Angels

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many angels?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 57.1%

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • more

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD is spirit...God Father.
The Holy Spirit is also spirit.
Is Jesus only spirit?

Could you please read the following and comment?
I don't know who persons were seeing in the O.T. and it's not something I could be adamant about since I really don't think anyone could know for sure...but then, WHO was it??

Who were the three men who appeared to Abraham in Genesis 18? | CARM.org

If you don't have time...it's OK.
First, thanks for a decent conversation. second,
I have read CARM before, but here's the thing. God appeared in second or third person, meaning not directly himself, who is Spirit. but MANIFESTED in first person in flesh in the NT. understand in the OT he only appeared, as a second or third party, as a cloud by day or a pillar of fire by night, or by an angel as a 2nd or third person unseen, but manifested by the 1st party or person, or spoke out of a burning bush, here as a third party, or person. all these "apperances" are of the 2nd and third person. but in flesh, he's face to face, in 1st person, no representation for him, but he himself.

see angels appeared for him, but is not him. as with Abraham, which was second person by an angel.

to understand these things study what an "apperance", and a "manifestation" are.

but the bottom line I do agree with 99.9 percent of what you posted.

be blessed.

P S and again, thanks for a decent conversation.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean how many we have seen?

Not really a realistic question since an angel can be standing right next to you and you can't see it.

Plus proving what you think you seen and what you seen is sometimes difficult

After all, demons can deceive people into thinking they are angels.

So I'm not sure there's any value in this poll.

I think @Rollo Tamasi was asking how many angels in the bible are specifically "named"?

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How many angels are listed by name in the Bible?
I thought just three, Gabriel, Michael, and Lucifer.
Some people tell me there are more.
Are there?
Or is that just a catholic thing?

Just two - Gabriel and Michael. The name "Lucifer" (Isaiah 14:12) is Latin, not Hebrew; it must have got attached to Satan after the Old Testament was translated into Latin. The Hebrew of Isaiah 14:12 says (literally) "O shining star, son of the morning." It probably isn't a name at all.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just two - Gabriel and Michael. The name "Lucifer" (Isaiah 14:12) is Latin, not Hebrew; it must have got attached to Satan after the Old Testament was translated into Latin. The Hebrew of Isaiah 14:12 says (literally) "O shining star, son of the morning." It probably isn't a name at all.
Yes, I may agree with this
thank you

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Oh, your into being a mormon now?
LOL
Keep you guessing...

The question becomes: Does satan really exist?
He better...or we have a really big problem in Christianity.
(which we kind of have anyway; but not as bad).

Of course, I DO believe satan is a literal being.
Not everyone does.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL
Keep you guessing...

The question becomes: Does satan really exist?
He better...or we have a really big problem in Christianity.
(which we kind of have anyway; but not as bad).

Of course, I DO believe satan is a literal being.
Not everyone does.
Who cares about him?
I just want Jesus to exist.

Reactions: Nancy and GodsGrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Or God in persons?
Don't you like the idea of the Trinity?
an awesome satanic device, sure, and guaranteed to suck spiritual Pagans in from every corner, too, i love it myself.

What clearer sign that someone is reading Scripture as literal history, with two eyes?

which i guess sounds like condemnation in here, i don't mean that ok; i mean that one does not have to listen to them, and accept their pov as Gospel. Scripture goes to some lengths to even install the concept, so i understand why it is so popular, certainly

so if you (one) believe in a Trinity, fine, but if you assert Trinity as an AT, which i have never seen otherwise, then what? But fwiw i have a perspective of "Father, Son, Holy Spirit" too, sure, only mine includes "High Priest" that i will do even greater things than, as a Priest
imo

Trinity annuls Unknown God and an empty room for the Holy of Holies imo,
among other obvious disillusions

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
an awesome satanic device, sure, and guaranteed to suck spiritual Pagans in from every corner, too, i love it myself.

What clearer sign that someone is reading Scripture as literal history, with two eyes?

which i guess sounds like condemnation in here, i don't mean that ok; i mean that one does not have to listen to them, and accept their pov as Gospel. Scripture goes to some lengths to even install the concept, so i understand why it is so popular, certainly

so if you (one) believe in a Trinity, fine, but if you assert Trinity as an AT, which i have never seen otherwise, then what? But fwiw i have a perspective of "Father, Son, Holy Spirit" too, sure, only mine includes "High Priest" that i will do even greater things than, as a Priest
imo

Trinity annuls Unknown God and an empty room for the Holy of Holies imo,
among other obvious disillusions
What's an AT?
I don't think anybody really understands about God.
However, if Jesus wasn't God...we're worshipping a man.

Reactions: Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
First, thanks for a decent conversation. second,
I have read CARM before, but here's the thing. God appeared in second or third person, meaning not directly himself, who is Spirit. but MANIFESTED in first person in flesh in the NT. understand in the OT he only appeared, as a second or third party, as a cloud by day or a pillar of fire by night, or by an angel as a 2nd or third person unseen, but manifested by the 1st party or person, or spoke out of a burning bush, here as a third party, or person. all these "apperances" are of the 2nd and third person. but in flesh, he's face to face, in 1st person, no representation for him, but he himself.

see angels appeared for him, but is not him. as with Abraham, which was second person by an angel.

to understand these things study what an "apperance", and a "manifestation" are.

but the bottom line I do agree with 99.9 percent of what you posted.

be blessed.

P S and again, thanks for a decent conversation.
Always nice to have a decent conversation.
Funny you should say to study Appearance and Manifestation.
This is what the Epifany is. A sudden appearance or manifestation of Christ when He was born. I used to teach this to kids at Christmas time.

epiphany
noun

epiph·a·ny | \i-ˈpi-fə-nē \
plural epiphanies

Definition of epiphany

1capitalized : January 6 observed as a church festival in commemoration of the coming of the Magi as the first manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles or in the Eastern Church in commemoration of the baptism of Christ

2: an appearance or manifestation especially of a divine being

3a(1): a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essentialnature or meaning of something

(2): an intuitive grasp of reality through something (such as an event) usually simple and striking

(3): an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosure

b: a revealing scene or moment

History and Etymology for epiphany
Middle English epiphanie, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin epiphania, from Late Greek, plural, probably alteration of Greek epiphaneia appearance, manifestation, from epiphainein to manifest, from epi- + phainein to show — more at FANCY

English Language Learners Definition of epiphany

Epiphany : a Christian festival held on January 6 in honor of the coming of the three kings to the infant Jesus Christ

: a moment in which you suddenly see or understand something in a new or very clear way

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-27_20-51-38.gif
    37 bytes · Views: 0