Another one bites the dust. :(

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only place you will not see this going on is on sites where they don't allow discussions on any controversial topics, and those forums are dead as a doornail.

It was prophesied the enemy would begin using Christians against one another to ever-increasing degrees,
and that is what we are seeing now. So it requires walking in both wisdom and love to stand on the battlefield.

Yes, you nailed it here. That is what I was trying to say in post # 39
about being behind the Iron or Bamboo curtain...only then did they see that they who followed Jesus were on the SAME side. ( doctrine at that point did not matter) They had one common enemy out to destroy any Christian believers.

But, I am not sure that the Lord is not prompting me to leave this site..
Someone who I have grown fond of and respect on the Site posted after an absence this afternoon. It was if God was saying to me " Yes, all is not negative" :)
Thank you for your encouragement H.I.H.

Sorry to everyone for whining ... I guess I just needed to get it 'out there'..
better out there , than festering within. :)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately the problem is too many of us on every side of every issue put too much stock in our own doctrines or beliefs or churches and not enough in the love/charity which is needed or even in the two greatest commandments set forth by Jesus. Even if we are right in doctrine or belief or church but we come at others with the wrong spirit, we are wrong.

Tremendous post! And I see this all the time. Regardless of what their doctrines are, you will see some walk in an unclean spirit which cancels out everything they are saying. And the worst part is they have been deluded into not even being able to see they are walking in an unclean spirit (James 3:6). But the command is to demonstrate wisdom through our behavior, not just our words. These are the true wise men (James 1:13). Occasionally those with authority have no option but to chastise those who walk in uncleanness, but even this should not be done in a spirit of anger but rather one of concern for the sinner, in hopes that they return from the error of their ways (James 5:19-20).

Best post on the thread, brother. Blessings in Christ! :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! I liked that.

But Scott, Do we need SO MANY threads all discussing the very same issues?

I wish they were all just blended into one thread.
I agree they all have different titles...but the content is just the same.

Even three months ago we were having great discussions where many of us disagreed with each other...but we didn't all get nasty.

Really, it is probably just something that "I" am going through.

I guess bottom line...it is all the missing ones that makes me feel so down hearted. ( and knowing that the great majority of them stopped posting because the atmosphere of the Site had changed. )

I feel sorry for the new members,it's hardly a welcoming place any more! :oops:

But, I am sure I will work it all out.

Bless you..Helen
I got it! What was it we use to tell our children - "Now shake hands and tell your brother you're sorry?"

Or maybe we could borrow some rules from the old Family Feud TV program.

Or...maybe a warning label!

I guess I will just try to be nicer in the future - common on everybody - group hug!

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your response.
I agree, forums are set up for debate.
Debates and discussions are healthy.
I don't believe any of us are expecting to find a warm fuzzy forum where everyone agrees on everything.
Even my husband and myself don't see eye to eye on all biblical subjects.

I am just saying :-
1) The attitude of some members here, and the 'spirit' that they post in , in not godly but often vicious.
Immature Christians have not learned how to state their case and disagree politely.
and
2) I am very concerned on the amount of members who have no left this Site.
..as I say, quite a few of the list told me they were leaving because of the nasty argumentative attitude of some members here.

I'm praying about my own position. I am seeing less and less reason to stay.

The problem is this. Not everyone who comes on a 'Christian' forum is Christian. Even though they make the claim to be. This will produce attitudes and antagonism between both, Christian and pagan.

Consider this as to Christians. Every Christian has a spiritual gift miraculously empowered by the Spirit of God. And he functions and is driven with that gift. Even in churches that acknowledge the gifts, this creates some friction. The one with the gift of mercy cannot stand the one who is a prophet. The one with the gift of teaching has a hard time with the pastor. And the one with the gift of discernment of spirits has a hard time with everyone. Because they don't see what is plain in his sight.

If other members have left, there is nothing to do. But, I remember a statement from an old western movie once where everyone was leaving due to the hardships of that era. This lady says to her children, and I am praphrasing, 'we are not leaving. It's those that stay that prevail, that make something of this.'

I thought that was a good statement.

