An article of faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't be so arrogant and smug. I said I would research it...
Pope Sixtus V erected that Egyptian phallic obelisk.
It's time for a history lesson.

The Obelisk in the Piazza di San Pietro

The obelisks of the Piazza San Pietro, Piazza dell’ Esuilino, and the Piazza del Quirinale are all uninscribed. Their dates, provenances, and the reasons they were left uninscribed are not known…Neither Flinders Petrie, nor any other excavator working in the ruins of Heliopolis, has ever found an obelisk, or even a small fragment of an obelisk, that was uninscribed. The sovereigns of ancient Egypt were ever eager to decorate monuments with their own names and with phrases proclaiming their own glory, no matter what the size of the monument. The only undecorated obelisks in Egypt were unfinished ones abandoned in their quarries, and in fact one of these decoration was already in progress. More probably, the uninscribed obelisks were quarried in Egypt by the Roman emperors expressly to be taken to Rome, although it is possible that they were left incomplete because of the untimely death of the pharaoh.
OIP.mtlLFdm5b9NaEb-dBqV3FgHaI8

The Obelisk in the Piazza di San Pietro is important chiefly by its surroundings… It is made of red granite and stands 25.37 meters high. It was erected in the Julian Forum in Alexandria by order of Augustus and remained their until 37 A.D. when the Emperor Caligula ordered the forum demolished and the obelisk transferred to Rome. It was then erected in the Vatican Circus, and there it remained until its removal to the square before the Basilica of St. Peter (1586).In the Vatican Circus innumerable Christians, including St. Peter, were martyred in it's presence. That is the reason this obelisk was not later overturned as were all the others in Rome.

Pope Sixtus V appointed engineer Domenico Fontana to move the obelisk from the Vatican Circus…

April 28, 1586, Fontana and his men attended Mass at 2:AM, and later offered public prayers for the success of this feat….

Dedication ceremonies, Mass, and a procession with the entire papal court went to the obelisk. More prayers were offered and the obelisk was purified, and surmounted with a cross.

Source: By former Chief Inspector of Antiquities, an Egyptian archeologist who has published several books on Egyptology, as well as many articles in many journals.
Obelisks of the World, by Labib Habachi, Scribner’s Sons, 1974, page 74-75

*On the top of the obelisk is a cross. Inside this cross, is a relic of the true cross. The obelisk at the Vatican stood in the presence of hundreds of the earliest Christian martyrs. The obelisk is a monument to them, not to the beliefs of its makers who killed them… To accuse Catholicism of paganism because of a monument to our roots is an insult to the deaths of the martyrs who refused to pay homage to Roman gods.

The gravestone of Ellen G. White, your foundress, is an "Egyptian phallic obelisk":

OIP.auBgmm1An7uJi6M0Os_U_AHaKJ

I believe it was Pope Alexander 12th who sponsored the dressing and building of the occult solar wheel in St Peters square.
This is an aerial view of St. Peter's square directly overtop of the obelisk:

R.7c2ef2506f03424d482543517b75ec23

The alleged "occult solar wheel" exists only in the irrational minds of the I-hate-Catholicism club.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is the teaching of the Apostles, if not IN the Bible?
For starters - the Didache (Teachings iof the Twelve Apostles).
This 1st century document, written while they were still alive, gives us the FIRST explicit instructions of HOW to Baptise a person:
The Didache, Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism
And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have not living water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm. But if you have not either, pour out water thrice upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit.

It's also where the KJV gets the concluding doxology of the Lord's Prater in Matt. 6:13:
"For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever."

Any other questions?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For starters - the Didache (Teachings iof the Twelve Apostles).
This 1st century document, written while they were still alive, gives us the FIRST explicit instructions of HOW to Baptise a person:
The Didache, Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism
And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have not living water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm. But if you have not either, pour out water thrice upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit.

It's also where the KJV gets the concluding doxology of the Lord's Prater in Matt. 6:13:

Any other questions?

