Angel visits...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember reading something about Angel visits to people in the bible. Do Angels still visit people, and if so what should you expect, etc. I want this to be an education thread where I and others can learn more about this Theology.

I'll just add that I know of an Angel opening the prison gate (Acts of the Apostles 5:19-20) and also one with countenance of lightning rolling back the door to Jesus tomb (Matthew 28:1-3) and apparently Angels make earthquakes?

Thanks,

Devin

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
An angelic encounter

One day I was riding pillion behind my husband on our motor cycle when our route took us up a R/H turning from a busy main road. Now right from the outset this side road had a very pronounced bend to the left which meant that the view of oncoming traffic was severely restricted.

My husband was an experienced rider and took the turn perfectly; we both leaned into the bend in unison and there was nothing wrong with the bike. Anyway just as we got to the perfect position on the road in which to take the bend my husband shouted that the steering had locked and he had no option but to steer the motorcycle into the kerb.

At the exact time that we made that swerve, a car coming from the opposite direction came round the bend on our side of the road at speed, right at the point where we would have been on the road if the bike hadn’t swerved off line.

My husband pulled the bike oh so gently into the kerbside, initially thinking we had lost power but immediately finding that this was not the case and without even getting off we continued on our way.

He still talks of the day that an angel took over the steering to save us from what looked like certain death from where were standing. Praise God. I believe in angels.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An angelic encounter

One day I was riding pillion behind my husband on our motor cycle when our route took us up a R/H turning from a busy main road. Now right from the outset this side road had a very pronounced bend to the left which meant that the view of oncoming traffic was severely restricted.

My husband was an experienced rider and took the turn perfectly; we both leaned into the bend in unison and there was nothing wrong with the bike. Anyway just as we got to the perfect position on the road in which to take the bend my husband shouted that the steering had locked and he had no option but to steer the motorcycle into the kerb.

At the exact time that we made that swerve, a car coming from the opposite direction came round the bend on our side of the road at speed, right at the point where we would have been on the road if the bike hadn’t swerved off line.

My husband pulled the bike oh so gently into the kerbside, initially thinking we had lost power but immediately finding that this was not the case and without even getting off we continued on our way.

He still talks of the day that an angel took over the steering to save us from what looked like certain death from where were standing. Praise God. I believe in angels.

I once had an angel tell me (just felt a voice and it was not God and felt like it was an Angel) not to eat the next morning, that my Father (who I was visiting the next day) would have a specific food for me to eat, I got to my Father's and that morning he had bought a novelty food that he wanted me to try. And it was the same food that the Angel had said it would be. It was a faith building experience. But so far as I can remember that was the only experience I've had with what I think was an Angel.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Generally, or specifically, the angels did not appear when people thought they would,
and

they were not expected, nor could they be expected to appear , per se, by any human hope or activity nor even
by
faith.

Yes unless it is an angel of darkness perhaps. But I would agree God's Angels cannot be summoned from what I remember reading.

FYI, I meant expect in the meaning of why do they normally visit, I was more thinking people would find instances in the bible and interactions between Angels and man to see what one might expect.

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes unless it is an angel of darkness perhaps. But I would agree God's Angels cannot be summoned from what I remember reading.
As written , as God Planned,

HIS PEOPLE (and maybe others) are ministered to by angels unseen daily - they are to protect us and they do, as God Says (not as religions or people say).

The angels of darkness love bothering people daily too - and they have the ability to as long as someone remains outside of Jesus, no matter what religion they are in.

Remember all of society, in all the countries, are subject to the prince of the power of the air (the devil), and they remain sons of disobedience (the people do) as long as they remain in a religion that opposes Jesus and rejects God's Word daily.

FYI, I meant expect in the meaning of why do they normally visit, I was more thinking people would find instances in the bible and interactions between Angels and man to see what one might expect.

Even if the true believer do not know about nor expect God's Angels to protect them, God says they are there. (see the servant who asked what are we going to do , with the enemy military ARMY surrounding us, and the man of God asked God to open his eyes, and the servant's eyes were opened to see... (somewhere in the Tanakh) , and he saw the (God's) chariots of fire (I think/from memory now) all around them, protecting them ! The enemy army did not ever have a chance ! ) ....

They (God's Angels) "normally" camp around about the ones God is protecting, as God Directs..... and they DO as God Says.

The devil's angels bother everyone they can all day every day, as long as permitted. They are usually not expected, but they are usually present , in most all religious people's lives/ areas.
The preists and bishops and so forth are all their servants .... (in the false religion) ....

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As written , as God Planned,

HIS PEOPLE (and maybe others) are ministered to by angels unseen daily - they are to protect us and they do, as God Says (not as religions or people say).

The angels of darkness love bothering people daily too - and they have the ability to as long as someone remains outside of Jesus, no matter what religion they are in.

Remember all of society, in all the countries, are subject to the prince of the power of the air (the devil), and they remain sons of disobedience (the people do) as long as they remain in a religion that opposes Jesus and rejects God's Word daily.

Even if the true believer do not know about nor expect God's Angels to protect them, God says they are there. (see the servant who asked what are we going to do , with the enemy military ARMY surrounding us, and the man of God asked God to open his eyes, and the servant's eyes were opened to see... (somewhere in the Tanakh) , and he saw the (God's) chariots of fire (I think/from memory now) all around them, protecting them ! The enemy army did not ever have a chance ! ) ....

They (God's Angels) "normally" camp around about the ones God is protecting, as God Directs..... and they DO as God Says.

