Anthony, The Phone Is Ringing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
That's an interesting study.

Not sure I totally understand, but if you were concerned about Anthony D'Areinzo, don't be. We may have some strong disagreements, but I don't take him to be a weak-hearted individual in the least.

God bless, and thanks again. Your posts are always interesting.
We can see if a person has a strong hearted or weak hearted from humiliation. To the weak hearted are becoming more evil or they will commit a suicide if we expose their sins, so if you encounters weak hearted you should warm welcome them as your truly best friend and it will save them from perish, in that case we will be like the children of light who brings life to both good and evil people.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad to hear it.

Ah, but see, this is where I think you are missing it. Everyone has their own perspectives and approaches, and there's nothing wrong with healthy skepticism in many matters. But this is where I believe discernment needs to enter in. If you notice, no one was really welcoming Coates all that much in his thread. It was not all outright rejection, but no one truly welcomed him with open arms until I started posting encouraging things to him about what he was sharing. Then you saw him light up and start sharing his life, and feeling like he was among brethren. He's a good guy. See, for me, erring on the side of caution means trying to receive somebody welcomingly even when its looks really bad, and Lord knows we get some fruitcakes coming through here. But I just figure if there's something seriously wrong with the individual, the truth will reveal itself eventually. But if they were actually ok and I assumed they were not and gave them a hard time, I could have it on my hands before God that I didn't welcome them like a brother but assumed the worst unnecessarily.

Again, I understand that we all have our own perspectives and methods, but I have a good friend who doesn't trust her own kin half the time for heaven sakes, LoL, and it doesn't rub people the right way. Quite frankly, with me it just ticks me off, because I'm brutally honest with people, and I expect to be trusted or I wouldn't be going to the effort to be so honest to begin with.

Anyway, I understand it, but I don't really agree with it. If the church had not been willing to see the good in the apostle Paul and give him the benefit of the doubt, where would we be today?

But to each his own, I suppose.
Thanks for clarifying a bit.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I reject the people who adopted it as not being consistent with the imagery in the Bible.

Maybe I'm being too strict, but I believe the imagery and symbols used in visions from God are consistent. The waves of the sea are not pleasant but rather often signify wrath.

Psalm 65:7 Which stilleth the noise of the seas, the noise of their waves, and the tumult of the people.

Psalm 88:7 Thy wrath lieth hard upon me, and thou hast afflicted me with all thy waves. Selah.

Jonah 2:2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.
3 For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.

Jeremiah 51:42 The sea is come up upon Babylon: she is covered with the multitude of the waves thereof.

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Jude 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Unpleasant things are also said to come up out of sea. . . .

An understandable position, although I think it limits God a bit too much. Context is always king. I've seen dreams where robbery was painted in a positive light, yet it's not something you will find painted as such very often in scripture.

But to each his own. God bless.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An understandable position, although I think it limits God a bit too much. Context is always king. I've seen dreams where robbery was painted in a positive light, yet it's not something you will find painted as such very often in scripture.

If I had a dream that portrayed robbery in a positive light, I would doubt it came from Heaven. I think I'd be limiting myself not God by doubting it. Do we not see presently as through a glass darkly? Yes, I have had dreams that lacked clarity yet seemed significant but which I later concluded had not come from God.

Is God consistent in His thoughts? I think so.

There are symbols in the Bible that relate to the harvest. Angels, sickles, winepresses and grapes, and wheat and threshingfloors are. Waves and the sea are not among them. I also ask what got harvested in the Flood of Noah?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To be spoiled of your goods is not necessarily a bad thing.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are welcome, man. I think you're a great dude, btw, to tell you the truth : )

For future threads, gonna try to see your side a little harder, and give you the benefit of the doubt as often as possible.

God bless, and much respect.
Hidden
If one comes in and is convinced of all. He will fall on his face.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I had a dream that portrayed robbery in a positive light, I would doubt it came from Heaven. I think I'd be limiting myself not God by doubting it. Do we not see presently as through a glass darkly? Yes, I have had dreams that lacked clarity yet seemed significant but which I later concluded had not come from God.

Is God consistent in His thoughts? I think so.

There are symbols in the Bible that relate to the harvest. Angels, sickles, winepresses and grapes, and wheat and threshingfloors are. Waves and the sea are not among them. I also ask what got harvested in the Flood of Noah?
Unfortunately many are tossed by waves, like a ship without an sail. God in his time will take control of that vessel as with Paul.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find the idea of a wave being a symbol of the Holy Spirit a little unsettling myself. When the Bible speaks of waves, often it's having God tell them to be still. So it seems to me.

