An idea for your consideration.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When you are through with your fellow man, you put God last. He does likewise.

Citation, please, supporting this conjecture. Book, chapter and verse(s).

Best wishes, 2RM.
It is clear that you are saying that people have created a problem and you are seeking collaboration in having people fix it. But that is not the way of things according to scripture:

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Nor did I offer "conjecture", but scripture and correction, but you did not want to hear it.

Your conjecture was that, if we love our fellow man, God would put us last among His considerations. Niether of the scriptures you have posted address any such point.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your conjecture was that, if we love our fellow man, God would put us last among His considerations. Niether of the scriptures you have posted address any such point.

Best wishes, 2RM.
That is correct, I was responding to your previous comment.

But I then added the above explanation. So now you want chapter and verse for my additional comment. Fine. I can do that...but at some point you should recognize the content of scripture on your own.
But that is not the way of things according to scripture
Here:

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Zechariah 1:3
Therefore say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Return to Me,” says the Lord of hosts, “and I will return to you,” says the Lord of hosts.

Mark 4:24
Then He said to them, “Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given.
All of which is very similar to what I quoted before, meaning that turning to men to fix a problem beyond what men can do is backwards. One should rather turn to God first, or turning to Him last, by that same measure one can expect God to do the same.

Now...if you had prefaced your Original Post with "I have asked God first, but thought I would also ask you all as well"...then I would not have responded as I did. Or if you had said "I don't think we have been very good stewards of this earth, what can we do to do a better job?" But you made your case as if man made the problem, was in control of the weather, and should come up with a solution.

But your OP was quite godless:

So, we face climate change. Doubtless the wealthy west will survive. But the poor in Africa, Latin America, and southern Asia face some tough times ahead. Given this situation what is the appropriately ethical response? I have some ideas, but before I launch into them, I want to open up the forum to your thoughts.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Reactions: Carl Emerson

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
...at some point you should recognize the content of scripture on your own.

Don't be silly. I'm not going to read all of scripture, and then try to guess which verses you think are relevant to your argument. If you have a point to make you make it. Don't expect me to.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well given the semi-politised nature of the discussion thus far, I have decided not to offer my idea for your consideration. If you can't even recognise the threat of Climate Change, there would seem to be no point

Rather, faced with someone who can ecpose the flawed physics behind the co2 induced warming scare, you block your earsvand run for the hills..

Typical propagandist..

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
CO2 is a 'green house gas'.
Despite the decline in 2020, global energy-related CO2 emissions remained at 31.5 Gt, which contributed to CO2 reaching its highest ever average annual concentration in the atmosphere of 412.5 parts per million in 2020 – around 50% higher than when the industrial revolution began.

I don't see anything controversial about this.

Best wishes, 2RM.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to say, I am disappointed in you all thus far. You all may not like to admit it, but the fact is, the science is in and inescapable. Climate change is happening, and happening now, as witnessed by the shrinking polar ice-caps and the steady retreat of the worlds glaciers. Meanwhile, none of you seem to care one whit for the vulnerable poor who will be the front line victims of this sad state of affairs. When you are ready to discuss this, so am I. Until you are, I am not. It would be a waste of my time, and yours. Meanwhile, I will leave you with this thought; that such wisdom as remains to us lies in hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Best wishes, 2RM.

And whenever the "Scientists " go on Artic explorations to map out melted snowcaps .....they get frozen in and have to be airlifted out. The science is full of fraud. The NOAA just released a statement that 96% of their temperature data is flawed. This has been common knowledge for decades. Glaciers shrink and grow, they always have. The so called scientists base their findings on the data from the NOAA. They have no other source. If the NOAA claims their data is flawed .....the findings are flawed. Simple common sense.

Paris took the stance to control every study report, while disregarding any study that disputes those supposedly made by "Peer Reviewed" offerings. That is not how science is done. This flies in the face of reasoning.

You mean to say .....you lost the memo on actual Polar Bear population studies? Coca Cola was dead wrong in their commercials? Perhaps more meaningful is the actual studies by career scientist concerning ocean rise, the rise which doesn't exist. Science must be used according to the actual career scientists who specialize in their specific areas of expertise. Not at the feet of scientist who do not have the background to make these outrageous declarations openly accepted by the UN and Paris. Most of these so called climate scientists were in other fields of study and never were the needed experts needed to actually make a estimate of man caused climate affects.

CO2 has not climbed in over 7 years. Where is the rush to defend declaring we only have seven years left? .....based on what exactly?

It doesn't matter that China, Russia and India could care less about what the west does. The four biggest polluters in the world were given a free pass and have increased their affects to counter anything the western world has surrendered in the fictional name of climate change.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Climate Change - IS the Backburner Govy “junk science crisis” readied to splash the propaganda Headlines as they huddle in backroom inventing another hokey fear mongering “crisis”.

Inasmuch as they scramble to keep their “hokey medical crisis” in the forefront, it’s falling by the wayside.

“Wars” another of their “backburner Govy” “junk crisis”, falling out of vogue to eliminate “masses” as was historically effective.

We have 500+ honorable seats in the Congressional Chamber, and probably fewer than 10 honorable persons occupying those seats.

The people’s WH and the people’s Oval Office, is being occupied by a slew of embarrassing dishonorable, dishonest, bumbling, conniving, money grubbing thieves.

