An Opinion about rituals "in religions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe he said (pointing at the bread and wine) to do this "In remembrance of me)
No one ever accused them of being cannibals because that's only a catholic fallacy

History has recorded Roman persecution of Christians because of

1. Refusing Emperor worship
2. Cannibalism

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, then you are admitting the roman catholic church was not at that time in existance

The Catholic Church was. Are you saying that there were other legitamate Christian groups around? If so, I would like to see some evidence

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm making a point
You chose to challenge me and I give it right back

Is that what you are calling it?
I am glad you filled me in!
I thought you were simply refusing to address my posts and cherrypicking words in order to scandelize the Catholic Church.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scandalize?
Preposterous!
I was once a roman catholic.
sprinkle baptism, ist communion, confirmation (with Cardinal Cushing) and then dropped out when I was 16.
No one seemed to care but my mother.
I know a lot more than I've expressed, I study my catechism when necessary, and I don't believe they are truly Christian.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scandalize?
Preposterous!
I was once a roman catholic.
sprinkle baptism, ist communion, confirmation (with Cardinal Cushing) and then dropped out when I was 16.
No one seemed to care but my mother.
I know a lot more than I've expressed, I study my catechism when necessary, and I don't believe they are truly Christian.

Ok.

Commence pissing contest

I joined the Catholic Church at age 30 after 2 years of study; including, the Bible, the Catechism, and church history I was never taught as a Protestant.

I was working as a youth director in a Protestant Church after recently graduating from a Protestant college, at the time; i was not looking for a new church

I believe the Catholic Church is a Christian Church, and that all Protestant churches have Catholic histories, which are ignored and denied by many members.

Christ rose again and it was not Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Knox,Huldrych Zwingli or (certainly not!) King Henry VIII who carried out the great commission - there were actually 1500 years of Church history and Christian living in between.

Last edited:

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use to work at a
Bible college, Gordon Cornwell in Hamilton Mass.
Rich kid school,
When I was there,there were more kids with purple spiked hair than I could find in Boston
And then came the big drug bust on campus and the scandal that ensued
That was in the late 90's
People talk about it today as the place to go if you have the money
I don't hear of no revivals in New England
My point is your point is moot, I say who cares.
You went to a protestant Bible school and turned into a catholic.
I'm not surprised.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use to work at a
Bible college, Gordon Cornwell in Hamilton Mass.
Rich kid school,
When I was there,there were more kids with purple spiked hair than I could find in Boston
And then came the big drug bust on campus and the scandal that ensued
That was in the late 90's
People talk about it today as the place to go if you have the money
I don't hear of no revivals in New England
My point is your point is moot, I say who cares.
You went to a protestant Bible school and turned into a catholic.
I'm not surprised.

And so is yours

Hence, ‘pissing contest’

You are still lacking historical evidence for your claims and passing off stereotypes of Catholic teaching as legitimate, propped up by experiences and memories from childhood.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Your evidence is man made propaganda too. It whitewashes the fact of the abuses of the RCC. The WORLD BOOK ENCYCLOPEDIA has this and I know you will call it wrong.
Not once have I whitewashed anything. I just deny Protestant exaggerations. I have also pointed out that the Pope has made apologies for the sins of church members. No Protestant has done this, so who is whitewashing??

"Inquisition was an effort by the RCC to seek out and punish heretics (PERSONS WHO OPPOSED CHURCH TEACHINGS). They took place in many parts of Europe." This is the introduction of the write up and I believe it is saying the truth. I would type the rest but I know it would not make any difference since you are totally ingrained with the RCC dogma.
So what. Was everything done the same 500 years ago as it is today? Heresy and treason was the same crime back then, do your resources mention any of that?
Your "The WORLD BOOK ENCYCLOPEDIA", is a 2 sentence commentary with no names of authors and no links. Do you need lessons on how to post links to the source? Try this link, then tell me wikipedia is doctrinally biased in favor of Catholicism. What a joke...
highlight the web address (click and drag)
copy
go back to your working page
click paste
If you continue to have trouble pasting URL's, stop begging me to babysit you. Operating in a forum requires a certain computer competence, and you have repeatedly failed to produce any evidence supporting your "Bible Christian" hate. The Inquisition is ALWAYS used as bat to beat Catholics with because anti-Catholic bigots rely on outdated information. See the wikipdedia link below.

The World Book Encyclopedia 2018
There is nothing in there supporting the outdated anti-Catholic version.

Did the Church “Murder 50-68 Million” in the Inquisitions?

To assess the Inquisition properly, we must distinguish between the principle which undergirded it, and the actions of those responsible for implementing the principle.

The Historical revision of the Inquisition is a historiographical process that started to emerge in the 1970s, with the opening of formerly closed archives, the development of new historical methodologies, and, in Spain, the death of the ruling dictator Francisco Franco in 1975. New works of historical revisionism changed our knowledge of the history of the Roman and Spanish Inquisitions. (wikipedia)

Protestant Inquisition: The English Reformation
look who's whitewashing now.

