And who is part of or is to be a part of the Body of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Come on Byrd you know you have to be born again :)
Yes, i sure do, but wadr i doubt that the def of "born again" a la literal checklists and ego-boosting and Luby's celebrations is what is meant there? Who defines "born-again" iow? Why get all literal there and then "spiritual" when Jesus starts handing out literal instructions! We get literal at the spiritual stuff and vice versa, seems to me.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And he [Jesus] is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence." Col 1:18

"... even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body." Eph 5:23
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, ..." Eph 5:23-24

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
For the body is not one member, but many." I Cor 12:12-14
Romans 12:5

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"And he [Jesus] is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence." Col 1:18

"... even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body." Eph 5:23
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, ..." Eph 5:23-24

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
For the body is not one member, but many." I Cor 12:12-14
No one single denomination or organisation has the right to claim to be the One True Church or the Body of Christ. All born again believers from whatever walk of life or background, from any denomination or none past, present and future are part of the Body of Christ which is the only real Church. Only those whose sins have be forgiven and washed clean through the blood of Jesus can ever be part of that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one single denomination or organisation has the right to claim to be the One True Church or the Body of Christ. All born again believers from whatever walk of life or background, from any denomination or none past, present and future are part of the Body of Christ which is the only real Church. Only those whose sins have be forgiven and washed clean through the blood of Jesus can ever be part of that.
Is that where this is leading?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you mean. It wasn't meant to lead anywhere just a response to Amadeus' post.

I'm sorry, I was wondering something, but on second thought, I'll leave it lay . . .

Sorry!

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Are you thinking I'm not like one of those?

Much love!
? Ha c'mon srsly?
You are obv much more righteous than either?
I'm not anymore i guess, i'm um no longer accountable lol, but you are. don't think you will be in ten years, but you are now anyway. hmm, ok.

Anyway the statement obv has...a Naive counterpart, yet it does stand as is i guess too.
I mean how might a ho or pimp be are beating you in? right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
um, if you are presently inclined to plan to do things, whenever you do something you first usually plan for it, you might even go to another town to buy something to do something, paint town or wahatever, right? So in the morning you might try just for an hour or even fitteen minutes just try doing whatever comes to hand...tonight you can kind of imagine how your morning starts and when you be alert enough to do some little whatever that needs doing, and then you might think of another one, right, we'll write them all down and then don't do them in the morning, see, do what i said which what i meant was like get still and shut up for a minute, and shut everything else up, and then see what you hear talking to you and start doing that.

Now if you got kids and famblys and whatnot i don't meen be suddenly tellin everbody shut up ok lol, go wherever, the garage or something. Even for 15 minutes, even or maybe even especially if you have a morning "routine" that must be accomplished by a certain time in numbers on a clock, if you still use clocks. Oh also don't have a clock visible for the fifteen minutes, and just stop after about that long without looking. When you do look, Bc you're gonna anyway, see if you went longer or shorter. What did you do for fifteen minutes

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
? Ha c'mon srsly?
You are obv much more righteous than either?
I'm not anymore i guess, i'm um no longer accountable lol, but you are. don't think you will be in ten years, but you are now anyway. hmm, ok.

Anyway the statement obv has...a Naive counterpart, yet it does stand as is i guess too.
I mean how might a ho or pimp be are beating you in? right
Are any of us more righteous?

But those with their unrighteousness more on the outside may more easily see the desparation of their situation.

Curious . . . accountable to whom?

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Are any of us more righteous?
ah well i guess there are two kinds of righteous huh

But those with their unrighteousness more on the outside may more easily see the desparation of their situation.
youd think, huh. Guess not tho, cleaning the outside of the cup, sweeping house, and all that
is two kinds after all huh
see you quitting some "bad" habit, i mean that's cool and all, but...ya.
Curious . . . accountable to whom?
ezackly ;/

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi amadeus,

Does this mean to say, you do not see us as the body now?

Much love!
Mark
If we were the Body now, why would there be so much confusion and disagreement even among those who undoubted love God? Is there sinlessness in all of those Body parts? Jesus died with a flawless record without sin to be the Head of the Body. Will His Body be flawed when it comes to Life? Are the parts of His Body to be struggling against each other rather than acting always in accord with God's will?

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we were the Body now, why would there be so much confusion and disagreement even among those who undoubted love God? Is there sinlessness in all of those Body parts? Jesus died with a flawless record without sin to be the Head of the Body. Will His Body be flawed when it comes to Life? Are the parts of His Body to struggling against each other rather than acting always in accord with God's will?
So then we are not now the body of Christ. When do you see the body of Christ coming to life?

How do you answer the question your OP asks?

Much love!