Stranger

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree with you peace would be better on these forums, but we still gotta stand up for the Truth, when we see some silly statements, we can't let deception invade this forum. If we just let people continue posting deception, it's not spiritually healthy, just like if you keep watching movies you shouldn't be watching, that's not spiritually healthy either, if you keep listening and even start agreeing to those kinda people, watching those movies that you shouldnt be watching, listening to ungodly hip-hop, dirty jokes, I think you get the picture.... of what happens, that's when Christians can start getting into a mess, that's when they get worldly and getting up to worser immoral things and stuff they shouldn't be doing.

We shouldn't keep letting people sow doubt onto these forums either. If we want a full power Gospel forum, then we gotta get pumping more faith into these forums. We shouldn't just let people needing help in their faith or agnostics searching for God keep walking away. We gotta say Jesus can do this, this and this, and He can still do this, this and this, and He is almighty, all powerful, in complete unity.

In Christian Forums, half or more of that site is in a mess and are completely divided on important Christian moral issues, so many people there are causing a stir, they are so inclusive of other religions, atheists, agnostics, etc. and they let them influence Christians on their forums. This is a friendly place compared to that site.

As for Catholics, the main thing is Jesus, and the same goes for everyone else, if they have repented, believe in Him, confessed He is Lord, then they are going to Heaven, there are some strong Catholics in Christ, like St Francis of Assisi, Madame Guyon, there is also the Spirit-filled Catholic Charismatic Renewal as Mungo told me about.

Last edited:
B

brakelite

Obviously we can each have our opiniona.
If you really believe ( which I obviously do not) that arguing and arguing over the same points, over and over is some how advancing the kingdom of God, I don't.

In every one of those threads which are increasing by the day...all saying the same thing, or repeating it again... is nothing but flesh fighting flesh.
Flesh and blood does not inherit. There are no winners.

So, go for it...maybe soon every thread on the whole Site will be a fight between Catholic flesh and Protestant flesh.

For myself...I will obviously be looking for a new Site to support.
I am seeing less and less on this Site to support.

Enjoy yourself......H
I would like to make three points.
1. By all means if such debates are performed in an ungracious, spiteful, ungodly manner, then they ought to be curtailed, or those members who contribute in a manner merely to inflame or attack on a personal level, be removed from the thread or even the site. Wouldn't be the first time.
2. If anyone has seen in any of my posts any personal abuse against any individual member I apologise...it isn't something I am prone to doing and dislike it immensely when I see it in others.
3. I do try to be original. My thread which I began on the foundations of the RCC is from a perspective I haven't seen here before...using Catholic historians as much as possible, and the writings of their own theologians, I am endeavoring to reveal how accurately all the criteria necessary to clearly reveal the 'little horn' of Daniel , which both Catholic and Protestant theologians recognise as the Antichrist, as being pertaining to the RCC. This Grace is a fairly objective study, devoid for the most part of personal opinion and conjecture. Unfortunately this hasn't reduced the personal abuse from others on that thread, but I cannot nor will I complain...truth must be told and opposition to truth must be expected because at times truth does offend. But never will I refrain from telling the truth because there is a danger in offending people.

B

brakelite

Yes, you nailed it here. That is what I was trying to say in post # 39
about being behind the Iron or Bamboo curtain...only then did they see that they who followed Jesus were on the SAME side. ( doctrine at that point did not matter) They had one common enemy out to destroy any Christian believers.

But, I am not sure that the Lord is not prompting me to leave this site..
Someone who I have grown fond of and respect on the Site posted after an absence this afternoon. It was if God was saying to me " Yes, all is not negative" :)
Thank you for your encouragement H.I.H.

Sorry to everyone for whining ... I guess I just needed to get it 'out there'..
better out there , than festering within. :)
Maybe you are the 'good wife' to everyone else on this board...the one to keep us in check...the one to tone things down when they get somewhat heated...the one to douse the flames of extremism that flare up from time to time. I too would miss you if you decide to depart. Perhaps you are here because it is not good for the rest of us to be alone?

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously we can each have our opiniona.
If you really believe ( which I obviously do not) that arguing and arguing over the same points, over and over is some how advancing the kingdom of God, I don't.

In every one of those threads which are increasing by the day...all saying the same thing, or repeating it again... is nothing but flesh fighting flesh.
Flesh and blood does not inherit. There are no winners.

So, go for it...maybe soon every thread on the whole Site will be a fight between Catholic flesh and Protestant flesh.

For myself...I will obviously be looking for a new Site to support.
I am seeing less and less on this Site to support.

