Another Look at "The Origins of Giants After the flood"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

nope, but God uses metaphor, similes from time to time to try in teach people who are still in the flesh to understand Spiritual things, scripture
John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
Nice spin....

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
““Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding, Who set its measurements? Since you know. Or who stretched the line on it? “On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone, When the morning stars sang together And all the sons of God shouted for joy?” (Job 38:4–7) (NASB95)
that verse didn't say they was with him when he created all things, try again

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They preceded the creation of earth. And that is the original point of concern.
ERROR, scripture,
Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

"alone" and "by himself", means no one was with nor before him. let's make it simple, THERE WAS NO ONE AROUND WHEN HE MADE EVERYTHING.

if you have a scripture to contridict this please post it.

D

Dave L

ERROR, scripture,
Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

"alone" and "by himself", means no one was with nor before him. let's make it simple, THERE WAS NO ONE AROUND WHEN HE MADE EVERYTHING.

if you have a scripture to contridict this please post it.
This does not prove what you are saying.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Insults show frustration and only strengthen those with opposing views.
opposing views?, where is the opposing view? .... :oops: I haven't see any yet.

ok, if what you said is true, you claim the sons of God preceded the earth, where is that scripture?

D

Dave L

opposing views?, where is the opposing view? .... :oops: I haven't see any yet.

ok, if what you said is true, you claim the sons of God preceded the earth, where is that scripture?
More insults = more frustration....

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

dave you're stuck on Job 38, which is a metaphor. neither angels nor humans was "NO WHERE", when God laid the foundation of the heaven and the earth. I have already pointed this out to you, and has disproven your belife on this subject. God is called the "Father" of Lights also, see James 1:17. and Father is used here as CREATOR of the actual stars (morning stars), and the sons of God, (the sun and the moon). you can either go to the blue letter bible online or use Thayer's Greek Definitions
- Original: πατήρ
- Transliteration: Pater
- Phonetic: pat-ayr'
- Definition:
1. generator or male ancestor
a. either the nearest ancestor: father of the corporeal nature, natural fathers, both parents
b. a more remote ancestor, the founder of a family or tribe, progenitor of a people, forefather: so Abraham is called, Jacob and David
1. fathers i.e. ancestors, forefathers, founders of a nation
c. one advanced in years, a senior
2. metaph.
a. the originator and transmitter of anything
1. the authors of a family or society of persons animated by the same spirit as himself
2. one who has infused his own spirit into others, who actuates and governs their minds
b. one who stands in a father's place and looks after another in a paternal way
c. a title of honour
1. teachers, as those to whom pupils trace back the knowledge and training they have received
2. the members of the Sanhedrin, whose prerogative it was by virtue of the wisdom and experience in which they excelled, to take charge of the interests of others
3. God is called the Father
a. of the stars, the heavenly luminaries, because he is their creator, upholder, ruler
b. of all rational and intelligent beings, whether angels or men, because he is their creator, preserver, guardian and protector

1. of spiritual beings and of all men
c. of Christians, as those who through Christ have been exalted to a specially close and intimate relationship with God, and who no longer dread him as a stern judge of sinners, but revere him as their reconciled and loving Father
d. the Father of Jesus Christ, as one whom God has united to himself in the closest bond of love and intimacy, made acquainted with his purposes, appointed to explain and carry out among men the plan of salvation, and made to share also in his own divine nature
1. by Jesus Christ himself
2. by the apostles
- Origin: apparently a root word
- TDNT entry: 20:45,8
- Part(s) of speech: Noun Masculine

and the metaphor of shouting for joy and singing, scripture,
Ps 65:13 The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing. or
Ps 148:3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.
Ps 148:4 Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
Ps 148:5 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.

here in verse 3 of Ps we have the "Sun and the Moon", in Job 38, the sons of God. the the "Stars of Light", in Job 38 the Morning Stars.

how do they praise the LORD JESUS?, by shining their Lights. for "praise", according to Bridgeway Bible Dictionary, One characteristic of the life of God’s people is that they constantly praise him. Praise is an expression of homage, adoration and thanksgiving to God either in prayer or in song, and may be accompanied by various expressions of joy

the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments
Praise: H1984 הָלַל halal (haw-lal') v.
1. (originally) to be openly clear, lacking subtlety (originally of sound). sound is to sing.
2. (typically) to be radiantly clear and obvious (usually of bold brilliant color).
3. (by implication) to clearly shine, to be splendid (as radiant).
4. (of acclamation) to splendidly praise.
5. (hence) to splendidly boast (i.e. to make a clear show).
6. (thus) to be (clamorously) foolish.
7. to rave.
8. (causatively) to celebrate.
9. (also) to stultify, make one appear foolish.
[a primitive root]
KJV: (make) boast (self), celebrate, commend, (deal, make), fool(- ish, -ly), glory, give (light), be (make, feign self) mad (against), give in marriage, (sing, be worthy of) praise, rage, renowned, shine.

