Are Jehovah’s Witness Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well I'm not going to speak out against studying the scriptures and neither did Jesus.
Well He did,

38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
39 ¶Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
41 I receive not honour from men.

And Still to this day He is ignored,because men think they are smarter than God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please describe an omnipresent Spirit's form.
GINOLJC, to all,
Sure, Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?"
Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD."

BINGO, there's that omnipresent Spirit's form.

and if you want to identify it in, "The Intrinsic Spatial", it's in Manifestation, John 16:28 "I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father”. so what, or who fills heaven and earth?, he that has emanated, from that omnipresent Spirit's form... and now is inherent in that manifested form :eek: YIKES.

now, go and look up emanate..... (smile). oh yes, look up "Intrinsic:, "Spatial", and, "inherent", too..... (smile).

thanks for the reply.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all,
Sure, Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?"
Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD."

and if you want to identify it in, "The Intrinsic Spatial", it's in Manifestation, John 16:28 "I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father”. so what, or who fills heaven and earth?, he that has emanated, from that omnipresent Spirit's form... and now is inherent in that manifested form :eek: YIKES.

now, go and look up emanate..... (smile). oh yes, look up "Intrinsic:, "Spatial", and, "inherent", too..... (smile).

thanks for the reply.

PICJAG
That describes the form of God?

Is it circular or square?

Is it clear or colored?

A form is an image to see and measure dimensions from.

So, since you have no Idea what the form of God looks like, I will tell you.

The body of the man, Christ Jesus, is the visible form of the invisible God.

God made Jesus' body in his image first, then made Adam in the likeness of Jesus' body.

Thus, the first Adam was made in the image/likeness of the last Adam.

It is really that easy.

So, the "form of God" per Phil 2 is human form.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks for the reply, second ERROR. listen, and learn, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

now Gregory, school is open.
#1. being here, is a verb, indicating "PRESENT TENSE". meaning now at that time, he, Jesus is in the #2. form which is the NATURE of God... "Spirit", per John 4:24. this has nothing to do with the mind, but God's NATURE. now the next thing, ... WHAT kind of Nature? answer in the scripture, a NATURE, "EQUAL" with the Spirit/God. but the question you asked, "if Jesus is in the form of God, then God the Father must then be in the form of Jesus". (smile), lets see. first thing. "EQUAL" with? is there anyone EQUAL ... "WITH" God? not Equal ... TO .. God, but Equal with God, meaning a separate and distinct person. well the answer to that is NO, listen to the bible. Isaiah 46:5 "To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?" NO ONE, and lets eliminate any other ... Person.. Isaiah 44:8 "Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any."me and I are single designations. so any three persons are eliminated, now back to the Lord Jesus. the Form of God here is
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

now listen and learn, since the Lord Jesus is not a separate and distinct person, then he must be God himself, but wait, was not the Lord G2758 κενόω kenoo while in flesh verse 7.. so if it was the, I and the Me that no one is EQUAL WITH, then God G2758 κενόω kenoo himself while in flesh. don't be silly... lol, see the ROOT of G3444 μορφή morphe is, G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n. 1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something). do you KNOW WHAT'S ANOTHER WORD FOR, "PORTION" , IS? that's right, "SHARE". the Lord Jesus is the EQUAL SHARE of himself in flesh. other words, Jesus is the "ANOTHER" of himself in FLESH... God in Flesh.... :rolleyes:. this is the ordinal LAST, as in the First and the Last, scripture, Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:" BINGO, oh yes, he and the Father are ONE... lol, my God how blind can one be. yes, ONE, as the "EQUAL SHARE", as phil 2:6 states... BINGO.

Now, "WITH", listen, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." see that? the first "WITH" the last, just as in John 1:1, the Word with God..... now LEARN, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." oh yes, the Son and the Father are "ONE"..... :p YIKES!... what you say...

so, as said, go back and re-read this post, and understand the ordinal First, Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:"
and the ordinal Last, 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit."

so Greg, .... learn anything?, if not just ask..... :D ... oh the beauty of "diversified oneness"...

PICJAG
So is there one part of God that is spirit, and another part that is flesh and bone?

If Jesus the Last, took on the form of Jesus the First, then someone is not adding 2 + 2 and getting 4.

Jesus the First is spirit, and if Jesus the Last is in the form of Jesus the First, then Jesus the Last has to be a spirit with no flesh.

