ANALYSIS OF MATTHEW 24:12-13 - WHY IT DISPROVES OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Isa 40:1-2 NIV Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. 2Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.
Yes, the debt of the Unmerciful Servant was paid for by his lord, but because he chose to return to his service of Satan, that payment was withdrawn. "Therefore, if we sin willfully after receiving a knowledge of the truth, there is no more sacrifice for sin."

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
How can a believer be thrown into outer darkness when not even death or life can separate him from God, Rom 8:38-39. The lake of fire is the second death. :rolleyes:
Paul's declaration that death cannot separate the saints from God is not a reference to the Second Death, because the saints are not subject to it. :rolleyes:Therefore, he's referring to the First Death, which cannot separate them.

However, EX-SAINTS will very much be separated from God in that Second Death because they failed to "endure unto the end" and allowed sin to turn their living agape into cold, dead agape.

Please stop twisting Scripture.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
Paul's declaration that death cannot separate the saints from God is not a reference to the Second Death
Let's see if Phone can connect the dots..

peithó: to persuade, to have confidence
Original Word: πείθω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: peithó
Phonetic Spelling: (pi'-tho)
Short Definition: I persuade, urge
Definition: I persuade, urge.

Rom 8:38-39 NIV For I am convinced (peithó) that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 John 5:13-14 NIV I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

1 Cor 15:17-18 NIV And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost.

Rom 6:3-7 NIV Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

2 Cor 4:10-12 NIV We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
Let's see if Phone can connect the dots..

peithó: to persuade, to have confidence
Original Word: πείθω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: peithó
Phonetic Spelling: (pi'-tho)
Short Definition: I persuade, urge
Definition: I persuade, urge.
Rom 8:38-39 NIV For I am convinced (peithó) that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
1 John 5:13-14 NIV I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

1 Cor 15:17-18 NIV And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost.

Rom 6:3-7 NIV Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
2 Cor 4:10-12 NIV We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
When are you actually going to commit to a point of view rather than copying and pasting scripture all the time without any exposition?

You actually have to make the dots before somebody can connect them.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
When are you actually going to commit to a point of view rather than copying and pasting scripture all the time without any exposition?

You actually have to make the dots before somebody can connect them.
Focus on the word confident in Rom 8:38 and 1 John 5:14.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
If you read the scriptures you would know the point. Can you please put me back on ignore. Thanks Stan.
I do read the scriptures but I can't possibly know what you come up with in your convoluted mind unless you state it.
If you don't want to be called into account then don't make statements that require me to do so.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
I do read the scriptures but I can't possibly know what you come up with in your convoluted mind unless you state it.
If you don't want to be called into account then don't make statements that require me to do so.
Rom 8:35-38 and 1 John 5:13-14 are saying believers are confident of eternal life, and we are confident that neither trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword, death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Confidence is granted to us by believing..

1 John 5:9-14 NIV / Psa 21:4 NIV We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
Rom 8:35-38 and 1 John 5:13-14 are saying believers are confident of eternal life, and we are confident that neither trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword, death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Confidence is granted to us by believing..

1 John 5:9-14 NIV / Psa 21:4 NIV We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
So now you're saying that OSAS is being confident in God?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
So now you're saying that OSAS is being confident in God?
OSAS confirms, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
OSAS confirms, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."
All this scripture does is confirm God's faithfulness nothing more. The issue here is not God's faithfulness. You insert things into scripture that are just not there.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All this scripture does is confirm God's faithfulness nothing more. The issue here is not God's faithfulness.
So I guess God is faithfull in all things except mens salvation??? or maybe men just lack faith in Gods faithfullness.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does it say about satan appearing as an angel of light, only to those who walk in the darkness. Some cant tell. Pointless arguing with him ATP...

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
mjrhealth said:
What does it say about satan appearing as an angel of light, only to those who walk in the darkness. Some cant tell. Pointless arguing with him ATP...
Yeah, on the 7th day He rested. :)

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
Yeah, on the 7th day He rested. :)
You're talking to a man who doesn't believe implicitly in the Bible that only believes in what God tells him. That's the reason I put him on ignore. If you think that he knows better than the Bible then you're in a lot more trouble than I thought you were.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
You're talking to a man who doesn't believe implicitly in the Bible that only believes in what God tells him. That's the reason I put him on ignore. If you think that he knows better than the Bible then you're in a lot more trouble than I thought you were.
mjr understands the grace covenant. i'm not sure if yu do.