An article of faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

never said the Bible no!

I said the doctrine of the “Bible alone”! No

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never said the Bible no!

I said the doctrine of the “Bible alone”! No

Men’s MADE-UP Doctrines ... philosophies of men ... obviously, so much better for you....

You were WARNED Against what you promote...

Col 2:
[8] Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men’s MADE-UP Doctrines ... philosophies of men ... obviously, so much better for you....

Col 2:
[8] Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Hmmm...so any doctrine that disagrees with YOUR doctrine it is a made up doctrine of men but when you.....a man I presume(?)....teach/preach YOUR doctrine it is not man made? Fascinating.....

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Col 2:

so we stick the tradition of Christ and scripture thanks

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Comprehension problem? You do just what it warns not to do.

scripture was the product of tradition

1 cor 11:23 example of tradition

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

not the Bible alone acts 2:42

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be so arrogant and smug. I said I would research it...

Agree, smug and arrogant.
However thumbing through dusty text to accredit a single Named person for anti-Christ behavior, is irrelevant.

* The Fact IS; Christ Jesus established HIS Church, HIS Doctrine, Appointed Disciples to Learn FROM Him, and SENT HIS Disciples out Being HIS Jewish Apostles, to Teach the Jews, then Tribes ABOUT: HIS Church, HIS Doctrine, Jesus, Gods TRUTH, WAY, LIFE, and Christ, Gods POWER, WISDOM, SEED.
* Then ADDITIONALLY, Sent out Saul, to Teach the Tribes, and the Same Paul to Teach the Gentiles...the SAME, HIS Church, HIS Doctrine...Christ Jesus, Gods Truth, Way, Life, Power, Wisdom, Seed.

* While the Apostles were STILL LIVING...Jews (which then as today, pretty much applies to any/all Tribesman) and Gentiles...WERE Being Preached the Gospel of Christ Jesus....In towns, cities, countrysides, synagogues, and gathering in any place, tent, field, home, building, being called a CHURCH gathering.

* What is somewhat of a mystery.
* One, (1) the 12 Apostles were INSTRUCTED to TEACH the Jews/Tribesmen, and NOT TEACH the Gentiles.
* Two, (2) Apostle Saul/Paul was INSTRUCTED to TEACH both, Jews/Tribesmen, AND Gentiles.

* The mystery...Very early on the “original” Apostles were NOT ONLY Teaching Gentiles....BUT APPOINTING GENTILES, to overseer positions....Bishops.

Was that another case of men being instructed of what expressly to DO....and DIDN’T ??

And What happened thereafter, as a RESULT of MEN NOT DOING AS INSTRUCTED?

* In Brief.... After the Deaths of the Apostles; The Church was primarily being “run/overseen” By Gentiles; The Jews/Tribesmen fell away from participating;
* And within approx 110 years (after the Apostles dying):
The Church under Gentile rulership:
* Established “Counsels” of Gentile men-
* Established “the Apostles CREED”-
* Established “a NEW Name for Christ Jesus’ Church”-
* Established “a permanent Gentile Head Position”
* Established “NEW Doctrines”-
* Established “NEW Traditions”-
* Established “NEW Rituals”-
* Established “Promotion of Continual SIN and Continual REPENTANCE”.
* Established “Schools / Texts to TEACH their Gospel, Doctrines, Traditions, Rituals, Understandings thereof.

* In Brief....After years of the implementation of that system:
* And Considering...the progress of copying, printing, distributing, men learning to read, affordability of Scriptural copies;
* Gentile Men began to CHALLENGE, what they were TOLD, with what they were Becoming ABLE to READ...as being IN CONFLICT.
* At first “counsels” ignored, rejected addressing.
* As more Men CHALLENGED...Counsels entertained hearing their CHALLENGES...Counsels DENIED a CONFLICT....Offered challengers A CHOICE...”my Catholic way or the high-way”...
* SOME men chose...”the HIGH-Way, Christ Jesus’ WAY”!

* To this DAY, Conflict remains.
* To this DAY, Men continue to exercise their FREEWILL.
* To this DAY, it remains;
Some choose the Catholic way, Some Choose Christ Jesus’ HIGH-WAY.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
scripture was the product of tradition

1 cor 11:23 example of tradition

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

not the Bible alone acts 2:42

LOL...you say, “not the Bible alone”, then reference Acts 2:42.

Acts 2:
[42] And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Jesus broke bread.
Jesus prayed.

Not shocking the Apostle’s continued in that Tradition!

Not NEWS, Catholics have established their OWN TRADITIONS, outside of the Confines of Scripture....
outside of the Confines of what Jesus did,
outside the Confines what the Apostles did.

“...not the Bible alone...”

You have said that, repeated that, repeated that to ad nauseam.
Not a Secret, you are Catholic, you Support, you Promote Catholic Traditions outside of Scripture....

I neither agree with you, nor find your support and promotion of Catholic Traditions outside of Scripture ANYTHING to brag about, be proud of, support or promote.

