Anthony, The Phone Is Ringing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes. But I didn't want to candy coat it. I love him like a brother as well, but I thought it needed to put clearly. I defended him against the late Willie T over at Living Waters, and Willie T was very offended with me over it. I have since realized why Willie may have been as upset with him as he was. Mike is a loving man, but too deeply involved in his own pity parties sometimes to do himself or anyone else much good.

If putting it to him plainly makes him angry with me, it's something I would have to live with. But better that he comes to a place of being a happier person, and a greater blessing to others instead of so consumed with his own misfortunes.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. But I didn't want to candy coat it. I love him like a brother as well, but I thought it needed to put clearly. I defended him against the late Willie T over at Living Waters, and Willie T was very offended with me over it. I have since realized why Willie may have been as upset with him as he was. Mike is a loving man, but too deeply involved in his own pity parties sometimes to do himself or anyone else much good.

If putting it to him plainly makes him angry with me, it's something I would have to live with. But better that he comes to a place of being a happier person, and a greater blessing to others instead of being so consumed with his own misfortunes.

I think that post was rubbish. But that's just me.

Defend it to your heart's content!

Reactions: Giuliano

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that post was rubbish. But that's just me.

Defend it to your heart's content!

Ok, LoL. You have your own ways, some of which I tend to regard the same way, but as I told Anthony, we all have our own ways.

God bless.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, LoL. You have your own ways, some of which I tend to regard the same way, but as I told Anthony, we all have our own ways.

God bless.
It's very difficult for me to understand how it is that someone can be so insulting "in love". In fact, I find it near impossible.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's very difficult for me to understand how it is that someone can be so insulting "in love". In fact, I find it near impossible.

Keep working at it!
Every way I could have reworded it more "nicely" would have simply watered it down to virtually nothing.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep working at it!
Every way I could have reworded it more "nicely" would have simply watered it down to virtually nothing.
And those are the only two options you see? Either being insulting, or being empty of content? One or the other, no other way?

There's something that needs working on . . . in my opinion.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either being insulting, or being empty of content?

The issue is one of getting a point across. Clearly.

When I feel I can accomplish the same thing by pussyfooting around, I do so. But I think Willie T was right. He needed and needs more than that.

I can tell where this may be going, however, and I'm not up to going round and round today. What's the point of an argument when neither of us are going budge?

God bless, and have a great day, brother. Maybe it will come up again in a context where we can address it some more.
- H

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue is one of getting a point across. Clearly.

When I feel I can accomplish the same thing by pussyfooting around, I do so. But I think Willie T was right. He needed and needs more than that.

I can tell where this may be going, however, and I'm not up to going round and round today. What's the point of an argument when neither of us are going budge?

God bless, and have a great day, brother. Maybe it will come up again in a context where we can address it some more.
- H
And what is the point you are getting across? To me it comes through clearly. But it's not a very good thing to be expressing.

Whiney little crybaby?

I marvel that this to you is OK.

I know I'm not going to change your mind.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder what Jesus, the King Of Kings and Lord Of Lords thinks about what He is hearing. From all of us. Peace.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what Jesus, the King Of Kings and Lord Of Lords thinks about what He is hearing. From all of us. Peace.

I am the vine, you are the branches: He that abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without Me you can do nothing (John 15:5).

Reactions: Truman

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, Truther. No deliberate disrespect to Mike Waters, but it is actually his post that I considered as "nothin'," and not worthy of a response. I created this thread because I thought it was important. Were I to have responded, I find him to be a whining little cry baby most of the time, though I would again only be speaking honestly. But he needs to man up a little. He is about the farthest thing from the man I addressed this thread to, and it was none of his business to begin with.
I understand.

What I mean is to make a post about someone in particular means they are in your head.(kinda like Trump tormenting libs).

It is better to just debate their ideas than debate their personality.

Maybe I am not understanding things properly?

Reactions: marks

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6O my God, my soul despairs within me. Therefore I remember You from the land of Jordan and the peaks of Hermon—even from Mount Mizar. 7Deep calls to deep in the roar of Your waterfalls; all Your breakers and waves have rolled over me.
Jesus called the Holy Ghost a river of living water....

Status
Not open for further replies.