An article of faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
There is nothing in the passage that says Mary was a virgin before during and after the birth of Christ, you my friend are a shameless liar..

The bible never says what you are writing here. Are you really that silly? Do you not know that everyone has access to a bible nowadays? There is no mention of a perpetual virgin in the bible. You have been fooled.

You are right Saint Augustine is an idiot, and so are you to believe him. His words are not scripture.

mary is both virgin and mother

that’s what so miraculous about it
There is only one virgin-mother

and the Lord is with Her! Lk 1:28

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess they chose to be smart.

Why should I be a christian when God does not command me to be? It is Saint Augustine the idiot who commands you to be a christian... and to worship the pagan trinity...Those things are not in the bible.

pagan means the worship of creation

God is uncreated and eternal!

Father, son, and Holy Spirit

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)
Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone. The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone. The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten; he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly there is one Father, not three fathers; there is one Son, not three sons;
there is one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

Nothing in this trinity is before or after,
nothing is greater or smaller; in their entirety the three persons are coeternal and coequal with each other.

So in everything, as was said earlier,
we must worship their trinity in their unity and their unity in their trinity.

Anyone then who desires to be saved
should think thus about the trinity.

But it is necessary for eternal salvation
that one also believe in the incarnation
of our Lord Jesus Christ faithfully.

Now this is the true faith:

That we believe and confess
that our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son,
is both God and human, equally.

He is God from the essence of the Father,
begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity.

Although he is God and human,
yet Christ is not two, but one.
He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself.He is one,
certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person.
For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human.

He suffered for our salvation; he descended to hell; he arose from the dead; he ascended to heaven; he is seated at the Father's right hand; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. At his coming all people will arise bodily and give an accounting of their own deeds. Those who have done good will enter eternal life, and those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

This is the catholic faith:
one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of hosts!

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
In order to be believed (without error) an article of faith must be proposed by holy mother church! Matt 28:19

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
You need to show the apostles doing that, sir. If Jesus really told the apostles to do it that way they would have done it.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)
Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone. The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone. The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten; he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly there is one Father, not three fathers; there is one Son, not three sons;
there is one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

Nothing in this trinity is before or after,
nothing is greater or smaller; in their entirety the three persons are coeternal and coequal with each other.

So in everything, as was said earlier,
we must worship their trinity in their unity and their unity in their trinity.

Anyone then who desires to be saved
should think thus about the trinity.

But it is necessary for eternal salvation
that one also believe in the incarnation
of our Lord Jesus Christ faithfully.

Now this is the true faith:

That we believe and confess
that our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son,
is both God and human, equally.

He is God from the essence of the Father,
begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity.

Although he is God and human,
yet Christ is not two, but one.
He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself.He is one,
certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person.
For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human.

He suffered for our salvation; he descended to hell; he arose from the dead; he ascended to heaven; he is seated at the Father's right hand; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. At his coming all people will arise bodily and give an accounting of their own deeds. Those who have done good will enter eternal life, and those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

This is the catholic faith:
one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of hosts!
that foolishness is not from the apostles. Nowhere does the scripture teach us to believe that creed or the catholic faith...

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
pagan means the worship of creation

God is uncreated and eternal!

Father, son, and Holy Spirit
Pagan means that a person does not worship your version of God. To the Jews Jesus was a pagan. We don't know where God came from, so you are making assumptions. The scripture does not say..."God is uncreated and eternal"...It says God is eternal. You are adding lies to the scripture.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
I know I'm not equipped to decide that. I have an opinion but I'm not puffed up enough to think I can decide that on my own.
This is not about opinions, it is about what is written in the scriptures.Why do you reject what is written in the scripture?

Enoch isn't Canon because it's too gnostic.
Who determines what is canon and by what authority?
I can understand why that might be difficult for someone who believes Sola Scriptura to discern.
You understand nothing, if you did we wouldn't be having this conversation.

That Scripture executes divine authority.
God doesn't just give every one His authority who wants it. Does he?
When did God ever do that.
The scriptures do not do anything on their own. You are conflating God and the scripture. When did God say that scripture executes divine authority? You are making up lies and posting them as doctrine.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
the problem is it's a book written long after Enoch was taken.
Likewise, the NT was written long after the apostles were dead
You are giving symbols authority over men.
I am not giving anything authority over anyone.
A sacred author can reference a book that isn't Holy to help conceptualize and express his that is holy.
That is your problem. Jude did not reference a book, he referenced, Enoch prophesying. If you were a smart person you would inquire where he got his information from. If he got his information from the Book of Enoch, then the book of Enoch has bible prophesy in it.

Yes Jasher... now go look for Jasher in your bible...

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Protestant fundamentalism is based on pride, presumption, and arrogance!
The doctrine of demons has built in vices!

Jn 8:32 the truth shall make you free! So false doctrine shall hold you in bondage!

Spiritual blindness![/QUOTE] What does this have to do with anything I wrote?. You reject the truth and follow a lie. And I will prove it to you.