The Lord's Teaching Through the Twelve Apostles to the Nations
“The Didache”.

Obscure supposed Writing, Unknown author, students debate over date of the writing, without notice of such debaters having examined the supposed writings.
Opinions of how to perform water rituals.

Clearly the God Himself revealed a water ritual and intent to John the Baptist.
Clearly John the Baptist revealed the limit of his water baptism ritual.
Clearly John the Baptist introduced the One whose Baptism was without water and without limit.

For starters -

Not one Scripture reveals The Lords Teaching Through the Twelve Apostles of a protocol of a Church ritual involving water baptisms.

No matter how many times a person is sprinkled, dipped, emerged in water....The Lord Gods Teaching to His Apostles was ABOUT CLEANSING the INSIDE of a man, by, through, of Christ the Lord Jesus.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord's Teaching Through the Twelve Apostles to the Nations
“The Didache”.

Obscure supposed Writing, Unknown author, students debate over date of the writing, without notice of such debaters having examined the supposed writings.
Opinions of how to perform water rituals.

Clearly the God Himself revealed a water ritual and intent to John the Baptist.
Clearly John the Baptist revealed the limit of his water baptism ritual.
Clearly John the Baptist introduced the One whose Baptism was without water and without limit.

Not one Scripture reveals The Lords Teaching Through the Twelve Apostles of a protocol of a Church ritual involving water baptisms.

No matter how many times a person is sprinkled, dipped, emerged in water....The Lord Gods Teaching to His Apostles was ABOUT CLEANSING the INSIDE of a man, by, through, of Christ the Lord Jesus.
That's precisely the kind of evasive nonsense I've come to expect from you.

We weren't discussing YOUR opinions about the Didache. I was reasponding to YOUR claom that everything the Apostles taught ewas written down in Scripture.
Paul Himself tells us that this is NOT the case:
2 Thess 2:15
"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, whether by an ORAL STATEMENT or by a LETTER from us."

2 Thess. 3:6
"Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us"

1 Cor. 11:2
"I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you".

So, now with the Didach AND with Scripture itself - I have shown you that NOT eveything that the Apostles taught was written down in Scripture.
If not everything that Jesus taught them could fit in the Bible (John 1:25) - HOW in the world would it fit the writings of ALL of the Apostles who ALL learned from HIM, Einstein?

Oh, and I also noticed that you completely ignored - out of toral confusion - the reference to the ending doxology in Matt. 6:13 - which ORIGINATED iin the Didache:

This was a footnote writte n on the edge of a manuscript that was eventiually included into Scrip[tural translkations, according to the PROTESTANT author, Rev. Henry G. Graham, in his book, "Where we Got the Bible: Our Debt To The Catholic Church".

Try ro respond intelligently this time by actualy ADDRESSING the points I've made.
And leave the petty denials at the door . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We weren't discussing YOUR opinions about the Didache. I was reasponding to YOUR claom that everything the Apostles taught ewas written down in Scripture.
Paul Himself tells us that this is NOT the case:
"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, whether by an ORAL STATEMENT or by a LETTER from us."

“FROM US”...
Is the highlight. The didache is an unknown author!

2 Thess. 3:6
"Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us"

“FROM US”...

1 Cor. 11:2
"I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you".

“From Paul”...

Try ro respond intelligently this time by actualy ADDRESSING the points I've made.
And leave the petty denials at the door . . .

I find it WORTHY to trust the source the Lord provided, rather than some obscure source that you favor.
I don’t find it PETTY to trust Scriptural sources and reject your Non-Scriptural sources.
If that is not to your liking, and your immaturity of showing your dislike is a temper tantrum and accusations...per usual that simply a reflection on you.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“FROM US”...

“FROM US”...

“From Paul”...
CORRECTION:
I wasn't simply talking about the Didache - which is written.

Paul
emphatically statrs
"Stand firm and
hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, whether by an
ORAL STATEMENT or by a LETTER from us."

