Another fact about salvation that people should be very fearful about is...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Thanks Rach and Jiggyfly for explaining that... me and lastsecman were hahaing about it so I don't see where the problem was... there was a time I typed in all caps back in the day and my boss at the time was like, "Why were you yelling at me" I was like what? Now it's become so much the norm I figured it was good to let someone know what it looks like to the avid internet users... I mean I'd want someone to let me know... Thankful1 is just trying to stir up drama... haha.. whatever...

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I'm lucky to have a net savy husband Robbie....he saves me from a lot of online faux pas!! We all gotta get the info from somewhere!! :)

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Your implying that someone using large lettering is crazy to me is very insulting. Large lettering is easer for some older people to read, and it has nothing to do with intelligence.

There are very good reasons to use large Fonts. For one it gets people’s attention, and also helps some see what is written.

I believe you owe some one an apology.

Your opinion is noted but I disagree, it is not necessary here and sends a bad signal so we should all refrain from making complete posts using font size 6.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Haha, the reason why i typed in large fonts is because i am afraid people would miss reading things i added later on. Because this forum does not allow us to edit our posts. So i am afraid if someone just read my first post then did not read things i added later then i might mislead them into just knowing half of what i wrote.

I don't read your posts because you make them hard to read with the big font.

Your implying that someone using large lettering is crazy to me is very insulting. Large lettering is easer for some older people to read, and it has nothing to do with intelligence.

There are very good reasons to use large Fonts. For one it gets people’s attention, and also helps some see what is written.

I believe you owe some one an apology.

T1, that is not true on this forum. It is an issue with line spacing. When the text is too large the top line of text bleeds over the second line of text making both lines of text very hard to read.

Your use of a small print is as hard to read as last's large print.

Now I don't read 95% of what you two write anyway, so it doesn't matter to me but if you want others to read your posts it might help if you made them legible.

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
Currently following the just believing way without fear of not following all of God's commandments, feels good, so I guess the whole post I posted above would be wrong. So! If anyone had read it just ignore it, apologies!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Currently following the just believing way without fear of not following all of God's commandments, feels good, so I guess the whole post I posted above would be wrong. So! If anyone had read it just ignore it, apologies!

Now this makes me curious.

What exactly are all of God's commands?

banjo71

May 9, 2011
IL
Another fact about salvation that people should be very fearful about is, people can lose the saving grace given to them by God.
Because God very seriously warned people in the Bible, that if people do not obey and act out his commands, then on judgement day, their salvation will be taken away from them, and their ending will be like the endings of evil wicked people, which is to be thrown into the eternal hellfire of torment.

Since when is salvation "fearful"? Salvation is of the Gospel which means "Good News"! Study Galations for a few months, especially about obedience to the Law versus grace... There is no way we can keep our own salvation. When we think we've fallen for the last time, God picks us up and restores us. He's our Father, for heaven's sake! Or read about the prodigal son. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have salvation "taken away" from anyone who is truly saved. I feel so sorry for you, because either you are believing what you're writing, and thus very decieved, or you are writing this on purpose, which would be a very dangerous move.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I do not care whether I can loose or not loose my salvation. I am just glad that jesus though enough of me to die for me! Knowing that I would still reject and deny him! he still loved my no greater love than a man who would lay down his life for a friend! For a isnful wretched man like me. They hung him high, streched him wide it was for me he died thats love. But thats not how the story ends because in 3 days he rose again that is love. No other man or things in Heaven and earth or the universe could die and had that much love to die for me! So whatever it takes I am going to love him and am going to keep my salvation! For it cost Jesus to much and me to little. I love you Jesus!

"Fight the good fight for the faith. Keep holding on to eternal life, to which you were called and about which you gave a good testimony in front of many witnesses. "(1 Timothy 6:12)

"In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life." (1 Timothy 6:19)

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
If you're about to drowned you should be afraid of the life raft... NOT!!! haha

Robbie I like this analogy. This maybe a little off topic but this analogy brings something else to reason.

Some think that the life raft does it's part of rescue just by being out there and if you want to be rescued you must learn to swim and make your way to the life raft, and that if you can't learn to swim, well then it was your choice to drown.

Some people panic when faced with drowning to the point of struggling with their rescuer. Now if the rescuer just throws in the towel and leaves them to drown, did he actually rescue them?

If the person is not saved then is the rescue mission a success?

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
I suppose that as we love God more only then are we able and willing to obey his commandments, so we must love God more everyday.

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
How do we love God? He said those people who obey His commandments are those people who love Him.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Another fact about salvation that people should be very fearful about is, people can lose the saving grace given to them by God.
Because God very seriously warned people in the Bible, that if people do not obey and act out his commands, then on judgement day, their salvation will be taken away from them, and their ending will be like the endings of evil wicked people, which is to be thrown into the eternal hellfire of torment.

No wonder so many that have this way of thinking have little to no joy in their life.......they are full of too much fear that leaves little to no room for anything else. I have too much joy for me to worry about what ifs.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
You are absolutley spot on corerct lastsecman
I lost my slavation but somehow through the grace of God I was given it back.

