Another Look at "The Origins of Giants After the flood"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your problem is using the King James version. It is archaic English, which we do not speak.

Job 38:8 New International Version (NIV)
8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,

Job 38:35 New International Version (NIV)
35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, ‘Here we are’?

You also don't understand that figurative language that has a known meaning is considered dramatically literal.

Idealists and non literalist want everything to be figurative so they can twisted it to what they want.

Like dragon in revelations. It is defined as Satan. Or the beasts and statue of Daniel, also defined.
you still confirm what I been saying, even using the KJV.
question, using your NIV,
DO THE SEA HAVE DOORS?

way is the Hebrew
H3212 יָלַךְ yalak (yaw-lak') v.
1. (literally or figuratively) to walk.
2. (causatively) to carry (in various senses).
[a primitive root]
KJV: X again, away, bear, bring, carry (away), come (away), depart, flow, + follow(-ing), get (away, hence, him), (cause to, made) go (away, -ing, -ne, one's way, out), grow, lead (forth), let down, march, prosper, + pursue, cause to run, spread, take away (-journey), vanish, (cause to) walk(-ing), wax, X be weak.

Report here is the Hebrew word,
H559 אָמַר 'amar (aw-mar') v.
1. to utter (with the mouth).
2. to declare (used with great latitude).
3. (by inference of a king) to give an edict (i.e. to command; due to the stature of being king; i.e. your wish is my command).
[a primitive root]
KJV: answer, appoint, avouch, bid, boast self, call, certify, challenge, charge, + (at the, give) command(-ment), commune, consider, declare, demand, X desire, determine, X expressly, X indeed, X intend, name, X plainly, promise, publish, report, require, say, speak (against, of), X still, X suppose, talk, tell, term, X that is, X think, use (speech), utter, X verily, X yet.

so CoreIssue, do lightning have a MOUTH to talk? or feet to walk? yes or No, your answer please.

see, your NIV is nothing but a sham, changing or substituting a word which the KJV can translate the same.

NOW YOUR ANSWER PLEASE.......

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors,
DO THE SEA HAVE DOORS?

I have no problem understanding it. Gates/doors to control water. As used in canals, breakwaters, dams, dikes, retaining walls, etc.

• We do not speak Hebrew or any other biblically ancient language.
  • We do not speak archaic English, in which the KJV was written (including the apocrypha) and then revised multiple times.

• The KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon

Strong's Number: 07971 Browse Lexicon
    Original Word Word Origin
    xlX a primitive root
    Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
    Shalach TWOT - 2394
    Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
    shaw-lakh' Verb
    Definition

to send, send away, let go, stretch out
    (Qal)
    to send
    to stretch out, extend, direct
    to send away
    to let loose
    (Niphal) to be sent
    (Piel)
    to send off or away or out or forth, dismiss, give over, cast out
    to let go, set free
    to shoot forth (of branches)
    to let down
    to shoot
    (Pual) to be sent off, be put away, be divorced, be impelled
    (Hiphil) to send
[a primitive root]
KJV: X again, away, bear, bring, carry (away), come (away), depart, flow, + follow(-ing), get (away, hence, him), (cause to, made) go (away, -ing, -ne, one's way, out), grow, lead (forth), let down, march, prosper, + pursue, cause to run, spread, take away (-journey), vanish, (cause to) walk(-ing), wax, X be weak.

The KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's Number:
07971 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
xlX a primitive root
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Shalach TWOT - 2394
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
shaw-lakh' Verb
Definition
  1. to send, send away, let go, stretch out
    1. (Qal)
      1. to send
      2. to stretch out, extend, direct
      3. to send away
      4. to let loose
    2. (Niphal) to be sent
    3. (Piel)
      1. to send off or away or out or forth, dismiss, give over, cast out
      2. to let go, set free
      3. to shoot forth (of branches)
      4. to let down
      5. to shoot
    4. (Pual) to be sent off, be put away, be divorced, be impelled
    5. (Hiphil) to send
It does not mean to walk. It means to send away

3. (by inference of a king) to give an edict (i.e. to command; due to the stature of being king; i.e. your wish is my command).
[a primitive root]
KJV: answer, appoint, avouch, bid, boast self, call, certify, challenge, charge, + (at the, give) command(-ment), commune, consider, declare, demand, X desire, determine, X expressly, X indeed, X intend, name, X plainly, promise, publish, report, require, say, speak (against, of), X still, X suppose, talk, tell, term, X that is, X think, use (speech), utter, X verily, X yet.

Yep. Report is accurate.

We do not speak Hebrew.

so CoreIssue, do lightning have a MOUTH to talk? or feet to walk? yes or No, your answer please.

Your ignorance is showing. What do you call the sound and recoil of a gun firing. It reports or speaks.

see, your NIV is nothing but a sham, changing or substituting a word which the KJV can translate the same.

I will add you don't know what to talking about.

Here you go:

King James Bible

That now complain about the apocryphal being taken out.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no problem understanding it. Gates/doors to control water. As used in canals, breakwaters, dams, dikes, retaining walls, etc..

CoreIssue, CoreIssue we're talking about creation and the sea. we're talking about before man even came on the scene yet .... LOL. oh boy.

like God who asked Job, "where was you", when he put the ... LOL,,,,dams, ... LOL.. dikes, ..... LOL and .... retaining walls.. :p :p :p this is unbelievable. we're talking about where was you when the Lord God almighty was making everything.... I guess the none existence man need a dam right up front at creation., especially before God made man. all those locks and dams around the world..... .. man oh man.

well CoreIssue you have really made my day, "you have taken the cake". and have eaten it too .. (smile).

