Anyone collect Angels?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Just wondering if anyone collects angels? I collect mostly ceramic ones and proably have 40 or 50 of them running out of room in the house...

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I've never been able to catch an angel in order to collect them. They're just too fast for me.
rolleyes.gif

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
:blessyou:Thankyou for making me laugh. (Jon-Marc;43240)
I've never been able to catch an angel in order to collect them. They're just too fast for me.
rolleyes.gif

I have a small crystal angel given to me which I keep in the boxs. I suppose I should display it but I feel as if it is not right to do so.I believe our Father has angels watching us 24/7 and I would not want to offend them by having fake ones around.Faithful.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Funny
I have a small crystal angel given to me which I keep in the boxs. I suppose I should display it but I feel as if it is not right to do so.I believe our Father has angels watching us 24/7 and I would not want to offend them by having fake ones around.
Ridiculous.

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
Thanks for the laugh Jon-Marc. My husband does but he has not got many as we just don't have the spare cash to buy to many. Faithful if you have only got it there as a pretty ornament then there is no problem. God will only be displeased with it if you make it an idol. God bless

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(Two;43343)
FunnyRidiculous.
Under which part of Deut 5:8Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: is ridiculous. Angels are in heaven and earth are they not? An image does not have to be worshipped or bowed down to. It says thous shalt not make any graven image, or any likeness that means no image to represent those things which are of God and heaven. I cannot find a way to allow for any image of likeness of angels to be acceptable. Faithful. xx:)

Kooks

Mar 22, 2008
(Faithful;43549)
Under which part of Deut 5:8Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: is ridiculous. Angels are in heaven and earth are they not? An image does not have to be worshipped or bowed down to. It says thous shalt not make any graven image, or any likeness that means no image to represent those things which are of God and heaven. I cannot find a way to allow for any image of likeness of angels to be acceptable. Faithful. xx:)
Do you then not have any displays of anything that was created by God? Pictures of flowers, animals or even your family? I take it you don't agree with the idea of religious icons or depictions of biblical stories. Don't you feel that you are being a little bit extreme in your response to the law regarding graven images?

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
(Faithful;43549)
In Strong's concordance graven means: pecel peh'-sel; an idol:--carved (graven) image. It is talking about idols. Please when you quote scripture you can't quote out of context. Verse 5:8 goes with verse 5:9: Deu 5:8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: Deu 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me. Verse 9 talks about not worshiping these as idols or gods. These verses are not saying you can't do it but that you can't worship them. This is totally different. You are being legalistic if you only take verse 5:8 and don't read verse 5:9 which is the rest of the law on graven images.