Angel visits...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angel Visits...
OP ^

Angel's Are spirits.
Spirits have the Power to "Appear" to the Eyes of Human men in the "Likeness" of Living "Things" a human man's eyes "CAN" See.
The Human man may "call" what he "SEES", by the "word" the human man is familiar with.

If a spirit appears as a snake, and is Seen by a human, likely the Human would call what he sees, a serpent...Same for a man...etc.

Nothing in Scripture indicates Gods angelic Servants would STOP appearing to mankind...
Or Satan's Fallen demonic spirits would STOP appearing to mankind (in this world, as it is).

Gen 3...
* a talking serpent....an angel
Gen 18..
* 3 spirits appear as men...2 angel's & God
Gen 32
* Jacob face to face with a spirit
Judges 6...
* angel of the Lord appears to Gideon
Matt 28
* an angel appears to Mary Magdalene
Matt 2
* a Spirit appears as a human baby
Rev 17
* an angel appears to John

Heb 3:
[2] Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Glory to God,
Taken

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes but till this day they don't eat sinew which is shrank. That and it sounded like the Angel let him win as it was getting late.

Devin, I understand why an angel interfered with Balaam's plan. He was up to no good, but Jacob/Israel is a different story. I don't even know why Jacob was fighting with the angel. Because he could??

Jacob was an unusually conniving and cunning person, determined to receive the very best life had to offer. Who else had the genetics to father the nation that would fight against all odds, and survive like no other progeny, for 3,500 years!! Now a tiny nation of 9 million, surrounded by nations of 900 million whose singular goal is to wipe the face of the earth clean of all Jews.

As for their enemies "If only they were wise, they would understand it; they would comprehend their fate. How could one man pursue a thousand, or two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, unless the LORD had given them up? For their rock is not like our Rock, even our enemies concede." Deuteronomy 32:30

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Heart2Soul probably has more, but I found this: 1 Corinthians 6:3-5, but I don't really understand it.

I sometimes read from someone who has lost a loved one, saying Heaven now has a new angel. What a demotion! Angels are a servant class of beings whose purpose is to take care of God's children.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was led one time to pray for someone that was presented.

LOL, yeah. Angel food.

It was a surprise to me to hear how many people have Angel encounters here. I remember when I first got onto a forum I think it was discussed and I didn't see that.

Anyways, I felt the spirit in the witnessing of others. It's been nice :)

Devin, although I have already posted a family encounter with an angel who saved her life, but I have another.

When my granddaughter was about 12 years of age, she spent a week at sort of a fringe group holy roller summer camp. During her stay, she was baptized. For our family, public baptism is almost as important as having the family together for a wedding. So, instead of applauding her decision, she received a somewhat less than favourable family response for her decision. We all wanted to be there to celebrate such an event.

The family attitude must have left her devastated, but God had a different perspective. She recounted how a being of light appeared in her bedroom at 4 am and said to her "You did the right thing!"

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I remember reading something about Angel visits to people in the bible. Do Angels still visit people, and if so what should you expect, etc. I want this to be an education thread where I and others can learn more about this Theology.

I'll just add that I know of an Angel opening the prison gate (Acts of the Apostles 5:19-20) and also one with countenance of lightning rolling back the door to Jesus tomb (Matthew 28:1-3) and apparently Angels make earthquakes?

Thanks,

Devin

Some time ago I was a staff member at a youth camp and we had a visitation of the Holy Spirit when the kids were praising God. It was so anointed we could hear the angels joining in with them.

And from about 10 books I have read on the subject, a visit by angels is a daily occurrence to Muslims who are seeking God. They show themselves in dreams and visions and as a result, the Muslim becomes a believer.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ággelos – properly, a messenger or delegate – either human (Mt 11:10; Lk 7:24, 9:52; Gal 4:14; Js 2:25) or heavenly (a celestial angel); someone sent (by God) to proclaim His message.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul probably has more, but I found this: 1 Corinthians 6:3-5, but I don't really understand it.

It is Establishing who IS worthy to MAKE Judgements.

Judgements BY "Saints"...
Establishes...a Right/Correct/Good Judgement, by one (a Saint) who Judges By the Lords Truth/Spirit, that is Within the man.

(It's like the meaning of pure love...doing what is Right regardless of the consequences)

1 Cor 6:
[2] Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?

Glory to God,
Taken

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(saints being those born again by the will of the heavenly Father from heaven,
not who the 'church' on earth calls saints , no , not at all!)

Reactions: Taken

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is Establishing who IS worthy to MAKE Judgements.

Judgements BY "Saints"...
Establishes...a Right/Correct/Good Judgement, by one (a Saint) who Judges By the Lords Truth/Spirit, that is Within the man.

(It's like the meaning of pure love...doing what is Right regardless of the consequences)

1 Cor 6:
[2] Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken, this is a most difficult and intimidating passage for me. I wonder if I am up for the job. As one who is such an undeserving benefactor of God's grace, I can't imagine being capable condemning anyone!! And if I a mere lowlife mortal sinner feels that way, I wonder how the God of Grace is going to deal such matters in the future.

Maybe thoughts like this have given rise to the universal salvation group, which I don't think is a Biblical perspective, yet I do believe in universal salvation of the Jews:

"For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; and so *ALL* all Israel will be saved; just as it is written “This is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins. (Romans 11:25-27)

“The Deliverer will come from Zion, He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.” Isaiah 59:20

That would seem to be referring to ALL the seed of Jacob/Israel.