This is explicitly talking about OTRAL Traidition - and NOT just what is written.
Just as the Jews has the Tora (the written) and the ORAL Tradition - Christianity, which is the fulfillment of Judaism ALSO has its written (Bible) and ORAL Tradition.

A shining example of this Tradition that is NOT listed in Scripture is the Canon of the New Testament.
Scripture does NOT contain a list of Books that bel,ing in it. This was declared by the Church in the 4th century. There were many different "canons" floating around but the Church had the FINAL say - as ordained by Christ Himself:
"WHATEVER YOU lose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven and WHATEVER YOU bind oon earth will be bound in Heaven" (Matt. 16:19, Matt. 18:8).
I find it WORTHY to trust the source the Lord provided, rather than some obscure source that you favor.
I don’t find it PETTY to trust Scriptural sources and reject your Non-Scriptural sources.
If that is not to your liking, and your immaturity of showing your dislike is a temper tantrum and accusations...per usual that simply a reflection on you.
It's absolutely petty - especially in light of the fact that YOU can't recoincile the fact that the concluding doxology of the Lord's Prayer found in Matt. 6:13 in the KJV is FROM the Didache.
OR that corroborrating historical evidence of this fact is found on the pages of a PROTESTANT work, Rev. Henry G. Graham's book, "Where we Got the Bible: Our Debt To The Catholic Church".

Gee - I WONDER why you can't seem to address this . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's absolutely petty - especially in light of the fact that YOU can't recoincile the fact that the concluding doxology of the Lord's Prayer found in Matt. 6:13 in the KJV is FROM the Didache.
OR that corroborrating historical evidence of this fact is found on the pages of a PROTESTANT work, Rev. Henry G. Graham's book, "Where we Got the Bible: Our Debt To The Catholic Church".

It has been addressed multiple times.

1) Scriptural “SOURCE” is paramount.
Pertaining to “godly knowledge”...Whatever is said, spoken, heard, orally, from memory, from notes, from letters, from writings, called doctrines, called a didache, called a catechism, called whatever...
......it is PARAMOUNT the VALIDITY can be VERIFIED IN SCRIPTURE.

2) It is not a SECRET; every WORSHIP (center, building, Church, Mosque, or whatever the building is called)...has an ESTABLISHED...BASIC “STATEMENT” of BELIEF...
AND established protocols, hierarchies, rituals, methods, traditions, etc.

3) It is not a SECRET; NOT every worship “CENTER” (even within the same “BASIC STATEMENT OF BELIEF”)
DO NOT ALL HAVE the same established protocols, hierarchies, rituals, methods, traditions, etc.

It is not a secret; disputes arise BETWEEN “Basic Statements of Beliefs” between different SECTS.

It is not a secret; disputes arise BETWEEN Sects “WITHOUT the SAME Basic Statements of Belief”.

It is not a secret; disputes arise BETWEEN Sects “WITHOUT” the SAME Worship Centers, established protocols, hierarchies, rituals, methods, traditions, etc. OF DIFFERENT Worship Centers.

* YOUR PERSONAL MISSION, as you have repeatedly announced, and revealed by your own words.....
IS TO personally attack, assault every person who does NOT Agree with “YOUR personally chosen “Worship Center”...
And
“YOUR personally chosen agreement to adhere to YOUR Worship centers’ established protocols, hierarchies, rituals, methods, traditions, etc.”

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"WHATEVER YOU lose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven and WHATEVER YOU bind oon earth will be bound in Heaven" (Matt. 16:19, Matt. 18:8).

Binding is “Forbidding”.
Loosing is “Allowing”.

Keys are “Authority”.

“Authority” GIVEN BY the Lord God, IS expressly contingent on the AUTHORITY to be exercised, IS WITHIN the confines OF the Word of God.

