Antichrist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is it correct go glean that the "false prophet" will be the anti-Christ's version of John the Baptist? I envision the false prophet of being a person that tells us that Jesus will soon appear. Of course, that "Jesus" will in fact be the anti-Christ, right?
The False Prophet will be a miracle worker and companion of the Antichrist. But the Antichrist himself will proclaim that he is the true Christ and also God.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope! The Roman Church is NOT the Babylon Harlot of the Book of Revelation. That is an old Jewish slander against the RCC, just because the Roman Church persecuted unrepentant Jews in European history.

We are told at the last verse of Rev.17 that the Babylon Harlot is a "great city", and in Rev.11:8 that "great city" is defined as to where Lord Jesus was crucified! It means JERUSALEM!
ah, an antisemite ion our midst. Why don't you point to the Jew who started this so called slander. Chapter and verse please.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, an antisemite ion our midst. Why don't you point to the Jew who started this so called slander. Chapter and verse please.
Your idiotic attempt to label me as anti-Semitic is a joke, and an old ploy Jews like to try and fall back on with those who disagree with them. Just that you would try and use that ploy tells us all here a lot about your nature. Even the Protestant reformers thought the pope in their day was the Antichrist but it did not pan out per the actual Bible Scripture. Likewise, with today, there are still a 'few' (very few) Protestant denominations that still try to use a pope as the Antichrist for the end, when that idea is old hat. And by the way, I have friends that are Jewish members of the Seventh Day Adventist organization and they believe like you too that the pope is the Antichrist for the end. They are just being duped by the same false-Jew traditions against the Catholic Church that you are.

And I already... gave you the Scripture evidence that points directly... in defining the Babylon Harlot.

We are told at the last verse of Rev.17 that the Babylon Harlot is a "great city", and in Rev.11:8 that "great city" is defined as to where Lord Jesus was crucified! It means JERUSALEM!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prefix “anti” can mean counterfeit or against, but most importantly, it means “in place of.” Hence, willful opposition to Christ by enemies such as the Roman emperor Nero and others were “anti-Christ” activity. However, those who substitute their own methods for Christ’s methods are the more dangerous anti-Christs.

The body of Christ is composed of spirit-begotten or spirit anointed true Christians. Their head is Jesus:

Colossians 1:18 (NKJV), “And He (Jesus) is the head of the body, the church,…”

1 Corinthians 12:12, 27 (NKJV), 12 “For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. … 27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.”

There is also a structure to the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:18, 28 (NKJV), 18 “But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. … 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.”

The counterfeit antichrist of the greatest danger is a structured body as well. The Roman Catholic Church (not the people) calls the Pope its head. Then come the body members: Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, etc. Pope Boniface VIII decreed: “We declare, say, define, pronounce it necessary to salvation for every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff.” Pope Innocent III said, “The pope holds the place of the true God…” Innocent and Jacobatius stated that “the pope can do nearly all that God can do…” In 1870, an Ecumenical Council in Rome decreed the Pope’s ex cathedra utterances to be infallible. The Roman church set its own doctrines in place of God’s word, the Bible, as the standard. Papacy even made it a crime to read the Bible.

Among counterfeit doctrines, the Mass, which is a fresh slaying of Jesus on the “altar,” is substituted for Jesus’s one time death on the cross as man’s ransom. Hebrews 7:27 (NKJV), 27 “who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people's, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.” Hebrews 10:10 (NKJV), “By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”

Any religion or person who is against God’s Son, God’s word, His plan, and His principles is an antichrist in spirit. 1 John 2:22 (CSB), “Who is the liar, if not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This one is the antichrist…” Historically, some religious leaders declared themselves to be the Messiah, but those declarations always proved false.

The great Antichrist system of the Roman Catholic Church is still present, we should not be looking for a future “man of sin.”

Many have chosen to turn a blind eye on this issue due to their own personal prejudice and bias (preconceived ideas), but thus it is as the Lord said it would be.

"And for this reason (because they refused to accept the truth on these and other matters) God will send them strong delusion (deceptive reasoning's, based on their own or another mans belief) that they should believe the lie (any and all deceptive errors, meant to lead them astray) that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness (in errors, falsehoods)." 2 Thess 2:11,12

Such will continue to believe and propagate their errors all the way up and into the hour of power and temptation, and not until its completion will they be brought to the truth on this issue, having learned it the hard way.

For further insight on this issue please see the following blog post:

The Antichrist Revealed

The Antichrist, The Man of Sin

The Abomination of Desolation

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all,

The Bible is like a puzzle. We must know how to fit all the pieces together for the puzzle to be solved.

Like the Bereans, they searched the Scripture to see if what Paul taught were so.

Genesis 3:12-15 reads:

12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest [to be] with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What [is] this [that] thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Since then almost two thousand years ago, this was the situation between Jesus against Satan. I thought @Two-Edged Sword was going to solve the OP as I read his post, he quoted the correct book but the wrong chapter and verse.

1 John 4:1-3 reads:
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

THE ONLY ENTITY THAT FITS THE BILL OF THE UNDERLINED WORDS ABOVE IS SATAN!!!

