An idea for your consideration.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @bluedragon ,
Welcome to the site.
We're sorta neighbors. I live in Alabama also but closer to the Georgia state line.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm.. Fear fear fear! How else can one promote an antihuman agenda?

Pax et Bonum

The 'antihuman' agenda is the agenda that dismisses the science, regardless of consequences, because it simply doesn't like what the science is telling us. The pro human agenda accepts there is a problem and looks for ways to mitigate it before too much damage is done.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you like the weather to stay the same, you need to go to a different planet.
The seas are going rise and fall.
Hot weather and cold weather
Dry weather and wet weather.
Whether we are here or not, will matter not, the weather will change.
One good volcano will have more of an impact on the atmosphere and environment than 1,000 years of man.
The last ice age was not so long ago....as we came out of that the glaziers receded and caps melted and the oceans rose.
The Oceans rise a few feet? LOL There are cities off the coasts that are 250 feet below the surface, the oceans have been rising for a long time.

There nothing we can do to stop this.
There nothing we have done to cause it.
But we need to be prepared for change.
Change is the word because we do not know exactly what the change will be....cold weather....warm weather....dry weather....wet
weather.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At the end of the day, people want power over other people, and Satan wants to destroy mankind. That's what you are seeing.

Much love!

Speak for yourself. I can't think of any fate worse than power over, and therefore responsibility for, other people.

Best wishes, 2RM.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you like the weather to stay the same, you need to go to a different planet.
The seas are going rise and fall.
Hot weather and cold weather
Dry weather and wet weather.
Whether we are here or not, will matter not, the weather will change.
One good volcano will have more of an impact on the atmosphere and environment than 1,000 years of man.
The last ice age was not so long ago....as we came out of that the glaziers receded and caps melted and the oceans rose.
The Oceans rise a few feet? LOL There are cities off the coasts that are 250 feet below the surface, the oceans have been rising for a long time.

There nothing we can do to stop this.
There nothing we have done to cause it.
But we need to be prepared for change.
Change is the word because we do not know exactly what the change will be....cold weather....warm weather....dry weather....wet
weather.

It is in recognition of that fact that scientists no longer talk of global warming, but of climate change. As for stopping it, we could, for example, cease to burn fossil fuels, and move to renewables and nuclear as our sources of energy.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is in recognition of that fact that scientists no longer talk of global warming, but of climate change. As for stopping it, we could, for example, cease to burn fossil fuels, and move to renewables and nuclear as our sources of energy.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Well, you can look into it but fossil fuels do not change the weather.
If there were no humans on this planet....the same thing would be going on. Since we are here we have to adapt.
Years ago cars caused smog but that hurt us not the weather.
Now smaller more fuel efficient motors that produce less emissions.
The greatest impact on the atmosphere and environment are volcanoes and huge forest fires....they dwarf anything we are doing.
There is a lot of climate change and shifting and unpredictable weather. Some areas are in drought conditions others flooded.
Not at the equator, but more north and up at the poles, the temperature there has rose. Still part of coming out of the ice age.
Here in Missouri the warm weather has moved north and the animals that use to live south are migrating north. We had a very hot weather in July but that should have been in august and now in September we are having October weather. The weather has shifted a month early.....winter should be interesting...

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The 'antihuman' agenda is the agenda that dismisses the science,

What scince would that be? That a colder atmosphere heats a warmer surface? Fantasyland 'science'

Artificially raising the cost of energy in an attempt to 'stop climate change' is a fools errand that causes untold misery to millions..

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Record mean earth temperatures have been recorded for 4 years out of the last 5. It does not take genius, just an open mind, to connect this phenomenon with the most likely cause, which is the atmospheric pollution caused by burning fossil fuels. Furthermore, power generated by renewable sources is now cheaper than that by natural gas, oil, and coal. The only problem with renewables is that they tend to be intermittant, which is why (unfortunately) we need nuclear to take the base-load.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Record mean earth temperatures have been recorded for 4 years out of the last 5. It does not take genius, just an open mind, to connect this phenomenon with the most likely cause, which is the atmospheric pollution caused by burning fossil fuels. Furthermore, power generated for renewable sources are now cheaper than that by natural gas, oil, and coal.

Best wishes, 2RM.

False.

The 'most likely cause' is warmer oceans..