Heads of household are given “authority”
Presidents are given “authority”.
Congress is given “authority”.
Governors are given “authority’.
Teachers are given “authority”.
The Apostles were given “authority”...
....And EACH given “authority”, are given that “authority” WITHIN confines OF; Standards, Principles, Constitutions, Laws, BiLaws, Rules, Established BY the Standards and Principles OF the Lord God.

* YOU have declared yourself as a CATHOLIC Teacher, as a BIBLICAL Teacher, as you somehow have been Designated with the “KEYS” of Authority to “BIND”...forbid and “LOOSE”...allow....Judgements AGAINST people ..... WHO have NOT chosen to submit to YOUR CHOSEN CATHOLIC worship centers ... and OF that Centers, protocols, methods, rituals, etc.....
AS IF, without proof of your “appointment”,
AS IF, without Biblical Verification (your anti-sola scriptura), of whatever you declare is Forbidden or Allowed or Required.

* YOUR PERSONAL ATTACKS, of anti-Catholic, boo hoo AS IF,that” carries some mystical detrimental judgement against the person, BECAUSE YOU declared it.

The Lord Gods WORD, is Gods ... Constitution, (so to speak), that establishes the confines of Binding and Loosing Authority.

Peter and the other Apostles, and the additional 70 Disciples Jesus appointed, have/had the authority to Bind and Loose...According to the established LIMITS of Gods Word....AND Gods WORKS within them

Luke 10:
[1] After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
[3] Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

You are stuck in Catholicity as “your authority”...to bind, to loose.
That is not taught in Scripture.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Binding is “Forbidding”.
Loosing is “Allowing”.
Keys are “Authority”.
“Authority” GIVEN BY the Lord God, IS expressly contingent on the AUTHORITY to be exercised, IS WITHIN the confines OF the Word of God.

Heads of household are given “authority”
Presidents are given “authority”.
Congress is given “authority”.
Governors are given “authority’.
Teachers are given “authority”.
The Apostles were given “authority”...
....And EACH given “authority”, are given that “authority” WITHIN confines OF; Standards, Principles, Constitutions, Laws, BiLaws, Rules, Established BY the Standards and Principles OF the Lord God.

* YOU have declared yourself as a CATHOLIC Teacher, as a BIBLICAL Teacher, as you somehow have been Designated with the “KEYS” of Authority to “BIND”...forbid and “LOOSE”...allow....Judgements AGAINST people ..... WHO have NOT chosen to submit to YOUR CHOSEN CATHOLIC worship centers ... and OF that Centers, protocols, methods, rituals, etc.....
AS IF, without proof of your “appointment”,
AS IF, without Biblical Verification (your anti-sola scriptura), of whatever you declare is Forbidden or Allowed or Required.

* YOUR PERSONAL ATTACKS, of anti-Catholic, boo hoo AS IF,that” carries some mystical detrimental judgement against the person, BECAUSE YOU declared it.

The Lord Gods WORD, is Gods ... Constitution, (so to speak), that establishes the confines of Binding and Loosing Authority.

Peter and the other Apostles, and the additional 70 Disciples Jesus appointed, have/had the authority to Bind and Loose...According to the established LIMITS of Gods Word....AND Gods WORKS within them

Luke 10:
[1] After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
[3] Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

You are stuck in Catholicity as “your authority”...to bind, to loose.
That is not taught in Scripture.
And YOUR definition of the "confines of the Word of God" is completely UNBIBLICAL.

The Word of God was NEVER confined ONLY to what was written. As I educated you in my last post - in Judaism, there was the ORAL Traditon that was on par with the Written Tradition. The Word of God was containd in BOTH.

This is NO different within Chrisatianity (2 Thess. 2:15) - which is the fulfillment of Judaism - NOT the replacement. And there is NO expiration date on 2 Thess 2L15.
THIS is why Jesus told the leaaders of His Church:
Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

He DIDN'T say - "Whoever reads and rejects the Bible . . ."

