Another Judas question...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
I know most of you are sick of this question...The one about, "did Judas go to hell?"Well I was reading the bible and came across Matthew 19:2828And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.So if the 12 disciples have 12 thrones in heaven used to judge the 12 tribes of Israel...doesnt this mean Judas would be included?Jesus said this to them before Judas betrayed him...

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
If Judas had a seat as referred to here, then he gave up that seat by his actions. See the end of Acts Chapter one for his replacement.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
But wait, Jesus said this BEFORE Judas betrayed him.Jesus KNEW what Judas would do, yet he said this to the disciples while Judas was included....

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
And Judas gave up the right to that seat after Jesus said it (actually his play was already in work but he could have backed out). Jesus obviously would also have known that "ye which followed me" did not include Judas and also that Judas as a Apostle, his seat would be replaced. Read the reasons the other Apostles thought they should replace him.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
The Bible said Judas repented... (Matthew 27:3)JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
Matthew 27:3 3Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders...Jag, is there any significance about REPENTED HIMSELF? If not, why is it said in that way?If he recieved forgivness- Is the throne still his?

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
He repented to the scribes, but did he to Christ? Even if he did repent consequences still take place. He still could have and did lose his bishopric.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
Yes Setfree...If the forgivness came from Christ and was real- dont you think he was forgiven?Whos to say his replacement gets dibs over his throne in heaven?

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
BTW...I know im gonna get it for this, but wasnt the betrayal by Judas a necessary betrayal?Im not saying Judas didnt have free will, but these things needed to happen- correct?

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
guess we could suggest we do not know Judas heart and could only suspect he went to Hell for what he did. However,Mar 14:21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born. Does not sound like language God would use about someone He knew would repent. And if he did repent and was forgiven, there would be no Spirit leading Peter to replace him as one of the first acts of the Church.

dgc

Nov 27, 2007
nessary...??????????? perhaps as the lamb needed to be offered up for our sacrafice and atonement for our sinful nature. As for Judas repentances I would like to belive it was sincere as he "repented himself" or turned away from his old ways 180degree turn. However in in the Acts 1:15-26 we clearly see that Judas' thrown/office was given up by himself from his own decision and given to Matthias.15And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,) 16Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus. 17For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. 18Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. 19And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood. 20For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take. 21Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, 22Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection. 23And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias. 24And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen, 25That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place. 26And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(Red_Letters88;37344)
But wait, Jesus said this BEFORE Judas betrayed him.Jesus KNEW what Judas would do, yet he said this to the disciples while Judas was included....
Jesus knew beforehand that Judas would betray Him. It wasn't a surprise to Him.

Nov 8, 2007
(thesuperjag;37356)
The Bible said Judas repented... (Matthew 27:3)JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
Brother When it said repent of himself, He gave back the Silver. Remember Repent means to take back. We had a conversation long ago, about Exodus. I know you're not old testament Sound, neither am I, but God Repented of the Evil he would bring Upon the Hebrew Children, cause Moses Reasoned with him. Judas didn't repent to God, he repented of the Money. And a True Repentance would not have made him commit Suicide.

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
Another good point Unorthodox,We have several now that cannot be refuted. So let's see we have;Jesus saying it would be better that Judas had never been born,Apostles had to replace Judas after he died to make 12, something they are not shown doing after others died later.And Judas kills himself (or at least according to some here inexplicably died horribly - which at least suggest a cause (and a bad one) in being mentioned at all in scripture)All of these points would be difficult to see/explain or understand if we take the view that Judas repented to God and left this world in God's favor.