Any non-Catholics here participate in Lent?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jan 11, 2016
Deborah_ said:
Many Anglicans observe Lent, but it isn't regarded as a compulsory. Some people find it a useful discipline. I don't - but that may be because I am a naturally self-disciplined person anyway. The only bit of Lent I observe is Pancake Day. ;)
Praise God for pancakes.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Let me see if I understand your situation correctly, since you are just trolling and don't answer questions..

You think Rome got everything wrong except the new Testament, which you base your entire rule of faith on.

Are you a gambler?

You wont answer that either so I'm about to put you on ignore.

I don't want the administrators of this site getting the wrong idea and thinking I'm proselytizing. So if you ever get serious and want to discuss your many objections to the Church(that means having a actual dialogue and answering questions, btw), go to this site http://forums.catholic.com/and each issue will be properly addressed.

You do not seem to like to reply to Revelation 17, I mentioned...you are obviously in denial...
Jesus seems to describe the Roman church and system very clearly in Revelation 17, would you like to talk about it?

iakov

Jan 17, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Veni_Creator_Spiritus said:
I know the Lutherans and Anglicans do depending on what brand of the denomination they are.

I try to read the word more often during lent and whatever the church tells us such as fasts or whatever.

Was going to give up the internet but then realized my whole life depends upon technology in order to sustain :lol:

Probably stay away from Facebook as it's full of dirty laundry and nonsense.

Anyone else?
The Orthodox lent begins much later than the Catholic this year.
It is a strict fast, no meat, dairy, fish, oil, eggs, alcohol. Just bread and veggies.
But, as our pastor says, when you're fasting, don't look at anyone else's plate.
We fast Wednesday and Friday anyway and each day begins and ends with prayer and scripture.