Another one bites the dust. :(

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Eternal destinies are at stake here. I believe we need to tolerate these threads, maybe even encourage them, while at the same time taking strict charge over the behaviour of those participating. But to allow them to continue is vital I think.

Obviously we can each have our opiniona.
If you really believe ( which I obviously do not) that arguing and arguing over the same points, over and over is some how advancing the kingdom of God, I don't.

In every one of those threads which are increasing by the day...all saying the same thing, or repeating it again... is nothing but flesh fighting flesh.
Flesh and blood does not inherit. There are no winners.

So, go for it...maybe soon every thread on the whole Site will be a fight between Catholic flesh and Protestant flesh.

For myself...I will obviously be looking for a new Site to support.
I am seeing less and less on this Site to support.

Enjoy yourself......H

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Correct.
Looks like trouble makers like Marymag are taking over this forum.
Can't post anything here anymore without getting nasty responses.
Might be time to move on soon.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have done moratoriums on new homosexual threads before and trinity threads, when some members joined for the sole purpose of pushing that agenda and argued ad nauseum about it all over the place.

We could do something similar for the Catholic protestant debates, if new topics on this keep popping up.
You can censor everything and word, just like Canada is doing against conservative christianity.

Create New Forum's

"Controversial Issues", A catch all for everything.

There are already several "Liberal Leftist" boards with censorship on the mention of anything Liberal Agenda, will this board be added to the bunch?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must remember two things. 1.) Forums do not replace your fellowship in the Church. 2.) It is the nature of forums to argue and fight.

You do not want to find a local church fellowship. Thus you desire a fellowship in the forums. But that is only possible if you find everyone in harmony. Which you won't because forums are geared for arguing.

I cannot stress enough the importance of finding local church fellowship where you physically meet with other believers.

Stranger
I agree forums are to argue and debate in many cases.

The answer is to create designated forums, problem answered.

If a person wants to post and argue Catholicism, it will be in the Catholic forum, simple, easy, problem solved.

If a person does not want to engage in deviation "catholicism" stay out don't read.

Any thing other than this will be censorship, and it appears to be to silence the "Conservative" voice.

#18 above Iforrest: We have done moratoriums on new homosexual threads before

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of subjects here to discuss and way more civilized.
I have been on there for years now.
Disagreement yes, but not the nagging and repeating like here.

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/
I went and checked the board out, appears there is no participation on the board.

I checked the popular forums at this board, looks like a hand full are active, with 80% of threads being started by a handful of posters.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but I am going to take a different tack, and defend those who bring to the fore those issues that divide us. Prophecy informs us that in our lifetime, the entire planet will be divided between just two camps. Two. Not three, not 4000, 2. On one side, Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth. (Revelation 14:8; 17:1-6; 18:1-5). She is the Boss of the majority. She is a church. A global ecumenical monstrosity that uses the state to issue law supporting church doctrine, and 'encourages' the state to eventually put to death those who continue to rebel against this church/state union.
On the other side, there are those who choose to "keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus". We need to face the fact that even now Babylon the Great is vying for power and control over the minds and hearts of men everywhere. This is a phenomenon that is evident in current affairs and politics if you are willing to dig deep enough and not simply accept the superficial press releases that sound so 'nice' and 'peace oriented'. The parable of the sheep and the goats is being enacted right now...all of us are being called into one or other of those two camps. It is God Himself who inspired the prophecies...it is God Himself who is exposing the characters and natures of the two protagonists in the debate. Not just on a personal level, (which is happening), but on an institutional level. The 'qualifications' of the candidates must come under severe scrutiny.
Eternal destinies are at stake here. I believe we need to tolerate these threads, maybe even encourage them, while at the same time taking strict charge over the behaviour of those participating. But to allow them to continue is vital I think. The time is coming when we are all going to have to make a public and judicial declaration as to where our loyalties lie. To do so we need to be wholly informed. These threads assist in achieving that end. Controversial though they may be. Politically incorrect they may be. But what they do is provide motivation to be informed and educated. Although none need to blindly accept whatever is written, it behooves us to find out what is Truth. And choose our paths accordingly.

Brakelite: on the whole I agree with you and the importance and significance of bringing out and maintaining these threads and forums. I would like to add that I've not found any vile or vicious comments come my way. I have found both many frustrated and happy folks that want to learn and contribute. I'm on this site for sharing, learning and edifying if possible. I hope this site does not become an ineffective learning spiritual tool that ceases to share spiritual ideas. Those that have departed or threaten to leave this site is their own business and problem as far as I'm concerned. No one can be their brother or sisters keep in this environment. I'm not here to be Mr. popular. I think more should get a backbone and not wane under pressure when insecurities and unpleasant things arise from this site (as in life for that matter).

