Another Look at "The Origins of Giants After the flood"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
again I say man was formed on day 3 and the sexes "male" and "Female" was created on day 6....
This is about as nonsensical as it gets. Sounds like science fiction.

The truth is that all land creatures as well as Adam and Eve were created on the sixth day and final day of creation.

GENESIS 1
24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which isupon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is a gun needed for a hijacking on this forum or just a big donger with even bigger attachments.

For our America cousins, "donger" a hard sticky thing that is used to bash other peoples heads in with.[/QUOTE]

Blimy, that mate, I don't.

But then again I did live in Scotland for a year.

You still haven't told me who that group is.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How is it not relevant if I provide the earliest record of the Sons of God in history?
It doesn't address the matter at hand. You quote scriptures with similar language but fail to address the issue assuming that your quotes have the connection but they don't.
This is poor exegesis and frankly, it's dishonest.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angels watch god create the earth.

Job 38:1-7 New International Version (NIV)

The Lord Speaks
38 Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:

2 “Who is this that obscures my plans
with words without knowledge?
3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The truth is that all land creatures as well as Adam and Eve were created on the sixth day and final day of creation.

GENESIS 1
24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which isupon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
First thanks for the reply.
Second, are you sure?, let's see where science fiction ends and the Word of God begins.

Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Now,
Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
Gen 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

"BEFORE" every plant, "BEFORE" every herb, And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground.

if man was formed "BEFORE" the grass, and every tree, and the herb, question time. what "DAY" was the grass, trees, and herb made on? answer read Genesis 1:9-13 above again.

and on top of that,
Gen 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Gen 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
Gen 2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

if God formed the animals out of the ground because Adam was "ALONE". and brought them to Adam, then Adam was here before the Animals.

the sexes was created on "DAY" 6.

no science fiction here.

D

Dave L

It doesn't address the matter at hand. You quote scriptures with similar language but fail to address the issue assuming that your quotes have the connection but they don't.
This is poor exegesis and frankly, it's dishonest.
So Job doesn't place the "sons of God" before creation? It clearly says the were with God when he created.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Job doesn't place the "sons of God" before creation? It clearly says the were with God when he created.
Job said angels, who are not alone sons of God. God called humans his sons as well.

Church are children of god, hence sons

Job 38:4-7 New International Version (NIV)
and all the angelsa]">[a] shouted for joy?id

The KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's Number: 01121 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
!b from (01129)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Ben TWOT - 254
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
bane Noun Masculine
Definition
  1. son, grandson, child, member of a group
    1. son, male child
    2. grandson
    3. children (pl. - male and female)
    4. youth, young men (pl.)
    5. young (of animals)
    6. sons (as characterisation, i.e. sons of injustice [for un- righteous men] or sons of God [for angels]
    7. people (of a nation) (pl.)
    8. of lifeless things, i.e. sparks, stars, arrows (fig.)
    9. a member of a guild, order, class

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Job said angels, who are not alone sons of God said
Remember, the NIV is a paraphrase.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job said angels, who are not alone sons of God said

D

Dave L

It is a translation. But if you want to try to pull that stunt, and so is the KJV
“Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them to present himself before the Lord.” (Job 2:1) (NASB95)

““Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding, Who set its measurements? Since you know. Or who stretched the line on it? “On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone, When the morning stars sang together And all the sons of God shouted for joy?” (Job 38:4–7) (NASB95)

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them to present himself before the Lord.” (Job 2:1) (NASB95)

““Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding, Who set its measurements? Since you know. Or who stretched the line on it? “On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone, When the morning stars sang together And all the sons of God shouted for joy?” (Job 38:4–7) (NASB95)

You're trying to avoid the point. I never said angels were not called sons of God. That I said you were wrong to limit the definition to angels.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are arguing with scripture, not with me.

I'm not argues scripture. I quoted the NIV and you the KJV.

So I turned to the definition, which is not limited to angels.