I guess the angels was created to do the maintenance on all those locks and dams around the world..

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CoreIssue, CoreIssue we're talking about creation and the sea. we're talking about before man even came on the scene yet .... LOL. oh boy.

like God who asked Job, "where was you", when he put the ... LOL,,,,dams, ... LOL.. dikes, ..... LOL and .... retaining walls.. :p :p :p this is unbelievable. we're talking about where was you when the Lord God almighty was making everything.... I guess the none existence man need a dam right up front at creation., especially before God made man. all those locks and dams around the world..... .. man oh man.

well CoreIssue you have really made my day, "you have taken the cake". and have eaten it too .. (smile).

I guess the angels was created to do the maintenance on all those locks and dams around the world..

Actually, no.

God created everything perfect. He didn't create chaos. It became chaos when Satan staged his war.

Were their humans then? No. But the most assuredly with preadamics.

That was not creation. You don't see the word creation used after genesis 1:1.

In the six days he took the chaos of the war and did the six days. It was good but not perfect.

In the flood, the underground water burst forth as well.

You need to improve your study skills.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DO THE SEA HAVE DOORS?

way is the Hebrew
[a primitive root]

[a primitive root]

Job 38...who wouldn’t pay attention to: Job 38:1 “Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,...” and everything that follows.

Job 38:12-13
[12] Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place; [13] That it might take hold of th ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (Hebrews 12:27)

Job 38:16-17
[16] Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth? [17] Have the gates of death been opened unto thee?(Matthew 16:15-18) or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?

Psalm 18:11-16
[11] He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies. [12] At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire. [13] The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire. [14] Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them. [15] Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O Lord , at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils. [16] He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters.

Job 38:33
[33] Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth? (Matthew 6:10)

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, no.

God created everything perfect. He didn't create chaos. It became chaos when Satan staged his war.

Were their humans then? No. But the most assuredly with preadamics.

That was not creation. You don't see the word creation used after genesis 1:1.

In the six days he took the chaos of the war and did the six days. It was good but not perfect.

In the flood, the underground water burst forth as well.

You need to improve your study skills.
First thanks for the reply. second, I'm not aganist you ok, but when what people believe don't line up with the word of God then there is a duty, if one knows to correct the error, and point out the mistake, and show the truth.
I understand the difference between when something is "created" and "Made". God created everything in an instance. but he took his time in making everything good. that's how I know that the heaven(s) and the earth was created, but made into what we see today.

example in Job 38, I understand why the Morning stars, (the actual stars in the heavens), sang, and the sons of God, (the sun and the moon), shouted for joy. because they was created at the same time when God laid the foundation. and on day 4 the sun the moon and the stares "SHINED" their light, in praise of him, the LORD God almighty, the Lord JESUS.

Listen CoreIssue, everything was created in an instance, including man. after God created everything, then he started to make things, or bring things forth. see, this is how I know man was "MADE" on Day 3 but "CREATED" on the 6th day into male and female. see how I used the differencen between "create" and "Made".

see we all was creted in God at the same time, but only brought froth in our time, or order, that is set by God himself. just as in death, the reverse order, every man has his own own time and order, scripture,
1Cor 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Cor 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Cor 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

so, everything was created at the same time, but made in it's order, or time.

now, the last half of your response. no, these locks and dams are MAN MADE, God keep the sea from overflowing the land by his own power, he don't need locks and dams to control the sea or any water, he speaks and the water obey. for he has set the sea decree.

I hope this helped.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 38...who wouldn’t pay attention to: Job 38:1 “Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,...” and everything that follows.

Job 38:12-13
[12] Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place; [13] That it might take hold of th ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (Hebrews 12:27)

Job 38:16-17
[16] Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth? [17] Have the gates of death been opened unto thee?(Matthew 16:15-18) or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?

Psalm 18:11-16
[11] He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies. [12] At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire. [13] The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire. [14] Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them. [15] Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O Lord , at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils. [16] He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters.

Job 38:33
[33] Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth? (Matthew 6:10)
amen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply. second, I'm not aganist you ok, but when what people believe don't line up with the word of God then there is a duty, if one knows to correct the error, and point out the mistake, and show the truth.
I understand the difference between when something is "created" and "Made". God created everything in an instance. but he took his time in making everything good. that's how I know that the heaven(s) and the earth was created, but made into what we see today.

example in Job 38, I understand why the Morning stars, (the actual stars in the heavens), sang, and the sons of God, (the sun and the moon), shouted for joy. because they was created at the same time when God laid the foundation. and on day 4 the sun the moon and the stares "SHINED" their light, in praise of him, the LORD God almighty, the Lord JESUS.

Listen CoreIssue, everything was created in an instance, including man. after God created everything, then he started to make things, or bring things forth. see, this is how I know man was "MADE" on Day 3 but "CREATED" on the 6th day into male and female. see how I used the differencen between "create" and "Made".

see we all was creted in God at the same time, but only brought froth in our time, or order, that is set by God himself. just as in death, the reverse order, every man has his own own time and order, scripture,
1Cor 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Cor 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Cor 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

so, everything was created at the same time, but made in it's order, or time.

now, the last half of your response. no, these locks and dams are MAN MADE, God keep the sea from overflowing the land by his own power, he don't need locks and dams to control the sea or any water, he speaks and the water obey. for he has set the sea decree.

I hope this helped.

God uses earthly of realities to educate us to fullest extent we can be. Just as God and angels are neither male nor female, but most often are spoken of as male and seen this male. That is due to Hebrew linguistics where men are in charge, not women.