In fact I find Catholic Traditions outside of Scripture an abomination.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First among those who protested against heathen practices in the church was Helvidius I (c. A.D. 250-420 [sic]). blah, blah, blah...
More false history from the notorious SDA. You are appealing to known heretics, Helvidius, Jovinian, and Vigilantius? Too afraid to cite the source of this Seventh Day Adventist propaganda? Even Calvin accused Helvidius of "excessive ignorance". And you have to demonize St. Jerome. It would take several long posts to refute the nonsense in this SDA article, which would be a waste of time.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But you don't name any traditions, and have changed the meaning of "tradition" to build a straw man fallacy. There are no Catholic Traditions outside of Scripture. Sacred Traditions were well established authentic beliefs and practices (in a community you have little in common with) before the canonization of the Bible. The evidence is there for anyone who wishes to see it.

The authority of Scripture is also a Sacred Tradition. You refute yourself with invincible ignorance.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm...so any doctrine that disagrees with YOUR doctrine it is a made up doctrine of men but when you.....a man I presume(?)....teach/preach YOUR doctrine it is not man made? Fascinating.....

You are fascinated by asking me a question ... LOL

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
More false history from the notorious SDA. You are appealing to known heretics, Helvidius, Jovinian, and Vigilantius? Too afraid to cite the source of this Seventh Day Adventist propaganda? Even Calvin accused Helvidius of "excessive ignorance". And you have to demonize St. Jerome. It would take several long posts to refute the nonsense in this SDA article, which would be a waste of time.
Duchesne who was quoted...
Duchesne points out that Auxentius, for twenty years at the head of the diocese of Milan, was from Asia Minor and impressed on those regions the Syrian leadership in Christianity. Daring in his scholarship, Helvidius accused Jerome, as Jerome himself admits, of using corrupt Greek manuscripts. ⁷That part of the ecclesiastical system of the fourth century, which was peculiarly ascetic and rigid, found an impersonation in Jerome, who exhibited its worst and most repulsive traits in the whole tenor of his life and conversation. Sourness, bitterness, envy, intolerance, and dissatisfaction with every manifestation of sanctity which did not come up to his own standard, had become habitual to him, and were betrayed in almost everything that he wrote, said, or did. Censoriousness, and the spirit of invective, were amongst his most strongly marked failings, and the very best men of the age did not escape his censure.”
Was a Catholic priest and historian... The quote came from one of his books Early History of the Christian Church, 3 vols., John Murray, London, 1923.

Alfred Newman cited above was a Baptist historian who helped found the southwestern Texas theological seminary.
Now what was that you were saying about... Quote...More false history from the notorious SDA??????

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...you say, “not the Bible alone”, then reference Acts 2:42.

Acts 2:
[42] And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Jesus broke bread.
Jesus prayed.

Not shocking the Apostle’s continued in that Tradition!

Not NEWS, Catholics have established their OWN TRADITIONS, outside of the Confines of Scripture....
outside of the Confines of what Jesus did,
outside the Confines what the Apostles did.

You have said that, repeated that, repeated that to ad nauseam.
Not a Secret, you are Catholic, you Support, you Promote Catholic Traditions outside of Scripture....

I neither agree with you, nor find your support and promotion of Catholic Traditions outside of Scripture ANYTHING to brag about, be proud of, support or promote.

acts 2:42 they held to the doctrine or teaching of the apostles not the “Bible alone”

The false doctrine of the “Bible alone” rejects Jesus Christ and his teaching authority in his apostles in holy church councils, dogmas and decrees etc.

To deny this is to reject Jesus Christ and his church!

Is to reject salvation!

Lk 10:16 16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The false doctrine of the “Bible alone” rejects Jesus Christ and his teaching authority in his apostles in holy church councils, dogmas and decrees etc.

Councils, creeds, dogma’s, and decrees of the church are binding on all the faithful and are equal not only to scripture but to Christ!!!

Lk 10:16 16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as the Father sent me, so I send you! (The apostles and their successors have the SAME mission, ministry, power, and authority as Jesus Christ!

To reject Christ teaching authority in his church is to reject Christ! Lk 10:16

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

A dogma of the Catholic Church is defined as "a truth revealed by God, which the magisterium of the Church declared as binding on all the faithful, Dogma is the divinely revealed truth, declared as such by the infallible teaching authority of Jesus Christ in His holy church!

Dogma! Or De Fide! Or Thee faith!

The faith of Christians!
An inconvertible unchallengeable truth revealed by God!
Truth like God who revealed it is immutable! Unchangeable!

Christ is the truth! Jn 14:6
The church is the pillar of truth! 1 Tim 3:15

The one true church founded by Christ on the authority of the apostles is ir-reformable!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 4:5

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are steadfast in not giving logical answers....Fascinating to say the least.

I already know you want a Logical discussion regarding Spiritual things.
You have your long list of extra Biblical men, their thoughts, their ideas, that make logical sense to you, and really want others to consider THEM as well. I don’t.

Ciphering knowledge and concluding via Logic satisfies the Mind.
It is the Heart’s thoughts that satisfy the Spiritual knowledge of things.