Angel visits...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... a plan that sends most to the lake of fire. Including all who deny Jesus.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Esau's descendants were never blessed. Esau and his descendants were cursed before Esau even exited the womb.

As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.” [Romans 9:13]

Esau's progeny? Western Saudi Arabia, Mecca, Medina, the seat of the Great Harlot, the seat of Satan! Their end, is total destruction.
I thought these were children of Ishmael.

"For My sword is satiated in heaven,
Behold it shall descend for judgment upon Edom [Esau]
And upon the people whom I have devoted to destruction

For the Lord has a day of vengeance,
A year of recompense for the cause of Zion.

Its streams will be turned into pitch,
And its loose earth into brimstone,
And its land will become burning pitch.

It will not be quenched night or day;
Its smoke will go up forever.
From generation to generation it will be desolate;
None will pass through it forever and ever."
Isaiah 34:8
The clash between Esau and Jacob is still playing out. God's plan continues to move forward. The problem started earlier, of course, with the fall of Adam. Edom is spelled the same way in Hebrew. The Edomites took on worst attributes of the Adamic offspring while Israel (foreknown by God) took on the best.

Deuteronomy 23:7 Thou shalt not abhor an Edomite; for he is thy brother: thou shalt not abhor an Egyptian; because thou wast a stranger in his land.

Israel was told that Esau was under God's protection.

Deuteronomy 2:4 And command thou the people, saying, Ye are to pass through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir; and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed unto yourselves therefore:
5 Meddle not with them; for I will not give you of their land, no, not so much as a foot breadth; because I have given mount Seir unto Esau for a possession.
6 Ye shall buy meat of them for money, that ye may eat; and ye shall also buy water of them for money, that ye may drink.

The clashes continued. Doeg the Edomite probably inspired Saul to sin. The Edomites helped betray Jerusalem to Babylon. Later we see King Herod, an Edomite, annoyed that someone else was called "King of the Jews." He wanted to kill Jesus the way Esau wanted to kill Jacob. Later too when the Romans surrounded Jerusalem and destroyed, the Edomites were involved in that too.

Where are the Edomites now? I follow a Jewish idea that it's the "white race" -- the man whose skin has a reddish tint to it from the blood. One source said that the Romans were Edomites. I can see that. The Romans in both east and west persecuted the Jews dreadfully once Christianity became the official religion. They burned synagogues, invented the idea of the ghetto, and so on. I see the Nazis as one of the worst expression of the Edomites. So if I had to guess who is meant by Isaiah, I'd say the white man -- the white man living in the traditional areas Isaiah named but also the white man who had moved out into Europe first and then around the world.

The "white man" Edomites have done some great good at times and some great evil at others. The wheat and tares are still mixed.

Reactions: amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is Establishing who IS worthy to MAKE Judgements.

Judgements BY "Saints"...
Establishes...a Right/Correct/Good Judgement, by one (a Saint) who Judges By the Lords Truth/Spirit, that is Within the man.

(It's like the meaning of pure love...doing what is Right regardless of the consequences)

1 Cor 6:
[2] Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?

Glory to God,
Taken

Thank you!!! And thanks @Heart2Soul

Very interesting subject. :)

I really love the passage of Gideon where he asks God to show his friend the legion of Angel's with them. I'll have to look that up.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's this have to do with Angels visiting?
The one who posted before me, the one who liked your post, already has been warned by God's Messengers ('angels' if allowed), about repenting, and has refused as far as known.
The angels of God are ministering for our sakes, and as in Scripture have warned as well as delivered messages.
When they are ignored, when Jesus is denied, the result is the lake of fire.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one who posted before me, the one who liked your post, already has been warned by God's Messengers ('angels' if allowed), about repenting, and has refused as far as known.
The angels of God are ministering for our sakes, and as in Scripture have warned as well as delivered messages.
When they are ignored, when Jesus is denied, the result is the lake of fire.

If you can prove the messages are from legitimate Gods Angels, sure maybe.

Reactions: Stan B

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can prove the messages are from legitimate Gods Angels, sure maybe.
Read the Bible and see. Pray to the Father for His View and see. All of His Word, all of His Angels, all of His messages, all of all that Jesus ever did and does and will do, is in perfect harmony.
Jesus says the Father delights to reveal salvation to little children.
Jesus told the followers: anyone who wants to be saved must be becoming like little children.
So test everything as Jesus says - seek the truth, seek the Father, seek His Kingdom and His Righteousness, as the Father always keeps His Word, is always truth.
Those who reject Jesus, they lose. Though Jesus could have saved them, if they do not repent, they perish.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the Bible and see. Pray to the Father for His View and see. All of His Word, all of His Angels, all of His messages, all of all that Jesus ever did and does and will do, is in perfect harmony.
Jesus says the Father delights to reveal salvation to little children.
Jesus told the followers: anyone who wants to be saved must be becoming like little children.
So test everything as Jesus says - seek the truth, seek the Father, seek His Kingdom and His Righteousness, as the Father always keeps His Word, is always truth.
Those who reject Jesus, they lose. Though Jesus could have saved them, if they do not repent, they perish.
Sure you can ask Jesus about salvation for yourself, but I don't believe that Jesus will discuss someone elses salvation with you unless it's just for you to pray he will save them. And that's where it ends.

