Are christians justified by faith only?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They do worship the same God as Christians and Jews. Why do you flaunt your ignorance?
I have patience jim .
SO i am gonna respond yet again . Your tatics wont work on me jim .
NO they dont .
JESUS told the unbelieving JEWS jim . jews
That they were of their father the devil .
JESUS Told the unbeliving jews jim , they didnt even KNOW or FOLLOW MOSES
whom they claimed to follow .
IF YE BELIEVED MOSES you would have BELEIVED ME .
IS it possible for folks to claim to know torah and the prophets
and yet THEY TRULY DONT . YES IT IS JIM .
THE muslims and unbelieving jews both cliam to follow the TORAH ,MOSES .
NEITHER DO . cause if they did they would have RUN TO CHRIST .
NEITHER ONE worship GOD , if they did they would have BELIEVED THE TESTIMONY HE GAVE OF HIS SON .
GO ahead jim , keep trying the same tatics . IT WONT work jim .
I DO what i do for the love of the people . AND I WONT let one soul believe a lie on my watch .
THE social liberal progresive gospel IS A LIE and its gonna keep getting exposed on my watch .
AND JIM dont try and act like you aint progressive and play dumb .
REMEMBER or at least make it an effort to REMEMBER that I DO REMEMBER ALL of our conversations .
THE OL REDNECK DUMMY might not be as DUMB as YOU thought i was .
BUT EVEN that dont matter . WHAT matters is , WE BETTER KNOW GOD . BIBLE .
OPEN BIBLE , READ BIBLE , LOVE BIBLE , LEARN BIBLE . and dont just do it
cause the first grade educated red neck tells ya . DO IT CAUSE ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you drunk?

You are conflating racism and homosexuality. Do you not know the difference?

And you go on, saying that Jews do not worship God? Are you that blind to the truth?

I never conflated racism and your comments about Muslims. Again, are you drunk?

You write "the social gospel dont [sic] even know what racism is" without ever defining what you call "the social gospel". And BTW, gospels can't know anything; it's o0bvious that you don't understand the term.

You wrote (in poor English) "HERE IS an example of racism or being racist . IF I SAID a BLACK MAN DONT KNOW GOD". That is meaningless statement. If you said that a man doesn't know God because he is "black", that is racist and, of course, dead wrong. You clearly don't know what racism is or admit to being a racist, but your bigotry is apparent in everything that you write.

Unlike you, I clearly understand what racism and bigotry are.
No jim . YOU DO . when i corrected that sin and exposed it . YOU CALLED ME A RACIST .
YOu can try and swing things and twist my words . DO REMEMEBER , I REMEMBER .
now hurry and start erasing your posts . YOU sure dont want folks going back
and seeing what you said . JIM , you can learn a lot from an old red neck kindergarden
cant read and barley write man . OR at least that is what you believe . Jim . I love you my friend .
BUT IT needs to end now . BIBLE . OPEN BIBLE , READ BIBLE , LOVE and LEARN BIBLE .
AND DONT DO IT CAUSE A RACIST BIGGOTED REDNECK WHO MIGHT HAVE A KINDERGARDEN EDUCATION TELLS YA .
do IT FOR you . HURRY JIM .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have patience jim .
SO i am gonna respond yet again . Your tatics wont work on me jim .
NO they dont .
JESUS told the unbelieving JEWS jim . jews
That they were of their father the devil .
JESUS Told the unbeliving jews jim , they didnt even KNOW or FOLLOW MOSES
whom they claimed to follow .
IF YE BELIEVED MOSES you would have BELEIVED ME .
IS it possible for folks to claim to know torah and the prophets
and yet THEY TRULY DONT . YES IT IS JIM .
THE muslims and unbelieving jews both cliam to follow the TORAH ,MOSES .
NEITHER DO . cause if they did they would have RUN TO CHRIST .
NEITHER ONE worship GOD , if they did they would have BELIEVED THE TESTIMONY HE GAVE OF HIS SON .
GO ahead jim , keep trying the same tatics . IT WONT work jim .
I DO what i do for the love of the people . AND I WONT let one soul believe a lie on my watch .
THE social liberal progresive gospel IS A LIE and its gonna keep getting exposed on my watch .
AND JIM dont try and act like you aint progressive and play dumb .
REMEMBER or at least make it an effort to REMEMBER that I DO REMEMBER ALL of our conversations .
THE OL REDNECK DUMMY might not be as DUMB as YOU thought i was .
BUT EVEN that dont matter . WHAT matters is , WE BETTER KNOW GOD . BIBLE .
OPEN BIBLE , READ BIBLE , LOVE BIBLE , LEARN BIBLE . and dont just do it
cause the first grade educated red neck tells ya . DO IT CAUSE ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO .
Muslims follow the torah and they don't worship God? Are you crazy? The Muslim holy book is the Koran and they worship Allah, their name for the Judeo-Christian God.