If they won't listeen to His Church - they won't believe what the Bible says, either.
Tnat's why there are so many thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering factions that ALL teach different doctrines based on their OWN personal interpretations of Scripture.
And from that gaggle - there are millioons of "Lone Rangers" like yourself . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been addressed multiple times.
1) Scriptural “SOURCE” is paramount.
Pertaining to “godly knowledge”...Whatever is said, spoken, heard, orally, from memory, from notes, from letters, from writings, called doctrines, called a didache, called a catechism, called whatever...
......it is PARAMOUNT the VALIDITY can be VERIFIED IN SCRIPTURE.

2) It is not a SECRET; every WORSHIP (center, building, Church, Mosque, or whatever the building is called)...has an ESTABLISHED...BASIC “STATEMENT” of BELIEF...
AND established protocols, hierarchies, rituals, methods, traditions, etc.

3) It is not a SECRET; NOT every worship “CENTER” (even within the same “BASIC STATEMENT OF BELIEF”)
DO NOT ALL HAVE the same established protocols, hierarchies, rituals, methods, traditions, etc.

It is not a secret; disputes arise BETWEEN “Basic Statements of Beliefs” between different SECTS.

It is not a secret; disputes arise BETWEEN Sects “WITHOUT the SAME Basic Statements of Belief”.

It is not a secret; disputes arise BETWEEN Sects “WITHOUT” the SAME Worship Centers, established protocols, hierarchies, rituals, methods, traditions, etc. OF DIFFERENT Worship Centers.

No - it's beem AVOIDED multiple times.

I have challeneged you THREE times now to reconcile the fact that the concluding doxology of the Lord's Prayer found in Matt. 6:13 in the KJV is FROM the Didache.
AND that corroborrating historical evidence of this fact is found on the pages of a PROTESTANT work, Rev. Henry G. Graham's book, "Where we Got the Bible: Our Debt To The Catholic Church".

And THREE times, you've dodged this.
It's NOT included in MOST translations because it was simply a footnote from one of the many Greek manuscripots.

SO - if you reject the Didache as authentic teaching - WHY was this verbiage FROM the Didache incliuded in your Protestant KJV, hmmmm??
* YOUR PERSONAL MISSION, as you have repeatedly announced, and revealed by your own words.....
IS TO personally attack, assault every person who does NOT Agree with “YOUR personally chosen “Worship Center”...
And
“YOUR personally chosen agreement to adhere to YOUR Worship centers’ established protocols, hierarchies, rituals, methods, traditions, etc.”
WRONG.

As I've stated MANY times on this forum - MY mission is simply to expose people like YOU, whi lie with impunity spread ALL manner of verbal filth about Catholics and what we allegedly "believe".

The fact that it bothers you so much tells me that I must have really struck a nerve . . .

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For starters - the Didache (Teachings iof the Twelve Apostles). . . .It's also where the KJV gets the concluding doxology of the Lord's Prater in Matt. 6:13:

Any other questions?

Just one right now. It's likely that the kingdom-power-glory ending to the verse found in the KJV was not in Matthew's original, since we don't find the phrase in our earliest known manuscripts like Codex Sinaiticus, Codex Vaticanus or Codex Bezae, although we do in Codex Washingtonensis. And Luke 11:2-4 omits it as well. So it certainly appears to have come from some post-Matthean source.

And it is found (sort of) in the Didache (minus the "kingdom"reference). But before concluding that the Didache is THE source for the KJV's rendition, I would like to hear a little more on the subject (and perhaps on the sources of the Didache itself). What can you share with me?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
didache, creeds, councils and decrees, and dogma!
Most of which has denied even the apostels and JESUS of said bible .
When creeds , councils , decrees , contradict what was already in that bible , THAT IS WHEN ONE OUGHT TO FLEE such things .
BUT nope many still sit under the CC as though her decrees were of GOD himself .
But GOD is not evil nor does he contradict himself . YET how often popes have not only contradicted GOD
but even themselves . AND YET folks still sit under them . Rather odd huh .......
Should have stuck to the bible . yep , should have stuck to the bible .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so we stick the tradition of Christ and scripture thanks
Oh no ya dont . Now had you said we stick to the tradition of men who preached another jesus , THEN i would have agreed .
Time to return to the bible and do hurry . cause man dont even know the hour of his own death
NOR does he know the coming of Christ . Both of which cant no POPE or catholic pray ye out of .
Once sentenced to the lake of fire TIS TOO late . and once one dies , TOO late to pray them out of their final destination .
And ps prayers to mary , saints and angels , GOD WONT be hearing either .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And YOUR definition of the "confines of the Word of God" is completely UNBIBLICAL.

