Another one bites the dust. :(

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another INBOX message saying.... " I'm leaving this Site because of all the arguing and aggression between some members "....that makes 4 this month now!! :oops:

Three of the 4 mentioned it was the great and growing) amount of 'Catholic versus Protestant' arguments ( now six threads) on the Site...it now dominates. :(

I have felt the same this month.:oops:

If the aggressive Protestants just STOPPED starting anti-Catholic threads, the Catholics would not feel attacked all the time and have to continually defend what they believe or how they worship God.

Can we at least pray for this Site...before more people get fed up with , and weary of all the stupid, arguing, name calling threads....and leave too? ✟

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well need to increase the number of anti-catholic threads...I just saw two more started today. ( by protestants ) That makes 8 now... :(

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't have to open those threads. I seldom do anymore.
To take your mind off it, I have 24 pages of questions and observations on the book, The Shack, that I can mail you. My wife and I are currently going through them simply because since leaving the local Vineyard about 7 months ago, it is tough to find a church that does not lean too far right or left.

Reactions: Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another INBOX message saying.... " I'm leaving this Site because of all the arguing and aggression between some members "....that makes 4 this month now!! :oops:

Three of the 4 mentioned it was the great and growing) amount of 'Catholic versus Protestant' arguments ( now six threads) on the Site...it now dominates. :(

If the aggressive Protestants just STOPPED starting anti-Catholic threads, the Catholics would not feel attacked all the time and have to continually defend what they believe or how they worship God.

Can we at least pray for this Site...before more people get fed up with , and weary of all the stupid, arguing, name calling threads....and leave too? ✟
Grace I think starting a forum specifically dedicated to Catholic discussion and debate like many other boards have would be the answer?

It will keep the catholic/protestant/other debate away from the other forums.

If you don't want to discuss catholicism or see it debated, the New forum will solve the problem?

I can't see It's a one sided coin, as Catholics start threads as do those that oppose the Catholic teachings.

Many other boards clearly identify the subject?

Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Preterism, Catholicism, 7th Day Adventism, homosexuality, abortion, etc?

Just a thought?

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@"ByGrace"
Unfortunately the problem is too of us on every side of every issue put too much stock in our own doctrines or beliefs or churches and not enough in the love/charity which is needed or even in the two greatest commandments set forth by Jesus. Even if we are right in doctrine or belief or church but we come at others with the wrong spirit, we are wrong. We need to remember that only God gives the increase. All of us believe we are right. Some of us, if not all of us, certainly are not.

Nevertheless God can help. I am praying that God will let all of us understand what are the first things and that each of us will always seek those things first and leave the rest in His capable hands. O Lord also keep us from anger and from personal attacks against anyone here.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree.....God isn't in any of that...that is pure flesh....but I will be in agreement and pray. God Bless.

Reactions: Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well let increase the number of anti-catholic threads...I just saw two more started today. ( by protestants ) That makes 8 now... :(

I Absolutely Agree With You, I also Hoped for Edification and Understanding, Which I thought would Lead to Growth, To Much Nonsense! I Certainly Will Miss You! Try to Keep in Touch, May Yahova Bless You and Keep You, May Yahova Make His Face to Shin Upon You,and be Gracious to You, May Yahova Lift Up His Countenance Toward You, and Give You Peace, In the name Of Yeshua [Jesus] the Prince of Peace, AMN

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I Certainly Will Miss You! Try to Keep in Touch, May Yahova Bless You and Keep You, May Yahova Make His Face to Shin Upon You,and be Gracious to You, May Yahova Lift Up His Countenance Toward You, and Give You Peace, In the name Of Yeshua [Jesus] the Prince of Peace, AMN

Thank you!
I am not "out of the door" yet. :)

But I must say I do get so disappointed when I come on here and see all the silly arguing.

Obviously that answer "should" be, that we who don't enjoy the Cath v Prot debates start good discussions that we enjoy and get edified by, and hope the other don't decide to bring their arguments over into them! Ha!

But, try as I may, I don't seem to have the knack or anointing to start good threads. :D

So, my best attack is to pray God's anointing down on this Site and hope we get a good influx of mature interesting posters!!

