Amos 3.3, a thoughtful verse: "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello amadeus,

Why would you think the reality is not present in the image?
Why would I think the reality of you is in a mirror image of you or in a statue sculptured to look like you?

Here is Paul on the subject:
For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment on himself

Peace be with you!
Indeed, which is why based on my own convictions I do not partake of the bread nor wafer nor cracker in any communion services, nor of the wine nor grape juice of same. I eat rather daily of his flesh [the scriptures] and drink of his blood [the Holy Spirit, the quickening Spirit].

Reactions: Giuliano and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there is no reference to the Lord's Supper in John 6...
At least apparently none that you have seen or heard previously from any man.

Following the Him and hearing His voice is essential, is it not? Have you never heard His voice? Do listen only to the voices of strangers?

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers" John 10:3-5

Reactions: Nancy

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why would I think the reality of you is in a mirror image of you or in a statue sculptured to look like you?

Why indeed! Jesus did not take the bread and say 'this is an image of my body' but rather 'this is my body' ... I believe Him!

Indeed, which is why based on my own convictions I do not partake of the bread nor wafer nor cracker in any communion services, nor of the wine nor grape juice of same. I eat rather daily of his flesh [the scriptures] and drink of his blood [the Holy Spirit, the quickening Spirit].

And again, Jesus did not hold up the scriptures and say 'this is my body, take and eat'

We must , each of us, follow the conviction of the Spirit.

For me, the injunction in Hebrews not to absent oneself from the assembly, or treat as an unclean thing the covenant blood that saved me, is crystal clear....

But for one who does not believe, it is indeed better to abstain...

Please dont misunderstand me. I don't mean to suggest that you do not believe in Jesus, or follow where the Spirit leads you.. I rejoice that you do...

But I know the joy of the wedding feast, of the intimate union of the Groom and His bride.. He united with us, and we through Him, united with one another...
And I would that you and all my scattered brothers and sisters could share that joy!

Peace be with you!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why indeed! Jesus did not take the bread and say 'this is an image of my body' but rather 'this is my body' ... I believe Him!

And again, Jesus did not hold up the scriptures and say 'this is my body, take and eat'

We must , each of us, follow the conviction of the Spirit.

For me, the injunction in Hebrews not to absent oneself from the assembly, or treat as an unclean thing the covenant blood that saved me, is crystal clear....

But for one who does not believe, it is indeed better to abstain...

Please dont misunderstand me. I don't mean to suggest that you do not believe in Jesus, or follow where the Spirit leads you.. I rejoice that you do...

But I know the joy of the wedding feast, of the intimate union of the Groom and His bride.. He united with us, and we through Him, united with one another...
And I would that you and all my scattered brothers and sisters could share that joy!

Peace be with you!
Thank you my friend for standing where you are without condemning those not in the same place.

Give God the glory!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ephesians 4.11-16 shows that true spiritual unity relates to truth and doctrine which unites believers with their risen Head:

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."

Reactions: Heart2Soul

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" Amos 3.3

Food for thought...
I guess it depends on the level of agreement. If it is about lima beans being good, then no. :)

There are areas where disagreement can sharpen one or both parties. I think that we have to be united in Christ, though.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I guess it depends on the level of agreement. If it is about lima beans being good, then no. :)

There are areas where disagreement can sharpen one or both parties. I think that we have to be united in Christ, though.
I think it's good to remember, as the saying goes, that unity without truth is a conspiracy.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ said about the bread "this is my body". But those who partook of it clearly understood that it was purely symbolic, yet of great significance. Had Jesus taken some of his literal flesh (cut a piece off His arm) and presented it, everyone would have been horrified (including you).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Christ said about the bread "this is my body". But those who partook of it clearly understood that it was purely symbolic, yet of great significance. Had Jesus taken some of his literal flesh (cut a piece off His arm) and presented it, everyone would have been horrified (including you).
It is indeed symbolic.

Reactions: Heart2Soul