Angels

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many angels?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 57.1%

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • more

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
an awesome satanic device, sure, and guaranteed to suck spiritual Pagans in from every corner, too, i love it myself.

What clearer sign that someone is reading Scripture as literal history, with two eyes?

which i guess sounds like condemnation in here, i don't mean that ok; i mean that one does not have to listen to them, and accept their pov as Gospel. Scripture goes to some lengths to even install the concept, so i understand why it is so popular, certainly

so if you (one) believe in a Trinity, fine, but if you assert Trinity as an AT, which i have never seen otherwise, then what? But fwiw i have a perspective of "Father, Son, Holy Spirit" too, sure, only mine includes "High Priest" that i will do even greater things than, as a Priest
imo

Trinity annuls Unknown God and an empty room for the Holy of Holies imo,
among other obvious disillusions
"that i will do even greater things" <---- Do you not see that this "greater" might just mean in scope? What "GREATER" in power kind of miracles have been done above or beyond Jesus miracles?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What's an AT?
Absolute Truth, sorry
I don't think anybody really understands about God.
plenty of ppl willing to say otherwise tho i guess huh
However, if Jesus wasn't God...we're worshipping a man.
the title "Christ" was not new then, and Jesus is...belabored with the title to illuminate the stark distinction in the kingdom of God v the kingdoms of men. How will you do greater things than what you have just got done "worshipping" by our current reckoning anyway, may i ask? No one told you to worship Jesus, our High Priest, except the False Church wadr. When you do greater things, shall we then worship you too? See that the pov cannot be made to make even logical sense, at least not without ignoring a lot of Scripture imo

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"that i will do even greater things" <---- Do you not see that this "greater" might just mean in scope?
if i don't address this below pls rephrase if you would
What "GREATER" in power kind of miracles have been done above or beyond Jesus miracles?
my guesses would run along the lines of St Francis of Assisi and the Sultan Al-Kamil, emphasis maybe on the Sultan there, Gandhi, Colin Kaepernick, like that, but imo the point is not so much IDing them as accepting what Jesus said as truth?

"You will do even greater things" is a powerful tacit admission of authority imo, that is not accepted by most believers, in fact most often violently rejected?
Or, at the other end of the scale, accepted only-too-heartily, "I believe in Jesus and i am saved, ergo i cannot possibly sin any longer, i don't even have to keep the law any more bc the law kills, the cross kills," etc

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Always nice to have a decent conversation.
Funny you should say to study Appearance and Manifestation.
This is what the Epifany is. A sudden appearance or manifestation of Christ when He was born. I used to teach this to kids at Christmas time.

epiphany
noun

epiph·a·ny | \i-ˈpi-fə-nē \
plural epiphanies

Definition of epiphany

1capitalized : January 6 observed as a church festival in commemoration of the coming of the Magi as the first manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles or in the Eastern Church in commemoration of the baptism of Christ

2: an appearance or manifestation especially of a divine being

3a(1): a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essentialnature or meaning of something

(2): an intuitive grasp of reality through something (such as an event) usually simple and striking

(3): an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosure

b: a revealing scene or moment

History and Etymology for epiphany
Middle English epiphanie, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin epiphania, from Late Greek, plural, probably alteration of Greek epiphaneia appearance, manifestation, from epiphainein to manifest, from epi- + phainein to show — more at FANCY

English Language Learners Definition of epiphany

Epiphany : a Christian festival held on January 6 in honor of the coming of the three kings to the infant Jesus Christ

: a moment in which you suddenly see or understand something in a new or very clear way
Thanks for the reply, that's a good definition. yes, zero in on "a moment of sudden revelation or insight". as with a Theophany, a visible manifestation to humankind of God. The book of Revealation gives us insight on who JESUS is visibly.

I would like to draw your attention to JESUS as the Holy Spirit in the OT, by comparing the vision of Daniel to the vision of John to get a greater "insight" on who the Lord Jesus is, compair the Theophany of both. Read Revelation 1:10-18, and read then read Daniel 10:2-7. after reading the scriptures, let me know what you decerned.

be blessed.

PS I could't open your downloads.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Thanks for the reply, that's a good definition. yes, zero in on "a moment of sudden revelation or insight". as with a Theophany, a visible manifestation to humankind of God. The book of Revealation gives us insight on who JESUS is visibly.

