ANALYSIS OF MATTHEW 24:12-13 - WHY IT DISPROVES OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
mjr understands the grace covenant. i'm not sure if yu do.
He listens to voices in his head, not God's Word. Like I said if you'd rather listen to him than God's word, then you have bigger problems than I thought.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
He listens to voices in his head, not God's Word. Like I said if you'd rather listen to him than God's word, then you have bigger problems than I thought.
That's what the Holy Spirit does Stan. He puts words and verses in you so you don't forget. The Holy Spirit teaches, guides and convicts.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if the Unmerciful Servant, who after he was forgiven went out and proceeded to serve sin unto death rather than obedience unto righteousness, thought he was OSAS when his lord condemned him again to repay the same debt of which he was originally forgiven?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
That's what the Holy Spirit does Stan. He puts words and verses in you so you don't forget. The Holy Spirit teaches, guides and convicts.
Only if you actually have Him through being baptized in Him. The Holy Spirit won't tell you that the Bible isn't as significant as God in your own life is when in actuality they both are equally significant. The Bible tells us who Jesus is so that we may know who the true Messiahs. You have to believe what the word of God says in order to know what the Holy Spirit is telling you. When somebody advocates that the Holy Spirit tells him something that is not in the Bible then they're talking off the top of their head and I don't care who it is, you must ignore them. As Jesus said brush the dirt off your feet.

In any event all you're doing is deflecting by responding to his post so that I can see them and as you know that I ignore him that's the only way I will see them. So obviously instead of just debating me you want to deflect and detract so that the focus is not on your comments and your erroneous points of view.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
Only if you actually have Him through being baptized in Him. The Holy Spirit won't tell you that the Bible isn't as significant as God in your own life is when in actuality they both are equally significant. The Bible tells us who Jesus is so that we may know who the true Messiahs. You have to believe what the word of God says in order to know what the Holy Spirit is telling you. When somebody advocates that the Holy Spirit tells him something that is not in the Bible then they're talking off the top of their head and I don't care who it is, you must ignore them. As Jesus said brush the dirt off your feet.

In any event all you're doing is deflecting by responding to his post so that I can see them and as you know that I ignore him that's the only way I will see them. So obviously instead of just debating me you want to deflect and detract so that the focus is not on your comments and your erroneous points of view.
So mjr has been preaching grace salvation this whole time without being saved? <_< Get over yourself.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wonder if the Unmerciful Servant, who after he was forgiven went out and proceeded to serve sin unto death rather than obedience unto righteousness, thought he was OSAS when his lord condemned him again to repay the same debt of which he was originally forgiven?
IF he had accepted the forgiveness as was given to him than he would have being able to forgive, but may have not accpeted His forgiveness so spend there whole life trying to pay for or earn it..

I guess PM you have not yet understood what happens at ones salvation.

Washed clean by His blood.
Baptized into His death.
Given new life as we are reborn of God no longer of the flesh.
Given His righteousness, which allows us access to God by Him.

So many things you are missing out on because you wont take things to God. God is not an Indian Giver, He gives to all equally. So much I could tell you, but seems just as teh bible says.

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Just remember you are the one amongst others that are telling us it is foolish,

Jesus comes for His sheep but so many run away from Him.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
So mjr has been preaching grace salvation this whole time without being saved? <_< Get over yourself.
What don't you understand about 'I don't read his posts'? I also dont accept hearsay from people that can't really demonstrate what they believe themselves.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He listens to voices in his head, not God's Word
Isnt not Jesus Gods word, teh bible declares it to be true. So Stan how does God speak to mankind. Like it says.

Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now

But than I would like to know how one who doesnt believe God has any more to say to mankind, be taught by the Holy Spirirt who can only speak was He has being told.

Joh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

If God has nothoing to say than neither does teh HS???

Or this one

Mat_10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Miissing out on teh better thans of God for nought...

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
IF he had accepted the forgiveness as was given to him
Yes, I can see it now: The Unmerciful Servant, cowering in fear and begging for mercy before his lord, hears the words drop from his lips, "You are forgiven this impossible debt of 160,000 years of annual income" and begins to kiss his feet and thank him profusely for his kindness - but does not accept his forgiveness, preferring to have himself and his family thrown in debtor's prison.

Are there no lengths to the insanity to which OSAS will go to establish itself?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
Yes, I can see it now: The Unmerciful Servant, cowering in fear and begging for mercy before his lord, hears the words drop from his lips, "You are forgiven this impossible debt of 160,000 years of annual income" and begins to kiss his feet and thank him profusely for his kindness - but does not accept his forgiveness, preferring to have himself and his family thrown in debtor's prison.