So you say that person had Angels warn them, so then your job as I see it is just to pray for them that they will be saved and leave it at that. Cheers :)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure you can ask Jesus about salvation for yourself, but I don't believe that Jesus will discuss someone elses salvation with you unless it's just for you to pray he will save them. And that's where it ends.
Read the Scriptures instead of continuing in unbelief.
Whenever someone with a false gospel , or even just a false teaching, comes to the assembly, they are not to be permitted to teach it.
This is clear throughout all OT and NT.
Were mistakes made in Scripture ? Did false teachings and false teachers happen anyway ?

Yes.
Today too.
And how to deal with them is clearly described in the Scripture - NOT to allow them to continue... and HOW to deal with them.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the Scriptures instead of continuing in unbelief.
Whenever someone with a false gospel , or even just a false teaching, comes to the assembly, they are not to be permitted to teach it.
This is clear throughout all OT and NT.
Were mistakes made in Scripture ? Did false teachings and false teachers happen anyway ?

Yes.
Today too.
And how to deal with them is clearly described in the Scripture - NOT to allow them to continue... and HOW to deal with them.

I'm not in unbelief of God, just your teachings, I find that you shoot from the hip instead of backing your views up with scripture, which is sketchy at best. Thanks but I've been on too many of these forums to just trust what people say, I need to read it and interpret it for myself. Then I'll believe.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not in unbelief of God, just your teachings, I find that you shoot from the hip instead of backing your views up with scripture, which is sketchy at best. Thanks but I've been on too many of these forums to just trust what people say, I need to read it and interpret it for myself. Then I'll believe.
If true, I expect you yes, to read the Scripture. I simply posted what Scripture says. If I give any verses , too often they are met with trampling underfoot on this forum, instead of belief and testing and checking to see if it is Scripture.
So people go for themselves and find out if it is Scripture, then they believe.
That is how it is.

I have no teachings not in harmony with all Scripture. Everything I post is verifiable with Scripture.
Very different than most threads and posts that are opposed to all Scripture. (and they give references as if to defend their positions, but still they oppose Scripture, walking in darkness; or they claim another authority instead of Scripture, such as tradition, and prefer man's tradition to Scripture, thus disobeying God and God's Word) .

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need to read it and interpret it for myself.
If you do this, based on what God says in Scripture about never having private interpretation for ones self, then you will not believe what God says - same as most religious people on earth (billions of lost souls) .

Let the Father in heaven grant you His Revelation of Truth, of Jesus, of His Word, Through His Word and His Spirit, as He Says always. He is delighted to reveal all about salvation to little children who trust Him.

As Jesus told the Apostles: (to the Apostles: if you trust yourselves, (to accomplish salvation), then you have already failed.... if you trust the Father in heaven to accomplish your salvation in this life and in the next, then it is done - it is already accomplished)

Everything depends on the Father - everyone who wants to be healed or saved , needs to depend on the Father in heaven, the Creator and Giver of all life, from Whom every good thing comes.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If true, I expect you yes, to read the Scripture. I simply posted what Scripture says. If I give any verses , too often they are met with trampling underfoot on this forum, instead of belief and testing and checking to see if it is Scripture.
So people go for themselves and find out if it is Scripture, then they believe.
That is how it is.

I have no teachings not in harmony with all Scripture. Everything I post is verifiable with Scripture.
Very different than most threads and posts that are opposed to all Scripture. (and they give references as if to defend their positions, but still they oppose Scripture, walking in darkness; or they claim another authority instead of Scripture, such as tradition, and prefer man's tradition to Scripture, thus disobeying God and God's Word) .