Satan is the antichrist who is to come but already was in the world when John penned 1 John Chapter 4.

To God Be The Glory

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prefix “anti” can mean counterfeit or against, but most importantly, it means “in place of.” Hence, willful opposition to Christ by enemies such as the Roman emperor Nero and others were “anti-Christ” activity. However, those who substitute their own methods for Christ’s methods are the more dangerous anti-Christs.

The body of Christ is composed of spirit-begotten or spirit anointed true Christians. Their head is Jesus:

Colossians 1:18 (NKJV), “And He (Jesus) is the head of the body, the church,…”

1 Corinthians 12:12, 27 (NKJV), 12 “For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. … 27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.”

There is also a structure to the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:18, 28 (NKJV), 18 “But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. … 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.”

The counterfeit antichrist of the greatest danger is a structured body as well. The Roman Catholic Church (not the people) calls the Pope its head. Then come the body members: Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, etc. Pope Boniface VIII decreed: “We declare, say, define, pronounce it necessary to salvation for every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff.” Pope Innocent III said, “The pope holds the place of the true God…” Innocent and Jacobatius stated that “the pope can do nearly all that God can do…” In 1870, an Ecumenical Council in Rome decreed the Pope’s ex cathedra utterances to be infallible. The Roman church set its own doctrines in place of God’s word, the Bible, as the standard. Papacy even made it a crime to read the Bible.

Among counterfeit doctrines, the Mass, which is a fresh slaying of Jesus on the “altar,” is substituted for Jesus’s one time death on the cross as man’s ransom. Hebrews 7:27 (NKJV), 27 “who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people's, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.” Hebrews 10:10 (NKJV), “By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”

Any religion or person who is against God’s Son, God’s word, His plan, and His principles is an antichrist in spirit. 1 John 2:22 (CSB), “Who is the liar, if not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This one is the antichrist…” Historically, some religious leaders declared themselves to be the Messiah, but those declarations always proved false.

The great Antichrist system of the Roman Catholic Church is still present, we should not be looking for a future “man of sin.”
This was excellent - thank yo for posting it.

Reactions: RR144

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all,

The Bible is like a puzzle. We must know how to fit all the pieces together for the puzzle to be solved.

Like the Bereans, they searched the Scripture to see if what Paul taught were so.

Genesis 3:12-15 reads:

12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest [to be] with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What [is] this [that] thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Since then almost two thousand years ago, this was the situation between Jesus against Satan. I thought @Two-Edged Sword was going to solve the OP as I read his post, he quoted the correct book but the wrong chapter and verse.

1 John 4:1-3 reads:
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

THE ONLY ENTITY THAT FITS THE BILL OF THE UNDERLINED WORDS ABOVE IS SATAN!!!

Satan is the antichrist who is to come but already was in the world when John penned 1 John Chapter 4.

To God Be The Glory

Yes, Apostle John about the idea of "antichrist" being about Satan himself is simple IF... one actually is a workman in God's Word.

In John 14:30, Jesus said hereafter He would not talk much with His disciples, because the prince of this world cometh. Who is that? The devil.

And in 1 John 2:18, John made the point about a singular "antichrist" in the first phrase, that the brethren had already... heard shall come. When did they first hear that antichrist shall come? I just showed it, from Jesus Himself in that John 14:30 Scripture.

So when thinking about the "spirit of antichrist", once we understand about Satan as The Antichrist for the end, then that's simply about his 'spirit' influence upon his workers, i.e., the "many antichrists".

Why then do so many preachers CONFUSE the idea of "antichrist"?

Because God allows the false prophets to exist in order to test folks with. Can't blame Him for doing that either, because if a fellowservant in Christ refuses to listen to God in His Word, and instead heeds the traditions of men leaven, then those unfaithful should be culled.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't think that the Pope will recognize the Beast as "of God" and endorse him, thus potentially leading a BILLION Catholics to the anti-Christ?
The Pope bowed down to the most wealthy man in the World as his Lord in fact, Lord Rothschild ! on TV ! doing as RCC Priest do regarding the Pope sitting in the Chair and come to him kissing the ring ! that means one is pledging total obedience to Him !
The Pope Francis committed this act on TV and the roman catholic people did not react at all ! why ? are they that stupid or pathetic ! that they did not understand what was taking place ?
Pope Frances was rejecting Christ Jesus outright on TV in fact ! and giving his allegiance to an Anti-Christ Jew ! who is the most powerful man on earth, who can destroy any Nation at his whim, and create wars at his whim and with no questions asked !

It's this Family that can pull the rug out from any Nations feet to destroy them !

This threat was called by Lord Rothschild's on a out right threat to the King of England in 1815. Saying I care not what puppet is placed on the Throne of England. I control the money supply ! To put it short.

It was Rothschild who in 1812 declared War on the USA and the plan was to cause the USA such a debt in this War that they would have no option but to surrender, to allow the charter for Rothschild owned 1st Bank of the USA to be renewed !

A Nation like the USA in debt ? that can not be possible ! unless corruption is at hand, Same with Australia. One would have to be a total degenerate not to make a go of such ! but to be also a debt slave must be smashed out drunkard or totally smashed out on drugs, no one could be so stupid !