The devil's angels bother everyone they can all day every day, as long as permitted. They are usually not expected, but they are usually present , in most all religious people's lives/ areas.
The preists and bishops and so forth are all their servants .... (in the false religion) ....

So the devil only harasses those that allow him to do so, I noticed you didn't quote scripture to back your points. What about Job's troubles, or Jesus being tempted? Just to point out two examples quickly. Probably can find more.

Reactions: Stan B

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember reading something about Angel visits to people in the bible. Do Angels still visit people, and if so what should you expect, etc. I want this to be an education thread where I and others can learn more about this Theology.

I'll just add that I know of an Angel opening the prison gate (Acts of the Apostles 5:19-20) and also one with countenance of lightning rolling back the door to Jesus tomb (Matthew 28:1-3) and apparently Angels make earthquakes?

Thanks,

Devin
I had one minister to me one night....he looked like a normal man....but he appeared out of the shadows and called out my name....when he was close enough that I could see him I asked him if I knew him....he said no...I said well how did you know my name? He said the Lord told me and He sent me to give you a message...(I will skip all the in-between stuff) and then He said "Jesus loves you very much, stop straddling the fence, choose this day who you are going to serve."
Talk about getting busted! I thanked him for the message and turned to walk away but I stopped and turned around to ask if he would pray for me....but he was gone...
He didn't have wings...wasn't wearing a white robe, he was average height, and he spoke English...lol.
But he appeared and then vanished and he knew me by my name....
This happened around 2AM and I was leaving the bar and dance hall and was fixing to head home with some friends. ( they were in the car and didn't see a thing)....
Anyway....2 weeks later I was no longer straddling the fence...I chose who I wanted to serve.

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
An angelic encounter

One day I was riding pillion behind my husband on our motor cycle . . .

Pearl, sometimes look back to my motorcycle years 60 years ago, and the fact that I am still here must have something to do with angels.

As a teenager, regularly riding and racing his Indian 80 at 200 km, and a whole lot of other stupid stuff, there is no reason I should be here 60 years later, unless someone was watching over me.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the devil only harasses those that allow him to do so, I noticed you didn't quote scripture to back your points. What about Job's troubles, or Jesus being tempted? Just to point out two examples quickly. Probably can find more.
No. The devil even harassed Jesus , remember, and the Apostles and the disciples and so on in Scripture , and the devil is the prince of the power of the air who is over the sons of disobedience (which is all society) and was even us to start with .... as written clearly in Ephesians 2.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More importantly, note again as written in several places, the devil is over most people on earth, deceived, deceiving them, even to the day they die, and there is no recovery for them, no salvation,
unless they repent before they die.

Reactions: Pearl

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More importantly, note again as written in several places, the devil is over most people on earth, deceived, deceiving them, even to the day they die, and there is no recovery for them, no salvation,
unless they repent before they die.
Your doctrine seems a little non-biblical to me: see 2 Corinthians 12:7 and it would seem God just allows it sometimes. But I don't want to de-rail the thread too far. Cheers.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your doctrine seems a little non-biblical to me: see 2 Corinthians 12:7 and it would seem God just allows it sometimes. But I don't want to de-rail the thread too far. Cheers.
The topic is angel visits , right ? Just good angel visits ? There's more bad angel visits to be aware of , by far...
It is written not just sometimes, but that all of us once were subject to the bad, only the redeemed are not , potentially... (Ephesians 2) ....
i.e God not only allows it daily, the bad over billions of souls,
HE TELLS US ALL ABOUT THAT, as much as He Reveals in His Word that is.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic is angel visits , right ? Just good angel visits ? There's more bad angel visits to be aware of , by far...
It is written not just sometimes, but that all of us once were subject to the bad, only the redeemed are not , potentially... (Ephesians 2) ....
i.e God not only allows it daily, the bad over billions of souls,
HE TELLS US ALL ABOUT THAT, as much as He Reveals in His Word that is.
I pointed to God's Angels in the OP thru scripture. It was intended for that. Not expressly to talk about dark angels and what to expect from them.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think many of us may have had angelic encounters and it's great to hear other's stories.
I pointed to God's Angels in the OP thru scripture. It was intended for that. Not expressly to talk about dark angels and what to expect from them.

Taste and See that the LORD is Good
"Psalm 34…6This poor man called out, and the LORD heard him; He saved him from all his troubles. 7The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, and he delivers them. 8Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!…"

As written , as God Planned,(and Purposed) ,

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I pointed to God's Angels in the OP thru scripture.

Jacob/Israel is an interesting character in this drama. Instead of yielding to an angel, he chose to fight with him. It is amazing how Jacob, who seized his heritage as the father of Israel through manipulation, also, fought with an angel.

From the Jewish perspective, Maimonides believed the incident was "a vision of prophecy", while Rashi believed Jacob wrestled with the guardian angel of Esau.

For sure Jacob's fight with the Angel is somewhat of a mystery, but his progeny inhabit the Land of Israel in these latter days.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jacob/Israel is an interesting character in this drama. Instead of yielding to an angel, he chose to fight with him. It is amazing how Jacob, who seized his heritage as the father of Israel through manipulation, also, fought with an angel.

From the Jewish perspective, Maimonides believed the incident was "a vision of prophecy", while Rashi believed Jacob wrestled with the guardian angel of Esau.

For sure Jacob's fight with the Angel is somewhat of a mystery, but his progeny inhabit the Land of Israel in these latter days.

Sounds like quite a different story then Balaam and the Angel in the way of his donkey (Numbers 22:31). Can you point me to that scripture please, it sounds like an interesting read :)

Reactions: Joseph77