6O my God, my soul despairs within me. Therefore I remember You from the land of Jordan and the peaks of Hermon—even from Mount Mizar. 7Deep calls to deep in the roar of Your waterfalls; all Your breakers and waves have rolled over me.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I had a dream that portrayed robbery in a positive light, I would doubt it came from Heaven. I think I'd be limiting myself not God by doubting it.

Matthew 24:40-44 is about the Lord Jesus Christ. You would be limiting God.
Do we not see presently as through a glass darkly? Yes, I have had dreams that lacked clarity yet seemed significant but which I later concluded had not come from God.

I would say be careful. There is another member here who said the exact same thing in his posts, and the truth was God was indeed talking to him, he just couldn't make it out, and the dreams were far more significant than he assumed. But your business is your business. I'm just telling you I have heard these words before, and they were mistaken.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a woefully unpalatable thread.
Moderators are obviously sleeping he sleep of spiritual intoxication.
Hello Michael,
From time to time I or someone else will post a reaction to what they read.
Those who view it differently sometimes have a strong adverse reaction.
I would rather a poster do what was done here, put his thoughts out, and hash the issue out.
The discussion would be better if the basis is scriptural in nature.
Those who believe in ongoing revelations cannot understand why anyone would frown upon anecdotal stories, fables ,and fantasies.
Those who see the historic teaching have to react to these accounts by offering why they oppose them and direct people to the safe harbor of scripture.
I like many of the charismatic/Pentecostal types I have known. It is not easy sometimes to rain on their parade so to speak.The good side is despite the error they hold,they are usually somewhat positive, and know that Jesus has already won.
That they want to be swinging off the chandeliers, and imagine every thought in the head is visions and dreams that cannot be questioned is dangerous.
A church that is dead is no bargain either.
They might be worse in some ways,sitting there listening to truth but never having heart communion with God,by the Spirit.
They sit detached without obeying the word, because they are without the Spirit Rom 8:9
Their religion is in dead forms, rituals, liturgies, an external facade.
Both need correction.Both are manifestations of the flesh

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, much ado about nothin'.

Hello, Truther. No deliberate disrespect to Mike Waters, but it is actually his post that I considered as "nothin'," and not worthy of a response. I created this thread because I thought it was important. Were I to have responded, I find him to be a whining little cry baby most of the time, though I would again only be speaking honestly. But he needs to man up a little. He is about the farthest thing from the man I addressed this thread to, and it was none of his business to begin with.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are welcome, man. I think you're a great dude, btw, to tell you the truth : )

For future threads, gonna try to see your side a little harder, and give you the benefit of the doubt as often as possible.

God bless, and much respect.
Hidden
Truth delights to be investigated.
I am nobody in one way.However God has set His love on me and that gives me value and worth.
Paul wrote consider what I say and the Lord give you understanding.
Do not concern yourself with my opinions but rather, re read the verses that are offered.

Reactions: marks

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth delights to be investigated.
I am nobody in one way. However God has set His love on me and that gives me value and worth.

I do as well. And we all have things to learn from one another. Anyone who closes their eyes to what their brother is saying without ever even considering it only "robs" himself, and I have no intention of doing so.

God bless, and thanks again. May the Lord provide us some time and opportunities for some great conversations in the future.
HiH

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I responded to your post before, POST47

Really,
This just looks like an attack so no need to entertain such nonsense.
I know who and what I am in Christ.
You and others who despise the word of God and seek to add to it, go right ahead and receive the result of your error.
I would recommend you do not do so, but you and others who like all manner of stories and fantasies are bound to them.
I will stay with word and Spirit as instructed.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Oh yes...as a new convert who claimed a hand appeared and stabbed him in the abdomen??? or he saw letters jumping off the page and spinning around?
You should have instructed him to get into the scripture and trust it, not bizarre claims and leave him vulnerable to such garbage. perhaps you did not do that because you yourself are not grounded in scripture. I do not know you that well as an online poster, but as time permits I will see what you bring to the table.

You have bought into this kind of deception, I have not. Have been to several such meetings, and they were garbage. I can only offer what i know. You and others are the ones quick to judge orthodox belief, so I might not be able to help you.

post47
Anthony, you appear to me to be attributing the work of Holy Spirit to satan. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

Reactions: Nancy
Status
Not open for further replies.