Are babies born without sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Our flesh is sinful... so yes all babes (with the exception of the Born again spiritual babes in Christ) are born of the sin nature inherited by our natural parents Adam and Eve.
I better add: We still have a flesh body but we are hopefully shedding it as we grow in the Word going through the trials and testings that burn and cut our old man that is dead away.

Once they died to God's Spirit having now fallen from grace, they were given flesh of a fallen nature by God to cover them for they had lost their covering and their NAKEDNESS/SIN was now exposed meaning they had fallen to a beastly nature under the curse as the devil was their god and were given reproductive organs so that Eve would now have the children, and in pain in HER body as she LABORED for them as part of her punishment for the fall of Adam. It is our flesh that talks us into sinning for it loves to be satisfied and have it's own way.
Jesus was given a sinful flesh body to be our ransom as it had to be a man to redeem man, yet he did not sin, for his Father was God and had the Spirit of God in his blood for that is where the life of the flesh is, in the blood. This does not mean that you only die if you loose your blood, for a man can die in their sleep and never loose a drop. It means the spirit(our life) resides in our blood and is why blood is holy and not to be exchanged or eaten.

1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
KJV
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
KJV
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
KJV

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
†. Ps 58:3 . .The wicked are estranged from the womb; they go astray as soon
as they are born, speaking lies.

In other words: when babies are born, they come into the world already on
the path to a lifetime of deception rather than on the path to a lifetime of
honesty. It isn't necessary to teach little children how to lie because lying
comes as natural to them as ingratitude, greed, and selfishness.

Buen Camino
/

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here we go again. "NO", how can one be guilty of something they do not comprehend, that is absolute stupidity, and yes the religious would love it that way it fits in with "their" doctrines, not Gods. Only God knows when a child is capable of determining whats right and wrong, do you think God would condemn a 35 year old man to hell if he had the mind of a 4 year old and never able to decide whats right and wrong,, but men love blame they want every one to be judged but themselves. As Jesus said, He came to save the lost, who was He speaking to, the religious.

In all His Love

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Because of the sin of Adam, all are born spiritually dead. If the child is born into a Christian family, they are holy until they reach the age of accountability.

1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
mjrhealth said:
Here we go again. "NO", how can one be guilty of something they do not comprehend, that is absolute stupidity, and yes the religious would love it that way it fits in with "their" doctrines, not Gods. Only God knows when a child is capable of determining whats right and wrong, do you think God would condemn a 35 year old man to hell if he had the mind of a 4 year old and never able to decide whats right and wrong,, but men love blame they want every one to be judged but themselves. As Jesus said, He came to save the lost, who was He speaking to, the religious.

In all His Love
Sin and culpability aren't necessarily the same thing. Even growing beyond infancy, a child commits sins they can't possibly be held accountable for, but they are sins. They are defiant before the age of 2, lying before the age of 3, and committing violence against animals and other children before the age of 4. It's all wrong, but children have to develop the sense of right and wrong before they can be held accountable for it. I've had this conversation with my two boys when they were younger, saying, "Now you know it's wrong so I expect you not to do it again." If they repeat the offense, they've wedded sin with culpability.

Reactions: Selene

Rob G

Aug 7, 2013
mjrhealth said:

In all His Love
[SIZE=12pt]I believe God is merciful. I’m sure within the mysteries of the Word there is an open door for the innocent.

If God through Christ will Judge men who do not know the Law according to their conscience,

how much guilt can the conscience of a child have but a pure and clear conscience. Romans 2:14-16
[/SIZE]

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Exodus 32 answers your question. "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." That means it is up to God to decide who gets into His heaven, NOT our flawed sensiblities or mistaken notions of good and ~good.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Definitely born with a sin nature, but born without having committed sin.
the number one sin no matter how old one is .. is unbelief that Jesus is your savior from sin.. babies have that unbelief..
they have commited that sin of unbelief in Jesus. the bible talks often of infant faith in Jesus that how we know babies can believe

God must born them again to--- in Jesus so they can be saved if they die..

God uses his word and his word in the waters of baptism to do this..

that feeding from God saves babies ..yet as they grow if they don't allow God to continue feeding them again and again with his mighty word faith often dies from starvation..

new faith must be feed with Gods word .. or else it will look like some ten year old child that was only feed by their birth mother once and left to starve to death . .. it will be that awful of a sight. THIS IS WHY CHILDREN NO MATTER THERE AGE are always to be welcomed in the divine worship service and why we have Sunday schools and vbs and home devotions that include infants.so they also can hear and believe in Jesus ..

if faith in Jesus came do to our mental capabilities what need would we have of the holy spirit?

the truth is OUR human reason often fights the truth in JESUS God want us to have ..

look how many fart smellers oops! I mean smart fellers . do not believe what the bible says about all the miracles that God did and all the bible promises .

look around at the so called smartness of this dumb world and their need for Jesus..is it any wonder Jesus held up a little child as a model of faith in him he wants us all to have..

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Rob G said:
[SIZE=12pt]I believe God is merciful. I’m sure within the mysteries of the Word there is an open door for the innocent.