And vice-versa. If the form of the Last Jesus is flesh, then the form of the First Jesus has to be flesh too. As the scripture in the bible says: Jesus being in the "form of God/The First Jesus", means that the "form of God/The First Jesus" had to be in the form of Jesus/The Last Jesus. 2 + 2 has to equal 4. If you don't understand what I said, just ask yourself what form Jesus/The Last was in when this was said? He was in the form of flesh.

So if you are stuck on the word "with", meaning the First Jesus and the Last Jesus are one and the same, then they both have to be in the form of flesh, because the Last Jesus is in the form of flesh.

Again, we believe that God and Jesus are 2 separate and distinct entities. Both existed side by side at the creation of the world. Jesus was reincrnated into the man Jesus in the flesh (Jesus's spirit form was placed in the baby Jesus and he became a living soul). God stayed in heaven to continue to govern the universe, only rarely coming to earth to tell peope that he was proud of his Son Jesus.

Jesus and God have the same form, which is why Jesus thought it not robbery to be equal with God. Being"with" God does not mean "one physically". It means side by side "with" God, as Jesus is in heaven today.

We may just have to agree to disagree. The most important thing for us, is to repent of our sins and get straight with God and Jesus, so we can be justified and sanctified and live with them forever.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all,

thanks for the reply.

PICJAG

"The Intrinsic spatial" just means the space that is occupied by ones self.

But according to you, God occupies all space. The problem is that all space is also occupied by something else. Therefore God does not have "Intrinsic Spatial". For instance God is occupying the space that I occupy. He also occupies the space a tree occupies etc., etc., etc. I am manifest, the tree is manifest, but God is not seen. There is 2 entities occupying the same space.

The question is: is there an inherent form that God has? According to you, no. So I do not see how Jesus, being in the form of a man, could possibly be in the no-form of God.

The other thing about Philippians is that at the same time Jesus was suppose to be in the form of God, he was also in the form of a servant. And that servant was in the form of a man. We believe God is an intelligent resurrected man, and Jesus thought it not robbery to be in God's form. Jesus is in the form of a man, God is in the form of a Man. So that makes perfect sense to us. But not to your thinking.

Last edited:

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is it clear or colored?

God made Jesus' body in his image first, then made Adam in the likeness of Jesus' body.

It is really that easy.

I agree totally. Thank you.

Reactions: Truther

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well He did,

38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
39 ¶Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
41 I receive not honour from men.

And Still to this day He is ignored,because men think they are smarter than God.

Then you don't know the scriptures as you say you do. Jesus was in agreement with all the scriptures. Learning, and teaching and studying is something Jesus wasn't against.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all,

thanks for the reply.

PICJAG
What you described is an immaterial "no form".

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you are correct.

But what you just said means that there is no such thing as God incarnate, but that Jesus was an individual of a man, lest Mary is the mother of God.
I described what physically happened to created the baby Jesus. God incarnate is spiritual.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is it clear or colored?

It is really that easy.

For the Last time, what, or who is the "IMAGE" of God? .... Genesis 1:26 & 27, and that Image was manifested, and is now Glorified in the resurrection, Luke 24:39, and is that God? yes, John 20:28, is that too hard to follow?.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is there one part of God that is spirit, and another part that is flesh and bone?
did you not READ?

If Jesus the Last, took on the form of Jesus the First, then someone is not adding 2 + 2 and getting 4.
no, 1+1=1... (smile). again did you not READ, the Another is the EQYAL SHARE of, "HIMSELF"... :eek: YIKES!.

Jesus the First is spirit, and if Jesus the Last is in the form of Jesus the First, then Jesus the Last has to be a spirit with no flesh
Hello, hello, Scotty beam them up. listen closley again.... the ordinal First is "Spirit", the LORD, (without flesh, without bone, and without blood), and he, the Spirit, SHARED HIMSELF in that flesh, called ..... MANIFESTATION. and in that Manifestation, he, as the EQUAL SHARE G2758 κενόω kenoo himself in that FLESH body, per. Phil 2:7. as the EQUAL SHARE, ..... "of himself"...... in flesh...... which G243 allos clearly define, and Phil 2:6 support..... he G2758 κενόω kenoo himself while in that flesh, Hebrews 2:14, and Phil 2:7. read it again if nesseary.....

Again, we believe that God and Jesus are 2 separate and distinct entities.
the bible do not say that...... the bible is clear, only one person, who diversified himself in flesh.

Jesus and God have the same form
Jesus is God, and in that resurrected, glorified body, yes the SAME ONE PERSON, Colossians 2:9....... :D I can't believe you don't known any of this, this is Basic bible study..... oh well.

We may just have to agree to disagree.
that's a cop out, and a deception of the devil.... for if you agree to disagree then you're still in "disagreement". no, it's not to agree to disagree, no, we cannot walk together, because, 1 Corinthians 10:21 "Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils." and what have LIGHT to do with Darkness?.

2 Corinthians 6:14 "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" 2 Corinthians 6:15 "And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?" 2 Corinthians 6:16 "And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people." 2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you," 2 Corinthians 6:18 "And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."

see, Amos, by God said, Amos 3:3 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"

so that agree to disagree lie, no, we just can't WALK together.

I prefer to walk in the Light, not Darkness.

we suggest you re-read Post #179

PICJAG

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the Last time, what, or who is the "IMAGE" of God? .... Genesis 1:26 & 27, and that Image was manifested, and is now Glorified in the resurrection, Luke 24:39, and is that God? yes, John 20:28, is that too hard to follow?.

PICJAG
The man Christ Jesus is the form of God.

God is a formless omnipresent Spirit.

If God had a form, this would disqualify Him as God, meaning He is not omnipresent.

Who, (the man), being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God...

Get it?

Oneness teaches Jesus is the form of Himself, which makes no sense.

Trins teach there was a power grab in heaven, which makes minus no sense.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is a formless omnipresent Spirit.
ERROR, do you really understand the Scripture, listen, Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

now one more, listen closley, 1 Peter 1:19 "But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:"1 Peter 1:20 "Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,"
now, the FORM of God was ORDAINED before the Foundation of the world, correct, now what is that "Form?"..... flesh and blood, MAN... BINGO.

see you didn't know that God is a man?, we, are his, his, his, "IMAGE", my God did any of you was in bible study?.

God made made man IN, IN, IN, his Image.... and that image is the Last Adam, for ADAM is another of God in Flesh....
ADAM: H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
[from H119]
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
Root(s): H119

do you see how the term Adam can be translated?....... "ANOTHER" my God is you studying your bible?.

PICJAG

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, do you really understand the Scripture, listen, Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

now one more, listen closley, 1 Peter 1:19 "But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:"1 Peter 1:20 "Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,"
now, the FORM of God was ORDAINED before the Foundation of the world, correct, now what is that "Form?"..... flesh and blood, MAN... BINGO.

see you didn't know that God is a man?, we, are his, his, his, "IMAGE", my God did any of you was in bible study?.

God made made man IN, IN, IN, his Image.... and that image is the Last Adam, for ADAM is another of God in Flesh....
ADAM: H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
[from H119]
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
Root(s): H119

do you see how the term Adam can be translated?....... "ANOTHER" my God is you studying your bible?.

PICJAG
God is not a formless, omnipresent Spirit?

I beg your pardon, but what is God formed like?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MY neighbor says yes they are, however he as a Jehovah does not believe that Jesus is the son of God. Now I do not care what he believes, however I fail to see how a Christian would not accept and acknowledge the risen Christ.

Not trying to flame any JW's but Catholics, Baptist, Protestants and every other Christian denomination that I know all see Christ as the son of God

So. Are Jehovah’s Witness Christians?

I'm Mormon and I believe in God the Father, Jesus the Christ and the Holy Ghost all as God. I also believe in a heavenly mother. But I think in order to be Christian you would have to believe that Jesus is God and the son of God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm Mormon and I believe in God the Father, Jesus the Christ and the Holy Ghost all as God. I also believe in a heavenly mother. But I think in order to be Christian you would have to believe that Jesus is God and the son of God.
Please elaborate on the highlighted.

Thanks.

Reactions: dev553344

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not a formless, omnipresent Spirit?

I beg your pardon, but what is God formed like?
John 14:8 "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us."
John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

is JESUS, in the FORM of a man, GOD.... well let the the bible tell us. Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

ok Truther, HOW IS GOD WITH US?, by being in what we're in.... FLESH and BONE body .. with blood.... BINGO. he that hath seen me hath seen the Father ..... so you're Pardon....

PICJAG