Enjoy yourself......H
I am certainly not against discussions between people of different opinions, beliefs, etc., but when I see long posts on one particular doctrine or another repeatedly, I, after a cursory glance, will move on without even taking the time read further. They are not helping much, if any, the cause of either side in their little wars. They are certainly not helping God as if He needed help.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am certainly not against discussions between people of different opinions, beliefs, etc., but when I see long posts on one particular doctrine or another repeatedly, I, after a cursory glance, will move on without even taking the time read further. They are not helping much, if any, the cause of either side in their little wars. They are certainly not helping God as if He needed help.
I do exactly the same. A few people here always want to post very little but their reasons for hating this or that, and it really does get old and boring.

B

Butterfly

I must admit I read some of the threads that are contentious, but let most of it go over my head - I am not interested in the bickering or the issue of Protestant verses Catholic - it's boring to be honest, and certainly not thought provoking or challenging.
I am sorry that someone else has chosen to leave because of it xxxxx
Butterfly

Last edited by a moderator:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to be encouraged, sister. I have seen other Forums, and this one is relatively tame by comparison. Wherever they go, they will in all likelihood not find any safe-havens at this point. The war is everywhere now (as prophesied), so you have to accept the fact that you need to put your armor on whenever you log onto a Christian forum these days. The only place you will not see this going on is on sites where they don't allow discussions on any controversial topics, and those forums are dead as a doornail.

It was prophesied the enemy would begin using Christians against one another to ever-increasing degrees, and that is what we are seeing now. So it requires walking in both wisdom and love to stand on the battlefield. It was also prophesied that what you posted about in the OP would indeed take place: That most would FLEE the battlefield because they did not have any armor on. But you seem like a strong and faithful believer in Christ, so I'd hate to see you flee as well.

Blessings, Helen. You are one of the bright spots here, and the faithful need to stand and fight for each other (1 Thessalonians 3:7-8), so I hope you don't leave.

In Christ,
Hidden In Him
I agree 100% a religious forum is for debate, at no time in history has religion not been "Controversial"

It's a battle ground in the spiritual, not all religions are true and correct in their doctrine, that's where debate begins.

As you state, a forum that is suppessed from open debate in the name of "Eccumenical Harmony" are dead as door nails.

Protestant, Mormons, Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Apostolics, 7th Day Adventist, Etc, Were All Saved, We all love Jesus, let's all hold hands and March into the kingdom together?

That statement isn't true.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree 100% a religious forum is for debate, at no time in history has religion not been "Controversial"

It's a nettle ground in the spiritual, not all religions are true and correct in their doctrine, that's where debate begins.

As you state, a forum that is suppessed from open debate in the name of "Eccumenical Harmony" are dead as door nails.

Well, now understand, I actually don't take the position that a Christian Forum should be for debate. I believe it should be a place for Christians to grow together in Christ and build one another up spiritually and theologically. But this is NOT the only thing they will encounter, unfortunately, and those not prepared for that going in are going to be in for a very rude awakening. Likewise, those who expect things to change soon will also be sorely disappointed. The nice thing with this forum, however, is that there is a strong core of Charismatic believers who stick together on most threads, and there is strength in numbers.

My argument is that this site is definitely worth fighting for, in spite of the problems.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, now understand, I actually don't take the position that a Christian Forum should be for debate. I believe it should be a place for Christians to grow together in Christ and build one another up spiritually and theologically. But this is NOT the only thing they will encounter, unfortunately, and those not prepared for that going in are going to be in for a very rude awakening. Likewise, those who expect things to change soon will also be sorely disappointed. The nice thing with this forum, however, is that there is a strong core of Charismatic believers who stick together on most threads, and there is strength in numbers.

My argument is that this site is definitely worth fighting for, in spite of the problems.

Amen....I agree with all your points here.

I probably worded my posts badly....you said well, and well balance .
As you say, it doesn’t have to be “either / or” but all of the concepts mentioned.

Overbalanced always leaves us lopsided. :)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you peace would be better on these forums, but we still gotta stand up for the Truth, when we see some silly statements, we can't let deception invade this forum. If we just let people continue posting deception, it's not spiritually healthy, just like if you keep watching movies you shouldn't be watching, that's not spiritually healthy either, if you keep listening and even start agreeing to those kinda people, watching those movies that you shouldnt be watching, listening to ungodly hip-hop, dirty jokes, I think you get the picture.... of what happens, that's when Christians can start getting into a mess, that's when they get worldly and getting up to worser immoral things and stuff they shouldn't be doing.