Open ears, Open eyes, Review History, Facts are Facts.
If Career Politicians are promoting it, Their playbook agenda is always; Theft, Enslavement and Elimination.

Reactions: marks and Nancy

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference between what happened before and what is happening now, is that the scientists tell us this bout of climate change is that the wealthy has caused/is causing it. It is very much our fault, which is what makes it a moral issue.

Oregon Petition (1998) Signed by 31,000+ Scientists and Experts (defyccc.com) AGW is a communist driven ideology that attempts to make the materially successful guilty for having material wealth. It has become a new age religion. Like the Catholics, this religion attempts to make people feel guilty for being successful and enjoying a high standard of living.

Facts don't matter. Appeal to Authority such as "Science" and "scientists tell us" and "do you have a PhD in Climatology" are presumed to invalidate one's right to vote - and live well.

Proof the proponents know it is a hoax is the fact that they are not voluntarily reducing their footprint. People like you still use computers, cell phones, cars and the internet. It's a power grab, plain and simple.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
CO2 is a 'green house gas'

'Greenhous gas' is a ridulous notion.. As if water warms the surface lol

Co2 is a rather poor emitter, but much better than 02 or N2.

H20 is a great emitter, and its latent heat of evaporation exceptionally high, making it far and way the Earths primary coolant.
The 'green house' hypothesis is based on fundementally flawed physics

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: marks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Climate Change - IS the Backburner Govy “junk science crisis” readied to splash the propaganda Headlines as they huddle in backroom inventing another hokey fear mongering “crisis”.

Inasmuch as they scramble to keep their “hokey medical crisis” in the forefront, it’s falling by the wayside.

“Wars” another of their “backburner Govy” “junk crisis”, falling out of vogue to eliminate “masses” as was historically effective.

We have 500+ honorable seats in the Congressional Chamber, and probably fewer than 10 honorable persons occupying those seats.

The people’s WH and the people’s Oval Office, is being occupied by a slew of embarrassing dishonorable, dishonest, bumbling, conniving, money grubbing thieves.

Open ears, Open eyes, Review History, Facts are Facts.
If Career Politicians are promoting it, Their playbook agenda is always; Theft, Enslavement and Elimination.
Be mindful of being in a hurry to demonise others.....in this case leaders of nations. It's a fools game and a convenient way to take the heat off our own shortcomings.
Or Father is not an accuser. It is helpful to get that straight. There is one however who qualifies for that title and we hardly want to be in bed with him.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be mindful of being in a hurry to demonise others.....in this case leaders of nations. It's a fools game and a convenient way to take the heat off our own shortcomings.
Or Father is not an accuser. It is helpful to get that straight. There is one however who qualifies for that title and we hardly want to be in bed with him.

I said nothing in haste or without consideration of historical pattern.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The 'green house' hypothesis is based on fundamentally flawed physics
Just like the COVID scam, the whole Climate Agenda is a total scam. A huge number of scientists agree that it is a scam, but governments love it because (1) they can milk the unsuspecting public of their hard-earned dollars, (2) they can impose all kinds of controls and restrictions in order to enslave the world, and (3) they can basically destroy nations and societies "just like that".

“THE LIST” — SCIENTISTS WHO PUBLICLY DISAGREE WITH THE CURRENT CONSENSUS ON CLIMATE CHANGE
"The List" - Scientists who Publicly Disagree with the Current Consensus on Climate Change - Electroverse

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, we face climate change. Doubtless the wealthy west will survive. But the poor in Africa, Latin America, and southern Asia face some tough times ahead. Given this situation what is the appropriately ethical response? I have some ideas, but before I launch into them, I want to open up the forum to your thoughts.

Best wishes, 2RM.
My thoughts: As the Mendenhall glacier melts, they are discovering a 1,000-year-old forest. That means that 1,000 years ago the earth was warm enough for trees to grow there. Was that warmth caused by man?

Research has shown that 125,000 years ago Greenland was covered in conifer forest and had a relatively mild climate. Was that warmth caused by man? Or was the cooling caused by man that caused it to be ice covered?

There was a mini-ice age about 1650 with another about 1770 and the last one in 1850! Was that extreme cold caused by man?

The wealthy will survive because they have the money to pay for air conditioning OR just move to a cooler climate! And the wealthy control the food supply so they won't starve. HOPEFULLY the wealthy will be Christian like and help the poor IF the climate becomes to warm for the "poor in Africa, Latin America, and southern Asia" in the times a ahead.

My thoughts.....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There have been periods of climate change before; at least twice. First was the ice age and then came the thaw. And perhaps even the flood might be called a climate change.
Hi Pearl,

The other periods of "climate change" was a mini-ice age about 1650 with another about 1770 and the last one in 1850! Also, where the Mendenhall glacier is now was once a forest of trees about 1,000 years ago. Not sure why the climate change believers think that what we are experiencing now is such a big deal. It is just climate HISTORY repeating itself.

Respectfully, Mary

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Pearl,

The other periods of "climate change" was a mini-ice age about 1650 with another about 1770 and the last one in 1850! Also, where the Mendenhall glacier is now was once a forest of trees about 1,000 years ago. Not sure why the climate change believers think that what we are experiencing now is such a big deal. It is just climate HISTORY repeating itself.

Respectfully, Mary

Yes - I believe Great Britain used to export wine !!!