I also proved that giants existed long after the flood, contrary to what you claimed. And that fallen angels were chained in the pit, are neither male nor female and cannot reproduce.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GENESIS 1

No dinosaurs.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GINOLJC, to all.

dave you're stuck on Job 38, which is a metaphor. neither angels nor humans was "NO WHERE", when God laid the foundation of the heaven and the earth. I have already pointed this out to you, and has disproven your belife on this subject. God is called the "Father" of Lights also, see James 1:17. and Father is used here as CREATOR of the actual stars (morning stars), and the sons of God, (the sun and the moon). you can either go to the blue letter bible online or use Thayer's Greek Definitions
- Original: πατήρ
- Transliteration: Pater
- Phonetic: pat-ayr'
- Definition:
1. generator or male ancestor
a. either the nearest ancestor: father of the corporeal nature, natural fathers, both parents
b. a more remote ancestor, the founder of a family or tribe, progenitor of a people, forefather: so Abraham is called, Jacob and David
1. fathers i.e. ancestors, forefathers, founders of a nation
c. one advanced in years, a senior
2. metaph.
a. the originator and transmitter of anything
1. the authors of a family or society of persons animated by the same spirit as himself
2. one who has infused his own spirit into others, who actuates and governs their minds
b. one who stands in a father's place and looks after another in a paternal way
c. a title of honour
1. teachers, as those to whom pupils trace back the knowledge and training they have received
2. the members of the Sanhedrin, whose prerogative it was by virtue of the wisdom and experience in which they excelled, to take charge of the interests of others
3. God is called the Father
a. of the stars, the heavenly luminaries, because he is their creator, upholder, ruler
b. of all rational and intelligent beings, whether angels or men, because he is their creator, preserver, guardian and protector

1. of spiritual beings and of all men
c. of Christians, as those who through Christ have been exalted to a specially close and intimate relationship with God, and who no longer dread him as a stern judge of sinners, but revere him as their reconciled and loving Father
d. the Father of Jesus Christ, as one whom God has united to himself in the closest bond of love and intimacy, made acquainted with his purposes, appointed to explain and carry out among men the plan of salvation, and made to share also in his own divine nature
1. by Jesus Christ himself
2. by the apostles
- Origin: apparently a root word
- TDNT entry: 20:45,8
- Part(s) of speech: Noun Masculine

and the metaphor of shouting for joy and singing, scripture,
Ps 65:13 The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing. or
Ps 148:3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.
Ps 148:4 Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
Ps 148:5 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.

here in verse 3 of Ps we have the "Sun and the Moon", in Job 38, the sons of God. the the "Stars of Light", in Job 38 the Morning Stars.

how do they praise the LORD JESUS?, by shining their Lights. for "praise", according to Bridgeway Bible Dictionary, One characteristic of the life of God’s people is that they constantly praise him. Praise is an expression of homage, adoration and thanksgiving to God either in prayer or in song, and may be accompanied by various expressions of joy

the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments
Praise: H1984 הָלַל halal (haw-lal') v.
1. (originally) to be openly clear, lacking subtlety (originally of sound). sound is to sing.
2. (typically) to be radiantly clear and obvious (usually of bold brilliant color).
3. (by implication) to clearly shine, to be splendid (as radiant).
4. (of acclamation) to splendidly praise.
5. (hence) to splendidly boast (i.e. to make a clear show).
6. (thus) to be (clamorously) foolish.
7. to rave.
8. (causatively) to celebrate.
9. (also) to stultify, make one appear foolish.
[a primitive root]
KJV: (make) boast (self), celebrate, commend, (deal, make), fool(- ish, -ly), glory, give (light), be (make, feign self) mad (against), give in marriage, (sing, be worthy of) praise, rage, renowned, shine.

the Satars in heaven praise God, the LORD JESUS by giving (Light)/shining their LIGHT in radiant or brilliant colors, singing.

can't get any plainer. Job 38 is all metaphor

D

Dave L

GINOLJC, to all.