Warmer oceans have 2 'most likely causes' : increased absorption of solar radiation, increased geothermal inputs..

A colder atmosphere cannot heat a warmer ocean, 2LoT.

You ever hear the story of chicken little?

What about 'the emporer has no clothes' ?

Pax et Bonum

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
False.

The 'most likely cause' is warmer oceans..

Warmer oceans have 2 'most likely causes' : increased absorption of solar radiation, increased geothermal inputs..

Pax et Bonum

It all comes down to green house gases in the end. As the earth warms, the ice caps melt, and the surface area changes colour from white to dark, which absorbs yet more heat, instead of reflecting it.

Best wishes, 2RM.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have long thought that the 'riches of heaven' are no less than the virtues of it's inhabitants. The four cardinal virtues are prudence, fortitude, justice and temperence. The three theological virtues are faith, hope and love. There are many lesser virtues than these. I have two points to make: the first is that 'it takes one to know one'. Unless one has paid the sacrificial cost of this virtue or that, one cannot hope to understand it, or what it costs to acquire. And the second is what it will take to save the world (temporally). These two are connected, in that saving the world requires virtue of us. I cannot really say why we should bother to save the world (we will all be dead by it's demise), other than that virtue is said to be its own reward, and that most of us would prefer to be remembered for our virtues than for our weaknesses. And we know what our children, and theirs, would prefer.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speak for yourself. I can't think of any fate worse than power over, and therefore responsibility for, other people.

Best wishes, 2RM.
"Responsibility for" doesn't really come into the equation in a depraved mind. Just the power over others to use then to gratify one's self.

As I see things . . .

Much love!

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am sure there are no depraved minds here. But the observation that provoked that thought is that we are mourning our late queen, who shouldered such responsibilities admirably. Even if she did amass wealth others needed more. But we are none of us perfect, and she was perhaps the best we had any right to expect.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sure there are no depraved minds here. But the observation that provoked that thought is that we are mourning our late queen, who shouldered such responsibilities admirably. Even if she did amass wealth others needed more. But we are none of us perfect, and she was perhaps the best we had any right to expect.

Best wishes, 2RM.

After following the life of the Queen is seems that all of us liked her.....except her family.....is that correct?

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think the King will do his utmost to live up to the standards his mother set, and one cannot ask more of an individual than that they do their best.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is in recognition of that fact that scientists political activists no longer talk of global warming, but of climate change.

Fixed it for you.

As for stopping it, we could, for example, cease to burn fossil fuels, and move to renewables and nuclear as our sources of energy.

The arrogance of the proposition is seen in the fact that human beings cannot control global temperatures. All we can control is emissions.

Regarding the horrors of burning fossil fuels, it's like you have no economic consideration at all.

Regarding "we," if political activists truly believed what they preach, they'd voluntarily stop using computers, cell phones, cars, etc. This reveals the motive is control over others.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have a computer, which I delight in using to talk to people with the same kind of interests as me. But I don't have or need a cell phone or a car. Does that mean you think I am happy with only one third control? If so, I need advise you that if I wanted more I would run for political office, which is an option available to you, too, should you care to exercise it.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Record mean earth temperatures have been recorded for 4 years out of the last 5. It does not take genius, just an open mind, to connect this phenomenon with the most likely cause, which is the atmospheric pollution caused by burning fossil fuels.

Excerpt from Has Global Warming Paused? - Scientific American
average surface temperatures worldwide have not increased since around the turn of the century.

I know the article is a bit dated but I was keenly aware that none of the alarmists predicted a pause global warming. This tells you it is not science. The power of science is the power of prediction and global warming 'scientists' who hysterically claim the sky is falling have been proven wrong over time.

Doublng your chances of being right, replacing 'global warming' with 'climate change' shows the misanthropic nature of the politica activists. They cannot get their story straight. Global Cooling - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics. Either way, you can bet the man-haters will blame man - and blame man wanting to life a high and enjoyable life style.

The only problem with renewables is that they tend to be intermittant

Again, no consideration for economics, the good twin of politics. :D

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wrangler, my dear friend, you do talk rubbish. I suggest you turn off fox news occasionally and tune in to the BBC world service. That way you won't get conspiracy theories, just factual reporting.

Best wishes, 2RM.