apostolic succession

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
#5. because you and i were having a discussion which was interupted and i want answers to those questions from you alone.

The nature of a forum is that it is like an old party line telephone (that ages me) where anyone can talk to the same question. If you want a private conversation with someone it would be better to use the "Private Message" feature of this site.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
#1. i am not your brother. i do not consider r.c.c. adherents christian unless they actually follow the Bible and the reject r.c.c. teachings.

A true Christian views everyone as their brothers and sisters because all humans were created in the image of God, and God loves everyone including those who don't know Him. Even St. Paul called the pagans in Athens "his brothers." (See Acts 17:22-28)

#2. don't talk to me like i do not know anything, you are not that smart.

My brother, all you see are written words on the Internet. Nowhere in those words do I claim to be smarter than you. You, on the other hand, judged me to be not very smart. Okay....so you judged me to be not so very smart.

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you shall be forgiven

Peace be with you, my brother. :)

In Christ,
Selene

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1. i am not your brother. i do not consider r.c.c. adherents christian unless they actually follow the Bible and the reject r.c.c. teachings.

You sir sound very Sardisean in nature... Again my view on the seven churches...

1. Ephesus - Apostolic - Scripture still before us!.
2. Smyrna - Martyr - 10 days = 10 general Roman persecutions.
3. Pergomos - Orthodox - Still alive in many parts of the world!
4. Thyatira - Catholic - Why were people in this time frame so doctrinally stubborn?
5. Sardis - Protestant - mainly Calvinist... Still doctrinally stubborn!
6. Philadelphia - Methodist / Pentecostal / Arminian - Saved / Sanctified / Filled with the Holy Ghost!
***Is revival unique to the Philadelphian church age???*** Was this the revival of the last days?
7. Laodicea - Materialistic / Charistmatic / Word of Faith - Influencing a lot of churches these days.
*** Who was John Calvin? Who was Jacobus Arminius? Independent charismatic churches are soft on the doctrine!

One sure sign of a Sardisean are in the way they treat Catholics. If you want to find out whether or not someone is Sardisean just ask them whether or not Catholics are going to heaven. As a Sardis is a gem they are elegant and as a Sardis is a gem diamond hard. Not your warm and fuzzy bunch of people!

There is a charismatic church that is opening in my area where they are going to start meeting at an abandoned auto showroom.

http://snl460.com/

The first service starts this Saturday night and I am thinking about going. I can already imagine that they just want to meet to simply worship the Lord and fellowship. No heavy doctrine please.

archaeologist5

Mar 3, 2011
A true Christian views everyone as their brothers and sisters because all humans were created in the image of God, and God loves everyone including those who don't know Him. Even St. Paul called the pagans in Athens "his brothers." (See Acts 17:22-28)

My brother, all you see are written words on the Internet. Nowhere in those words do I claim to be smarter than you. You, on the other hand, judged me to be not very smart. Okay....so you judged me to be not so very smart.

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you shall be forgiven

Peace be with you, my brother. :)

In Christ,
Selene

you are wrong of course and your application of that passage and its usage of the word 'brother' is off. my id. name and the only name you are allowed to address me by is archaeologist5. (this last sentence goes for anyone)

now answer my questions and stop dodging. are you afraid that you have been taught wrong and will learn the truth about apostolic succession and that the RCC is very wrong?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
you are wrong of course and your application of that passage and its usage of the word 'brother' is off. my id. name and the only name you are allowed to address me by is archaeologist5. (this last sentence goes for anyone)

now answer my questions and stop dodging. are you afraid that you have been taught wrong and will learn the truth about apostolic succession and that the RCC is very wrong?

archaeologist5, I know that my Church teaches the Truth. Jesus taught us to love our neighbors and our enemies AS He loved us. God loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son (John 3:16). As you can see, I also love everyone including you whom I call "my brother." God loved everyone because He created all of mankind in His image, and this is what His Church follows. We love everyone in the world just as God loved everyone regardless of who they are. Christ said, "Love your neighbor AS I have loved you." Well, Christ did not love ONLY the Jews. God loves even the sinners that He came down to save them. God loved everyone! My Church teaches us to follow Christ in this same way. We are told to also love everyone just as God loves everyone. And so.... this is how I know that the RCC is NOT wrong. You, on the other hand, do not seem to understand this teaching because you already have a problem seeing me created in God's image and calling me "your sister." How does YOUR church teach you to love your neighbor and your enemies?