the Satars in heaven praise God, the LORD JESUS by giving (Light)/shining their LIGHT in radiant or brilliant colors, singing.

can't get any plainer. Job 38 is all metaphor

Job 38 is literal.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
““Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding, Who set its measurements? Since you know. Or who stretched the line on it? “On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone, When the morning stars sang together And all the sons of God shouted for joy?” (Job 38:4–7) (NASB95)

Where were you @Dave L. when God laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding, Tell me Who set its measurements? Since you know. Or who stretched the line on it? “On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone, Where were you when the morning stars sang together And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The simple answer is that Job nor you were there when God created the heavens and the earth.

As such you do not know if all the sons of God shouted for joy when all of the angels sang together, as you have no knowledge of this just like Job.

You present yourself as having all knowledge and wisdom, but, you, sir, sadly are lacking in knowledge and wisdom.

D

Dave L

Where were you @Dave L. when God laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding, Tell me Who set its measurements? Since you know. Or who stretched the line on it? “On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone, Where were you when the morning stars sang together And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The simple answer is that Job nor you were there when God created the heavens and the earth.

As such you do not know if all the sons of God shouted for joy when all of the angels sang together, as you have no knowledge of this just like Job.

You present yourself as having all knowledge and wisdom, but, you, sir, sadly are lacking in knowledge and wisdom.
God said it, not me.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 38 is literal.
first thanks for the response, second, literal?, are you kidding, examples,
Job 38:8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
do the sea have "doors?", of course not. or let's get one near the end,
Job 38:35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?
walking lightning?, are you kidding?, and the lightning talking? are you serious?

My, my, my.

well I can take that back then, the meadow and the valley's shout and sing, so I guess the sea have door's and lightning talk.
Ps 65:13 The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing.

metaphor: a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The real simple answer is the bible states the angels shouted for joint. So unless you are saying the bible has problems, you have your answer.

I will kick in sons of god are not limited to being angels, they can also be human. I've already posted the definition proves that in prior posts.

As well the fallen angels were already chained in the pit, are neither male nor female and do not reproduce.

Giants before the flood drowned. After the flood there were still many giants reported in the bible.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God said it, not me.

Yes God was asking the question of Job as to whether or not he was there when all the stars sang together and all of the sons of God, which needs clarification as to who God was actually referring to, shouted for joy. Yes I know, God was asking the question and therefore said it, but was God being a little tongue in cheek when he was asking job all of the questions in chapter 38 and 39?

It seems to me that you are taking this quote that you have used out of context and therefore are in error by your claims.

D

Dave L

Yes God was asking the question of Job as to whether or not he was there when all the stars sang together and all of the sons of God, which needs clarification as to who God was actually referring to, shouted for joy. Yes I know, God was asking the question and therefore said it, but was God being a little tongue in cheek when he was asking job all of the questions in chapter 38 and 39?

It seems to me that you are taking this quote that you have used out of context and therefore are in error by your claims.
I only quoted scripture. If you lift it from it's context, that's on you.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The real simple answer is the bible states the angels shouted for joint
the angels shouted for Joy?, the bible do not state this. talking about taking things out of context.

the bible clearly sates, angels are not sons.
Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

this verse settles the angels as sons theory. they are not. the verse said at any time, is not Genesis 6 a time, well then listen to the bible, "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son". that's PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the response, second, literal?, are you kidding, examples,
Job 38:8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
do the sea have "doors?", of course not. or let's get one near the end,
Job 38:35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?
walking lightning?, are you kidding?, and the lightning talking? are you serious?

My, my, my.

well I can take that back then, the meadow and the valley's shout and sing, so I guess the sea have door's and lightning talk.
Ps 65:13 The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing.

metaphor: a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
Your problem is using the King James version. It is archaic English, which we do not speak.

Job 38:8 New International Version (NIV)
8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,

Job 38:35 New International Version (NIV)
35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, ‘Here we are’?

You also don't understand that figurative language that has a known meaning is considered dramatically literal.

Idealists and non literalist want everything to be figurative so they can twisted it to what they want.

Like dragon in revelations. It is defined as Satan. Or the beasts and statue of Daniel, also defined.