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh a Anti-Christ in our midst !
Lets look at anyone who does not abide in Christ Jesus ? what are they in fact ! Anti-Christ in fact !

Their is no such thing as an Anti-Semite under Christianity in fact, because it's not about race ! It's all about Salvation !
They who are Saved and them who are Lost !

Only Carnal dupes carry on about nonsense like Anti-Semites. Show me where such are regarding a race ?

To the carnal they just do not get it at all ! because they are baking up the wrong tree !
Fact is that the OT became the NT and the Jews who were mislead by them, who lead the Jews astray became a dead religion, why because such never had anything to do with the OT anyway, for such was a deception in fact, they were bastardised by them who crept in unawares in fact.
So the worthy Jews who abided in Holy Moses had faith in Jesus and when Jesus went to Heaven they became the first Christians in fact.

Their are no Jews under the roof of Christianity as all are the same body and serve the same Head in fact. So all are changed under that roof Saved and abide in Christ Jesus foremost in their lives, being a Jew Greek etc is irrelevant to one who is a born again !
Only the Carnal talk of nonsense such as crowing about such rubbish about a so called race, playing the race card is a curse.

Jews were never a race anyway, they were from only one religious Tribe, of many other Semitic Tribes.

What religion is based on race ? a nut case one ! Hitler's religion and the so called Jews religion like the Golden Calf etc etc they don't have Holy Spirit at all. for they are of mans works ! Madness !
The Talmud books are the most disgraceful books ever written in fact, what an abomination ! If one thinks Hitler was insane, this Talmud rubbish takes the cake by far. unimaginable Evil !

Anyone who follows the Talmud is of Satan in fact ! even the Nazis do not go that far with bigotry and outright racial prejudice as the Talmud does.
When I read the Talmud I knew that they created the Nazis and the Communist insanity.
They mastered all that rubbish over such stupid people so easy, as they also do nowadays !

Society becomes so gutless to such workings of Satanist that they fear to ask or question them ! We seen this in Nazi Germany and with the Communist and now we see our society become enslaved to the dregs of this world.
Why because they have no integrity or fortitude for a start but are only weeds !

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but only as her daughters. She is the great Whore of Babylon, along with her daughters. Rev. 17:5
Timne for a Bible Lesson . . .

The Whore of Babylon is not a Church - but a city, a people.
Apostate Jerusalem is the most likey candidate . . .

1. She "sits on 7 HILLS" (Rev. 17:9)
- Vatican Hill is NOT one of the 7 hills of Rome: Aventine Hill, Caelian Hill, Capitoline Hill, Esquiline Hill, Palatine Hill, Quirinal Hill, Viminal Hill
- Jerusalem DOES sit on 7 hills: Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet, Mount of Corruption, Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built

2. She is called "The Great City" (Rev. 17:18)
- Jerusalem is called the "Great City" - “where also their Lord was crucified” (Rev. 11:8).

3. She is "Drunk on the blood of God's Holy people" (Rev 17:6)
- Not ONLY did Jerusalem kill the prophets (Matt. 23:37, Luke 13:34) - she persecuted the Early Church (Gal. 4:9, 2 Cor 11:23-26).

4. "Jerusalem is the "Faithful City" has become a Whore.
- Isaiah 1:21 laments, "How the FAITHFUL CITY HAS BECOME A WHORE, she who was full of justice! Righteousness lodged in her, but now murderers."

We read that the “ten horns” and the beast will hate the prostitute. “They will make her desolate and naked, and devour her flesh and burn her up with fire(Rev. 17:16).

What happened in 70 AD?
Rome destroyed Jerusalem and the Te
mple.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Timne for a Bible Lesson . . .

The Whore of Babylon is not a Church - but a city, a people.
Apostate Jerusalem is the most likey candidate . . .

1. She "sits on 7 HILLS" (Rev. 17:9)
- Vatican Hill is NOT one of the 7 hills of Rome: Aventine Hill, Caelian Hill, Capitoline Hill, Esquiline Hill, Palatine Hill, Quirinal Hill, Viminal Hill
- Jerusalem DOES sit on 7 hills: Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet, Mount of Corruption, Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built

2. She is called "The Great City" (Rev. 17:18)
- Jerusalem is called the "Great City" - “where also their Lord was crucified” (Rev. 11:8).

3. She is "Drunk on the blood of God's Holy people" (Rev 17:6)
- Not ONLY did Jerusalem kill the prophets (Matt. 23:37, Luke 13:34) - she persecuted the Early Church (Gal. 4:9, 2 Cor 11:23-26).

4. "Jerusalem is the "Faithful City" has become a Whore.
- Isaiah 1:21 laments, "How the FAITHFUL CITY HAS BECOME A WHORE, she who was full of justice! Righteousness lodged in her, but now murderers."

We read that the “ten horns” and the beast will hate the prostitute. “They will make her desolate and naked, and devour her flesh and burn her up with fire(Rev. 17:16).

What happened in 70 AD?
Rome destroyed Jerusalem and the Te
mple.

Where do you believe we are right now in Revelation, please?