We shouldn't keep letting people sow doubt onto these forums either. If we want a full power Gospel forum, then we gotta get pumping more faith into these forums. We shouldn't just let people needing help in their faith or agnostics searching for God keep walking away. We gotta say Jesus can do this, this and this, and He can still do this, this and this, and He is almighty, all powerful, in complete unity.

In Christian Forums, half or more of that site is in a mess and are completely divided on important Christian moral issues, so many people there are causing a stir, they are so inclusive of other religions, atheists, agnostics, etc. and they let them influence Christians on their forums. This is a friendly place compared to that site.

As for Catholics, the main thing is Jesus, and the same goes for everyone else, if they have repented, believe in Him, confessed He is Lord, then they are going to Heaven, there are some strong Catholics in Christ, like St Francis of Assisi, Madame Guyon, there is also the Spirit-filled Catholic Charismatic Renewal as Mungo told me about.
Nobody has denied the fact that Catholics can find Jesus Christ, Just as Martin Luther did.

However how long could a Spirit filled Christian live under the teachings as seen in the Catholic Catechism?

I believe at some point, the factual truth will be die on the vine, or exit stage right

Reactions: Triumph1300

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A few friends of mine are spirit filled Christians.
They attend a catholic church.
They say they want to change things there.
And that's why they are staying.

Reactions: Helen and Josho

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They won't change the Catholic Church, there have been thousands that have went before.

Just like saying you find Jesus Christ as Lord, and want to change Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Ain't Gonna Happen.

"Leave"!

A beautiful testimony below of a sister that found Jesus and left the Catholic Pope, Rosary Beads, and Church, Amen!

Grams said:
I was brought up a catholic and stayed till the age of my 50's....
And was not saved

My husband was the same.................... SO..............................

Our children tried other religions and after a while
we found a bible church ....... and that was the first time I bought a bible..

Till then it was only a prayer book and rosary ..............................!

NOW I am SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!

And now my husband has passed away and I know were he is !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Triumph1300

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They won't change the Catholic Church, there have been thousands that have went before.

I agree that they likely won't change things, but that doesn't mean God might not have a purpose in them staying. I had a bit of a revelation last week when a Catholic woman posted a dream that even spoke favorably of the practice of holy water. At first I was leery of wanting to even touch it, but then I just told her in private to be prepared if the dream spoke negatively of her church for some reason.

But when I finally did the interpretation, it didn't actually say anything negative about the leadership, just the laity, which is the way it is in many Protestant churches as well.

Let me see if I can find it. I was pleasantly surprised.
"I was being choked by an unseen force while on a visit to my grandma's home. I was having trouble breathing and I could not talk. I signaled to my mom that I needed holy water to rid this spirit. But my mom was too busy watching TV, and didn't try much to interpret what I needed. She went back to watching TV. My brother finally responded and told me the holy water was between St. Columban and St. Christopher's Statue by the river. The statues are located in the river.

So I ran on the bridge towards the stairs that would lead down to the River. On my way there I look down and see huge giant alligators/ crocs eating people; swallowing them whole. These people were so focused on swimming that they didn't notice the alligators coming. The rest of the people were so occupied they didn't see the alligators eating other people. One giant alligator ate the parents of 3 kids, but the kids stopped to cradle and hug the baby alligators despite the large one eating their parents.

Some side notes:
1) St Columban is the name of the church I attend. 2) I am traveling to see my grandmother in June. Her house has dark negative supernatural activity. 3) I make it a point never to step inside that house when I visit. However this time I will be entering that house because she is too ill to leave the house. I plan on praying the rosary and divine mercy over her during my visit. In the meanwhile I am praying for her from far away 4) My kids are coming with me this time and will not be entering that house. 5) I also plan on speaking to my uncle to ask him to pray and have faith. He has been having suicidal thoughts because if his finances.

My interpretation:
"Thank you for allowing me to publish this in public, CW. It is both interesting and frightening at the same time, yet I believe can be of benefit to others; those Christians especially who are too caught up in the entertainments of this world, and do not have eyes to see the spiritual dangers lurking all around them.

