, wouldn't a "literal" reading of John 14 be that there is NO reference to Christ's return 7 years before the end of human history? A literal reading must bring us to the conclusion that the text says Christ WILL return, but that is all. Using it to try and prove a pre-trib rapture is useless.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, hello? I just called for focusing on a literal reading of text in question and a leaving behind of "my church father trumps your church father".
And, wouldn't a "literal" reading of John 14 be that there is NO reference to Christ's return 7 years before the end of human history? A literal reading must bring us to the conclusion that the text says Christ WILL return, but that is all. Using it to try and prove a pre-trib rapture is useless.
huntin.gif

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Dispensationalists (and others) would ask, To whom is the Lord Jesus speaking in John 14: Jewish members of the synagogue? His own redeemed followers and disciples? Pre-conversion Gentiles? The answer to this maybe goes a long way in providing context to the phrase: 'I will come again, and receive you unto Myself'.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Huh...is Tommy Ice dead? Hadn't heard that. Disagreed with much he wrote and taught. Suppose he knows more than us now!

I checked up on my facts. I remember Randal Price sent out an urgent prayer request for Ice January 2018 because he had suffered a heart attack. It was Tim LaHaye who died in 2016, the co-author of the Left behind books. The trouble is that my age is well ahead of where I would like to be and my children tell me that I often confuse things.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dispensationalists (and others) would ask, To whom is the Lord Jesus speaking in John 14: Jewish members of the synagogue? His own redeemed followers and disciples? Pre-conversion Gentiles? The answer to this maybe goes a long way in providing context to the phrase: 'I will come again, and receive you unto Myself'.
He's clearly talking to his Disciples; who, sure, are Jews, but also become the first members of the Church; the first Christians. And unless we think Christ promises to take anyone other than those who believe in him to "be where he is", then I suspect that is the answer we are looking for: Christians.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I checked up on my facts. I remember Randal Price sent out an urgent prayer request for Ice January 2018 because he had suffered a heart attack. It was Tim LaHaye who died in 2016, the co-author of the Left behind books. The trouble is that my age is well ahead of where I would like to be and my children tell me that I often confuse things.
Hey....it's not just age that confuses things! I find sleep deprivation or lack of coffee play a big part in it too!
I did know that Tim LaHaye had passed on. Don't you sometimes wish someone like that could drop a line to let us all know who's got it right? It might sort out the constant back and forth. But....while I may not agree with LaHaye, I most certainly believe he's now in heaven.

D

Dave L

lol! actually YOU do that all the time. Wow. You must have a different "Word" then the actual Bible then I have. because there's so much of the scriptures that you either dismiss, or have put other meanings to.
I can prove from scripture Jesus is Amillennial. You cannot prove from scripture he is not.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Wow...that emoji is totally meaningless. Like most of your posts.
You could actually comment on the topic at hand, and we could actually have a conversation about it...but...no...what am I thinking...you'll just call me an Amillennialist and dismiss everything I post. I suppose that is the most expedient way to deal with the questions I ask and the scriptures I post.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hey....it's not just age that confuses things! I find sleep deprivation or lack of coffee play a big part in it too!
I did know that Tim LaHaye had passed on. Don't you sometimes wish someone like that could drop a line to let us all know who's got it right? It might sort out the constant back and forth. But....while I may not agree with LaHaye, I most certainly believe he's now in heaven.
I think Ms Beverley L-H is still with us, right...?

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think Ms Beverley L-H is still with us, right...?
Actually, I'm not sure about that. I'm not really an active follower, i'd just heard he'd passed. He's fairly high-profile because of his books. Books I quite enjoy, by the way! I don't see them as an accurate representation of end times, but I think they're fantastic Christian books, and anything that gets people thinking about God or Christ's return is okay by me.