Another horrendous story in the news

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Michael V Pardo said:
Sadly, it seems that you don't understand much of anything, but that's okay, you won't be confused for very much longer. Judah is awake and raising the standard of Jesus Christ.
This very morning I spoke with a saint from the RCC who is hearing from the Lord the word to go forth and share his faith (not at all typical for members of that church); Ephraim is waking up. I've never met an adult Roman Catholic so anxious to share Christ, and I was a child in that church. If there is one here that is unafraid of what's coming, there are certainly more, and they shall stand because the Lord is able to make them stand.
You're going to hear a rumbling tomorrow, and feel a shaking, but it hasn't come to you in judgment and you need not fear. Put away doubt, put away cowardice, let Christ be your confidence and the word your teacher, for the days are short and getting shorter. Blessed is the Lord, blessed is His coming. The whole Earth shakes and trembles. A fire goes before Him, a consuming fire. The latter rains fall, the harvest is ready, and blessed are those who are not ashamed of Him. Amen.
I’m very aware of the limits of my understanding. One thing I do understand though is that neither I nor anybody else, not even a saint, knows more than our Lord Jesus Christ, who clearly told us that nobody, not even Himself, knows when that day and hour will come (Mt. 24:36). It doesn’t matter if the Son of Man appears tomorrow or in another 2000 years: we ought to live every second of our life in obedient service. And I put it to you that if Jesus came back tomorrow, He’d find that people who actually tried to protect God’s creation from human greed were more obedient than all those who wasted their time playing Nostradamus whilst doing zero to actually follow God's commandments.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
junobet said:
I’m very aware of the limits of my understanding. One thing I do understand though is that neither I nor anybody else, not even a saint, knows more than our Lord Jesus Christ, who clearly told us that nobody, not even Himself, knows when that day and hour will come (Mt. 24:36). It doesn’t matter if the Son of Man appears tomorrow or in another 2000 years: we ought to live every second of our life in obedient service. And I put it to you that if Jesus came back tomorrow, He’d find that people who actually tried to protect God’s creation from human greed were more obedient than all those who wasted their time playing Nostradamus whilst doing zero to actually follow God's commandments.
You do realize that the Lord made that statement in Mathew 24:36, almost 2000 years ago, before His resurrection and ascension , and before the Holy Spirit was given to "lead us into all truth." That verse was by no means the only verse in scripture about His return, but you must (and I mean must) have this hope within you in order to purify yourself (as per the written word). It was those who fear His return that have created doctrines to mystify concepts that should be understood and accepted from the Lord's mouth and the written word.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Realize that it wasn't Jesus' Return that He was talking about when He said: No on knows the Day.....
It is His Day of vengeance and wrath, that will come unexpectedly, like a thief. That is: the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster by fire from the sun.
His glorious Return won't come unexpectedly to any Christian who know his Bible, as that great Day of the Sovereign Lord, Revelation 16:14, will come exactly 1269 days after the Temple is desecrated by the AC. Revelation 12

Note; in regard to the Lord's Day of wrath, we will have at least 2 indications of it's approach: Malachi 4:5....Elijah must come first..... Joel 2:30-31 ....cosmic signs....