Are Jehovah’s Witness Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:8 "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us."
John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

is JESUS, in the FORM of a man, GOD.... well let the the bible tell us. Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

ok Truther, HOW IS GO WITH US?, by being in what we're in.... FLESH and BONE body .. with blood.... BINGO. he that hath seen me hath seen the Father ..... so you're Pardon....

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
So, the Father has a rectum, beard, etc?

Or, is the Father "visible" through the son of God?

As in, "the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth...".

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please elaborate on the highlighted.

Thanks.
I had a vision of a heavenly mother, but that's probably not important. When I saw her I was filled with the fruits of the Holy Spirit for hours intensely (Galatians 5:22-25). But God is the trinity. Not sure I need to elaborate.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm Mormon and I believe in God the Father, Jesus the Christ and the Holy Ghost all as God. I also believe in a heavenly mother. But I think in order to be Christian you would have to believe that Jesus is God and the son of God.
First thanks for the reply, but consider this, JESUS is God, and as the EQUAL SHARE of himself, he hold the titles, Father, and Son.

PICJAG

Reactions: dev553344

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a vision of a heavenly mother, but that's probably not important. When I saw her I was filled with the fruits of the Holy Spirit for hours intensely (Galatians 5:22-25). But God is the trinity. Not sure I need to elaborate.
Do Mormons teach a heavenly mother, or just you?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply, but consider this, JESUS is God, and as the EQUAL SHARE of himself, he hold the titles, Father, and Son.

PICJAG
Yes I was taught that same thing by what I think might be the Holy Spirit, but I don't hold onto it too tightly.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, the Father has a rectum, beard, etc?
well when he comes you can ask him...... lol, lol,

Or, is the Father "visible" through the son of God?
have you not read..... Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." and how many PERSON dwelling in that one BODY? answewr, Revelation 22:4 "And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.".... :p YIKES! lol, oh my....

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I was taught that same thing by what I think might be the Holy Spirit, but I don't hold onto it too tightly.
ok, then, no problem, the Holy Spirit who is Jesus is the only Person in the Godhead....

PICJAG

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well when he comes you can ask him...... lol, lol,

have you not read..... Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." and how many PERSON dwelling in that one BODY? answewr, Revelation 22:4 "And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.".... :p YIKES! lol, oh my....

PICJAG
The ever invisible Father is "visible" VIA the son, not the Father is the son.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormons believe in a heavenly mother as do other religions. You could research this idea here: Mother goddess - Wikipedia
Wow...

Further information: Heavenly Mother (Mormonism)
In the Latter Day Saint movement, particularly The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, many adherents believe in a Heavenly Mother as the wife of God the Father. The theology varies, however, according to denomination. The only clear declaration regarding a Heavenly Mother figure is that she exists. Some offshoot denominations disavow a belief in her, some do not make her a part of the official doctrine, and others openly acknowledge her

I did not know they taught that.

What is her name?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, then, no problem, the Holy Spirit who is Jesus is the only Person in the Godhead....

PICJAG
That is not correct, there is a Father and Holy Spirit and Jesus, all different and all God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who is she mother to?

PICJAG
Us. Be careful not to blaspheme the mother though, we are taught in the bible to honor both father and mother.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ever invisible Father is "visible" VIA the son, not the Father is the son.
ERROR, he is ONE PERSON "SHARED", listen, in Sharing of himself in flesh, this is called what the Greek calls G243 as what is described .... listen, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. the same sort is the same person, now what is a numerical difference?, "ANOTHER", or differentiation. .... supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:28 "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." .... :eek:

now , do you understand?

PICJAG

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, he is ONE PERSON "SHARED", listen, in Sharing of himself in flesh, this is called what the Greek calls G243 as what is described .... listen, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. the same sort is the same person, now what is a numerical difference?, "ANOTHER", or differentiation. .... supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:28 "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." .... :eek:

now , do you understand?

PICJAG
No, it just says the son is subject to, not the son is the Father.

C'mon, man!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ONLY thing oneness has over trinity is Acts 2:38. The rest is a mess.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then you don't know the scriptures as you say you do. Jesus was in agreement with all the scriptures. Learning, and teaching and studying is something Jesus wasn't against.
Really

Have you not read, "it was written But I say",, you should go look it up. And He doesnt have to agree with mens understandning nor mens doctrines which is spoken more than the truth, not even the bible, He never wrote it.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really

Have you not read, "it was written But I say",, you should go look it up. And He doesnt have to agree with mens understandning nor mens doctrines which is spoken more than the truth, not even the bible, He never wrote it.
Excellent point, never saw that before, I learned something new today! Cheers!