Stick around a bit and speak your mind. It might say a life.

brakelite, I do see your views at least 80% of time and I agree with then....even the 20% diff will not keep me off the site.

Keep on preaching and sharing b
rakelite.

Bless you,

APAK

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sperate forums will keep controversy and debate away from the general posters, they don't have to enter, ignore?

Grace there is no 100% positive Christian site, I've been on several boards, there is always a bias, either conservative or liberal.

Let's be seeker friendly, void of truth, don't want to offend, lets not talk about controversial subjects?

Everybody hold hands, were all going to heaven, no such thing as hell?

Don't post on or against?

homosexuality
Abortion
Adultery
Fornication
Same sex marriage
Catholicism
Mormonism
Jehovah's Witnesses
7th Day Adventism
Preterism
Etc?
You have Catholicism listed with major sins and cults, and people wonder why Catholics get defensive. IMO, it is this kind of radical anti-Catholicism THAT IS DESTROYING THIS BOARD.

anticatholicism.jpg

Reactions: Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously we can each have our opiniona.
If you really believe ( which I obviously do not) that arguing and arguing over the same points, over and over is some how advancing the kingdom of God, I don't.

In every one of those threads which are increasing by the day...all saying the same thing, or repeating it again... is nothing but flesh fighting flesh.
Flesh and blood does not inherit. There are no winners.

So, go for it...maybe soon every thread on the whole Site will be a fight between Catholic flesh and Protestant flesh.

Enjoy yourself......H
I agree Helen in
You have Catholicism listed with major sins and cults, and people wonder why Catholics get defensive. IMO, it is this kind of radical anti-Catholicism THAT IS DESTROYING THIS BOARD.

anticatholicism.jpg
I don't see this board being destroyed, however I don't see Roman Catholics being unchallenged with what I and many others see as false doctrines and traditions.

I have no hatred towards you, however the teachings of the RCC are not in line with scripture.

I added protestant to the list, no I'll intent was intended.

homosexuality
Abortion
Adultery
Fornication
Same sex marriage
Protestant
Pentecostal
Catholicism
Mormonism
Jehovah's Witnesses
7th Day Adventism
Preterism
Etc?

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree Helen in

I don't see this board being destroyed, however I don't see Roman Catholics being unchallenged with what I and many others see as false doctrines and traditions.

I have no hatred towards you, however the teachings of the RCC are not in line with scripture.

I added protestant to the list, no I'll intent was intended.

homosexuality
Abortion
Adultery
Fornication
Same sex marriage
Protestant
Pentecostal
Catholicism
Mormonism
Jehovah's Witnesses
7th Day Adventism
Preterism
Etc?
I've been following you for some time. Not once have you ever POLITELY challenged any teachings or traditions. Evidently don't know what they are so you bash out of laziness. Blind prejudice is not from God, and bearing false witness is not a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

There are no thread titles bashing "Baptists" or "Evangelicals" or "Pentecostals" or your church, whatever it is, that would be against the rules.

ANTI-CATHOLICISM IS A TRADITION OF MEN!

Reactions: Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been following you for some time. Not once have you ever POLITELY challenged any teachings or traditions. Evidently don't know what they are so you bash out of laziness. Blind prejudice is not from God, and bearing false witness is not a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

There are no thread titles bashing "Baptists" or "Evangelicals" or "Pentecostals" or your church, whatever it is, that would be against the rules.

ANTI-CATHOLICISM IS A TRADITION OF MEN!
There is no bashing as you suggest, your no victim as you claim.

Many that have received the gift of "unknown tongues" myself included, are being challenged in debate, by other denominations that this is a false doctrine and teaching?

I'm not claiming to be a victim and being bashed, it's open biblical debate and opinion.

You state I'm blind, prejudiced, lazy, bearing false witness, and anti catholic, "All False Calims"

I'm the victim being bashed don't ya think :)

Open debate is on RCC doctrine, I'll attach a link that you have not responded to, we can politely debate "The Topic"

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree Helen in

Then politely post what you think they are and we can discuss it like civilized human beings.

What assurances can you give that your teachings are in line with scripture over and above 40,000 opinions of what is in line with scripture? And where in scripture does it say that every single devotion and practice must be "in line with scripture" to be valid? Now where. It's a tradition of men. And who appointed you to be sole arbitrator to determine what is "in line with scripture" and what isn't? But I remind you that every Catholic teaching is in line with scripture, directly, indirectly, or inferred. You are just too prejudiced to see it and you refuse to understand development.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then politely post what you think they are and we can discuss it like civilized human beings.