The Word of God was NEVER confined ONLY to what was written. As I educated you in my last post - in Judaism, there was the ORAL Traditon that was on par with the Written Tradition. The Word of God was containd in BOTH.

This is NO different within Chrisatianity (2 Thess. 2:15) - which is the fulfillment of Judaism - NOT the replacement. And there is NO expiration date on 2 Thess 2L15.
THIS is why Jesus told the leaaders of His Church:
Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

He DIDN'T say - "Whoever reads and rejects the Bible . . ."

If they won't listeen to His Church - they won't believe what the Bible says, either.
Tnat's why there are so many thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering factions that ALL teach different doctrines based on their OWN personal interpretations of Scripture.
And from that gaggle - there are millioons of "Lone Rangers" like yourself . . .

Good grief...This is NOT for your benefit, but for others who might read. I am already consigned to the fact you are stiffnecked.

The Lord chose and appoint Jewish men, and they were called Disciples as long as THEY chose to follow Jesus and Learn from Him. (The original 12, one deflected)

Others heard some and decided to follow along, learning more.
Others during Jesus’ Day, were further appointed by Jesus to go among the people and teach and preach.
(Seventy additional) Luke 1:17

The teaching and preaching of Gods Word, is appointed to be carried on by men.
~ Men who feel “a calling”, may choose to go to seminary, and start a Church or be hired by an existing Church.
~ Men whose daddy will only pay for college if the kid will go to seminary school, may use that advantage, whether or not they feel called, or it be their personal desire.

Point being, a person teaching/preaching, According to Gods’ WAY, is with HIS WORD!

Thus...Luke 10:16 Doesn’t matter WHO, what ‘name’ “what gender”, what “race”, what “age” the teacher of a ‘denomination’, a particular Church calls itself...ALL are teaching ACCORDING TO Gods Word.
Luke 10:
[16] He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

WHEN a person attends ANY particular church and the teacher/preacher/cleric SPEAKS, orally, reading, uses a projector, whatever....the Listener, is taught to Verify with Scripture “WHAT they are hearing”, IS true...or not.

If it True in Scripture....trust to believe it.
If it is NOT True in Scripture...challenge it, walk away, believe the lie.
...Consider you are listening to a FALSE preacher.

Jesus warned of FALSE preachers.
If you are verifying a FALSE preacher with FALSE writings outside of Scripture, you are ignoring the Lord Gods ORDER and WAY.

It is not a some rocket science test, to verify with Scripture what you hear preached.

It is VERY SUSPECT, when men declare the irrelevance of Scripture and argue with their pocket full of men’s “writings, letters, sayings” as their evidence to believe what they believe.

@BreadOfLife purports all Catholic clerics teach “according to the rules of the Catholic Church”....I agree they probably do.

@BreadOfLife purports the “the ‘rule’ of the Catholic Church” do not HAVE TO FALL within the Confines of “according to the Word of God”.

I agree the Catholic Church had decided its OWN confines, and they do not ALL fall within the Confines of Word of God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - it's beem AVOIDED multiple times.

I have challeneged you THREE times now to reconcile the fact that the concluding doxology of the Lord's Prayer found in Matt. 6:13 in the KJV is FROM the Didache.
AND that corroborrating historical evidence of this fact is found on the pages of a PROTESTANT work, Rev. Henry G. Graham's book, "Where we Got the Bible: Our Debt To The Catholic Church".