Isaiah 45:17 Israel has been saved by the LORD With an everlasting salvation; You will not be put to shame or humiliated To all eternity.

Isaiah 45:25“In the LORD *ALL* the offspring of Israel Will be justified, and will glory.”

Thus says the Lord, “If the heavens above can be measured
And the foundations of the earth searched out below,
Then I will also cast off all the offspring of Israel
For all that they have done,” declares the Lord. Heb 10:37

Of his Israel, His adulteress wife, YHWH declares:

“I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and in justice,
In loving kindness and in compassion,
And I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness.
Then you will know the Lord."
"It will come about in that day that I will respond,” declares the Lord. . .

I will also have compassion on her who had not obtained compassion,
And I will say to those who were not My people,
‘You are My people!’
And they will say, ‘You are my God!’”

The most beautiful love story ever written, a love story without end.

And on that note, I must end this post, since it is a story without end.

Reactions: Giuliano and Taken

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devin, I understand why an angel interfered with Balaam's plan. He was up to no good, but Jacob/Israel is a different story. I don't even know why Jacob was fighting with the angel. Because he could??
I believe this was when the spiritual authority that had belonged to Esau was transferred to Jacob. Jacob had already gotten his father to grant him the blessing usually given to the firstborn.

There are some problems with translations of Genesis 32. Verse 1 has "angels" meeting Jacob. Verse 3 translates the same word as "messengers" -- and I would say he sent angels not physical messengers. I think the "messengers" got the attention of Esau's Guardian Angel. Jacob had his family find safety. He was alone when the "angel" came to wrestle with him.

There is also a preposition is mistranslated. Most translations say the sun rose "upon" him when it should read "for" him. Was Jacob permanently crippled? Genesis doesn't say, the Jewish tradition says he was healed. Thus it relates to:

Malachi 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Jacob himself was clothed spiritually in the sun. Joseph saw him as the sun in one of his dreams.

Esau was the truly tricky one. He looks pious and good while Jacob looks shady at times; but Jacob was following the rule Jesus gave about being as wise as the serpent and gentle as the dove. Esau was tricky, so Jacob had be trickier. Esau still wanted to kill Jacob, but he didn't want to do in public. In front of other people, Esau put on a show of being forgiving; but Jacob knew he had murder in his heart. So Jacob tried the gentle and clever approach, promising to meet him in Seir. Did he go? Uh, no. Not in that life.

Genesis 33:14 Let my lord, I pray thee, pass over before his servant: and I will lead on softly, according as the cattle that goeth before me and the children be able to endure, until I come unto my lord unto Seir.

It was many years before "Jacob" met "Esau" at Seir. When Israel came out of Egypt, they were blessed at Sinai and Esau's descendants were blessed at Mount Seir. It was God's purpose to bless Esau by using Jacob to supplant the fallen spiritual authority with unfallen. So I believe.

Deuteronomy 33:2 And he said, The Lord came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

Reactions: amadeus and Stan B

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe this was when the spiritual authority that had belonged to Esau
Where is it written, ever, that God said it was a spiritual authority belonging to Esau.

Remember God's Word later says that Esau was profane from birth - not he became profane later ... (I think - am double checking this ) .....

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
e out of Egypt, they were blessed at Sinai and Esau's descendants were blessed at Mount Seir. It was God's purpose to bless Esau by using Jacob to supplant the fallen spiritual authority with unfallen. So I believe.

Esau's descendants were never blessed. Esau and his descendants were cursed before Esau even exited the womb.

As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.” [Romans 9:13]

Esau's progeny? Western Saudi Arabia, Mecca, Medina, the seat of the Great Harlot, the seat of Satan! Their end, is total destruction.

"For My sword is satiated in heaven,
Behold it shall descend for judgment upon Edom [Esau]
And upon the people whom I have devoted to destruction

For the Lord has a day of vengeance,
A year of recompense for the cause of Zion.

Its streams will be turned into pitch,
And its loose earth into brimstone,
And its land will become burning pitch.

It will not be quenched night or day;
Its smoke will go up forever.
From generation to generation it will be desolate;
None will pass through it forever and ever."
Isaiah 34:8

Attachments

• s-arabia-2-picsay.jpg
    s-arabia-2-picsay.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 0

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jacob was an unusually conniving and cunning person, determined to receive the very best life had to offer. Who else had the genetics to father the nation that would fight against all odds, and survive like no other progeny, for 3,500 years!! Now a tiny nation of 9 million, surrounded by nations of 900 million whose singular goal is to wipe the face of the earth clean of all Jews.

As for their enemies "If only they were wise, they would understand it; they would comprehend their fate. How could one man pursue a thousand, or two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, unless the LORD had given them up? For their rock is not like our Rock, even our enemies concede." Deuteronomy 32:30

I don't even know why Jacob was fighting with the angel. Because he could??

God had a plan for Jacob, Jacob just did not yet know what it was.

Yes Jacob was cunning to get what he wanted. Jacob himself was tricked.
After leaving his father-in-law...
Jacob feared an upcoming meeting with Esau.
The wrestling was about getting Jacob to put aside the past and surrender to God, and basically get on with Paying attention to the GREAT things God had for him.
God forgave Jacob, gave him a Great Name, gave him a Limp, and 12 Sons.
It's a lesson...
Gods Power can work unexpected miracles.

Glory to God,
Taken