Apocalypse begins !!!, Group announces the Great Tribulation has started

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think there's a difference between nuts and flights of fancy. There are people who see the horizon and recognize it's a boundary that might be fun to play with, entertain notions of bumping up against, but ultimately, not a sane proposition to go past. There are others, however, who view the horizon as a starting point and run past it with naked abandon.
The difference seems to be that those who play within the horizon like to use logic and a steady, rational grounding in fact and reality when thinking about ideas. And while it might tickle them to think about the ideas people come up with on the other side, they will, ultimately, never seriously consider them valid thoughts.
Those who leap without looking, so to speak, don't seem to have a problem making 'intuitive' leaps that form the very basis of the definition of 'nuts'. Consider: people who see a conspiracy, or an apocalypse under every rock or natural disaster...they are, are they not...seeing the same thing, in their minds, over and over again, but expecting THIS time, it'll turn out to be THE time, for sure!? And isn't it said that the "definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different outcome"? They tweak the situation a little, but they always end up at the same destination in their minds and start yelling about it.

So...no. No I don't think everyone is 'nuts'. I acknowledge that everyone can be foolish and entertain silly thoughts and mistaken beliefs at times. But goodness yes, there are most definitely those who head for the horizon with the intent of dive bombing off it. You see too many of them to deny they exist.
@Naomi25 Quite some profound thoughts there...

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I come from the Christian Forums in Spain, a Christian Group has announced that the Biblical Great Tribulation has started, and begin gathering a group called the Elect.

they also claim Worldwide authority over the Christian Churches including the Catholic church.

here is the site.
Shibboleth Bible Software

source

Christian Cults tend to call themselves things like "the Elect," or "God's Saints," or THE "Church." Nobody, however, has a patent on being God's People--not Israel, nor any Christian State or ecclesiastical organization. The Catholics certainly don't own the label. We should just understand that Paul said we are one international body, consisting of many nations. We are all united by one Spirit.

When it comes to the Great Tribulation what is usually referred to is a supposed "7 year period" at the end of the age. In reality, I don't think there is any 7 year period at the end of the age mentioned anywhere in Scripture! Antichrist rules for 3.5 years, and that's about it. After that, it's Armageddon, or at least, its buildup.

The Great Tribulation, as a term, originated from Christ himself, who said in his Olivet Discourse that Jerusalem and the temple would be destroyed in the generation of his apostles. That happened in 70 AD. And Jesus said that the Jewish Diaspora would grow out of that and would become the actual "Great Tribulation" we're talking about. This period of Jewish punishment will end at the 2nd Coming of Christ.

If we're looking to identify the endtimes, we don't have to look far. There are too many signs to mention! There is population growth, the buildup of nukes, and the apostasy of Christianity in Europe--all of these things indicate the end is not far off.

Also, we near the end of the 6000th year of Jewish dating, which invites sexta-millennialism! That belief has been around since the Early Church!

As we see Christian culture crumble, however, we have the greatest sign of the end. And it is this we must confront, rather than just speculation about the future. Keep your eyes wide open, and your heart devoted. Stay complete yielded to God's word in your conscience, and you will be fine.

Reactions: Yehren

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian Cults tend to call themselves things like "the Elect," or "God's Saints," or THE "Church." Nobody, however, has a patent on being God's People--not Israel, nor any Christian State or ecclesiastical organization. The Catholics certainly don't own the label. We should just understand that Paul said we are one international body, consisting of many nations. We are all united by one Spirit.

Give that man a beer!

"The Church" is the Holy Catholic Church in the sense you see in the Nicene Creed - that all those who follow Christ are united in faith. Not just Roman Catholics.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I come from the Christian Forums in Spain, a Christian Group has announced that the Biblical Great Tribulation has started, and begin gathering a group called the Elect.

they also claim Worldwide authority over the Christian Churches including the Catholic church.

here is the site.
Shibboleth Bible Software

source
Page not found... Are they done already?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give that man a beer!

"The Church" is the Holy Catholic Church in the sense you see in the Nicene Creed - that all those who follow Christ are united in faith. Not just Roman Catholics.

Thank you. Being from German ancestry, I'm tempted to have the beer. But in the past I've had more than enough for a lifetime. I rarely drink anymore! :)

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. Being from German ancestry, I'm tempted to have the beer. But in the past I've had more than enough for a lifetime. I rarely drink anymore! :)

Chocolate chip cookie? Pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw dressing?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

[removed links]

what authority????
By what authority do they make these claims?