And THREE times, you've dodged this.
It's NOT included in MOST translations because it was simply a footnote from one of the many Greek manuscripots.

SO - if you reject the Didache as authentic teaching - WHY was this verbiage FROM the Didache incliuded in your Protestant KJV, hmmmm??

WRONG.

As I've stated MANY times on this forum - MY mission is simply to expose people like YOU, whi lie with impunity spread ALL manner of verbal filth about Catholics and what we allegedly "believe".

The fact that it bothers you so much tells me that I must have really struck a nerve . . .

The Lords Prayer is lovely. It is a “manner” of prayer for men to follow.
I will not presume you understand that a “manner” of a prayer means, an example.

Henry G. Graham - a Protestant....whoah...ooh, ooh, guess I’d better follow whatever he says.....LOL LOL :D not!
Don’t care what other men say, believe, do.
I owe no debt to you or any other Catholic man.
* Jesus directed and Jews wrote the NT!

Your mission is to expose your Anti-Protestant views and Protestant criticisms...
AS IF,
You are the sole authority on what Catholics teach, preach, believe, do.
* Too Bad, because you DO NOT speak for what every Catholic believes, says or does....regardless of your “churches” rules.

* Me repeating what a Catholic tells me...doesn’t make me anti-Catholic....duh, it makes the Catholic speaker NOT adhering to their own “churches” so called “rules and requirements”!

* I know that is too much for you to handle, that there dare be Catholics that DO NOT bend and yield to every rule, doctrine, requirement the Catholic Church advocates....So what? You deal with your own “splintered” church. Not my problem.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just one right now. It's likely that the kingdom-power-glory ending to the verse found in the KJV was not in Matthew's original, since we don't find the phrase in our earliest known manuscripts like Codex Sinaiticus, Codex Vaticanus or Codex Bezae, although we do in Codex Washingtonensis. And Luke 11:2-4 omits it as well. So it certainly appears to have come from some post-Matthean source.

And it is found (sort of) in the Didache (minus the "kingdom"reference). But before concluding that the Didache is THE source for the KJV's rendition, I would like to hear a little more on the subject (and perhaps on the sources of the Didache itself). What can you share with me?
I didn't say that the Didache was THE sourse for the KJV's usage of thie concluding doxoloxy in Matt. 10:16.
It was an indirect source.

The actual source was said to have been a footnote on a manuscript, according to the book I referenced, Rev. Henry G. Graham's, Where We Got The Bible: Our Debt To The Catholic Church.
It's a fairly short - but very interesting read.

Here's a little more historucal light on the matter from Catholic Answers:
"... the verse in question is not included in the “oldest and best” biblical manuscripts, and is therefore not considered by the majority of biblical scholars today, whether Catholic or Protestant, to be part of the original biblical text. The King James Version of the Bible is based on the Textus Receptus, which itself was not based on the oldest manuscripts we have today. Neither Codex Sinaiticus nor Vaticanus contains the verse—in fact, the earliest witness we have to the longer ending of the Our Father is a late fourth- or early fifth-century parchment called Codex Washingtonensis.

The English wording of the Our Father that Protestants use today reflects the version based on the English version of the Bible produced by Tyndale in 1525. Tyndale’s version was not found in the liturgical tradition of western Christendom until the 1637 Scottish Book of Common Prayer. And although the longer ending remains popular today, there are many Bibles that do not include it. Catholic Bible translations (e.g., the Vulgate, the Douay-Rheims, or the New American) have never included it, and most Protestant Bibles do not either.[1] Even modern versions of the King James includes a footnote stating that the phrase is omitted in older manuscripts.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lords Prayer is lovely. It is a “manner” of prayer for men to follow.
I will not presume you understand that a “manner” of a prayer means, an example.