I'm tired of this same argument over and over again. It isn't enough that the Pope himself expresses regret over this difficult time in church history, you want to burn every Catholic at the stake. It's been 500 years, when are you guys going to grow up?
bye bye...leave me alone.

th

Last edited:

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so is yours

Hence, ‘pissing contest’

You are still lacking historical evidence for your claims and passing off stereotypes of Catholic teaching as legitimate, propped up by experiences and memories from childhood.
My experiences are the point.
You can make all the rules you want, but if the teachers teach something else, then that is the point.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not once have I whitewashed anything. I just deny Protestant exaggerations. I have also pointed out that the Pope has made apologies for the sins of church members. No Protestant has done this, so who is whitewashing??

You call them exaggerations but that is just your opinion. Those that reply to you have their opinions too and they have just as much right to post them as you do yours.

What we are saying is that the RCC can not be trusted as a true representative of God because it has blood on it's hands. As I see it it, it applies to any and all that have blood on their hands. Talk about obedience, the law says a person shall not kill.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe he said (pointing at the bread and wine) to do this "In remembrance of me)
No one ever accused them of being cannibals because that's only a catholic fallacy
Hi Rollo,

I love history. Here are the facts instead of your opinion.

Athenagoras of Athens wrote around 180 AD: Three things are alleged against us (Christians): atheism, THYSTEAN FEAST and Edipoen intercourse..”

CAECILIUS THE PAGAN late in the 2nd century AD wrote: You Christians are the worst breed ever to affect the world. You deserve every punishment you can get! Nobody likes you. It would be better if you and your Jesus had never been born. We hear that you are all cannibals--you eat the flesh of your children in your sacred meetings.

Do you know what those sacred meetings were Rollo? It was the early Christian church services where they ate bread and practiced/believed it to be the body of Christ....Just like He said: This is my body.

Are you, Rollo Tamasi, suggesting that Athenagoras was a Catholic and Caecilius was writing against the Catholic Church's beliefs and practices in the late 2nd century? If so, that dates the Catholic Church to at least 180 AD.

Historical Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The Catholic Church was. Are you saying that there were other legitamate Christian groups around? If so, I would like to see some evidence
not sure of any direct evidence here, but there is a lot of support for the concept of Christianity as emerging from older beliefs, and this might be contemplated in the same light that we reflect upon the Biblical Jews of the day being a unified belief system, when there were really many different factions, Zealots, Essenes, etc.--to name just two that went on to become intrinsic to "Christianity," even though neither really expresses it

some decent observations in here, "Christian" was originally a put-down, etc
The amazing name Christian: meaning and etymology

the same bunch called Christians "cannibals" i guess, which might even be an apt enough analogy if describing those who cloister into a harbor and initiate rituals of consuming the sacrament, rather than understanding the spiritual intent

Last edited:

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rollo,

I love history. Here are the facts instead of your opinion.

Athenagoras of Athens wrote around 180 AD: Three things are alleged against us (Christians): atheism, THYSTEAN FEAST and Edipoen intercourse..”

CAECILIUS THE PAGAN late in the 2nd century AD wrote: You Christians are the worst breed ever to affect the world. You deserve every punishment you can get! Nobody likes you. It would be better if you and your Jesus had never been born. We hear that you are all cannibals--you eat the flesh of your children in your sacred meetings.

Do you know what those sacred meetings were Rollo? It was the early Christian church services where they ate bread and practiced/believed it to be the body of Christ....Just like He said: This is my body.

Are you, Rollo Tamasi, suggesting that Athenagoras was a Catholic and Caecilius was writing against the Catholic Church's beliefs and practices in the late 2nd century? If so, that dates the Catholic Church to at least 180 AD.

Historical Mary
Who are those guys?
Never met them.
But I do remember reading catholic history that if anyone touched the bread or wine, they were put to death.
Too many people were dying so they stopped doing it.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are those guys?
Never met them.
But I do remember reading catholic history that if anyone touched the bread or wine, they were put to death.
Too many people were dying so they stopped doing it.
Hi Rollo,

You have to meet someone to accept what they write? weird....I guess you accept your own writings o_O

Really? Put to death for TOUCHING the bread and wine? I am curious. Where did you read that?

Are you at least willing to admit that you were wrong about your Christian history? Historically we know our 2nd century Christian brothers were accused of being cannibals....can you at least admit that?

Curious Mary

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rollo,

You have to meet someone to accept what they write? weird....I guess you accept your own writings o_O

Really? Put to death for TOUCHING the bread and wine? I am curious. Where did you read that?

Are you at least willing to admit that you were wrong about your Christian history? Historically we know our 2nd century Christian brothers were accused of being cannibals....can you at least admit that?

Curious Mary
I don't know.
But I do know there are people calling roman catholics that today.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know.
But I do know there are people calling roman catholics that today.
Hi rollo,

You don't know where you read that? I am a historian and have never read that. I am SINCERLY interested in it if you can find it again. (thank you)

Are you at least willing to admit that you were wrong about your Christian history?

Mary