God always chooses the lowly, the poor, the weak, and the worst of sinners to be His chosen ones. The people who came out of Egypt were slaves. Slaves were the poorest of the poor, and these were God's chosen people. This group of slaves were also the most obstinate and stiff-necked people who had trouble trusting God. Yet, God turned His chosen people into the nation of Israel and out of Israel came His Son and His plan of salvation. God always chooses the lowly, the poor, the weak and the worst of sinners. In fact, God chose St. Paul, who was a murderer of Christians as His chosen one to convert many Gentiles. As for the Roman Catholic Church, we are also the worst of all sinners. Just look at our history. Yet, like Israel, God turned His chosen Church into the soverign nation of Vatican City. And out of His Church came many saints (Francis of Assissi, Theresa of Avilla, St. Filicity, and even our modern Mother Theresa etc......).

It does not matter to me how much you persecute or hate me or any other Catholics for that matter. Why? Because our brother Jesus already warned us that as God's true Church, we would be hated and persecuted by the world simply because of what we teach in our doctrines. Peace be with you! :)

John 17:14 I have given them thy word, and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world; as I also am not of the world.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, know ye, that it hath hated me before you.

In Christ,
Selene

Johnoneone

Feb 11, 2011
Can you point me to God loving those that appose him? Old or New Testament. Did Jesus speak about his love for the men of religious system in Jerusalem. He said how he would have, If they had known him. He also said to them that his Father was not their father, without the same father they can hardly be called brothers.

because they are not of the world; as I also am not of the world.

The Vatican is the smallest country in the world. It also holds seats in the United Nations. Has its own currency. The Vatican is a member of the world and hardly poor as well.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Can you point me to God loving those that appose him? Old or New Testament. Did Jesus speak about his love for the men of religious system in Jerusalem. He said how he would have, If they had known him. He also said to them that his Father was not their father, without the same father they can hardly be called brothers.

The Vatican is the smallest country in the world. It also holds seats in the United Nations. Has its own currency. The Vatican is a member of the world and hardly poor as well.

Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies: do good to them that hate you: and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you:

Jesus taught us this, and on the cross, He practiced what He taught us. The Roman soldiers were pagans who mocked, tortured, crowned Him with thorns, and then crucified Him, and Jesus forgave them.

Luke 23:33-35 And when they were come to the place which is called Calvary, they crucified him there; and the robbers, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. And Jesus said: Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. But they, dividing his garments, cast lots. And the people stood beholding, and the rulers with them derided him, saying: He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the elect of God.

We are not like Wesboro Church who teach their members that God hates the world. In the first place, it was God who created the world and everything in it. The ones who love their neighbors and their enemies as God loves are the ones who are NOT of this world. That is how we know who is not of this world. We are all members of this world because we live in it, but the one who can love their neighbor and their enemies are the ones who are not of this world. It has nothing to do with currency or whether they have a seat in the United Nations.

How many of us can actually love their enemies? If a enemy kills your child, can you love that enemy? Pope John Paul II was almost killed by an enemy. He visited that enemy and told him that he forgave him? How many of us can actually forgive someone who tried to kill us?

God loves everyone including those who mocked Him at the cross, but it is man's choice to choose to love God or not. It is man's choice to love his neighbor and his enemy or not. The ones who do not love are of this world and the ones who DO love are NOT of this world. It never had anything to do with money or whether one is a member of the UN or not. God always makes visible His chosen ones in this world only so that the world can see. Just as He made His chosen people into a visible nation, so did He turn His Church into a visible nation as well. God bless.

In Christ,
Selene

Johnoneone

Feb 11, 2011
I see, lets answer a different question and maybe I wont notice. Marry go rounds make one dizzy. thank you :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, lets answer a different question and maybe I wont notice. Marry go rounds make one dizzy. thank you :)

[sup]John 3:16[/sup]
[sup] [/sup]For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 3:16
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.
[font="'Book Antiqua"]
[/font] So, since God loved the world and Jesus who laid down His life for us, tells us to love God and our neighbors; why do you question if God loves everyone? Has He change His mind? Would He be so unethical as to demand a higher moral standard for His creation than for Himself?

Johnoneone

Feb 11, 2011
Do you want to answer the question? Your both answering a question about the gift God offers, not the question I asked.
Like I said, answer a different question and maybe I wont notice.. I added a synonym for oppose. Does God love everyone so equally that he sent his Holy spirit to everyone?

Can you point me to God loving those that oppose "reject" him? Old or New Testament. Did Jesus speak about his love for the men of religious system in Jerusalem. He said how he would have, If they had known him. He also said to them that his Father was not their father, without the same father they can hardly be called brothers.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you want to answer the question? Your both answering a question about the gift God offers, not the question I asked.
Like I said, answer a different question and maybe I wont notice.. I added a synonym for oppose. Does God love everyone so equally that he sent his Holy spirit to everyone?