If God through Christ will Judge men who do not know the Law according to their conscience,

how much guilt can the conscience of a child have but a pure and clear conscience. Romans 2:14-16
[/SIZE]
We just don't know how God will judge the unborn or babies. But scripture never says all babies will be saved.
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

Hated Esau before birth.

The best promise we have is to be a Christian when one brings children into the world.
1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
satan the deceiver of the world a lie even from the beginning a fathers sin not apply after the forth generation the sin of adam and eve being adultery with the tree in mist of earth, fruit now when adultery blooms it brings forth death cain killed abel. man and women the flesh in which the most high has used and cast the angels out of heaven those that have sined, once man is born they must die for the wages of sin is death now there for you must be born again and put on christ glory to the most high and christ for your sins of before and now shall be forgiven but not all some will not be put under christ for he will say i know you not rather you never followed me. more over it is written fruit of the womb that dies he shall cause to grow old. no this killing that fruit is wrong thur christ we again can call the most high father im crying again. nothing acends that first has not decend if this be true how can any go to heaven. bessed be the father son and holy spirit.

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so, in Christ shall all be made alive.
We are all born into Adam's household, under a sentence of death for his rejection of God (as mankind's first representative)

This Vale Of Tears said:
Even growing beyond infancy, a child commits sins they can't possibly be held accountable for, but they are sins. They are defiant before the age of 2, lying before the age of 3, and committing violence against animals and other children before the age of 4. It's all wrong, but children have to develop the sense of right and wrong before they can be held accountable for it.
We cannot pay that debt because we add our own debt of sin as Vale said above, starting at a very early age.

That is why Christ had to die for us, the sinless for the guilty. He obtained judgement in our favor (like a class action suit) but we have to op in by faith and baptism.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Rob G said:
Matt 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.

Note...children are welcome and we all know sin is not...so we need only add 1 + 1 to get the answer ;) .

Adam and Eve put sin on earth....so babies / we all grow up in a sinful environment....if Adam / Eve / devil were to blame for our sin....they would be the only ones in hell... :blink:

As for ''God has mercy on who He will'' ....it is rather silly to simply then conclude that God is partial...since God clearly tells us in scripture WHO He chooses to have mercy on....the whomsoever will.

I have a thought for Calvinists...If God is partial WHY does scripture say He is good? If God is partial WHY is God long-suffering? If God is partial WHY is He patient? If God is partial WHY does He include gentiles and Jews and urge us not to be partial on rich and poor in James 2? I could go on all day. Partiality with God goes against the grain of the bible. It is us using our tiny brains to define God instead of letting scripture define Him....that is called selective citing / twisting scripture.

We are in the last days it is HIGH time we drop our stupidity and start using more lateral thought.

Rocky Wiley said:
We just don't know how God will judge the unborn or babies. But scripture never says all babies will be saved.
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

Hated Esau before birth.

The best promise we have is to be a Christian when one brings children into the world.
Good scriptures. Simple lateral thought and Rev 20:3 completes the equation for me.

Lateral thought = God is good, impartial and clever. Sending babies to hell for sin is simply evil, partial and stupid.

Rev 20:3 = If God put the devil with Adam...He will do it with all of us...including babies...unless they remain as babies. If not..then WHY would God release the devil from the abyss back onto earth into a heaven type environment?

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
The only tiny brain I see is yours on display.

What about the scripture "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion"? That is one of the most important statements from the very mouth of God in the entire scripture. It's up to God to decide which infant, if any, are welcome into HIS HEAVEN. He has promised nothing except through the Blood of Christ. Everyone else is up to His good pleasure.

zhavoney

Son Of Man
Aug 25, 2013
Rob G said:
Only one was. He continued on in a sinless life and died on the cross so that we could be born again and walk in the newness of His sinless spirit.

Reactions: biggandyy

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Folks, there is a difference between a baby being born a sinner and a baby being born with the ability to commit sin.

Think of it this way: Were Adam and Eve sinners at the time that God created them?
Answer: No, of course not. They were sinless at the time that they were created. However, being that they were creatures of flesh, they had the ability to sin and did so.

Likewise, a baby is born without having any personal sin, and yet, because the baby is a creature of flesh, the baby has the ability to sin once that baby becomes capable of understanding right from wrong.

I agree with This Vale Of Tears regarding the culpability of babies. Until they are culpable, they are innocent of disobedience.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
BiggAndyy said:
The only tiny brain I see is yours on display.

What about the scripture "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion"? That is one of the most important statements from the very mouth of God in the entire scripture. It's up to God to decide which infant, if any, are welcome into HIS HEAVEN. He has promised nothing except through the Blood of Christ. Everyone else is up to His good pleasure.

C'mon BigAndy use some common sense. You KNOW God WILL NOT send an infant to hell even though He surely can. You know that because you know scripture that describes God's nature....is crystal clear on whom He will have mercy ...example Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heartThese, O God, You will not despise, Matt 16:16-24 24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

Hence when scripture says ''"I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion"? we do not need to stay in a nervous / blank state before God. Of course God can do as He pleases. But fortunately for us, He tells us exactly what pleases Him. I really don't get why Calvinists don't get it. God is not hiding valuable info from us.