Basically I had a dream in which I was met by the Angel of Death who told me that he had a message from God. I was eager to ehar it but the messsage was that it was the will of God that I be sentenced to eternity burning in Hell. When I was told this I actually laughed at the ridiculousness of what he said. I replied that I aws a Christian and said that "I was saved by the blood of the lamb." Then he told me I was a fool to contest the will of God and went on to say that if God wants to send someone to Hell then it doesn't matter what they believe and that it is God's right to choose if soeone goes to Heaven or Hell. His words were, "it is the will of God that you burn in Hell."

When I awoke from this dream feeling very frightened and upset. It was a Sunday and I was to recieve Holy Communion and to be perfectly honest I wondered if there was any point doing so but I convinced myself that it was a dream and when in Church asked God's forgiveness for my sins and recieved the blessed Eucharist.

I did not know what to make of ths for months as I would try to convince myself that it was just a dream. Eventually I realised that I really had had my salvation taken from me. Before that I had never believed in the doctrine of predestination as I had believed it was unfair and cruel, so I had avoided it. Now I understand that it had been ordained by God that I was to burn and no amount of believing would help me because it was God's will and I also decided that even though I was denied salvation I would try to serve God and never give up on him even if he had given up on me.

So I had lost my salvation and had I died would have gone straight to Hell because it had been revealed to me that it was God's will. When I came to this realisation I almost knew what Hell was like. OK I didn't ahve the heat and the pain of Hell but I felt the separation and I felt jealous of other Christians who all seemed so sure that they were saved and never ave any credence to waht I said. I envied them, I really did, and though I felt angry and jealous and asked God, "why why," I never stopped believing, never stopped loving God and never stopped in my religious observance. Indeed I continued to recieve Holy Communion.

However, things did change. I was a ta Diocisan day in which hundreds of people from my diocese came together to attend seminars and workshops and to attend services. The first service of the day was Mattins and was presided over by the Bishop. Throughout the service and throughout hsi lenghty sermon i was very bitter becasue everywhere I looed I saw Christians who were all saved and would god to heven and I felt so jealous that I thought I might burst because I was dammed to Hell and yet still loved God and worshipped as they did. Then the final hymn came and somehow it helped to calm me and God spke through it. "I almost heard witht he voices of the congregation the words, "your no longer dammd," and when I came out of the servie for a coffeebreak I just couldn't get those words out of my head and I felt like I was filled with joy because I as no longer sentenced to eternal perdition, I was given my salvation and not because I had earned it or deserved it but simply through God's grace, which is so amazing I jsut can't explain it, but imagine what it feels like to be hopeless and all alone only to be pulled out of the hoplessness and given another chance.

So yes lastsecman, people can loose their slavation, but they don't have to be dead to find out that they are on an inescapable road to eternal perdition. I coudl do nothign, I was sentenced and I would burn but it was God's grace that brought me back into the fold and showed me that I am lvoed and valued by God. I do both love and fear God, I always will and I want to warn the complacent that to not fear God and his warth is a realy folly as the two msut be balanced.

When I tell people about this vision they tell me that it mut ahve come from Satan in order to frighten me from turning away from Christ. If so then this has not succeeded as I never turned from Christ and never will. I believe in an all seeing all knowing, all powerful God who can do as he pleases and can cause both good and evil as and when he pleases and if he wishes to send a rihtous person to Hell then he will do so and if he wishes to send a vile sinner to Heaven he will do so, it is his perogative. He is limmited by nothing.

tomwebster, this is why i fear God

Reactions: Prentis

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Has anyone here had a similar experience because no-one I know has.

I'm guessing that no-one on this forum knows what it feels like to be dammed and totally hopless and I wish it on no-one. I don't want anyone to feel like I did when I thought I as dammed.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
You are absolutley spot on corerct lastsecman
I lost my slavation but somehow through the grace of God I was given it back.

Basically I had a dream in which I was met by the Angel of Death who told me that he had a message from God. I was eager to ehar it but the messsage was that it was the will of God that I be sentenced to eternity burning in Hell. When I was told this I actually laughed at the ridiculousness of what he said. I replied that I aws a Christian and said that "I was saved by the blood of the lamb." Then he told me I was a fool to contest the will of God and went on to say that if God wants to send someone to Hell then it doesn't matter what they believe and that it is God's right to choose if soeone goes to Heaven or Hell. His words were, "it is the will of God that you burn in Hell."

When I awoke from this dream feeling very frightened and upset. It was a Sunday and I was to recieve Holy Communion and to be perfectly honest I wondered if there was any point doing so but I convinced myself that it was a dream and when in Church asked God's forgiveness for my sins and recieved the blessed Eucharist.

I did not know what to make of ths for months as I would try to convince myself that it was just a dream. Eventually I realised that I really had had my salvation taken from me. Before that I had never believed in the doctrine of predestination as I had believed it was unfair and cruel, so I had avoided it. Now I understand that it had been ordained by God that I was to burn and no amount of believing would help me because it was God's will and I also decided that even though I was denied salvation I would try to serve God and never give up on him even if he had given up on me.