Unless you're giving that as a reason to not listen to other peoples interpretations of scripture. You seem pretty set in your ways. Pretty sure about your beliefs. I won't try to argue with you much as I see no point in it. You say you have no teachings not in harmony with all scripture, and that's the answer I expect from everyone on this forum, yet we all disagree?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless you're giving that as a reason to not listen to other peoples interpretations of scripture. You seem pretty set in your ways. Pretty sure about your beliefs. I won't try to argue with you much as I see no point in it. You say you have no teachings not in harmony with all scripture, and that's the answer I expect from everyone on this forum, yet we all disagree?
Why argue at all ?
Did the Apostles seem to you to be sure of their faith ? Did the disciples who walked with Jesus, daily, in union with Jesus daily, who had continual peace and joy and righteousness ? were they sure of their salvation - and still also daily checked one another as a safe-guard in case anyone of them started to be deceived by sin ?
Why would you argue ? What would be the point of arguing ?
As for many on the forum - many have already said in their posts they do not accept nor agree with Scripture, or plainly stated things directly contrary to Scripture - which is a sign of no good.(you know this , right?) ...
No, we all do not have to disagree. There are those who agree entirely with God's Word, and are one in Him, just as there were those in the New Testament who were one, all together sharing everything in common, spontaneously - not as if by having been given orders to do so, in their obedience joyfully to the Father in heaven . While this is rare and not seen by most people, (it never was seen by most people , per se, but only those as written, and to whom it happened, and those in the area who witnessed it) ...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why argue at all ?
Did the Apostles seem to you to be sure of their faith ? Did the disciples who walked with Jesus, daily, in union with Jesus daily, who had continual peace and joy and righteousness ? were they sure of their salvation - and still also daily checked one another as a safe-guard in case anyone of them started to be deceived by sin ?
Why would you argue ? What would be the point of arguing ?
As for many on the forum - many have already said in their posts they do not accept nor agree with Scripture, or plainly stated things directly contrary to Scripture - which is a sign of no good.(you know this , right?) ...
No, we all do not have to disagree. There are those who agree entirely with God's Word, and are one in Him, just as there were those in the New Testament who were one, all together sharing everything in common, spontaneously - not as if by having been given orders to do so, in their obedience joyfully to the Father in heaven . While this is rare and not seen by most people, (it never was seen by most people , per se, but only those as written, and to whom it happened, and those in the area who witnessed it) ...

This is starting to get too off topic for this thread, which is supposed to be about Angelic visits.

Reactions: Stan B and Joseph77

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Only two angels are mentioned by name in The Bible.
Michael is mentioned in Jude 9, Revelation 12:7–8, and Daniel (by Gabriel) 10:13 and 21.

Gabriel is the only other one named in the Bible. Daniel 8:16 and 9:21 as a messenger who comes to speak to Daniel.

He’s identified as God’s messenger.
To Zechariah, “I am Gabriel, who stand in the presence of God” Luke 1:19.

Then, “In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin...the virgin’s name was Mary” Luke 1:26–27.
Angel=messenger...visits were for specific purposes and quite rare :)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember reading something about Angel visits to people in the bible. Do Angels still visit people, and if so what should you expect,
Concerning 'what to expect', from He Who Rules the Angels and sends them to rescue or to protect us (they(God's Angels) never do something on their own initiative ) - they are always acting under orders....
From Hebrew Bible in English, Colossians Chapter 2:

"Therefore, just as you accepted Messiah Yahshua our Master, so you
must be led by Him,
7 being rooted and being built up in
Him, and being confirmed in the faith, even as you were taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.
8 Watch that there not be one misleading you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the elements of the world, and not according to Messiah.
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of divinity bodily;
10 and it is through Him, that you have been made complete, for He is the Head of all angelic orders and authority,
11 in whom also you were circumcised with a circumcision not made by hands2, in the putting off of the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Messiah,
12 being buried with Him in baptism, and by Him you were raised with Him for you believed in the
power of YAHWEH, who raised Him from the dead.
13 And you, who were once dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has granted to live with Him, having forgiven you all your sins,
14 and, by his mandates, he canceled the legal contract1 of our sins, which existed against us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His torture stake.
15 And by putting off His mortal body, He exposed the powers of evil, and through His person put them openly to shame."

SleekB

Dec 29, 2019
NORMAL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember reading something about Angel visits to people in the bible. Do Angels still visit people, and if so what should you expect, etc. I want this to be an education thread where I and others can learn more about this Theology.

I'll just add that I know of an Angel opening the prison gate (Acts of the Apostles 5:19-20) and also one with countenance of lightning rolling back the door to Jesus tomb (Matthew 28:1-3) and apparently Angels make earthquakes?

Thanks,

Devin
Yes, they are here. The accident that I was in on December 27, 2009, an angel had to pull me back in the vehicle. I had been sliding left; roll crushed left arm, next roll crushed my head. Thing is, the SUV just didn't stop rolling on it's own, it hit a concrete wall on the left side, and slid down the wall on this massive hill. Insurance sent pictures, it looks like a giant hand just ripped through the left side; the drivers door was torn off. The arm was a open fracture grade 3, the only thing worse would have been to damage the artery, and the left temporal bone in the skull was destroyed. It takes at the least 1875 lbs to fracture it. I am alert, all of me is inside away from the door before that hit, and parts of me have decorated the interior of the vehicle after being thrown completely inside with force. That interior pretty much sealed the deal on them being 100% sure someone else was with me. I can't stop head and arm from being crushed, but suddenly can get a arm missing bones, and head missing the eye socket back in a split second later? No possible way. Barnes Jewish hospital was able to get a hold of my mom, and she was there by the time that I woke. I am so glad that I was not able to contact anyone, just was not time. Anyway, a doctor called the police for mom; she was going to get my things from the SUV, but she was not allowed anywhere near it because of the interior. I am thinking a bunch of people thought about God those 4 days before I left. I pray that they did anyway.