Henry G. Graham - a Protestant....whoah...ooh, ooh, guess I’d better follow whatever he says.....LOL LOL :D not!
Don’t care what other men say, believe, do.
I owe no debt to you or any other Catholic man.
* Jesus directed and Jews wrote the NT!

Your mission is to expose your Anti-Protestant views and Protestant criticisms...
AS IF,
You are the sole authority on what Catholics teach, preach, believe, do.
* Too Bad, because you DO NOT speak for what every Catholic believes, says or does....regardless of your “churches” rules.

* Me repeating what a Catholic tells me...doesn’t make me anti-Catholic....duh, it makes the Catholic speaker NOT adhering to their own “churches” so called “rules and requirements”!

And once AGAIN - this isn't about your rejection of the Lord's Prayer as a prayer.

It's about YOUR earlier claim that EVERYTHING the Apostles taught was eventually written down in Scripture.
Ummm - Scripture doesn't even make that claim . . .

And I'm not the "Sole Authority" on anything - and never claimed to be..
That's just more of YOUR manure . . .
* I know that is too much for you to handle, that there dare be Catholics that DO NOT bend and yield to every rule, doctrine, requirement the Catholic Church advocates....So what? You deal with your own “splintered” church. Not my problem.
Yup - they called, "Dissidents, or "Protestants" . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief...This is NOT for your benefit, but for others who might read. I am already consigned to the fact you are stiffnecked.

The Lord chose and appoint Jewish men, and they were called Disciples as long as THEY chose to follow Jesus and Learn from Him. (The original 12, one deflected)

Others heard some and decided to follow along, learning more.
Others during Jesus’ Day, were further appointed by Jesus to go among the people and teach and preach.
(Seventy additional) Luke 1:17

The teaching and preaching of Gods Word, is appointed to be carried on by men.
~ Men who feel “a calling”, may choose to go to seminary, and start a Church or be hired by an existing Church.
~ Men whose daddy will only pay for college if the kid will go to seminary school, may use that advantage, whether or not they feel called, or it be their personal desire.

Point being, a person teaching/preaching, According to Gods’ WAY, is with HIS WORD!

Thus...Luke 10:16 Doesn’t matter WHO, what ‘name’ “what gender”, what “race”, what “age” the teacher of a ‘denomination’, a particular Church calls itself...ALL are teaching ACCORDING TO Gods Word.
Luke 10:
[16] He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

WHEN a person attends ANY particular church and the teacher/preacher/cleric SPEAKS, orally, reading, uses a projector, whatever....the Listener, is taught to Verify with Scripture “WHAT they are hearing”, IS true...or not.

If it True in Scripture....trust to believe it.
If it is NOT True in Scripture...challenge it, walk away, believe the lie.
...Consider you are listening to a FALSE preacher.

Jesus warned of FALSE preachers.
If you are verifying a FALSE preacher with FALSE writings outside of Scripture, you are ignoring the Lord Gods ORDER and WAY.

It is not a some rocket science test, to verify with Scripture what you hear preached.
And YOU wouldn't even know what "Scripture" was if the Catholic Church hadn't told you WHICH Books were Scripture . . .
It is VERY SUSPECT, when men declare the irrelevance of Scripture and argue with their pocket full of men’s “writings, letters, sayings” as their evidence to believe what they believe.
@BreadOfLife purports all Catholic clerics teach “according to the rules of the Catholic Church”....I agree they probably do.

@BreadOfLife purports the “the ‘rule’ of the Catholic Church” do not HAVE TO FALL within the Confines of “according to the Word of God”.

I agree the Catholic Church had decided its OWN confines, and they do not ALL fall within the Confines of Word of God.
And your idiocy above in RED shows that you've never read a single line of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
If you HAD - you would know that virtually EVERY paragraphe is backed up by VOLUMES of Scriptural footnotes and cross-references.

"Irrelevance" of Scripture, indeed. Maybe for YOU . . .

As for the "confines of the Word of God" - your failure to understand this phrase is your downfall.