An Opinion about rituals "in religions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi rollo,

You don't know where you read that? I am a historian and have never read that. I am SINCERLY interested in it if you can find it again. (thank you)

Are you at least willing to admit that you were wrong about your Christian history?

Mary
Yeah, once, I thought the pope was the Holy Roman Emporer.
Imagine that evading me all these years.
At least I admit it.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary page after page is catholic threads
I can't find anything that would admit to that
That our only references to the eucharist are by catholics I find rather parculiar

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary page after page is catholic threads
I can't find anything that would admit to that
That our only references to the eucharist are by catholics I find rather parculiar
Hi Rollo,

The name "Eucharist" for the bread (body of Christ) dates back BEFORE some New Testament writings. It was first used by our NT Christians in the Didache which was written around 70AD.

Did the Catholic's write the Didache?

~The Didache~

Historical Mary

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel it is important to define "sacrament" before I respond. Sacrament: a religious ceremony or act of the Christian Church that is regarded as an outward and visible sign of inward and spiritual divine grace.

For you to say "Christ never taught anything about ritualistic sacraments, or going to confessionals" and that they were "invented by a person or a religious organization" is NOT TRUE.

In the NT it is VERY CLEAR that Jesus and the Apostle practiced and taught the "ritualistic sacrament" of baptism. Jesus also said, Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them...." This sacrament and ritual was practiced and established by Christ and is WELL documented in the NT and 1st century historical Christian writings. It is NOT a new invention.

At the Last Supper Jesus said, "Do this in remembrance of me". With those six words Jesus established a "religious ceremony". Christ even practiced it himself with the two disciples on the road to Emmaus. It is a ceremony instituted by Christ, practiced by Christ and WELL documented in the NT and 1st century historical Christian writings as being practiced by all Christians. It is NOT a new invention.

As we know from 1 John 1:9 if we confess our sins, he will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. In John 20:23 Christ gave man the authority to forgive sins. According to historical Christian documents the ritual of confession was conducted publically in church. Over time this practice changed and The Church practiced confessing sins to a church leader who, by the authority of Christ in John 20:23, was able to forgive those sins. Like scripture says, whatever The Church binds on earth it will be bound in heaven. It is NOT a new invention.

Those two rituals/ceremonies were CLEARLY not invented by the Catholic Church "in the middle of the first millennium". As you can plainly see they were instituted and/or practiced by Christ and his Apostles and are in historical writings of NT Christians.

Respectfully, Mary

I Couldn't Agree with you More, Well Said
If you look into Hebrew Culture, you will find that Before Christ, the People would Mikva, water submersion for the washing away of sin, with True Repentance. In the NT you do not find any abhorrence to John's Baptism, it was already common understanding.
Also at the beginning of Every Sabbath, the Leader of every household would lift a loaf of bread towards heaven, and Bless God, for it, then lift a cup of Wine towards Heaven and Bless God for it also, So as often as you do this, do it in Remembrance of ME!
AAHH!!! IF They had only known What it meant???