I still believe in miracles :)

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We don't have to open those threads. I seldom do anymore.
To take your mind off it, I have 24 pages of questions and observations on the book, The Shack, that I can mail you. My wife and I are currently going through them simply because since leaving the local Vineyard about 7 months ago, it is tough to find a church that does not lean too far right or left.

Sounds good Willie. :)
Sadly, I have opted out of the "Church" scene now...as you say...can't find a true balanced church any more. And I find myself groaning when I hear some "pastors" preach!

Reactions: pompadour

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Grace I think starting a forum specifically dedicated to Catholic discussion and debate like many other boards have would be the answer?

It will keep the catholic/protestant/other debate away from the other forums.

If you don't want to discuss catholicism or see it debated, the New forum will solve the problem?

I can't see It's a one sided coin, as Catholics start threads as do those that oppose the Catholic teachings.

Many other boards clearly identify the subject?

Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Preterism, Catholicism, 7th Day Adventism, homosexuality, abortion, etc?

Just a thought?

I can hear what you are saying. It may work.
But I follow some people who do post in those ( negative) threads...so I always want to click into my alerts and read their posts.
I guess Willie is right..."I should not" click into or read those threads.

But, that does not slow down the people who have inboxed me with a message saying " Good bye, Im out of here" We have lost too many because of all those debates which to anyone looking at the forum threads, does not overwhelm the Site.

Those debates do not edify , encourage, bring comfort, or add anything positive to the life of the believer. They do not reflect the face of the Lord.

I can well understand why so many have and are, leaving here, in the endeavour to find a more positive Christian Site.
The list is getting long now. :(

Bless you...Helen.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you!
I am not "out of the door" yet. :)

But I must say I do get so disappointed when I come on here and see all the silly arguing.

Obviously that answer "should" be, that we who don't enjoy the Cath v Prot debates start good discussions that we enjoy and get edified by, and hope the other don't decide to bring their arguments over into them! Ha!

But, try as I may, I don't seem to have the knack or anointing to start good threads. :D

So, my best attack is to pray God's anointing down on this Site and hope we get a good influx of mature interesting posters!!

I still believe in miracles :)

I am truly glad, by your OP I thought you went South, There are many here that have rely good Attributes, some make us think, and some make us laugh, and some just have the ability to point in direction's we may not have ever thought about. So as one other said on this thread, just side step the bashing thread's. We do not have to drink from their cup.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@BG, do as I have done, take a break, and address only topic of interest.

PCY.

YOU my friend have been one that I have sadly missed on here. :(

Nice to see you pop in once in a while to the "Weather" thread.

Once, a number of years ago ( on a different Christian Site) I did just that...
"I took a break"...trouble is, I never went back again!! :D

So as I like many of the people here...I am a bit scared to do that...I may never return :D :D
So , I may get "quieter" if even more C v P threads appear...but I will for sure check in to the Site.

Plus, I have to always see what my friend @amadeus is posting ..and @bbyrd009 is posting.. and you...if you are back again. :)

Every blessing....Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You must remember two things. 1.) Forums do not replace your fellowship in the Church. 2.) It is the nature of forums to argue and fight.

You do not want to find a local church fellowship. Thus you desire a fellowship in the forums. But that is only possible if you find everyone in harmony. Which you won't because forums are geared for arguing.

I cannot stress enough the importance of finding local church fellowship where you physically meet with other believers.

Stranger

Reactions: Nancy and Willie T

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU my friend have been one that I have sadly missed on here. :(

Nice to see you pop in once in a while to the "Weather" thread.

Once, a number of years ago ( on a different Christian Site) I did just that...
"I took a break"...trouble is, I never went back again!! :D

So as I like many of the people here...I am a bit scared to do that...I may never return :D :D
So , I may get "quieter" if even more C v P threads appear...but I will for sure check in to the Site.

Plus, I have to always see what my friend @amadeus is posting ..and @bbyrd009 is posting.. and you...if you are back again. :)

Every blessing....Helen
Well, don't take a break... :eek: .... :).

yes, I just pop in now and then, but understand, I'm like the apostle Paul .... set for the defense of the gospel. I'm confident in where I stand in the word of God, so I'm at rest. and I love it.

yes, it's the christian indeed who I check on. notice I did not say just Christians, but Christians indeed. like there are disciples, and there are disciple indeed. there's a message there.... :p

but be blessed and .... stay .... :cool:

PCY.