Well, first of all, I no longer have conversations with people who are rude or sarcastic, so if you are going to continue to use this tone in your posts, this will be my last post. I do not owe you anything - nor do I have to defend my posts to you or anyone else.

Secondly, John 3:16 answers your question. God so loved the world - that includes everyone you mentioned - even the Pharisees. As far as sending His Holy Spirit to everyone - no He does not - as Selene has already mentioned, people have to be willing to receive the Holy Spirit to receive the Holy Spirit.

blessings

Johnoneone

Feb 11, 2011
Well, first of all, I no longer have conversations with people who are rude or sarcastic, so if you are going to continue to use this tone in your posts, this will be my last post. I do not owe you anything - nor do I have to defend my posts to you or anyone else.

Secondly, John 3:16 answers your question. God so loved the world - that includes everyone you mentioned - even the Pharisees. As far as sending His Holy Spirit to everyone - no He does not - as Selene has already mentioned, people have to be willing to receive the Holy Spirit to receive the Holy Spirit.

blessings

I see, now you'll accuse you of being rude instead of answering. You should check your first reply to me. You tried to start trouble then just like now. You said this is an opinion board my opinion is your both side stepping the question. Your both quoting Gods gift of love not his response to those that reject it. :)

Johnoneone

Feb 11, 2011
If you think I was rude to you maybe you should read your post over again http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/13492-the-abuse-and-misuse-of-scriptures/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1 :)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, now you'll accuse you of being rude instead of answering. You should check your first reply to me. You tried to start trouble then just like now. You said this is an opinion board my opinion is your both side stepping the question. Your both quoting Gods gift of love not his response to those that reject it. :)

I am not accusing you of anything - I am just letting you know how I view your former post and to let you know that I will not continue talking with you if I do not see a change. As far as refusing to answer your question - there is a difference between refusing to answer (I have nothing to gain or lose by answering so why would I refuse?) and simply not understanding your post. I believe I am starting to understand what you are asking so I will do my best to answer.

So you are talking about God's response to people who choose to remain unredeemed? The unredeemed are beyond the help of God, but not beyond His mercy. The unredeemed will be separated from the sheep and allowed to exist apart from God and His Body in Hell. If God were unmerciful or hateful or vengeful, He would force the unredeemed to remain in His Holy presence; instead, the damned will be allowed to scurry into Hell - and they will, as fast as possible.

Johnoneone

Feb 11, 2011
Well, this is an opinion board. Unless we are copying and posting scripture without commentary, we are simply expressing our opinions about the Truth. I think your expectations may be a bit high. As far as dates changing and identities changing - I am not sure why it matters, to be honest. Online activities are synonymous with "not being as they seem".

Finally, feel free to disagree with me about the Bible - it is only my opinion.

blessings

Johnoneone

Feb 11, 2011

I am not accusing you of anything -

Marry go rounds are not my thing. thank you :)

Johnoneone

Feb 11, 2011
Your link does not lead to my post.

Ok - I see the post of mine you re-posted - what is the problem with it?

It leads to the abuse and misuse of scriptures I think you look to start trouble. just like now. Lets start over. Do you want to answer the question I asked selene? If you don't then why all the trouble? You butted in
I am not accusing you of anything - I am just letting you know how I view your former post and to let you know that I will not continue talking with you if I do not see a change. As far as refusing to answer your question - there is a difference between refusing to answer (I have nothing to gain or lose by answering so why would I refuse?) and simply not understanding your post. I believe I am starting to understand what you are asking so I will do my best to answer.

Question to you

Question to selene
Can you point me to God loving those that oppose "reject" him? Old or New Testament. Did Jesus speak about his love for the men of religious system in Jerusalem. He said how he would have, If they had known him. He also said to them that his Father was not their father, without the same father they can hardly be called brothers.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

God loves EVERYONE. A person who has a relationship with our Lord already knows this. The gift of salvation is free to EVERYONE because God loves everyone and desires everyone to be saved. It is simply up to the person to accept the gift of salvation or not. Those who do not accept the free gift of salvation will not be saved. Simple as that.

But to question God's love means that you do not know who God is.

1 Timothy 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour, Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1 John 4:8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

Merry-go-rounds?

Ah, ok - take care.

blessings

Yes, I agree that it is a merry-go-round question. Apparently, the poster does not understand that God's offer of salvation to EVERYONE is given to EVERYONE simply because God loves EVERYONE. :)

In Christ,
Selene