I would like to draw your attention to JESUS as the Holy Spirit in the OT, by comparing the vision of Daniel to the vision of John to get a greater "insight" on who the Lord Jesus is, compair the Theophany of both. Read Revelation 1:10-18, and read then read Daniel 10:2-7. after reading the scriptures, let me know what you decerned.

be blessed.

PS I could't open your downloads.
Oh no. You're going to make me read my two least liked books??!
Will do this tomorrow and then write. 11:30 pm here.

Oh. And they weren't downloads. I don't know what they are.
I couldn't erase them...

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no. You're going to make me read my two least liked books??!
Will do this tomorrow and then write. 11:30 pm here.

Oh. And they weren't downloads. I don't know what they are.
I couldn't erase them...
Have you read Mike DiSanza's book, International Cops for Christ?

Reactions: GodsGrace

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if i don't address this below pls rephrase if you would
my guesses would run along the lines of St Francis of Assisi and the Sultan Al-Kamil, emphasis maybe on the Sultan there, Gandhi, Colin Kaepernick, like that, but imo the point is not so much IDing them as accepting what Jesus said as truth?

"You will do even greater things" is a powerful tacit admission of authority imo, that is not accepted by most believers, in fact most often violently rejected?
Or, at the other end of the scale, accepted only-too-heartily, "I believe in Jesus and i am saved, ergo i cannot possibly sin any longer, i don't even have to keep the law any more bc the law kills, the cross kills," etc
When Jesus said to the 12, "...and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father." So, since Jesus follows up with "because I go to the Father" implys to me anyhow, that the 12 will carry on the extent of His work making the works greater in scope and number rather than in power?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because there are three divine Persons within the Godhead who are distinct from each other, and yet one God.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of [1] the Father, and of [2] the Son, and of [3] the Holy Ghost (Mt 28:19)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How can anyone put a disrespectful loser like Kaepernick beside Gandhi? Gandhi would tell him to respect his flag and national anthem, or book the next flight to Cuba.
that is your perspective, and i'm not inclined to debate the merits with you, but i would ask your definition of "fascist" so that we might proceed on the merits, bc the term has...a curious existence imo, i can't tell if it is a slur or not, exactly. Anyway you would have to demonstrate how CK was being disrespectful anyway, i didn't see him waving any banners or calling any attention to himself at all!

i mean just bc he chose Whom he will serve and the choice does not agree with yours does not make him a bad person, does it?
no one is condemning you for choosing to serve your country, are they?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When Jesus said to the 12, "...and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father." So, since Jesus follows up with "because I go to the Father" implys to me anyhow, that the 12 will carry on the extent of His work making the works greater in scope and number rather than in power?
oh, good point, ya. I think the term used in the original would even be diff for that; in Hebrew anyway...not sure about Koine Greek...ah, i guess the phrasing makes that moot anyway, apparently quantity and quality are addressed, "...will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these."
John 14:12 Lexicon: "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Because there are three divine Persons
7Let the wicked one abandon his way

and the sinful one his thoughts;l

let him return to the LORD,

so He may have compassion on him,

and to our God, for He will freely forgive.m

8For My thoughts are not your thoughts,

and your ways are not My ways.”

This is the LORD’s declaration.

9For as heaven is higher than earth,n

so My ways are higher than your ways,

and My thoughts than your thoughts.

Imo anyone who tells you there are any persons in God is a raging idiot ok, obviously consumed with their own agenda, and bent upon denying Scripture and God.

"God in Three Persons" is straight from hell, and cannot be Quoted nor even inferred from Scripture, except in the most commandeered viewpoint, you virtually have to put someone in a straightjacket to even read that badly.

i mean bam go worship Three Persons if you like, but at least listen to yourself imo

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because there are three divine Persons within the Godhead who are distinct from each other, and yet one God.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of [1] the Father, and of [2] the Son, and of [3] the Holy Ghost (Mt 28:19)
first thanks for the reply.
second, Father, Son, the Holy Ghost are Titles, Appellation, and the Epithet of God, but not his Personal Name. JESUS is the Name of God.

let's prove this out.

is this one person, or two,

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself

so Enoch111, is this two persons, or One in the SAME Person?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply.
second, Father, Son, the Holy Ghost are Titles, Appellation, and the Epithet of God, but not his Personal Name. JESUS is the Name of God.

let's prove this out.

is this one person, or two,

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself

so Enoch111, is this two persons, or One in the SAME Person?

Show me the name Jesus in the Old Testament.

Modalism and Jesus Only teach a different god.