So I had lost my salvation and had I died would have gone straight to Hell because it had been revealed to me that it was God's will. When I came to this realisation I almost knew what Hell was like. OK I didn't ahve the heat and the pain of Hell but I felt the separation and I felt jealous of other Christians who all seemed so sure that they were saved and never ave any credence to waht I said. I envied them, I really did, and though I felt angry and jealous and asked God, "why why," I never stopped believing, never stopped loving God and never stopped in my religious observance. Indeed I continued to recieve Holy Communion.

However, things did change. I was a ta Diocisan day in which hundreds of people from my diocese came together to attend seminars and workshops and to attend services. The first service of the day was Mattins and was presided over by the Bishop. Throughout the service and throughout hsi lenghty sermon i was very bitter becasue everywhere I looed I saw Christians who were all saved and would god to heven and I felt so jealous that I thought I might burst because I was dammed to Hell and yet still loved God and worshipped as they did. Then the final hymn came and somehow it helped to calm me and God spke through it. "I almost heard witht he voices of the congregation the words, "your no longer dammd," and when I came out of the servie for a coffeebreak I just couldn't get those words out of my head and I felt like I was filled with joy because I as no longer sentenced to eternal perdition, I was given my salvation and not because I had earned it or deserved it but simply through God's grace, which is so amazing I jsut can't explain it, but imagine what it feels like to be hopeless and all alone only to be pulled out of the hoplessness and given another chance.

So yes lastsecman, people can loose their slavation, but they don't have to be dead to find out that they are on an inescapable road to eternal perdition. I coudl do nothign, I was sentenced and I would burn but it was God's grace that brought me back into the fold and showed me that I am lvoed and valued by God. I do both love and fear God, I always will and I want to warn the complacent that to not fear God and his warth is a realy folly as the two msut be balanced.

When I tell people about this vision they tell me that it mut ahve come from Satan in order to frighten me from turning away from Christ. If so then this has not succeeded as I never turned from Christ and never will. I believe in an all seeing all knowing, all powerful God who can do as he pleases and can cause both good and evil as and when he pleases and if he wishes to send a rihtous person to Hell then he will do so and if he wishes to send a vile sinner to Heaven he will do so, it is his perogative. He is limmited by nothing.

tomwebster, this is why i fear God

Thanks for sharing, Templar, I aprreciated reading your story. :)

My understanding is not quite the same, in other words, I don't see it so much as predestined or not, but reconciled or not. I do think God calls people, but then I think it is according to what we are walking to.

But I did have a similar experience! I was so sure I was a christian, I did the christian thing, I believed in Jesus... And one day I was confronted with something, a brother, who basically saved my life by this, made a decision.

I did not like it, and was fiercely against him in this. I was angry, frustrated. Soon enough the Lord showed me something, this was his hand in the situation, and it was him I was going against! :blink:

I learnt that my ways were not his ways. My pride was brought down. God showed me I was not according to his will, and was not pleasing to him... I didn't give up in this, but was seeking the Lord. I was frustrated with him, but I knew he was in authority. I also feared.

He brought me to the end of myself, and when I broke down in tears and finally let it go, he showed me his way. It was only a beginning, but my life in not the same since, and I have learnt much, and found him in deeper ways.

I was Christian, but I was lost!

Blessings to you in the Lord! :)

Just a thought to add... My understanding of it is that it is not so much 'losing' or 'gaining' your salvation, but walking in it. But as long as we do, the doctrine is only a detail. Your story is a beautiful one of the redeeming power of the Lord in man's life! May we continue in his ways to the end! :)

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Thank you prentis
I remember on that day that God seemed to speak to me through the hymn and afterwards was overpowered by the experience and I as so filled with joy it was unexplainable.

After the mattins and coffebreak I attended my seminars and lunch and more coffee but at the end of the day theere as a service of Holy Communion and having been somehow reconciled, I mean brought back to God I was so eager to recieave the sacrament and I truly felt the power of the Holy Spirit there. i could feel it in the air, in the music, in the Eucharist (of coruse) and even through the floor.

The Lord told us that 2 or 3 is enough for the Holy Spirit to work so imagine more than 500. It was amazing.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
:)

Where our hearts are with him, and we walk in brotherly love, there he is! Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is pleasing to the Lord.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Also, I know what you mean but the ideas of losing and gaining are the only ways I can explain it. You see you can loose or gain it but it isn't up to you as we don;t have anychoice in the matter.

I don't know why God gave me this Revelation but I thnak him that I am to be spared the fires, but however I am not out of the wods yet. I didn't get a ticket to heaven but a 2nd revelation from GHod that I was not destined to Hell.

If I don't mend my ways and live properly and love God with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind and all mys tength then I might still find myself there.

Remember the Lord works in very mysterious ways and we are jsut little humans, smaller than amibas to him so we cannot comprehend his plans in their entirety but only work with what we have and what we have is 73 books that he sent us to guide us to him and most importantly his son who died that we might live eternally with him.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I agree with you, his ways are mysterious!

I think it's wise not to use one revelation to set something in stone as far as what will happen in the end. We must be faithful, and leave the decision in his hands! Otherwise we might become like the Pharisees, screaming, "but we are Abraham's sons", or "we have done this in your name, and that in your name"!