Reactions: pompadour and Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can hear what you are saying. It may work.
But I follow some people who do post in those ( negative) threads...so I always want to click into my alerts and read their posts.
I guess Willie is right..."I should not" click into or read those threads.

But, that does not slow down the people who have inboxed me with a message saying " Good bye, Im out of here" We have lost too many because of all those debates which to anyone looking at the forum threads, does not overwhelm the Site.

Those debates do not edify , encourage, bring comfort, or add anything positive to the life of the believer. They do not reflect the face of the Lord.

I can well understand why so many have and are, leaving here, in the endeavour to find a more positive Christian Site.
The list is getting long now. :(

Bless you...Helen.
Sperate forums will keep controversy and debate away from the general posters, they don't have to enter, ignore?

Grace there is no 100% positive Christian site, I've been on several boards, there is always a bias, either conservative or liberal.

Let's be seeker friendly, void of truth, don't want to offend, lets not talk about controversial subjects?

Everybody hold hands, were all going to heaven, no such thing as hell?

Don't post on or against?

homosexuality
Abortion
Adultery
Fornication
Same sex marriage
Catholicism
Mormonism
Jehovah's Witnesses
7th Day Adventism
Preterism
Etc?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
We have done moratoriums on new homosexual threads before and trinity threads, when some members joined for the sole purpose of pushing that agenda and argued ad nauseum about it all over the place.

We could do something similar for the Catholic protestant debates, if new topics on this keep popping up.

B

brakelite

Sorry, but I am going to take a different tack, and defend those who bring to the fore those issues that divide us. Prophecy informs us that in our lifetime, the entire planet will be divided between just two camps. Two. Not three, not 4000, 2. On one side, Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth. (Revelation 14:8; 17:1-6; 18:1-5). She is the Boss of the majority. She is a church. A global ecumenical monstrosity that uses the state to issue law supporting church doctrine, and 'encourages' the state to eventually put to death those who continue to rebel against this church/state union.
On the other side, there are those who choose to "keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus". We need to face the fact that even now Babylon the Great is vying for power and control over the minds and hearts of men everywhere. This is a phenomenon that is evident in current affairs and politics if you are willing to dig deep enough and not simply accept the superficial press releases that sound so 'nice' and 'peace oriented'. The parable of the sheep and the goats is being enacted right now...all of us are being called into one or other of those two camps. It is God Himself who inspired the prophecies...it is God Himself who is exposing the characters and natures of the two protagonists in the debate. Not just on a personal level, (which is happening), but on an institutional level. The 'qualifications' of the candidates must come under severe scrutiny.
Eternal destinies are at stake here. I believe we need to tolerate these threads, maybe even encourage them, while at the same time taking strict charge over the behaviour of those participating. But to allow them to continue is vital I think. The time is coming when we are all going to have to make a public and judicial declaration as to where our loyalties lie. To do so we need to be wholly informed. These threads assist in achieving that end. Controversial though they may be. Politically incorrect they may be. But what they do is provide motivation to be informed and educated. Although none need to blindly accept whatever is written, it behooves us to find out what is Truth. And choose our paths accordingly.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...you desire a fellowship in the forums. But that is only possible if you find everyone in harmony. Which you won't because forums are geared for arguing.

Thanks for your response.
I agree, forums are set up for debate.
Debates and discussions are healthy.
I don't believe any of us are expecting to find a warm fuzzy forum where everyone agrees on everything.
Even my husband and myself don't see eye to eye on all biblical subjects.

I am just saying :-
1) The attitude of some members here, and the 'spirit' that they post in , in not godly but often vicious.
Immature Christians have not learned how to state their case and disagree politely.
and
2) I am very concerned on the amount of members who have no left this Site.
..as I say, quite a few of the list told me they were leaving because of the nasty argumentative attitude of some members here.

I'm praying about my own position. I am seeing less and less reason to stay.

Reactions: FHII