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!
Paul was not acting righteously neither did he have correct faith... You posted the passage that says othrewise...Acts 9... And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
How could Paul be acting righteously with correct faith while persecuting Jesus at the same time?

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
You refuted yourself with your own post

Thy zeal has blinded thee to the truth!

True Christians are humble, obedient and faithful! The just live by faith!

The nature of pride always says no I will not serve, like the father of pride! Pride always protests and lives in rebellion!

The source of truth and the rule of faith is Christ and His church!

To reject the church or her teaching is to reject Christ who founded her and commanded her to teach all nations! Matt 16:18 and 28:19 Matt 18:19 must hear the church 1 Tim 3:15 pillar and foundation of truth.

Protestant fundamentalism is
Pure spiritual blindness, thick black scales!

Spiritual anarchy and chaos!
So why are you teaching lies? You think that you are doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith! I asked you before to show me where the apostles baptized anyone using that formula. You are yet to show me.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
It is unlawful to reject a divinely revealed truth that is taught by holy mother church at the command of Jesus Christ! Jude 1:3 Matt 28:19 taught, proposed without the possibility of error! Jn 16:13 Thee faith eph 4:5
Thee Faith Catholic and Divine!
/QUOTE]
There is no mother church... in the scripture

also it is unlawful to believe any heresy or errors!

ancient faith of the apostles acts 2:42
yet you believe this...Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.
...which is not written in the scripture.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
isa 22:21-22 father & keys

Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 founded on Peter (keys) and the apostles

Jn 20:21 same mission power and authority as Christ

Jn 10:16 one church

Major covenants!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18)

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal) All men!

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people. All men!

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world. All men!

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. All men!

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. All men!

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal) All men!

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

Kingdom

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

the holy Catholic Church

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

And His authorized ministers that He Himself appointed!

Matt 16:18-19 & 28:28 eph 2:20 Jn 20:21-23

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
Those are your misunderstanding of the scripture...You keep putting in things where they don't belong...That is called raping.

There is no mention of a catholic church or a pope in the scripture. And don'tt start me with the child-molesting priests. The RCC is responsible for the destruction of many nations killing and enslaving millions under the name of christianity. When did God authorize that?

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
mary is both virgin and mother
She had babies sir... therefore she can no longer be a virgin...
that’s what so miraculous about it
There is only one virgin-mother

and the Lord is with Her! Lk 1:28
The miracle is that she had a baby without having sex. But after the baby is born there is no hymen, so she can no longer be a virgin. Your willful ignorance is amazing. Do you actually know what a virgin is? There can be no such thing as a virgin mother.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures do not do anything on their own. You are conflating God and the scripture. When did God say that scripture executes divine authority? You are making up lies and posting them as doctrine.
You do. According to you, in your statement quoted below, it has authority to judge human opinions.

This is not about opinions, it is about what is written in the scriptures.Why do you reject what is written in the scripture?
I'm not rejecting Sacred Scripture just your opinion.
Why do you equate your opinion with Sacred Scripture?

Likewise, the NT was written long after the apostles were dead

Well, not like the NT at all, perhaps you should consider the difference between an account written decades after the event by those that were there and an account written several millenia after.

That is your problem. Jude did not reference a book, he referenced, Enoch prophesying. If you were a smart person you would inquire where he got his information from. If he got his information from the Book of Enoch, then the book of Enoch has bible prophesy in it.
Jude was a minister of divine revelation. He didn't ,'get' information from the book of Enoch. He just mentioned a part of it that agreed with what He received from God.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
You do. According to you, in your statement quoted below, it has authority to judge human opinions.
God will judge men by Jesus Christ...
Romans 2:16
In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
I'm not rejecting Sacred Scripture just your opinion.
Why do you equate your opinion with Sacred Scripture?
Of course you are rejecting the scripture...You said the book of Enoch is unholy...

Well, not like the NT at all, perhaps you should consider the difference between an account written decades after the event by those that were there and an account written several millenia after.
How do you know that the book of Enoch was written several millennia after?...How long after creation was Genesis written?
Jude was a minister of divine revelation. He didn't ,'get' information from the book of Enoch. He just mentioned a part of it that agreed with what He received from God.
Where does the scripture say Jude was a minister of divine revelation? You are being silly...You are claiming that Jude did not get information from the book of Enoch but he mentioned part of it...If Jude got a revelation about Enoch he would have said so... Jude was referring to what he had read.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to show the apostles doing that, sir. If Jesus really told the apostles to do it that way they would have done it.

we don’t believe in the “Bible alone” but scripture and the church!

the teaching authority of Christ

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pagan means that a person does not worship your version of God. To the Jews Jesus was a pagan. We don't know where God came from, so you are making assumptions. The scripture does not say..."God is uncreated and eternal"...It says God is eternal. You are adding lies to the scripture.

gen 1:1 in the beginning
Before creation was God!
Jn 1:1 in the beginning was God
Before creation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Major covenants!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18)

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal) All men!

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people. All men!

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world. All men!

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. All men!

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. All men!

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal) All men!

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator