Are involuntary thoughts sinful?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think its Gods will that he is being attacked by satan? You think God uses satan like the politicians of the world. Like evil men do. They use evil for there purpose and benifit. You think God does that?
Please, do not put words in my mouth and make a debate out of someone's request for help.

I did not say that I thought it was God's will. I do not know God's will for him. That is between him and God. Another person may be given the information by God but He has not given it to me. My advice to him was based on scripture. Is it a thorn in @Lucian Hodoboc as it was for Apostle Paul? Perhaps, but not knowing that is I why I will continue to pray. The Lord's answer to Paul was a good one and it may be for our friend from Romania. God knows!

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Helen

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please, do not put words in my mouth and make a debate out of someone's request for help.

I did not say that I thought it was God's will. I do not know God's will for him. That is between him and God. Another person may be given the information by God but He has not given it to me. My advice to him was based on scripture. Is it a thorn in @Lucian Hodoboc as it was for Apostle Paul? Perhaps, but not knowing that is I why I will continue to pray. The Lord's answer to Paul was a good one and it may be for our friend from Romania. God knows!

Give God the glory!
Sorry bud but your reply looks like the same things I see coming from believers all to often. The scripture does not fit anything to do with his situation we are called to set them free. Not to tell them its Gods will which you actully did do. I gave him all he needed but you must have thought it wasnt enough and decided to put in what you think. Thats allowed. But if its wrong I will tell you on any forum. By implication you said its Gods will for him to go through this. When the facts are its not Gods will or anything to do with Gods will. If he does what I said he will be just fine.
We are not created for thorns in the flesh ever. We are called to break the works of satan. Not to except them and grow in them.
Jesus [aid to set him free. So I dont see a debate here at all. I see truth only and help

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry bud but your reply looks like the same things I see coming from believers all to often. The scripture does not fit anything to do with his situation we are called to set them free. Not to tell them its Gods will which you actully did do. I gave him all he needed but you must have thought it wasnt enough and decided to put in what you think. Thats allowed. But if its wrong I will tell you on any forum. By implication you said its Gods will for him to go through this. When the facts are its not Gods will or anything to do with Gods will. If he does what I said he will be just fine.
We are not created for thorns in the flesh ever. We are called to break the works of satan. Not to except them and grow in them.
Jesus [aid to set him free. So I dont see a debate here at all. I see truth only and help
Sorry that we cannot agree and that you cannot understand what I said. Only God gives the increase... Hope to see you elsewhere around the forum.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry that we cannot agree and that you cannot understand what I said. Only God gives the increase... Hope to see you elsewhere around the forum.
I totally understood what you said. That is why I called it. I thought I made that quite clear. I always agree with the truth.

Jun 26, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They can't. Trust me. I've tried many times. So have thousands of psychologists who have been trying to cure OCD for decades.

With respect my friend, I think you are denying the power of the Holy Spirit. I don't believe that we can reach a state where we never have ungodly thoughts but we can certainly reach a point where they have no power over our actions ... we can dismiss them quite easily. I believe that if we have a particular thought(s) bothering us then prayer and self control will relegate them to the background and they will not be troublesome. I know this first hand as I sure have been through it. When I pray about these things they don't bother me. I also often have crazy dreams which the Lord keeps me from when I remember to pray.

God bless,
Mick

God bless,
Mick

Reactions: tabletalk

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Sword ..I totally get your position on this..and I know scripturally it is true..
Positionally we are victors, positionally in Christ we overcome all things.
But, as @amadeus was saying...often ( too often) the sons of God have to "go through" things... That is the overcoming part.
Like it or not, not everyone gets healed...we pray and they still die.
Not even the best of the "great healing ministries" got a 100% success every time. So...who are we to say that it happened every single time!!
Wish it did. Wish we had the power that Jesus had..100% every time.

One day maybe....but as yet I do not see happening in the church..yet. Too many doubters.
Some time back..I asked a ministry why I still had to take medication although I totally believed in healing. He said..go ahead and take it, but also say to the devil- "I believe I was healed through Jesus...I only take this until my faith is strong enough to overcome my carnal mind and my healing becomes manifested in my body."
THAT Sword, takes the condemnation off the shoulders of a believing person who has 'not yet' received their deliverance.
God WILL STILL :- Cause ALL things to work together for good to those who love God, and are the called, according to HIS purpose."

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sword ..I totally get your position on this..and I know scripturally it is true..
Positionally we are victors, positionally in Christ we overcome all things.
And that is where we should stand and NOT move for nothing.

But, as @amadeus was saying...often ( too often) the sons of God have to "go through" things... That is the overcoming part.

Where does it say you have to go through illness, demonic attacks where does it say that?
It doesnt. Its says you will because you will. But it does not say you must. God does not say I want you sick ever. He say I set you free so he that is free in Christ is free indeed. No suffering. God never said it. man did and all men are liars.

It doesnt say we become overcomers it says WE are overcomers

Like it or not, not everyone gets healed...we pray and they still die.
For lack of faith they die. For lack Of knowleadge there are many sick among you. Not because its good for you to go through it .So we are growing into Him as was Paul.

Not even the best of the "great healing ministries" got a 100% success every time. So...who are we to say that it happened every single time!!
Jesus told the deciples go tell them to break every work of satan not just some. You can do ALL things not just some. there is NO turning back or excepting defeat. we go on always growing into Him representing Him in ALL things always

Wish it did. Wish we had the power that Jesus had..100% every time.
One day maybe....but as yet I do not see happening in the church..yet. Too many doubters.
It wont happen if you are looking for less and expecting less. We are not looking at the church but to Him in all things. I dont see the doubters when I am praying. I prayed for a guys finger keeping him awake at night. He said try it see if it works no faith, none. But I expect him to be fully healed.

Some time back..I asked a ministry why I still had to take medication although I totally believed in healing. He said..go ahead and take it, but also say to the devil- "I believe I was healed through Jesus...I only take this until my faith is strong enough to overcome my carnal mind and my healing becomes manifested in my body."
No one in healing will tell you to stop taking drugs. I know you agreed with me on this already in the past. Faith Moves the mountian. If the mountian never moved then there is no faith. a musterd seed is all that is needed and if it never moved then there is no faith. sorry I know that stings. Your faith wont over take your carnel belief. You put the flesh and carnel mind to death. Your healing will come soon as faith moves it. Nothing else will move it. If the deciples had no faith even after coming back all excited and healed so many. Whats the chances our faith moves like our mood swings daily changing.

THAT Sword, takes the condemnation off the shoulders of a believing person who has 'not yet' received their deliverance.
God WILL STILL :- Cause ALL things to work together for good to those who love God, and are the called, according to HIS purpose."

There is no condemnation from Christ none. So if you have some guess where its coming from, The liar.
Indeed he will but right now many are not getting set free because of a lack of faith. This is all scripture.

Reactions: Helen

Lucian Hodoboc

Jul 17, 2017
Craiova
Faith
Christian
Country
Romania
I don't believe that we can reach a state where we never have ungodly thoughts but we can certainly reach a point where they have no power over our actions
Yes, I wasn't referring to actions, of course. Most people can control their own actions. However, intrusive thoughts - we have little control over them.

Jun 26, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I wasn't referring to actions, of course. Most people can control their own actions. However, intrusive thoughts - we have little control over them.
I've found that prayer brings relief from involuntary thoughts and even rotten dreams. I regularly pray whenever these thoughts come to mind and God gives me relief. The thing is, we need to constantly pray.

I used to swear badly and found it impossible to control spontaneous bad language but the Lord delivered me from it. One day I said to God, "I'm responsible for swearing because of anger, frustration etc but You need to take care of my spontaneous bad language such as when I hurt myself or get a fright etc". I said that prayer many years ago and have never sworn spontaneously since ... that is the power of God. Further to that, the Lord took away almost all my bad language. I have sworn a couple of times because of frustration but that has been it.

God bless,
Mick

Reactions: tabletalk

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I will gaurentee that if you bless God when the come they wont stay long. Audibly bless God and thank Him you are not what these thoughts are saying and bless Him there nothing to do with you. Thank Him your a son. and a joint aire with Christ your brother.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you think its Gods will that he is being attacked by satan? You think God uses satan like the politicians of the world. Like evil men do. They use evil for there purpose and benifit. You think God does that?
No but expects us to have faith in Him is that not enough???

If His grace is enough for Him than it is enough for us, is it not enough for you, that is another question???

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No but expects us to have faith in Him is that not enough???

If His grace is enough for Him than it is enough for us, is it not enough for you, that is another question???

Please explain your self in a little more detail