ANALYSIS OF MATTHEW 24:12-13 - WHY IT DISPROVES OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
You sure do copy and paste a lot in different threads. Parables do not describe OSAS at all. They describe spiritual principles related to Jesus and how he is their Messiah.
That is what I am saying Stan. Either you believe Jesus is the Messiah or you do not. Rom 10:9.

(You're the one that is posting the same thing in two threads. I'm just responding.)

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Isa 51:6 NIV Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Isa 55:12-13 NIV You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. 13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the juniper, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the LORD’s renown, for an everlasting sign, that will endure forever.”

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
That is what I am saying Stan. Either you believe Jesus is the Messiah or you do not. Rom 10:9.
(You're the one that is posting the same thing in two threads. I'm just responding.)
If that's what you're saying then say it, and stop saying they support OSAS.
Apparently you're more confused than I thought. You were responding to phone and I have him on ignore so not quite sure how you figure you were responding to me. I just addressed your erroneous assertion.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
Apparently you're more confused than I thought. You were responding to phone and I have him on ignore
Or maybe you should start learning from your parables that you praise so much.

Matt 18:35 NIV "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart."

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
Or maybe you should start learning from your parables that you praise so much.
Matt 18:35 NIV "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart."
Maybe you should learn Matthew 7:6? I find it of little use to discuss with people who don't want to learn at al, and you are getting very close to that again.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
Maybe you should learn Matthew 7:6? I find it of little use to discuss with people who don't want to learn at al, and you are getting very close to that again.
Then show me why a parable is an historical fact. I still have not seen evidence of this. I would like to learn.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Isa 40:1-2 NIV Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. 2Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
Then you've contradicted your original assertion that they were not historical facts, because you believe that they were said by Jesus and in the Bible that's true and Jesus doesn't lie. Hence, they are historical facts.
Now you can try to show how they support OSAS.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
Then you've contradicted your original assertion that they were not historical facts, because you believe that they were said by Jesus and in the Bible that's true and Jesus doesn't lie. Hence, they are historical facts.
Now you can try to show how they support OSAS.
No Stan, you know how to read a parable, but you're having a hard time understanding what a parable is.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
No Stan, you know how to read a parable, but you're having a hard time understanding what a parable is.
Right, I'm having a hard time yet I have to explain it to you? This is more of that cognitive dissonance you have?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
Right, I'm having a hard time yet I have to explain it to you? This is more of that cognitive dissonance you have?
How can a believer be thrown into outer darkness when not even death or life can separate him from God, Rom 8:38-39. The lake of fire is the second death. :rolleyes:

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
How can a believer be thrown into outer darkness when not even death or life can separate him from God, Rom 8:38-39. The lake of fire is the second death.
Because James says belief produces good works so lack of good works shows no real belief. But again if you don't get wHat the parables say then of course you're going to be confused. Even the apostles didn't get what the parables said unless Jesus explained it to them. I suggest you learn how to read the Bible and accept what it says instead of reading it through doctrinally colored glasses, because those glasses are not working for you at all.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
When describing OSAS, parables describe the spiritual gap between believers and nonbelievers. Once you are born again you cannot be unborn, thus teaching lessons of wisdom.
What was originally due him? 10,000 TALENTS.
What was "all that was due him" after forgiveness was withdrawn? The same 10,000 TALENTS.

What OSAS fails to understand is that we cannot give Scripture a "private interpretation", as in this case where the 10,000 Talents are illegitimately made to represent two different things, when they in fact represent the same: the "sin debt" of the sinner, both before the Servant was forgiven and after forgiveness was withdrawn from him.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
The lie of the devil is that you're using a parable as a historical fact. You're still not getting it. The meaning of the parable is in post 512.
No, post 512 is merely the convoluted thinking of a deceived person. There is nothing in the parable, nor in the rest of Scripture, to indicate that the 10,000 Talents represent anything other than what they do: the "sin debt" of the sinner, both in the beginning of the parable and the end of it. But, OSAS must insist that there is a difference because that's the was deception works - you mix a little lie with a lot of truth. Just like a little bit arsenic in a nice, tall, cold, refreshing glass of orange juice.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Isa 51:6 NIV Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Of course it will never fail, but only for those who continually abide in that salvation, unlike the Unmerciful Servant who chose to return in the service of the devil, ATP.