An idea for your consideration.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrangler, my dear friend, you do talk rubbish. I suggest you turn off fox news occasionally

Fallacy of Poisoning The Well. I posted links to peered reviewed, scientific papers having nothing to do with Foxnews.

Don't put words in my mouth. I am quite capable of speaking
Best wishes, 2RM.

The basic problem with climate alarmists is that they are attempting to use science to drive watermelon politics.

You are a tool, a pawn. How much is George Soros paying you to be a web influencer? How many forums do you post your alarmist ideology?

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I was being paid, even to post my own opinion, I would have severe doubts in respect of my integrity. But I am not so paid, and have no such doubts. As for 'alarmist', it may be worth discussing alarm, if, as I believe, there is stuff to get alarmed about. Or, one could choose to be a selfish sheep. And just keep on mindlessly consuming. The kingdom of heaven on earth is a voluntary institution, to be sure. But I do not think it to be feckless one.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It all comes down to green house gases in the end.

Ummm, no , it doesn't. The so called 'greenhouse' hypothosis is fundamentaly flawed physics.

H20, the supposed greatest 'greenhouse gas' is the Earh's primary coolant!

Pax et Bonum

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ummm, no , it doesn't. The so called 'greenhouse' hypothosis is fundamentaly flawed physics.

H20, the supposed greatest 'greenhouse gas' is the Earh's primary coolant!

Pax et Bonum

Hmmm. 'H20, the supposed greatest 'greenhouse gas'. Being in sceptical mode, you will need to justfy that assertion for me. So far as I can make out, CO2 is the worst, because we dump so much of it. CH4 is next because although it it is more potent than CO2, we produce less of it. I have not heard that H2O plays a major role in warming the atmosphere, but I am prepared to learn if I am not simultaneously being insulted.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or, one could choose to be a selfish sheep.
It's funny that you mention sheep, for that is the goal of a Christian.

However, communist propaganda couches people benefitting from the fruit of their own labor as 'selfish.' Maybe if we pay more taxes, have more government control, they can maker the weather gooder.

proxy-image

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but I am prepared to learn if I am not simultaneously being insulted

Excellent. Then I wont waste your time by showing you how water supposedly is involved the 'greenhouse effect' ..

Instead, I will point out the fundamental flaw in their hypothesis..

Their models are built on a cold black body warmed only by the sun, and procede to have atmosphere 'warm up' the planet to observed temps.. Ludicrous!

The Earth (and all plantes) is a swirling mass of gases and molten metals and rock that has been COOLING for 4+ billion years despit solar input. It must continue to do so as per 2LoT

Pax et Bonum

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not heard that H2O plays a major role in warming the atmosphere, but I am prepared to learn if I am not simultaneously being insulted.
If you are truly willing to learn ... Water is the most dominant GHG, accounting for over 95% of all GHG affects. No other gas comes close to the amount of moisture there is, including cloud coverage, sometimes being over 80% humidity. To show man-made effects, they must subtract out the most dominate GHG.

By contrast, CO2, which only a small amount is man-made accounts for a near all-time LOW ~400 PPM. Virtually nothing. Let me say that again. The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is recovering from it's all time lowest level. So, naturally, it is rising and life was better off with higher levels of CO2.

proxy-image

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's funny that you mention sheep, for that is the goal of a Christian.
proxy-image

Indeed so. But I am not, by nature, a sheep. And I think goats get an unduly bad press in the Bible.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And what, precisely, does humidity have to do with green house gas effects? As far as I can make out, the green house effect is caused by the shifting of light wavelengths as they pass into, and then out of, the Earth's atmosphere, the resultant heat being trapped by carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are truly willing to learn ... Water is the most dominant GHG, accounting for over 95% of all GHG affects. No other gas comes close to the amount of moisture there is, including cloud coverage, sometimes being over 80% humidity. To show man-made effects, they must subtract out the most dominate GHG.

By contrast, CO2, which only a small amount is man-made accounts for a near all-time LOW ~400 PPM. Virtually nothing. Let me say that again. The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is recovering from it's all time lowest level. So, naturally, it is rising and life was better off with higher levels of CO2.

proxy-image
It's around 60% to 70% the only thing water vapor does is help keep the heat in a bit longer especially at night. co2 levels will increase or decrease water vapor levels. Without the earth's core producing a magnetic field. the earth would be barren. Nitrogen makes up 78% the most abundant gas in the atmosphere.

water is recycled 40 times each year, and a water vapor molecule has an average residence time in the atmosphere of only nine days:

Last edited:

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I understand the situation, it is not methane from cows, but CO2 emissions from burning fossil fuels that is the major threat.

Best wishes, 2RM.
It's all the gases that do not condense.

there's around 1.5 billion cows on earth and 8 billion people both are methane polluters. Seems humans beat out cows by a large margin lol.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread has shifted and danced like the 50-60's step moves for every song of that time, mashed potatoes, the stroll, the wahtusi and the twist !

In general and MO, this world will be done away with and all the up-grades of complications to a simple life; cars, politics, technology, greed, lack of love, and WHATEVER has polluted our earth. Without these there will be less murders, more family oriented life, less hate among ppls, and NO BIG BROTHER TO KEEP STIRRING THESE UP !

We will serve and answer to ONE GOVERNMENT ; THE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS !

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Makes one wonder what you consider bad if not deserving - and receiving - eternal punishment.
I'll risk it. It's an integrity thing. I will be neither bribed with promises of heaven, nor browbeaten with threats of hell. Just be who I am.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This thread has shifted and danced like the 50-60's step moves for every song of that time, mashed potatoes, the stroll, the wahtusi and the twist !

In general and MO, this world will be done away with and all the up-grades of complications to a simple life; cars, politics, technology, greed, lack of love, and WHATEVER has polluted our earth. Without these there will be less murders, more family oriented life, less hate among ppls, and NO BIG BROTHER TO KEEP STIRRING THESE UP !

We will serve and answer to ONE GOVERNMENT ; THE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS !

Interesting. Experience shows that theocratic governments are entirely incompatible with personal freedom. So be careful what you wish for. But I do agree with you that a simple life is the one most conducive to happy contentment. Fortunately most of us get to experience that in our retirement. Or if we are Amish!

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Global warming and climate change have both occurred throughout Earth's history. But it's the speed at which the world is currently warming, and how fast the climate is changing, that is so concerning.'
The surface temperature of the planet has increased around 0.08°C per decade since 1880. However, the average rate of increase between 1981-2019 has been more than twice that rate. These changes are unquestionably the result of human actions" - Dr Joeri Rogelj, Director of Research at the Grantham Institute, Imperial College London

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Global warming and climate change have both occurred throughout Earth's history. But it's the speed at which the world is currently warming, and how fast the climate is changing, that is so concerning.'
The surface temperature of the planet has increased around 0.08°C per decade since 1880. However, the average rate of increase between 1981-2019 has been more than twice that rate. These changes are unquestionably the result of human actions" - Dr Joeri Rogelj, Director of Research at the Grantham Institute, Imperial College London

He put it well, I think.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This verse has always intrigued me-
"The time has come for judging the dead.. and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Revelation 11:18 )
Who exactly is going to destroy who?
Is it a past prophecy that was fulfilled by the fall of the Roman empire, or has it yet to be fulfilled?
Certainly the current human race are the filthiest polluters there's ever been, so maybe payback is just around the corner?