Parables are not historical facts. Jesus was a one time sacrifice for sins Phone. He is not going to die again for sins.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
Parables are not historical facts. Jesus was a one time sacrifice for sins Phone. He is not going to die again for sins.
I've already refuted this fallacious assertion of yiurs, so why do you keep making it?
Jesus did speak them so historically they are fact and Jesus spoke the truth.
THAT is a historical fact.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Parables are not historical facts.
So what? Whether or not there was a real lord, unmerciful servant, and an impossible 10,000 talent debt, the principle taught by this parable IS a reality: that a sinner who asks for and receives forgiveness for his impossible sin debt can find himself under obligation to repay the sin debt himself if he refuses to manifest the character of his forgiving Lord, which is exactly what Jesus tell you, ATP, to pray: "...and forgive us of our trespasses AS WE FORGIVE those who trespass against us."

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
So what? Whether or not there was a real lord, unmerciful servant, and an impossible 10,000 talent debt, the principle taught by this parable IS a reality: that a sinner who asks for and receives forgiveness for his impossible sin debt can find himself under obligation to repay the sin debt himself if he refuses to manifest the character of his forgiving Lord, which is exactly what Jesus tell you, ATP, to pray: "...and forgive us of our trespasses AS WE FORGIVE those who trespass against us."
So God is not faithful to keep his promises? We need to do more? Poopy.

2 Tim 2:13 NIV if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

Psalm 100:4-5 NIV Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. 5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Psalm 108:4 NIV For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

Psalm 145:13-14 NIV Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does. 14 The LORD upholds all who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Yes it really is amazing how christians can doubt the very God who gave His sons life to save them, like so many you even doubty the power of God to save you. What may I ask are you going to do to save yourself?? Do you have a better plan than God??

It is no wonder'

Gen_6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

To proud to accept so great a gift.

Dont you want to be saved??

How can one claim salvation when all one speaks of is all the reason God cant save them??

Where is your faith??

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:

2 Tim 2:13 NIV if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

Psalm 100:4-5 NIV Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. 5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Psalm 108:4 NIV For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

Psalm 145:13-14 NIV Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does. 14 The LORD upholds all who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.
God never promised to force anyone to "abide in the Vine" - only to help those who choose to remain there in the midst of temptation and sin. Conversely, He warned us of the fatal mistake of failing to continue to abide there with Him.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Yes it really is amazing how christians can doubt the very God who gave His sons life to save them, like so many you even doubty the power of God to save you. What may I ask are you going to do to save yourself?? Do you have a better plan than God??

It is no wonder'

Gen_6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

To proud to accept so great a gift.

Dont you want to be saved??

How can one claim salvation when all one speaks of is all the reason God cant save them??

Where is your faith??
I didn't give the parable of the Unmerciful Servant, Jesus did. And to interpret it any other way than what is so painfully obvious - that the Unmerciful Servant was previously forgiven but wound up condemned again - is a willful distortion of Scripture so that salvation may by obtained on our terms rather than on God's terms. Just what do you think any of us have to bring to God's bargaining table, except a lost soul?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
God never promised to force anyone to "abide in the Vine" - only to help those who choose to remain there in the midst of temptation and sin. Conversely, He warned us of the fatal mistake of failing to continue to abide there with Him.
God never promised to force anyone into fellowship. Relationship and fellowship are not the same. You can walk away from your Dad, but he will not stop being your Dad. You are connected by blood, similar to how the believer and Christ are connected by the blood of the cross.

Rom 6:3-7 NIV Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. 5If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. 6For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

2 Cor 4:10-12 NIV We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:

NONE of these promises have to do with eternal security. Again you confuse God's faithfulness with security. Actually it seems you confuse everything that God promises with security. God does not promise eternal security as defined in the dogma of OSAS.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
God never promised to force anyone into fellowship. Relationship and fellowship are not the same. You can walk away from your Dad, but he will not stop being your Dad. You are connected by blood, similar to how the believer and Christ are connected by the blood of the cross.

Rom 6:3-7 NIV Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. 5If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. 6For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.
2 Cor 4:10-12 NIV We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
He also never promised eternal security but you seem to find that all over the place?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn't give the parable of the Unmerciful Servant, Jesus did. And to interpret it any other way than what is so painfully obvious - that the Unmerciful Servant was previously forgiven but wound up condemned again - is a willful distortion of Scripture so that salvation may by obtained on our terms rather than on God's terms. Just what do you think any of us have to bring to God's bargaining table, except a lost soul?
The reason why so many dont beleeie God can save them is because they are "TYRING" to do it on there terms. Gods terms are to beleiev in His son, mens terms , well just look at all teh unbelief all over the place.

A I said before, God has so much to giveyou, a gold mine of wisdom understanding, adn even to teach you Himself, but you like so many would rather wallow around in teh mud with your knowledge, condemnatoion and unbelief. Again it is your choosing not Gods. Wh ywont you give God a chace, is He noit worth it???