What assurances can you give that your teachings are in line with scripture over and above 40,000 opinions of what is in line with scripture? And where in scripture does it say that every single devotion and practice must be "in line with scripture" to be valid? Now where. It's a tradition of men. And who appointed you to be sole arbitrator to determine what is "in line with scripture" and what isn't? But I remind you that every Catholic teaching is in line with scripture, directly, indirectly, or inferred. You are just too prejudiced to see it and you refuse to understand development.
Open debate is on RCC doctrine, I'll attach a link that you have not responded to, we can politely debate "The Topic"

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another INBOX message saying.... " I'm leaving this Site because of all the arguing and aggression between some members "....that makes 4 this month now!! :oops:

Three of the 4 mentioned it was the great and growing) amount of 'Catholic versus Protestant' arguments ( now six threads) on the Site...it now dominates. :(

I have felt the same this month.:oops:

If the aggressive Protestants just STOPPED starting anti-Catholic threads, the Catholics would not feel attacked all the time and have to continually defend what they believe or how they worship God.

Can we at least pray for this Site...before more people get fed up with , and weary of all the stupid, arguing, name calling threads....and leave too? ✟
This is certainly a tough subject...and I would tend to agree. I hate to see the conversation go derogatory. But we are to rebuke a brother who speaks or acts contrary to God, and that is where it gets difficult. And then there is the idea that this may just be the place, even if we would rather it be a place to publicly display our love for one another - which I sure hope does come through at least some of the time.

Yeah - just hate to see so much infighting - you'd think we were family or something!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is certainly a tough subject...and I would tend to agree. I hate to see the conversation go derogatory. But we are to rebuke a brother who speaks or acts contrary to God, and that is where it gets difficult. And then there is the idea that this may just be the place, even if we would rather it be a place to publicly display our love for one another - which I sure hope does come through at least some of the time.

Yeah - just hate to see so much infighting - you'd think we were family or something!

Haha! I liked that.

But Scott, Do we need SO MANY threads all discussing the very same issues?

I wish they were all just blended into one thread.
I agree they all have different titles...but the content is just the same.

Even three months ago we were having great discussions where many of us disagreed with each other...but we didn't all get nasty.

Really, it is probably just something that "I" am going through.

I guess bottom line...it is all the missing ones that makes me feel so down hearted. ( and knowing that the great majority of them stopped posting because the atmosphere of the Site had changed. )

I feel sorry for the new members,it's hardly a welcoming place any more! :oops:

But, I am sure I will work it all out.

Bless you..Helen

Reactions: ScottA and Willie T

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I have to agree with you. You and BOL are the "defenders" of what you believe. And as you know I have said before. God is our final Judge...only then He will say- "who is in and who is out!"
I personally believe there will be some surprises...
None of us really know. The End is yet to come.
But , until then, a word to ALL of us.
Rom 14
" Who art thou that judgest another man's servant?
to his own master he standeth or falleth.
Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind
."

Praise God...He has the last word.
Perfect doctrine does not mean a perfect heart. He will be looking for hearts which reflect His heart.

You have probably seen me say to BOL before....I still believe that the days are going to get even darker...and I believe all of us will find ourselves standing shoulder to shoulder.

Those who were imprisoned (for being Christians) behind the Iron or Bamboo Curtain have written books saying how they "broke bread" together even if it was rotting bread.
ANYONE who names the name of Christ will in the mind of those Anti-Christians all look the same to them. ( whatever domination.)

But, like I say...time will tell.
Just my two cents..and my opinion.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can well understand why so many have and are, leaving here, in the endeavour to find a more positive Christian Site.
The list is getting long now. :(

Bless you...Helen.

Try to be encouraged, sister. I have seen other Forums, and this one is relatively tame by comparison. Wherever they go, they will in all likelihood not find any safe-havens at this point. The war is everywhere now (as prophesied), so you have to accept the fact that you need to put your armor on whenever you log onto a Christian forum these days. The only place you will not see this going on is on sites where they don't allow discussions on any controversial topics, and those forums are dead as a doornail.

It was prophesied the enemy would begin using Christians against one another to ever-increasing degrees, and that is what we are seeing now. So it requires walking in both wisdom and love to stand on the battlefield. It was also prophesied that what you posted about in the OP would indeed take place: That most would FLEE the battlefield because they did not have any armor on. But you seem like a strong and faithful believer in Christ, so I'd hate to see you flee as well.

Blessings, Helen. You are one of the bright spots here, and the faithful need to stand and fight for each other (1 Thessalonians 3:7-8), so I hope you don't leave.

In Christ,
Hidden In Him