dave you're stuck on Job 38, which is a metaphor. neither angels nor humans was "NO WHERE", when God laid the foundation of the heaven and the earth. I have already pointed this out to you, and has disproven your belife on this subject. God is called the "Father" of Lights also, see James 1:17. and Father is used here as CREATOR of the actual stars (morning stars), and the sons of God, (the sun and the moon). you can either go to the blue letter bible online or use Thayer's Greek Definitions
- Original: πατήρ
- Transliteration: Pater
- Phonetic: pat-ayr'
- Definition:
1. generator or male ancestor
a. either the nearest ancestor: father of the corporeal nature, natural fathers, both parents
b. a more remote ancestor, the founder of a family or tribe, progenitor of a people, forefather: so Abraham is called, Jacob and David
1. fathers i.e. ancestors, forefathers, founders of a nation
c. one advanced in years, a senior
2. metaph.
a. the originator and transmitter of anything
1. the authors of a family or society of persons animated by the same spirit as himself
2. one who has infused his own spirit into others, who actuates and governs their minds
b. one who stands in a father's place and looks after another in a paternal way
c. a title of honour
1. teachers, as those to whom pupils trace back the knowledge and training they have received
2. the members of the Sanhedrin, whose prerogative it was by virtue of the wisdom and experience in which they excelled, to take charge of the interests of others
3. God is called the Father
a. of the stars, the heavenly luminaries, because he is their creator, upholder, ruler
b. of all rational and intelligent beings, whether angels or men, because he is their creator, preserver, guardian and protector

1. of spiritual beings and of all men
c. of Christians, as those who through Christ have been exalted to a specially close and intimate relationship with God, and who no longer dread him as a stern judge of sinners, but revere him as their reconciled and loving Father
d. the Father of Jesus Christ, as one whom God has united to himself in the closest bond of love and intimacy, made acquainted with his purposes, appointed to explain and carry out among men the plan of salvation, and made to share also in his own divine nature
1. by Jesus Christ himself
2. by the apostles
- Origin: apparently a root word
- TDNT entry: 20:45,8
- Part(s) of speech: Noun Masculine

and the metaphor of shouting for joy and singing, scripture,
Ps 65:13 The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing. or
Ps 148:3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.
Ps 148:4 Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
Ps 148:5 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.

here in verse 3 of Ps we have the "Sun and the Moon", in Job 38, the sons of God. the the "Stars of Light", in Job 38 the Morning Stars.

how do they praise the LORD JESUS?, by shining their Lights. for "praise", according to Bridgeway Bible Dictionary, One characteristic of the life of God’s people is that they constantly praise him. Praise is an expression of homage, adoration and thanksgiving to God either in prayer or in song, and may be accompanied by various expressions of joy

the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments
Praise: H1984 הָלַל halal (haw-lal') v.
1. (originally) to be openly clear, lacking subtlety (originally of sound). sound is to sing.
2. (typically) to be radiantly clear and obvious (usually of bold brilliant color).
3. (by implication) to clearly shine, to be splendid (as radiant).
4. (of acclamation) to splendidly praise.
5. (hence) to splendidly boast (i.e. to make a clear show).
6. (thus) to be (clamorously) foolish.
7. to rave.
8. (causatively) to celebrate.
9. (also) to stultify, make one appear foolish.
[a primitive root]
KJV: (make) boast (self), celebrate, commend, (deal, make), fool(- ish, -ly), glory, give (light), be (make, feign self) mad (against), give in marriage, (sing, be worthy of) praise, rage, renowned, shine.

the Satars in heaven praise God, the LORD JESUS by giving (Light)/shining their LIGHT in radiant or brilliant colors, singing.

can't get any plainer. Job 38 is all metaphor
If Job is a metaphor, the entire bible is.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Job is a metaphor, the entire bible is.
nope, but God uses metaphor, similes from time to time to try in teach people who are still in the flesh to understand Spiritual things, scripture
John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dave give book chapter and verse that says "It clearly says the were with God when he created".
please post the scripture that say that.

D

Dave L

dave give book chapter and verse that says "It clearly says the were with God when he created".
please post the scripture that say that.