- The unseen force choking you on your visit to your grandmother's house is a demonic spirit. This particular demon that may eventually target you is a spirit of illness, and it seeks to choke the life and breath out of others. It currently dwells in your grandmother's house, and will pass on to your mother after she dies, and then on to you unless someone comes against it in the name and authority of Jesus Christ.
- The reason it is allowed to operate now so successfully in your grandmother's house is because your mother has not dealt with it; she has been too distracted by the world's entertainments, the TV in particular, and can't be bothered even if that spirit ends up attacking you.
- Your brother recognizes it as a true spiritual danger, and so directs you to where you can find "holy water." While I am not Catholic, the Catholic Church has a very strong tradition where exorcism is concerned, and exorcism is what is being represented by the water. Deliverance is required in dealing with the types of spirits referred to in this dream. They are spirits that threaten physical life (as with your mother), and those that tempt with suicidal thoughts (as with your uncle).
- The reference to finding this water (i.e. deliverance) "between St. Columban and St. Christopher's Statue by the river" is a reference to finding deliverance through your church. However, the next paragraph suggests that there are many in that church who are likewise in danger of being victimized by these same spirits, because they too are too distracted by worldly entertainments.
- "So I ran on the bridge... and look down and see huge giant alligators/ crocs eating people; swallowing them whole." = These are the same spirits working in your grandmother and uncle whom you now see "devouring" other people as well. The alligators represent illness/depression, and the crocodiles represent suicidal mindsets. To be "swallowed whole" refers to one's thoughts becoming utterly consumed with them.
- "These people were so focused on swimming that they didn't notice the alligators coming." = Again, too caught in worldly entertainments, i.e "swimming" to notice the spiritual dangers lurking all around them, and these spirits are coming for them.
- "The rest of the people were so occupied they didn't see the alligators eating other people." = This is a prefect parallel with what your mother was doing with you. She was too "preoccupied" with the TV to "see" what was happening in your life spiritually, or recognize it in what is happening to your grandmother in real life.
- "One giant alligator ate the parents of 3 kids, but the kids stopped to cradle and hug the baby alligators despite the large one eating their parents." = This is the most disturbing part of the dream. The kids cannot see what is actually happening any more than anyone else can; they too are distracted, this time with the "baby" forms of these same spirits (illness/depression and suicide), as if such spirits are "cute." Drug use and the "spirit" of the times are suggested here, since depression and suicide became fashionable themes in music industry several decades ago, and you are located in Los Angeles which is still the heart of the entertainment capital of the world).

So this says that the Christian youth in your church and area are entertaining the "baby" forms of these same spirits that are threatening the lives of their elders in their full-blown form. Thus, these spirits are not being taken seriously by anyone yet, so the Lord is calling you to take them seriously. You can see them, and you are being allowed to "feel" their effects now in this dream, so you must now allow God to use you to attack them in the name of Jesus Christ.

It made me realize that He is still speaking to them just as He is still speaking to us. Are they steeped in some false doctrine? Yes. But He hasn't forsaken them yet by any means.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that they likely won't change things, but that doesn't mean God might not have a purpose in them staying. I had a bit of a revelation last week when a Catholic woman posted a dream that even spoke favorably of the practice of holy water. At first I was leery of wanting to even touch it, but then I just told her in private to be prepared if the dream spoke negatively of her church for some reason.

But when I finally did the interpretation, it didn't actually say anything negative about the leadership, just the laity, which is the way it is in many Protestant churches as well.

Let me see if I can find it. I was pleasantly surprised.
"I was being choked by an unseen force while on a visit to my grandma's home. I was having trouble breathing and I could not talk. I signaled to my mom that I needed holy water to rid this spirit. But my mom was too busy watching TV, and didn't try much to interpret what I needed. She went back to watching TV. My brother finally responded and told me the holy water was between St. Columban and St. Christopher's Statue by the river. The statues are located in the river.

So I ran on the bridge towards the stairs that would lead down to the River. On my way there I look down and see huge giant alligators/ crocs eating people; swallowing them whole. These people were so focused on swimming that they didn't notice the alligators coming. The rest of the people were so occupied they didn't see the alligators eating other people. One giant alligator ate the parents of 3 kids, but the kids stopped to cradle and hug the baby alligators despite the large one eating their parents.