You are clearly deluded when you write "I DO what i do for the love of the people". YOU DESPISE MOST PEOPLE, INCLUDING MANY CHRISTIANS.

I could teach a parrot to keep repeating "THE social liberal progresive [sic] gospel IS A LIE and its gonna keep getting exposed on my watch". That wouldn't make it right.

And of course I am progressive, just as Jesus was a progressive, and the Pharisees (just like you) couldn't tolerate the truth.

P.S. Finally, the truth: "dont just do it cause the first grade educated red neck tells ya'.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plus paul was not implying a man HAD to married to lead the church , rather only have one wife .
I am on the fence with this one.
Jewish tradition was.....and is....that to be a religious leader you had to be married. Why?

Be fruitful and multiply. For a Jewish man over 20 to not be married, it was pretty much assumed he was homosexual. Over 30.....over 30 they were sure he was homosexual and it would bring shame to his family. And if he tried to speak of God or be a religious leader, stoning would be in his immediate future. Not taking a wife, even if you were not homosexual would be like a Christian spitting on the cross.

This brings up a big topic. During Christ's ministry, the Jews saw his ministry as a emerging Jewish sect. That is why the Jews were asking Him so many questions. So the question arises??....If He was not married, why did they talk to Him.....why did they consider Him a leader of anything. You would think that the only talk would be.....Why aren't you married and that would be as they picked the rocks up to stone Him. No one can answer that question. We know that most of the Apostles were not married. So there is something going on?

So any way, in that scripture, is it possible that Paul is falling back on Jewish tradition? Wanting them to be married so they were settled down. Even today most Protestants prefer their preacher to be married. Forgoes a lot of problems that the Catholic Church has been drug through the mud with.... Watch you kids around the priest, he is horny!

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Muslims follow the torah and they don't worship God? Are you crazy? The Muslim holy book is the Koran and they worship Allah, their name for the Judeo-Christian God.
Well, they can worship whatever they like.
God or Allah, or whatever they name it.

The bottomline is that there is only one way to the Father (God )and that is through Jesus Christ.
There is no salvation without Jesus.

Turn and twist it any way you like, you are promoting false doctrine.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are christians justified by faith only? nope by grace and by the blood and faith​

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are christians justified by faith only? nope by grace and by the blood and faith​

Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God— not the result of works, so that no one may boast. Should I believe you or Paul?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Faith only" per James is an empty profession of faith/dead faith that produces no works (James 2:14) which is not to be confused with faith that "trusts in Christ alone for salvation" and not in works. (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9)

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. May I ask, what is the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost?
Just FYI, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, or in the name of Jesus Christ simply means by the authority of, not that you must recite their names at the time of immersion. If one believes and confesses their belief as did the Ethiopian eunuch which is consistent with Romans 10:9, then the only thing required after that is immersion without needing to say anything more.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man is saved through faith and not by works (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9); yet genuine faith is (evidenced) by works. (James 2:14-24).

*Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption "alone" and not based on the merits of our works.*

It is through faith "in Christ alone" (and not based on the merits of our works) that we are justified on account of Christ (Romans 3:24; 5:1; 5:9); yet the faith that justifies does not remain alone (unfruitful, barren) if it is genuine. (James 2:14-24) *Perfect Harmony*