Some side notes:
1) St Columban is the name of the church I attend. 2) I am traveling to see my grandmother in June. Her house has dark negative supernatural activity. 3) I make it a point never to step inside that house when I visit. However this time I will be entering that house because she is too ill to leave the house. I plan on praying the rosary and divine mercy over her during my visit. In the meanwhile I am praying for her from far away 4) My kids are coming with me this time and will not be entering that house. 5) I also plan on speaking to my uncle to ask him to pray and have faith. He has been having suicidal thoughts because if his finances.

My interpretation:
"Thank you for allowing me to publish this in public, CW. It is both interesting and frightening at the same time, yet I believe can be of benefit to others; those Christians especially who are too caught up in the entertainments of this world, and do not have eyes to see the spiritual dangers lurking all around them.

- The unseen force choking you on your visit to your grandmother's house is a demonic spirit. This particular demon that may eventually target you is a spirit of illness, and it seeks to choke the life and breath out of others. It currently dwells in your grandmother's house, and will pass on to your mother after she dies, and then on to you unless someone comes against it in the name and authority of Jesus Christ.
- The reason it is allowed to operate now so successfully in your grandmother's house is because your mother has not dealt with it; she has been too distracted by the world's entertainments, the TV in particular, and can't be bothered even if that spirit ends up attacking you.
- Your brother recognizes it as a true spiritual danger, and so directs you to where you can find "holy water." While I am not Catholic, the Catholic Church has a very strong tradition where exorcism is concerned, and exorcism is what is being represented by the water. Deliverance is required in dealing with the types of spirits referred to in this dream. They are spirits that threaten physical life (as with your mother), and those that tempt with suicidal thoughts (as with your uncle).
- The reference to finding this water (i.e. deliverance) "between St. Columban and St. Christopher's Statue by the river" is a reference to finding deliverance through your church. However, the next paragraph suggests that there are many in that church who are likewise in danger of being victimized by these same spirits, because they too are too distracted by worldly entertainments.
- "So I ran on the bridge... and look down and see huge giant alligators/ crocs eating people; swallowing them whole." = These are the same spirits working in your grandmother and uncle whom you now see "devouring" other people as well. The alligators represent illness/depression, and the crocodiles represent suicidal mindsets. To be "swallowed whole" refers to one's thoughts becoming utterly consumed with them.
- "These people were so focused on swimming that they didn't notice the alligators coming." = Again, too caught in worldly entertainments, i.e "swimming" to notice the spiritual dangers lurking all around them, and these spirits are coming for them.
- "The rest of the people were so occupied they didn't see the alligators eating other people." = This is a prefect parallel with what your mother was doing with you. She was too "preoccupied" with the TV to "see" what was happening in your life spiritually, or recognize it in what is happening to your grandmother in real life.
- "One giant alligator ate the parents of 3 kids, but the kids stopped to cradle and hug the baby alligators despite the large one eating their parents." = This is the most disturbing part of the dream. The kids cannot see what is actually happening any more than anyone else can; they too are distracted, this time with the "baby" forms of these same spirits (illness/depression and suicide), as if such spirits are "cute." Drug use and the "spirit" of the times are suggested here, since depression and suicide became fashionable themes in music industry several decades ago, and you are located in Los Angeles which is still the heart of the entertainment capital of the world).

So this says that the Christian youth in your church and area are entertaining the "baby" forms of these same spirits that are threatening the lives of their elders in their full-blown form. Thus, these spirits are not being taken seriously by anyone yet, so the Lord is calling you to take them seriously. You can see them, and you are being allowed to "feel" their effects now in this dream, so you must now allow God to use you to attack them in the name of Jesus Christ.

It made me realize that He is still speaking to them just as He is still speaking to us. Are they steeped in some false doctrine? Yes. But He hasn't forsaken them yet by any means.
I Believe the testimony of the sister below is powerful and true, she was in the Church for 50 years, holding a prayer book and rosary beads?

She found Jesus Christ And Left, That Is My Advice to Anyone, You Can Work On The Outside Looking In.

A beautiful testimony below of a sister that found Jesus and left the Catholic Pope, Rosary Beads, and Church, Amen!

Grams said:
I was brought up a catholic and stayed till the age of my 50's....
And was not saved

My husband was the same.................... SO..............................

Our children tried other religions and after a while
we found a bible church ....... and that was the first time I bought a bible..

Till then it was only a prayer book and rosary ..............................!

NOW I am SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!

And now my husband has passed away and I know were he is !!!!!!!!!!!!